• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize

***NFL In-Game Thread***

Game gets cancelled. They calculate playoffs based on win percentage. You heard it here first. Waiting on the other teams to sign on off on that approach.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful at all but what happens to our wagers?

They will all be voided. Would be similar to a postponed game in MLB I would imagine.

Didn’t they resume an NBA game a few years ago and there were new odds before the restart. And that only had a few minutes left right?

So if they do cancel the game and call it no contest......Chiefs control the 1 seed, Bengals clinch the AFC North. And the number of fantasy leagues impacted in the championship week would be what, tens of thousands? Hundreds of thousands?

The big conundrum is its week 18. Literally so much money on the line. Any other week this one is done.

I realize all wagers will be cancelled. But I will bitch and cancel business in my case. Had a triple wager on Boyd to be first TD scorer. If they dont honor it theyll lose my business. Not a big loss but IMO that one should be honored. The rest will and should be voided. Its in the fine print of every book.

Pete Rozelle said his greatest mistake as Commisioner was not postponing the games after Kennedy was assassinated. Let's see what Goddell does.

I realize all wagers will be cancelled. But I will bitch and cancel business in my case. Had a triple wager on Boyd to be first TD scorer. If they dont honor it theyll lose my business. Not a big loss but IMO that one should be honored. The rest will and should be voided. Its in the fine print of every book.

Wow. Wagers?

You should have already been paid that

Players have stopped playing before ROG can make a statement. What a scumbag he is
The thing here

I'd assume they are calling the game.

Might call it a tie.

There are a gazillion moving parts the league had to take care of before an official announcement.

That should have been honored right after

So if they do cancel the game and call it no contest......Chiefs control the 1 seed, Bengals clinch the AFC North. And the number of fantasy leagues impacted in the championship week would be what, tens of thousands? Hundreds of thousands?
Holy shit. I forgot about fantasy. Im in 2 Super Bowls and played against Evans in both. Have Chase and Davis still live but in a deep hole. That really puts things out of whack. Crazy the level of things one simple game impacts. Most importantly, the health of a young man that needs all of our prayers.

You'd hear a lot of bitching from the teams that got shafted with this.
Actually there's probably only 1 or 2 teams that this would work against.

If the Bengals had lost the Ravens would have a chance to play for a home game/division title.

The other team would be the Steelers.....the Bills may now have no incentive to play hard week 18 if the Chiefs wrap up the 1 seed on Saturday. So New England's chances improve.

Chiefs would be big winners in this.

Back