• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize

***NFL In-Game Thread***

They did.

You can't just cancel it at that second man.

As I said earlier, they had to talk with NFLPA and so many other factors.

You can blame NFL for the 5 min warm up. No doubt.

The delay, NONE of us know what was happening then. A decision was likely made but they had to tie up loose ends before an official announcement.

The official NFL statement came out well after Bills players were seen leaving the stadium in street clothes. Maybe an hour later?

I do get what ESPN is faced with. I was a journalist for more than 40 years. It's a huge story, you stay with it for as long it's a huge story. You have to stay on the air and fill time as best you can until an update comes. Just hard to listen to and watch. Ryan Clark, by the way, has been enlightening.

I would think the Shield
They did.

You can't just cancel it at that second man.

As I said earlier, they had to talk with NFLPA and so many other factors.

I would think a $135 billion entity would have a big staff prepared to handle pretty much anything and everything on the field, including a player's death and the related immediate impact.

If not, that's a massive failure by an entity of that size.

The NFL has a loooong night ahead of them.

Yes, I know the player and his fmaily do too. But the logistics are insane on this.

I would think the Shield

I would think a $135 billion entity would have a big staff prepared to handle pretty much anything and everything on the field, including a player's death and the related immediate impact.

If not, that's a massive failure by an entity of that size.
Sure.

This isn't a case of a player dying on the field though.

He's vented, and reportedly has a heartbeat (hopefully that source is correct).

Yeah ESPN is brutal, who needs to hear them go over and over what happened

They are going to. If you are not interested don't watch. I can't understand complaining about the sports network that broadcast the game that had a life threatening event occur is talking about it as if it is not within their realm to discuss

Sure.

This isn't a case of a player dying on the field though.

He's vented, and reportedly has a heartbeat (hopefully that source is correct).

It doesn't matter if on the field, off of it, or anywhere else.

Again, it's a $135 billion entity. You cover anything, and everything, with that size. Every angle.

Their decisions over the next few days will tell us everything about the NFL's priorities. Having said that, I realize it's a business that has to go on despite tragedy. After all, 9/11 was possibly this country's biggest tragedy since Pearl Harbor & the NFL only postponed games for a week.

Again, it's a $135 billion entity. You cover anything, and everything, with that size. Every angle.

I think they handled it great tbh. However, there should always be an ambulance inside the stadium at all times, if not 3 or 4 of them.

They are going to. If you are not interested don't watch. I can't understand complaining about the sports network that broadcast the game that had a life threatening event occur is talking about it as if it is not within their realm to discuss
Because I never made that sort of complaint

And we're not privy to what they have behind the scenes.

All speculation and A LOT of posts/tweets etc of people saying things with no background whatsoever.

Again, we don't know.

We do know that the medical officials on site surely were right on the ball.

We know ultimately, the league made the correct decision for tonight.

Otherwise, that's what we have. The rest is speculation.

I do get what ESPN is faced with. I was a journalist for more than 40 years. It's a huge story, you stay with it for as long it's a huge story. You have to stay on the air and fill time as best you can until an update comes. Just hard to listen to and watch. Ryan Clark, by the way, has been enlightening.
Yes, Clark has been the best listen for sure.

ESPN doesn't know what to do right now. This is all on the fly.

Yes, Clark has been the best listen for sure.

ESPN doesn't know what to do right now. This is all on the fly.
Yeah not sure what people want them to do

And here’s nfl live and let’s go back to Baltimore for highlights from SNf? That would be insane

Back