• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize

***NFL In-Game Thread***

Obviously not trying to be insensitive here, but practically speaking what do you guys think happens to the game? It’s a pretty consequential game. Do they try to play it Wednesday and then push their other games to Tuesday?

Obviously not trying to be insensitive here, but practically speaking what do you guys think happens to the game? It’s a pretty consequential game. Do they try to play it Wednesday and then push their other games to Tuesday?
Bills flew back man

His heartbeat was restored but the issue will be how long did his brain not have oxygen. Won't know the extent of damage until they do a brain scan. With him being administered cpr & defib early there's a chance he can pull through. So devastating.

His heartbeat was restored but the issue will be how long did his brain not have oxygen. Won't know the extent of damage until they do a brain scan. With him being administered cpr & defib early there's a chance he can pull through. So devastating.

They were giving him the highest possible o2 on the field while doing CPR.

Despite saying otherwise, NFL offices are liking going through scenarios on what to do and how it effects everything else. They can't say they are talking about it or they will get blasted as tone deaf and insensitive, but obviously some kind of working group must be brain storming ideas.

I thought maybe they give the teams a tie? Not sure how that impacts the conference and seeding races. The game can't be reschedule. So they could act like it didn't happen and those teams have 16 of 17 games, or they count it as a tie. I don't know the impacts.

Despite saying otherwise, NFL offices are liking going through scenarios on what to do and how it effects everything else. They can't say they are talking about it or they will get blasted as tone deaf and insensitive, but obviously some kind of working group must be brain storming ideas.

I thought maybe they give the teams a tie? Not sure how that impacts the conference and seeding races. The game can't be reschedule. So they could act like it didn't happen and those teams have 16 of 17 games, or they count it as a tie. I don't know the impacts.

From the link I posted above.

"When the playoffs are scheduled, the league will not place a team in a game with less than 6 days’ rest. When introducing the Monday night wild card game in 2021, that meant that a team could not play that game and then be scheduled for a Saturday divisional playoff game. There could be some quick changes to the Ravens-Bengals and Patriots-Bills games to move them up to Friday, resuming the suspended game on Tuesday, and scheduling one or two wild card games (as needed, depending if the Bills clinch the #1 seed) on Monday."

"While there are very few options to schedule a resumption of the game, not scheduling a resumption of the game seems to be very unlikely. However, if the game is not resumed, standings for the playoff seeds would be calculated on win percentage as usual. Any statistics that would affect a player’s contracted performance bonus or in the statistical rankings would be prorated to 16 games."

Smartest and simplest thing to do is leave it up to win percentage and cancel this game from both teams schedule. This allows the season to move forward un hitched into next Sunday. There will be a few complainers but you know what they say…if you want everybody to be happy, don’t be a leader, sell ice cream

Smartest and simplest thing to do is leave it up to win percentage and cancel this game from both teams schedule. This allows the season to move forward un hitched into next Sunday. There will be a few complainers but you know what they say…if you want everybody to be happy, don’t be a leader, sell ice cream
Seems like they may well be stuck resuming tomorrow, then Tuesday next week. Not impossible to put their next game on Monday but I think they'll do everything possible to avoid putting it at the same time as the NCAA game.

2 things…first there is a 19th week “contingency plan” that was out in place for Covid…that is very possible to happen here. Week 18 goes on as normal, Bills/Bengals play the following week which moves the playoffs all back a week.

Second, another guy I know personally, who is the Bills sideline reporter (Sal Capaccio) said there was never a “we will resume in 5 minutes” message/announcement given at all by anyone. He said he heard the Joe Buck said something like that but it did not happen in the stadium or on the sidelines, and that “the NFL” did no such thing. He went on to say that players themselves, like Diggs as we saw, we gathering teammates getting ready to go back out there and that the Bills even at one point had 11 guys on the field ready to go if it was going to resume.

Another great example of EVERYONE wanting to jump to conclusions, and then the fucking piling on that happens when nobody even knows the facts to begin with. It’s amazing that no matter how many times it happens…it will always seemingly happen the next time something takes place. We are shot as a society.

The bit about the 19th week and the discussion with Sal were on the local sports radio channel, as they're obviously going to be talking about it and everything that can/may happen all day long. Any updates and I'll be sure to post.

Last edited:
2 things…first there is a 19th week “contingency planl” that was out in place for Covid…that is very possible to happen here. Week 18 goes on as normal, Bills/Bengals play the following week which moves the playoffs all back a week.

Second, another guy I know personally, who is the Bills sideline reporter (Sal Capaccio) said there was never a “we will resume in 5 minutes” message/announcement given at all by anyone. He said he heard the Joe Buck said something like that but it did not happen in the stadium or on the sidelines, and that “the NFL” did no such thing. He went on to say that players themselves, like Diggs as we saw, we gathering teammates getting ready to go back out there and that the Bills even at one point had 11 guys on the field ready to go if it was going to resume.

Another great example of EVERYONE wanting to jump to conclusions, and then the fucking piling on that happens when nobody even knows the facts to begin with. It’s amazing that no matter how many times it happens…it will always seemingly happen the next time something takes place. We are shot as a society.

The bit about the 19th week and the discussion with Sal were on the local sports radio channel, as they're obviously going to be talking about it and everything that can/may happen all day long. Any updates and I'll be sure to post.

As I said last night... Gotta let dust settle sometimes..

The 5 min thing could of been as innocent as Burrow started tossing the ball around and people took it that way.

The 5 min thing could of been as innocent as Burrow started tossing the ball around and people took it that way.

It was Joe Buck. He claimed he got it from "the league," but that isn't what Troy Vincent is saying. Another example of ESPN being the absolute fucking worst thing about sports? I guess we will see but my money is on the latter, ESPN and Joe Buck are the worst.

