NEED HELP !! Which one of these 3 teams would you wheel to win the Western conference??? Many Thanks in advance

DOUBLEUP4LIFE

Pretty much a regular
NEED HELP

Want to wheel a western conference NHL squad with 5 teams from the east to meet in the Stanley cup finals ...I've watched about 40 seconds of non Sabres games this season...Preferably a Canadian squad as I'm hoping this is the year they finally get a team in the finals....

Want to have a team(s) to root for since my Sabres SUCK

OILERS +350 are on fire winning 16 in a row....Don't like this inflated prices at all

Canucks +650. ..statistically are playing great hockey , can they sustain it?

JETS. +550 ... are +39 goal differential, but have lost 3 In a row ....They were my initial lean

If you watch hockey , which one of these 3 should I wheel ??????

The 5 from the EAST
Bruins, Maple Laughs , Lightning, Rags, and Hurricanes ..

Many thanks in advance..

NEED HELP

Want to wheel a western conference NHL squad with 5 teams from the east to meet in the Stanley cup finals ...I've watched about 40 seconds of non Sabres games this season...Preferably a Canadian squad as I'm hoping this is the year they finally get a team in the finals....

Want to have a team(s) to root for since my Sabres SUCK

OILERS +350 are on fire winning 16 in a row....Don't like this inflated prices at all

Canucks +650. ..statistically are playing great hockey , can they sustain it?

JETS. +550 ... are +39 goal differential, but have lost 3 In a row ....They were my initial lean

If you watch hockey , which one of these 3 should I wheel ??????

The 5 from the EAST
Bruins, Maple Laughs , Lightning, Rags, and Hurricanes ..

Many thanks in advance..
Jets, Coach Rick got them playing good offence and defence.

Edmonton is a sexy goal scoring team but they don’t play the defence and their goaltending isn’t exactly the most solid in the league.

I know they’re not one of the options but I like the VGK to win the west again.

Edmonton is a sexy goal scoring team but they don’t play the defence and their goaltending isn’t exactly the most solid in the league.

As a SABRES fan I can't stomach to put another penny on Eichel lol ...
Have a ton of autograph Eichel stuff that would likely climb with another cup thou ..

I'm just kidding , here to make money, betting with your heart is a horrible idea.

Vegas does make sense.
Appreciate your input ..

What about the Canucks ???

Pound for pound, Vegas has the best playoff roster and coach in the west. Other things have to fall their way, and avoid injuries but Cassidy's ability to adapt to each match up is probably the best in the league.

Have a ton of autograph Eichel stuff that would likely climb with another cup thou ..

I'm just kidding , here to make money, betting with your heart is a horrible idea.

Vegas does make sense.
Appreciate your input ..

Canucks roster is going to have to learn to lose first before they start winning when it matters IMO.

If you like advanced metrics, Kings, Oilers and Stars are top notch teams.
But, Kings just fired their coach, really tough to gauge them going forward.
Oilers are just playing great right now, so to me, the price is too low to back them going forward.

Stars are a solid club top to bottom so they'd be in my top 4

Avs and Vegas are top 2. McKinnon is pretty much an unstoppable force and Makar is a generational talent. They get some contributions from their bottom 6 and they'll be a tough out. Vegas just been decimated with injuries, but they obviously have the talent to win it all again so long as they get back healthy.

Canucks would be the last team I'd back in the west. Seems like they are going for it with the addition of Lindholm. Petterson best player hardly anyone ever talks about, Miller one of the best 5v5 players in the league, very solid defense and Thatcher certainly good enough to make a deep run.

Oilers are just playing great right now, so to me, the price is too low to back them going forward.

Avs and Vegas are top 2. McKinnon is pretty much an unstoppable force and Makar is a generational talent. They get some contributions from their bottom 6 and they'll be a tough out. Vegas just been decimated with injuries, but they obviously have the talent to win it all again so long as they get back healthy.

