NFC Championship: Buccaneers vs. Packers Discussion Thread

Thomas had no catches today, didn’t really pay attention to why but assume that was the game plan. Is Tom bringing belichicks coaching to tbay. Next week take Adam’s away? I like the bucs. Everyone already salivating over Green Bay vs buff/Kc. Rarely the dream match comes to fruition

Thomas had no catches today, didn’t really pay attention to why but assume that was the game plan. Is Tom bringing belichicks coaching to tbay. Next week take Adam’s away? I like the bucs. Everyone already salivating over Green Bay vs buff/Kc. Rarely the dream match comes to fruition
Ramsey couldn't take away Adams, no chance TB can

Thomas been hurt all year, never saw separation from him and noodle arm v ARod isn't really the comparison to make when breaking that matchup down

I know it's a ways away but Green Bay weather for Sunday is for highs in the upper 20's with a 45% chance of snow.

I know it's a ways away but Green Bay weather for Sunday is for highs in the upper 20's with a 45% chance of snow.
It's Brady and company. weather is far less a concern for me.

The Bucs D is this good, making 3 turnovers and outstanding field position for the offense last week (against a Saints team that usually doesn't turn the ball over that much. I think the Bucs schedule has been more difficult and being a dog provides and opportunity for a nice price.

Didn't handle the Bucs early in the season, that might have been random as the Packers got off to a great start handling 4 soft teams easily.

Good match up again great QB makes points and doesn't make game losing plays. I like the price

Bucs +165

Last edited:
Ramsey couldn't take away Adams, no chance TB can

Thomas been hurt all year, never saw separation from him and noodle arm v ARod isn't really the comparison to make when breaking that matchup down
Adams 9 catches 66 yards 1 short TD catch. looks like they didn't stop him but certainly they did a nice job not letting him lose. If not for a late 58 yard TD bomb the Rams did a nice job against the High powered GB attack in my opinion. In my opinion a team has to be able to score with the Packers and this is where Tampa is way better then the Rams. Rams short passing game and WR's are trash! To me Tampa has more WR depth and WR fire power. Its going to be close.

Jaire elite corner should stick to Evans. AB hurting, looks like soft tissue injury. We all know it’s the Ricky Proehls I mean Scottie Miller’s who show up in these games anyway.

GB scored on 6 of their 8 drives and iced the game on their 9th. They had 484 yards and 6.7 yds/play. They destroyed the Rams D.
GB was not forced into playing with any sort of desperation to score. This week there will more pressure to keep scoring. TB offense for real. It in GB and the weather might hurt. Its going to be a better game though.

Shows how much the Rams depend on Aaron Donald being healthy
Also Rams no offense. no pressure on GB to score points. Take what given or throw the ball away. The Bucs can score! GB D well just see how good they really are. GB got trashed by this team once Away now Home. Was that a fluke?

Also Rams no offense. no pressure on GB to score points. Take what given or throw the ball away. The Bucs can score! GB D well just see how good they really are. GB got trashed by this team once Away now Home. Was that a fluke?
Saints thrashed Bucs twice, I put little into it this time of year. So much has changed, wasn’t that week 6? Completely different environment.

Bucs o no doubt better than Rams but I watched Brady struggle through a lot of that game. Lattimore almost had huge pic inside the 20. I think Bucs run game will be key as that is Pack soft spot. Rodgers is playing at such an elite level it’s going to be difficult. Pack D gives me concern, can attack middle on them, boundaries more difficult

Saints thrashed Bucs twice, I put little into it this time of year. So much has changed, wasn’t that week 6? Completely different environment.

Bucs o no doubt better than Rams but I watched Brady struggle through a lot of that game. Lattimore almost had huge pic inside the 20. I think Bucs run game will be key as that is Pack soft spot. Rodgers is playing at such an elite level it’s going to be difficult. Pack D gives me concern, can attack middle on them, boundaries more difficult
I think if TB can win t.o.p. they are in a position to win this in 4th

Big if...

