• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize

***NFL In-Game Thread***

2 things…first there is a 19th week “contingency plan” that was out in place for Covid…that is very possible to happen here. Week 18 goes on as normal, Bills/Bengals play the following week which moves the playoffs all back a week.

Second, another guy I know personally, who is the Bills sideline reporter (Sal Capaccio) said there was never a “we will resume in 5 minutes” message/announcement given at all by anyone. He said he heard the Joe Buck said something like that but it did not happen in the stadium or on the sidelines, and that “the NFL” did no such thing. He went on to say that players themselves, like Diggs as we saw, we gathering teammates getting ready to go back out there and that the Bills even at one point had 11 guys on the field ready to go if it was going to resume.

Another great example of EVERYONE wanting to jump to conclusions, and then the fucking piling on that happens when nobody even knows the facts to begin with. It’s amazing that no matter how many times it happens…it will always seemingly happen the next time something takes place. We are shot as a society.

The bit about the 19th week and the discussion with Sal were on the local sports radio channel, as they're obviously going to be talking about it and everything that can/may happen all day long. Any updates and I'll be sure to post.
I'll accept the conclusion that it was all Joe Buck's fault.....

There's no way they delay playoffs a week, everything is booked for Superbowl week specifically
They have the week before.

I agree with you though.

This game will not be played at all.

That's fine. Nothing you can do about a devastating event such as this.

there's a week off before the super bowl, so the SB can still stay on the same day.

Yes.

And again it sounds as if they have a contingency plan in place for Week 19 based on the Covid situation and them looking forward to possible issues/concerns.

If that’s the case, the Bills/Bengals play week 19 as a stand-alone game. The playoffs start the following week and there just isn’t a week off before SB. Seems that it may work out well, all things considered.

Yes.

And again it sounds as if they have a contingency plan in place for Week 19 based on the Covid situation and them looking forward to possible issues/concerns.

If that’s the case, the Bills/Bengals play week 19 as a stand-alone game. The playoffs start the following week and there just isn’t a week off before SB. Seems that it may work out well, all things considered.

if the case, then fantasy leagues who were in the championship this week should just wait for that game.

I guess it does yeah. Unless the Bengals just say we don’t give a crap

I’m not sure if they would have a say in it necessarily. But there’s also the possibility that game can effect their seeding so they’d want to play. What if KC and Buf both lose in Week 18 and Cinci wins…the Bengals can get #1 seed with a win against Buf no?

Yeah, this is my thought for now as well...
Going to be tough to gauge scenarios for this weekend if no one has a clue about that game

I guess in reality if it affects seedings they could always go the coin flip route for logistics, not even sure how much if any the other teams would be impacted. If it really comes down to it the draw scenario seems more likely than doing %s off a 16 game schedule I guess

Hey, my Raiders TT u14.5 on Sunday was a top 10 laughable bet of this fall for me.

Lesson learned.
Nice they have the weapons back for him. Tough to lose a game on interceptions after benching a guy with the expressed reason of his interceptions. And you cannot blame him not knowing the system well enough the way they were able to blame Carr. Real reason he was benched was because he kept getting outcoached at halftime and had to blame someone other than himself. Derek Carr is 13th all time in 4th quarter comeback wins (is not washed up in the least) in NFL history so you cannot tell me the guy is a choker and we are not even a season removed from what he did at the end of last year. The coach has been choking. I think he is a decent coach and I wasn't worried about wanting him gone but I think the Carr benching was kind of bullshit. Still, Rodgers is gonna look nice in the uniform next year.

Nice they have the weapons back for him. Tough to lose a game on interceptions after benching a guy with the expressed reason of his interceptions. And you cannot blame him not knowing the system well enough the way they were able to blame Carr. Real reason he was benched was because he kept getting outcoached at halftime and had to blame someone other than himself. Derek Carr is 13th all time in 4th quarter comeback wins (is not washed up in the least) in NFL history so you cannot tell me the guy is a choker and we are not even a season removed from what he did at the end of last year. The coach has been choking. I think he is a decent coach and I wasn't worried about wanting him gone but I think the Carr benching was kind of bullshit. Still, Rodgers is gonna look nice in the uniform next year.
DC will have a very good year next year methinks (guessing he'll end up in a solid situation).

Jets, saints, or steelers, I would think, pending other moves.
Whoa you think there's a chance Steez already throw in the towel on Pickett? That would be aggressive, guy has shown more promise than typical rooks do

Whoa you think there's a chance Steez already throw in the towel on Pickett? That would be aggressive, guy has shown more promise than typical rooks do
Yes. Not sure that equates to throwing in the towel though

Interesting spot the NFL is in. They have to be all in on the hit itself not causing the problem and the government is telling them they have to be all in on it not being vaccine related in any way shape or form. Time to run tests and find something wrong the man prior to either.

If either team had a say I would guess they say they don’t want to play, no? Why would they risk putting their bodies through 3 games in 10-14 days for potentially a better seed in playoffs. Even if they move playoffs back to fit this in, all other playoff teams get a bye? How’s that gonna help them tio

Jets are the one screaming out to me

They are a minimum 10 win team with adequate qb play, carr is a bottom half top 10 guy

11 or 12 imo

Jets have serious issues on the offensive side of the ball coaching wise. Mini Lafluer was maybe the #3-4 mind in SF and got the OC job. I’m not sure giving Carr 35 million minimum would help this team long term. They’re more of what we’ve seen recently than what they were early.

If either team had a say I would guess they say they don’t want to play, no? Why would they risk putting their bodies through 3 games in 10-14 days for potentially a better seed in playoffs. Even if they move playoffs back to fit this in, all other playoff teams get a bye? How’s that gonna help them tio

Give them both a win and see how things play out in the final week of the season.

Jets have serious issues on the offensive side of the ball coaching wise. Mini Lafluer was maybe the #3-4 mind in SF and got the OC job. I’m not sure giving Carr 35 million minimum would help this team long term. They’re more of what we’ve seen recently than what they were early.
This and the pass protection.

Maybe Carr would be better off in DC?

That's basically league average starter money

Jets offense post Breece hall injury was a lot more limited, lack of qb ability to move sticks consistently , lafleur didnt have much of a chance

Someone asked me this today and just found it interesting: if somebody beat somebody to death in the 1st Q say in the terrace at the SuperDome….think they finish the game ?

Someone asked me this today and just found it interesting: if somebody beat somebody to death in the 1st Q say in the terrace at the SuperDome….think they finish the game ?
Stop worrying, Twinkie, a few others and I pitched in for secret bodyguard service to protect you.

I cannot find the way the game doesn't have a major impact on the playoffs. Short of Buffalo W, Chiefs L, and Bengals L it will have major impact. If you are an NFL is scripted kind of person that parlay would pay pretty good.

Game gets cancelled. They calculate playoffs based on win percentage. You heard it here first. Waiting on the other teams to sign on off on that approach.
Just putting this here for my own future reflection. When I go with my gut good things happen. Unfortunately, I lack confidence and depend on “experts” to craft my opinions and ultimately am lucky to break even. Yeah Im tooting my own horn. Ill keep doing that until I believe in myself as much or more than the “experts”.

Back