Full Troy Vincent statement...

"I’m not sure where that came from," Vincent said. "Frankly, there was no time period for the players to get warmed up. Frankly, the only thing that we asked was that [referee] Shawn [Smith] communicate with both head coaches to make sure they had the proper time inside the locker room to discuss what they felt like was best."

"So, I’m not sure where that came from. Five-minute warmup never crossed my mind, personally. And I was the one. ... that was communicating with the commissioner. We never, frankly, it never crossed our mind to talk about warming up to resume play. That’s ridiculous. That’s insensitive. And that’s not a place that we should ever be in."

Last edited:
It was Joe Buck. He claimed he got it from "the league," but that isn't what Troy Vincent is saying. Another example of ESPN being the absolute fucking worst thing about sports? I guess we will see but my money is on the latter, ESPN and Joe Buck are the worst.

I also don't agree with Mandel's point here either...what do you mean "keep them in the dark?" It was literally unfolding live and nobody knew what to do, or what would happen...why would ESPN need the league to hold its fucking hand during that first few minutes to tell them anything? It's more strange that Mandel and seemingly lots of others were more worried about what would be happening (and needed to know RIGHT AWAY) than Hamlin's life and safety.

And yes, it could have been that innocent but the fact it immediately became "the NFL made the announcement" is where it gets dumb. Not one person who was saying that ever had any proof of the 5 minute thing coming from the league but take a look around social media and you'd think they were ready to march to NFL HQ with pitchforks. As I said...we are absolutely shot and doomed as a society.

Prefacing this question with a couple things...

1. The situation last night was terrible, could tell it was really bad by watching the players. Hope he has a full recovery!

2. I am not one to create a hassle over a few bucks and I am usually the guy at the restaurant that when receiving a steak cooked more than my request/liking I will just say 'looks great' and enjoy the meal without causing waves.

That all said, looking for quick opinions on your thoughts on the 1st Q over being paid? I saw the Bovada tweet. This was a pretty sizeable wager on made on a whim. My guy runs a local ring, so no website or rules.

I have seen half 'not official until 55 minutes/end of quarter etc' and half with that same phrase along with 'unless it has been determined.'

Feels a little gross to ask, but at the same time I know if I had the under I would just pay because it would not be a good look or convo to try to get out of jt given the circumstances.

Have a great Tuesday

My bets were all cancelled, (safebet 365), and there's a new notice posted;

"Football propositions and game, the game must go 55 minutes for action ...Buffalo vs Cincinnati CANCEL wagers"

My bets were all cancelled, (safebet 365), and there's a new notice posted;

"Football propositions and game, the game must go 55 minutes for action ...Buffalo vs Cincinnati CANCEL wagers"

Draft Kings is holding my nickel bet and I assume tens of millions of dollars on hold and probably getting 3-4% interest on it for a few days.

Draft Kings is holding my nickel bet and I assume tens of millions of dollars on hold and probably getting 3-4% interest on it for a few days.
Every book has a different set of rules they have to adhere to.

There is an 8 day rule that some books are stuck with right now.

Obviously, I'd assume the NFL will have an announcement or decision sometime later today. That can help expedite things.

Sounds like over $4 million raised on GoFundMe for his charity, a toys for tots type I believe

Prefacing this question with a couple things...

1. The situation last night was terrible, could tell it was really bad by watching the players. Hope he has a full recovery!

2. I am not one to create a hassle over a few bucks and I am usually the guy at the restaurant that when receiving a steak cooked more than my request/liking I will just say 'looks great' and enjoy the meal without causing waves.

That all said, looking for quick opinions on your thoughts on the 1st Q over being paid? I saw the Bovada tweet. This was a pretty sizeable wager on made on a whim. My guy runs a local ring, so no website or rules.

I have seen half 'not official until 55 minutes/end of quarter etc' and half with that same phrase along with 'unless it has been determined.'

Feels a little gross to ask, but at the same time I know if I had the under I would just pay because it would not be a good look or convo to try to get out of jt given the circumstances.

Have a great Tuesday
Update...he paid out on the 1st Q bet...maybe one advantage of dealing with someone you know. All the best for this young man and his teammates

How about a teaser bet? The teaser bet consisted of Mississippi State (win) Tulane (win) and Over Bills / Bengals. The bet was cancelled. Since I won the first two legs, I would assume I would be given the opportunity to pick a different 3rd game, no?

How about a teaser bet? The teaser bet consisted of Mississippi State (win) Tulane (win) and Over Bills / Bengals. The bet was cancelled. Since I won the first two legs, I would assume I would be given the opportunity to pick a different 3rd game, no?
Generally, that will go to a 2 team teaser.

Or, be labeled as no action.

@B.A.R. - can't go to a 2 teamer since it was a 10 point 3 team teaser. Again, I don't want to sound heartless but if one of the first two teams lost, it would have been a loser - rightfully so. Since the first two teams won, I should be given the opportunity (or option) to pick a 3rd game to complete the teaser.

@B.A.R. - can't go to a 2 teamer since it was a 10 point 3 team teaser. Again, I don't want to sound heartless but if one of the first two teams lost, it would have been a loser - rightfully so. Since the first two teams won, I should be given the opportunity (or option) to pick a 3rd game to complete the teaser.
That's why I gave two scenarios, but the 3rd is plausible.

I agree with you though, that it should be treated as an OPEN teaser.

What kind of issues "may arrise" out of someone having a cardic arrest??
According to police, federal agents are posted up in “routine manner” in a “distant radius from the medical center” in response to crowds surrounding the hospital tonight and “tumultuous social media trends.”

There is NO imminent threat to the hospital.
3:13 AM · Jan 3, 2023
from Cincinnati, OH

Back