I feel that GB will do what SF did to them last year (only with passing). Got on GB early. I would take alt spreads on this one as well. I don’t think it’s going to be particularly close. They let Taylor Heinicke do whatever the fuck he wanted. And they stole candy from a baby yesterday. Love my Saints guys on here but Brees is done and Thomas was not fit to be out there on his routes

I feel that GB will do what SF did to them last year (only with passing). Got on GB early. I would take alt spreads on this one as well. I don’t think it’s going to be particularly close. They let Taylor Heinicke do whatever the fuck he wanted. And they stole candy from a baby yesterday. Love my Saints guys on here but Brees is done and Thomas was not fit to be out there on his routes

There's hardly any film out on Heinicke. Plenty of no-name guys shock people until they get figured out. Also, why be so selective? Tampa Bay has shut down Rodgers among other quarterbacks. Yes Brees is a shell of his former self, but TB also deserves credit for giving him his worst game of the season, lowest passer rating in any game by far and highest interception total.

It sucks to waste a good defense in these times.
Tough to go against Brady but I agree with you

It's Brady and company. weather is far less a concern for me.

The Bucs D is this good, making 3 turnovers and outstanding field position for the offense last week (against a Saints team that usually doesn't turn the ball over that much. I think the Bucs schedule has been more difficult and being a dog provides and opportunity for a nice price.

Didn't handle the Bucs early in the season, that might have been random as the Packers got off to a great start handling 4 soft teams easily.

Good match up again great QB makes points and doesn't make game losing plays. I like the price

Bucs +165

I am on Tampa but remain concerned by weather. I think when you go to a different climate, you get used to that climate and lose your acclimation to the old climate. So I don't think Brady is as resistant to the cold as Packer players or as he used to be. Plus there's the whole rest of the team to consider.

Brady Is Just Fine With Taking What The D Gives Him. If It Means Dink And Dunk, 8 Minute Drives? So Be It.
It Seems We Get To This Point Often The Last How Many Years...
"No Way Brady Pulls This Off This Time!"
Can't Stand Brady. The Tuck Rule, The Way He Dresses, His 85lb Wife...
That Being Said, If Brady Can Make Me Money, I Can Look Past All That...
And Right Now, There Is +170 Reasons Why I Like Brady...

Bucs needed at least 3 of those turnovers yesterday to win too. Can’t see the same fortune in GB

I am on Tampa but remain concerned by weather. I think when you go to a different climate, you get used to that climate and lose your acclimation to the old climate. So I don't think Brady is as resistant to the cold as Packer players or as he used to be. Plus there's the whole rest of the team to consider.
ok hope Tampa wins.

Brady Is Just Fine With Taking What The D Gives Him. If It Means Dink And Dunk, 8 Minute Drives? So Be It.
It Seems We Get To This Point Often The Last How Many Years...
"No Way Brady Pulls This Off This Time!"
Can't Stand Brady. The Tuck Rule, The Way He Dresses, His 85lb Wife...
That Being Said, If Brady Can Make Me Money, I Can Look Past All That...
And Right Now, There Is +170 Reasons Why I Like Brady...
okay I am not a Pats fan more. We all have our likes and dislikes. Brady for me looked like crap coming into the league and that highly motivated guy is here over 40. Like him or not, here he is again bothering you.

Why does everyone keep using last week‘s games as a basis for analysis. They‘ve played 17 other games, guys. Let‘s look at the whole picture.

thats 100% true. However I’ll say that at the quarter pole and halfway I didn’t even have the Bucs in the playoffs. So I’m fairly consistent on this one. I don’t think what Brady is doing is “special” and I’ve seen this defense get torched in the passing game. However they’ve earned the right to be here and I just think it’s a bad matchup. Were it a less potent offense like the Rams they’d be facing? Bucs would be a greater consideration.