Canucks would be the last team I'd back in the west. Seems like they are going for it with the addition of Lindholm. Petterson best player hardly anyone ever talks about, Miller one of the best 5v5 players in the league, very solid defense and Thatcher certainly good enough to make a deep run.
Good stuff

Skinner is a bit better than I think you're giving him credit. He absolutely had a slow/horrible start. Since then, he's been one of the best, if not the best in the league.

Vegas does make sense.
Appreciate your input ..

Eichel wasn't the problem here in Buffalo. Not even close. Everyone who can be honest knows this. (I'm not saying you're saying he was either, just making a general statement)

I have Kings and Stars futures so no need worrying about them. I still think it runs thru Colo and Vegas.

But as far as your 3, I like the Jets best.

Are any books offering a prop bet on Cup winner being Canadian? I'd be interested to see what price that would be.

Pound for pound, Vegas has the best playoff roster and coach in the west. Other things have to fall their way, and avoid injuries but Cassidy's ability to adapt to each match up is probably the best in the league.

Appreciate your insight ..Used to watch a ton of hockey up until about 10 years ago ..Now it's just Sabres games here and there , painful..

Thank you so much for your insight..

Unfortunately I jumped on the Nucks in wheels, also bet Jets vs BRUINS

Eichel wasn't the problem here in Buffalo. Not even close. Everyone who can be honest knows this. (I'm not saying you're saying he was either, just making a general statement)

He definitely was not...So many real issues with the teams he was stuck on ..

Some of the local media threw him under the bus for their own personal assumptions.....Dude came to a kid's birthday party I was at and signed like 400 autographs ,and hung out with 50 brats for like 3 hours lol.

I have Kings and Stars futures so no need worrying about them. I still think it runs thru Colo and Vegas.

But as far as your 3, I like the Jets best.

Are any books offering a prop bet on Cup winner being Canadian? I'd be interested to see what price that would be.

I'll have to look for that Canadian prop , have a local who takes almost any action. That you ask for ...

I'm intrigued by those teams you're holding ..Just wanted to stick to Canadian teams from the west ..I'm just donating lol

Best of luck Brother on your futures .

Preseason I took 3 WC futures to have some skin in the game

Sea 28-1 ugh
LAK 18-1 eh
Dal 14-1 not too shab

Appreciate your insight ..Used to watch a ton of hockey up until about 10 years ago ..Now it's just Sabres games here and there , painful..
Happen to like a ton of players on that team. I’m not sure if Granato is the problem or not, but the Sabres routinely look out of sorts and at times hard for me to pick out an identity. It also really annoys me when he puts Okposo on the top line. Tage, Cozens, Mittelstadt, Dahlin, Peterka, Skinner, Tuch.. love watching all of them.

He definitely was not...So many real issues with the teams he was stuck on ..

Some of the local media threw him under the bus for their own personal assumptions.....Dude came to a kid's birthday party I was at and signed like 400 autographs ,and hung out with 50 brats for like 3 hours lol.

The local perception (which you know) is that Eichel was the issue. Which is fucking bananas. They disagreed on how to proceed with his shoulder injury, and the Sabres were 100% in the wrong during that debacle. Pegula is an absolute joke of an owner, and is THE example of what happens if/when a fan gets wealthy enough to own an NHl franchise. Nothing has gotten better since he became owner, and one could easily argue that it's gotten much worse and he needs to sell the team as soon as possible.

For Connor McDavid's sake, thank fucking Zeus that the Sabres didn't win that draft lottery and end up with him. No matter how bad it's been in Edmonton, it would have been exponentially worse for his career had the Sabres drafted him.

Added NHL STANLEY CUP FUTURES

CANUCKS vs
CANES +4400. $181.82/$8000
BRUINS +3650. $219.20/$8,000
LIGHTNING +8150. $98.18/$8001
MAPLE LAUGHS +5525. $144.80/$8000
RANGERS +4775. $104.72/$5,000
RANGERS+4500 $56/2520

JETS vs BRUINS +3150
$158.73/$5000

Last edited:
The local perception (which you know) is that Eichel was the issue. Which is fucking bananas. They disagreed on how to proceed with his shoulder injury, and the Sabres were 100% in the wrong during that debacle. Pegula is an absolute joke of an owner, and is THE example of what happens if/when a fan gets wealthy enough to own an NHl franchise. Nothing has gotten better since he became owner, and one could easily argue that it's gotten much worse and he needs to sell the team as soon as possible.

