NFL Pre Season Discussion

And then he missed a wide open guy for 30 yards and throws a p6.

Guess it was Andy Reid and not Shane.

Missed XP though.

Not dead yet.

Bills worth a flier at a big number

Cards in Indy next week doing dual practice. Both Wed/Thur night then game on Saturday night

Again, doubt the game sees much after they basically did a game against each other for several days leading up to it

Set up as I wanted it but Huntley not taking advantage and bum Clifford converting 4th and shorts in his own territory...

Didn't realize Ken Dorsey was the OC either
I wish some NFL team down on its luck would just bring in an entire high octane college staff to see how it goes. No hiring Spurrier or whatever, bring in the whole staff and let it fly. What's to lose?

Bring in all of that Miami staff when Dorsey was QB. Who wouldn't watch that?

I wish some NFL team down on its luck would just bring in an entire high octane college staff to see how it goes. No hiring Spurrier or whatever, bring in the whole staff and let it fly. What's to lose?

Bring in all of that Miami staff when Dorsey was QB. Who wouldn't watch that?
If you think those Miami teams won anything due to coaching you weren't watching.

A couple of nuances learned on the new kickoff play courtesy of the Jags/Chiefs game:

1) A ball hitting the endzone is no longer automatically dead. Remember how kickers would boot it into the endzone and the returner would hold his arms out and the play was automatically over? That is no more. The Jags kicker had a ball hit 1 yard into the endzone and it bounced back to the 1/2 yard line. The ball was deemed live.
2) You cannot stand in the endzone, pick up a ball outside the end zone, and have it be a touch back. This may have always been the case but the way the refs initially handled it, this might be a change, I'm not sure. But Mecole Hardman kneeled in the endzone, then picked the ball up at the 1/2 yard line. It was at first ruled a touchback but then changed to a SAFETY.
3) Safety kicks will also use the dynamic kickoff. No more punters. Your place kicker will be out there kicking from the 20, and he'll need to stretch out that leg after all those pooch kicks.

BTW the Jags have two kick returns over 40 yards in this one. Don't believe this play is automatically going to be a dud.

Steve Makinen, big stats guy at vsin.
he's listed these two trends for a few yrs. THe "37" total being one I have played when bored and don't want to work, just have action.
I thought I'd track it .

So far with two gms left this week.

1. LINE RANGES have proven very telling

Oddsmakers have essentially led bettors to water in the preseason, although it is easy to see how these prices can seem tricky. Since 2010, 13 teams have been favored by more than seven points. Nine of these heavy favorites won their games outright, but they were 4-9 ATS (30.8%). At the same time, favorites in the “sweet spot” range of -3.5 to -7 have been quite reliable, going 143-112-4 ATS for 56.1%. However, most games tend to land in the -1 to -3 range, and those are where the underdogs thrive. Since 2015, underdogs in the +1 to +3 range own a highly profitable record of 162-110 ATS, good for 59.6%. On that last angle, underdogs in ’23 went 13-8 ATS.

+1/+3 6-5
-3.5/-7 1-3
-7+

7. “37” is a MAGIC NUMBER for totals

Since 2010 in the NFL preseason, the number 37 has proved to be quite the benchmark in terms of totals. Totals less than 37 have gone OVER at a rate of 58.9% (279-195), including 10-3 last preseason. Those closing totals of 37 or higher have gone UNDER at a 56.4% clip (527-407).

10-5

Steve Makinen, big stats guy at vsin.
he's listed these two trends for a few yrs. THe "37" total being one I have played when bored and don't want to work, just have action.
I thought I'd track it .

So far with two gms left this week.

1. LINE RANGES have proven very telling

Oddsmakers have essentially led bettors to water in the preseason, although it is easy to see how these prices can seem tricky. Since 2010, 13 teams have been favored by more than seven points. Nine of these heavy favorites won their games outright, but they were 4-9 ATS (30.8%). At the same time, favorites in the “sweet spot” range of -3.5 to -7 have been quite reliable, going 143-112-4 ATS for 56.1%. However, most games tend to land in the -1 to -3 range, and those are where the underdogs thrive. Since 2015, underdogs in the +1 to +3 range own a highly profitable record of 162-110 ATS, good for 59.6%. On that last angle, underdogs in ’23 went 13-8 ATS.

+1/+3 6-5
-3.5/-7 1-3
-7+

7. “37” is a MAGIC NUMBER for totals

Since 2010 in the NFL preseason, the number 37 has proved to be quite the benchmark in terms of totals. Totals less than 37 have gone OVER at a rate of 58.9% (279-195), including 10-3 last preseason. Those closing totals of 37 or higher have gone UNDER at a 56.4% clip (527-407).

10-5
Good stuff press

Indy and Denver both lost their preseason openers last season late. Hard to get a feel for this game, really.

Although I do think Zach Wilson could do work vs. the 3s

dunno how much ak-47 pays but i think he comes out to show out!

rams game pretty self explanatory, rams have no interest showing anything in these games. want to say they have played the most boring nothing games under mcvay. have a feeling ak-47! playing yo prove something! could be way off base but thinks he accounts for a td or 2 before they pull plug!

and i totally love the under in rams game!
Unders have been the golden goose

I know you were railing on Tomlin for not challenging something the other night but let's be real. If a coach challenges anything in preseason he deserves the complete social media disrupt that's coming. If you didn't have money on it and he challenged, I'd be right there with you questioning him for throwing that red flag. No one challenges in pre season. Why would they? Get that shit over and move on.

Best part of exhibition season is baseball

dunno how much ak-47 pays but i think he comes out to show out!

rams game pretty self explanatory, rams have no interest showing anything in these games. want to say they have played the most boring nothing games under mcvay. have a feeling ak-47! playing yo prove something! could be way off base but thinks he accounts for a td or 2 before they pull plug!

Trey Lance going to drop a couple of scores. Probably to the defense.

donks have a bit a qb competition going, think that leads to donks mistakes. colts 1st half all day as i think ak-47 ready to show our

Colts and Titans for division

Jags doing what they do and going to be a lot of opportunities with Houston playing a first place schedule

i think houston can handle 1st place schedule. jags the wild card team
to me

payton smart. w strudam having the experience. then nix come in and carve up the the backups. i may have screwed up here but i just didn't have time for much work with baseball and theresa problems. next week ill take this more serious. i so fucking love the under in next game tho

i thought stroud looked amazing yesterday. still can't believe i lost that 1st have over cause allen missed a throw any one them flag football kids coulda made! not to mention tomlin dumb ass not challenging obviously catch

Colts and Titans for division

Jags doing what they do and going to be a lot of opportunities with Houston playing a first place schedule

i have no love for titans, i think they bottom feeders. i'll listen on other 3 but not buying titans. imo that qb was right there w daniel jones as aweful pick!

if they wouldn't have wasted the 2nd down play wouldn't ve punting. not good ball placement from ak tho

i have no love for titans, i think they bottom feeders. i'll listen on other 3 but not buying titans. imo that qb was right there w daniel jones as aweful pick!
Kentucky literally has no passing game. He got drafted in spite of that.

Welp I like Indy and Tennessee so we aren't looking in the same direction it appears

i have done like no work so you prob have better idea than me. i just have thought bust on uk kid since the minute i saw him in college. obviously he could get coaching that helps but imo he doesn't have what it takes to be a leader. i think nix has way better chance of success than the uk kid

I keyed Browns like people key a 1/5 in a Pick 6 and it cost me big time.

Chipped away with a late live Saints bet.

Donks +1.5 pregame here and added -125 live after it seems Ant is done with 0 points put on the board.

Back