The fact Tampa was gifted with 4 turnovers kind of obscures the fact that Gronkowski, Brown, Evans & Godwin were held to a combined 7 catches for 61 yards. If I would have seen that stat line prior to kickoff without knowing what else occurred during the game, I would have bet every dollar I had (& some I didn't) on the Saints.

The fact Tampa was gifted with 4 turnovers kind of obscures the fact that Gronkowski, Brown, Evans & Godwin were held to a combined 7 catches for 61 yards. If I would have seen that stat line prior to kickoff without knowing what else occurred during the game, I would have bet every dollar I had (& some I didn't) on the Saints.

So the Bucs can score 30 and pull away in a game even when all of their normally solid pass-catching weapons are off? Wow.

When the other side lets them

Let's be real, that was a Saints loss much more than a Bucs win, it was poor football where the team that didn't jack around as badly as the other won

The Bucs D had some say in those turnovers, KJ.

But also, so freaking what? It‘s one game. Let‘s talk about how reflective last week‘s turnover fest of the season-long abilities that Tampa has demonstrated in turning the ball over: they ranked second in takeaways per game!

That would be a whole lot of other teams „letting them“

The Bucs D had some say in those turnovers, KJ.

But also, so freaking what? It‘s one game. Let‘s talk about how reflective last week‘s turnover fest of the season-long abilities that Tampa has demonstrated in turning the ball over: they ranked second in takeaways per game!

That would be a whole lot of other teams „letting them“
Ironically I was gonna say it but chose not to

Those turnovers had virtually nothing to do with the Bucs defense, they were bad turnovers

They play in a division that has QBs past their primes including Teddy. They are not an imposing defense

So the Bucs can score 30 and pull away in a game even when all of their normally solid pass-catching weapons are off? Wow.
Well, 21 points directly off turnovers in New Orleans territory, so....no, not really.
That's not to say I expect a repeat in Green Bay because the Packers D isn't as stout as New Orleans, but I also wouldn't expect 4 turnovers coming from a guy with the lowest interception % in NFL history. I also don't expect Tampa to get away with only defending 20 yards of the field on passing downs & Adams to be held without a catch in the same way Thomas was. Personally, I think both championship games will be shootouts baring any really unusually bad weather & this game is more likely than not to be the higher scoring of the two.

Ironically I was gonna say it but chose not to

Those turnovers had virtually nothing to do with the Bucs defense, they were bad turnovers

They play in a division that has QBs past their primes including Teddy. They are not an imposing defense

They had a say in the turnovers. Didn't that one pick where White tip-toed the sideline involve a TB defensive back blocking the Saint wide receiver's line of vision, thus inducing the ball to launch in the air where White made that nice play on it? But again, why are we nit-picking one game lol.

Tampa Bay has been doing it all season long. What about the good teams they've played and had success against? Like Green Bay.

There is always 2 sides to a story in this case both teams are great. I just prefer the Bucs. We all have solid arguments this week. Good luck we are going to need it

Can break it down, they really played a bunch of mediocre to poor QBs this year

1/1a Rodgers/Mahomes 1 game each
2 Stafford (?) 1 game
3 Herbert first game and got carved
4 Carr I guess

The other 12 games and 2 playoff games have been QBs who are either not good or wayyyyyy past their primes

TB defense is simply not good and the top two QBs they faced at home, not sure of situations. I expect Rodgers to pick that apart whenever he chooses to. Not much one for public darlings but this is a mismatch imo.

2 Stafford (?) 1 game
4 Carr I guess

The other 12 games and 2 playoff games have been QBs who are either not good or wayyyyyy past their primes

TB defense is simply not good and the top two QBs they faced at home, not sure of situations. I expect Rodgers to pick that apart whenever he chooses to. Not much one for public darlings but this is a mismatch imo.

Where do you place Cousins?

2 Stafford (?) 1 game
4 Carr I guess

Also coudln't you say the same thing about Rodgers: he's faced a lot of mediocre pass defenses himself. It must help to face the 24th- and 31st-ranked pass defenses a total of four times.

Back