For Connor McDavid's sake, thank fucking Zeus that the Sabres didn't win that draft lottery and end up with him. No matter how bad it's been in Edmonton, it would have been exponentially worse for his career had the Sabres drafted him.

Agree with almost everything there...Unfortunately there is no one here with enough dough to keep the Sabres here ...

He's trying but clearly failing ...My job has 6 Sabres tickets for every game , they've gone unused about half the time this season ...Pathetic ...

Degenerate Puck action
Wednesday & Thursday night

All to win in regulation

Jets +100. $75
Maple Laughs +120. $60
Canucks +175. $40

Last edited:
Agree with almost everything there...Unfortunately there is no one here with enough dough to keep the Sabres here ...

He's trying but clearly failing ...My job has 6 Sabres tickets for every game , they've gone unused about half the time this season ...Pathetic ...

Is he really trying though? No free agents want to come here to Buffalo…because of how ex-players have let them know what it’s like to play for the organization.

They also had the multiple issues with workplace hostility, sexual harassment, etc that the Athletic did a huge story about a few years ago. Lots of people lost their jobs, many others quit. The whole organization is a clusterfuck and basically has been since the super fan bought the team.

Now that's interesting.

Fun bet to make.

It's been 30 years now since the last Canadian team won the Cup (1993 Montreal Candiens). 29 Cups have been won in that time as the 2005 lockout season didn't have a winner. That's CRAZY to think about. Baseball and basketball have both seen a Canadian team win since 1993, and there are WAY less Canadian teams in each league. And by way less, I mean there's only ONE team in each of those sports in Canada. (the Grizzlies and Expos were around since 1993 but only one team each now)

Fun bet for sure, and this year is as good as any to take a flyer on it.

So many finals losses as well

Since 93

Canucks twice
Flames once
Oilers once
Habs once
Sens once

Canucks, flames, and Oilers were all game 7 losses too

I do think it's a good year for a Canadian team, especially in the west, those odds arent terrible

Canucks are 12 points up now on vegas, vegas 3 games in hand but with injuries I think they are more of a threat in playoffs than to catch Vancouver, imo their goal right now is to make sure they finish ahead of Edmonton and get home ice, that looks like it's going to be the 2/3 matchup in Pacific division, which I can't wait for, legitimately could be a scf level series.

Canucks look very strong, center depth with petterson, miller, and lindholm is so deep. The 3st line of garland, blueger, and Joshua is an absolute 5 on 5 monster and has allowed them to experiment loading up with lindholm on both miller and Pettersons lines.

defense is very strong with hughes a heavy Norris favorite, hronek has been incredible, good depth. They may need to add another d man at deadline, Rutherford loves to trade, if they can find a way to get tanev out of cslgary they would, kinda think he ends up in toronto

Edmonton ever since the slow start are just a monster, like jedi said, skinner has been great since the bad start. They also definitely are looking to add, was a ton of smoke they were favorites for guentzel, he got hurt yesterday so that may effect things. Their defense has really stepped up too, Bouchard and ekholm are legit top pairing guys, nurse is a top 4 guy

Jets are being carried by Hellebyueck imo, their offense worries me a bit. They have 50 less goals than vancouver, Colorado, and dallas, almost 30 less than the oilers. Potential round 1 matchup with avs is kind of a bad matchup, but if Hellebyueck stays hot, he hasnt allowed more than 3 goals in forever, they have a good chance.

Toronto needs to make a move and add a defenceman for sure, their goaltending is a potential issue. Matthews is the best goal scorer in the world though and it's not close. He just had his 5th hat trick yesterday. If they can get someone like tanev, and if bertuzzi can regain the form he had last year, definitely a scary team, as much top end talent as anyone, but need a trade more than anyone above

My top 5 if I was picking something like a power ranking as cup favorites now would be

Florida
Colorado
Vancouver
Boston
Edmonton

Carolina, if they moved for a goalie, some rumors they are after saros out of nashville, they would jump up to 3rd for me

Fully healthy Vegas would basically be a virtual tie with Edmonton, like I said above, that round 1 series is looking so likely and I cant wait

New jersey is a scary team people arent thinking about, they are kind of like carolina in that if they got a goalie would move way up the list. Their injuries have been really unlucky, jack hughes is incredible.

My current SC power rankings

Colorado
Rangers
Stars
Vegas
Florida

Edmonton and Toronto are frauds, yeah I said it. Let me see them run the gauntlet in an NHL playoff run. Love Matthews as a scorer, but he's really a bitch. McDavid is phenomenal, but he's the M'Bappe of the NHL - never going to win the big one unless he gets traded out of Edmonton.

Can't believe we are discounting the Rangers and Stars here. Both of these teams are great both in forward depth, defensive depth and gk. They are the kind of grinding teams that win series. Plus, Rangers probably just got a little better yesterday with Wheeler going down. He's been a massive black hole of production all year long. Sucks that Chytil is done for the year, but their young guys are really coming on.

Vegas just got Theordore back and should get most of the rest of their team fully healthy come playoff time. That's another team that has plenty of depth all throughout the roster, made for deep playoff runs.

Just missing the cut, but I certainly can see them making a cup bid would definitely be Carolina and Vancouver. Canes own teams 5v5, but can be susceptible on pp and I just don't trust their goalie situation. Vancouver obviously light out this year , but color me skeptical. Could be this years Bruins and out in first round.

And yeah Devils are going to be good, but this year they'll be lucky to make the playoffs - bottom of the Eastern conference is absolutely brutal as they'll need to jump over the likes of the Pens, and Leafs or Wings while holding off the Islanders who are another strong team. And IF the Devils make the playoffs, going 4 road playoff matchups to win the cup, well more power to them if they can pull that off. I'll tip my cap to them for sure.

My current SC power rankings

Colorado
Rangers
Stars
Vegas
Florida
Updated SC Power Rankings
Colorado
Vegas
Panthers
Rangers
Canes

Colorado just seems like the best all around team to me and got a touch better at trade deadline. IF they can get home ice advantage they should sail into the SC finals.
Vegas second best team and got better with adding Hanafin. They are good enough defensively for sure, I just don't know if I can rely on that offense to push through. Stoner getting conveniently injured helped and see what the Lightning did with Kucherov a few years back - could certainly lead to a deep playoff run as well, but they need to chew up some ground in the standings because nfw they going to win three road playoff series.
Even though the west has in my mind the two strongest teams, I still think the east is going to win the cup.
Panthers really rounding into form here, play a great two-way game. I liked them 2 months ago and had to bump them up a slot. Hoping the Rangers can avoid them until the division finals.
Rangers still a very very good team. Need to get better 5v5 on their top line, but their 2nd and 3rd lines are fantastic 5v5, their 4th line does a lot of thumping and doesn't make stupid mistakes, and their PP and PK are both top 5 in the league (or thereabouts). Igor playing far and away his best hockey of the year. Just did a small tweak at the deadline, I don't see any more moves and frankly don't want to see any more. This team can get it done.
Hurricanes made a strong move for Guentzel and that will help as this is another team a bit challenged for secondary scoring. But they are the best 5v5 team in the league and really good on the pk and pp as well. if they had a better gk, honestly, they'd be #1 team in the entire league.
Still don't believe in Leafs, Oilers or Bruins at all.
Vancouver and Stars both really good, but will be tough sledding against the Avs and Knights.

Futures Parlays
Love spreading small money around on these lottery tickets, as they provide lots of actions with very little risk ..

HOUSTON to win NCAAB Championship wheeled with

+66753. $12/$8022
RANGERS to win Eastern C
STARS to win Western C
CELTICS to win Eastern C

+72830. $11/$8022
RANGERS
CANUCKS
CELTICS

+91063. $8.80/$8,022
RANGERS
JETS