NBAX 2016

hugh613

Pretty much a regular
NBAX 2013: 27-18-1, +5.50
NBAX 2014: 10-5, +4.50
NBAX 2015: 32-19-1, +15.85

Hola bitches. Just about time for another season of hard to read fonts and annoying music videos but, until then, we have the preseason to contend with. Early still, but I've already done a bit of the legwork, so here goes...

Using the preseason schedule available over at the Real GM website, I decided to make an Excel Worksheet with all the games listed (yes, even my personal documents are hard to read... smart asses.) In it, you'll find the full schedule broken down day by day, as well as team by team. I also provided each individual team's days rest heading into their respective matches. I was going to make the worksheet a little more elaborate like I do with the regular season (ie. regular stats, ATS stats, etc...) but, for one reason or another, it always seems to be a steep learning curve when I get into using Excel again, so... Also, as much as I tried to avoid it, I can't guarantee 100% that I didn't make a mistake or two along the way (formula error, accidental deletion, etc...), so I'd encourage you to double check things along the way.

Anyways, here's a brief summary of the NBA preseason schedule:

Most away games: Denver (6)
Most home games (not incl. neutral site): Orlando (4)
Most home games (incl. neutral site): L.A. Lakers (8)
Most games overall: Denver, L.A. Lakers, Miami (8)
Teams travelling overseas: Houston, New Orleans, Oklahoma City

And while there are bound to be enviable 'spots' here and there as the preseason rolls along (namely 'star' players sitting out), here are a few of the most 'extreme' scheduling spots I found:

• Wednesday October 12 San Antonio vs. Orlando: Spurs with 1 day rest + travel from Detroit, Magic with 6 days rest
  • Thursday October 13 Toronto vs. Cleveland: Raptors with 7 days rest (but play in Toronto the next night), Cavaliers with 2 days rest and play in Chicago the next night
  • Friday October 14 Cleveland vs. Chicago: Cavs on B2B + travel from Cleveland, Bulls with 5 days rest (but play in Milwaukee the next night)
  • Friday October 14 Golden State vs. Denver: potential BAR 'Super Situation' as Warriors with 7 days rest (but play in Las Vegas the next night), Nuggets with 1 day rest + travel from Minneapolis (also 4 straight road games to start the preseason, home for one game vs. Warriors, then back on the road to Portland on Sunday for two additional road games)
  • Saturday October 15 Memphis vs. Houston: Grizzlies with 1 day rest, Rockets with 2 days rest (but first game back since returning from China)
  • Monday October 17 Charlotte vs. Chicago: Hornets with 6 days rest, Bulls with 1 day rest + 3rd game in 4 nights
  • Friday October 21 Philadelphia vs. Miami: Sixers with 5 days rest + final game of preseason, Heat on B2B, 3rd in 4, and final game of preseason
  • Friday October 21 Houston vs. San Antonio: Rockets with 1 day rest + final game of preseason, Spurs with 6 days rest + final game of preseason
  • Friday October 21 Phoenix vs. L.A. Lakers: Suns with 6 days rest + final game of preseason, Lakers with 1 day rest + final game of preseason (neutral site game in Anaheim)
Keep in mind, these 'spots' aren't like during the regular season where players might be held out and/or limited in minutes (that Warrior game on the 14th might be solid in December, but in October with a league showcase the next night in Vegas, who knows...) Just thought I'd point them out.

Anyways, feel free to use this thread to post thoughts, status updates, injury updates, etc... throughout the preseason. See you in a few weeks.

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Thanks nba. Haven't really had a chance to fully study teams yet, but it's almost a guarantee I'll be blind betting Houston overs for the first few weeks (D'Antoni probably already told Harden it's alright if he just hangs around the opposition basket while the rest of the team is back on 'defense')

smileys-beer-129300.gif

YTD: 0-0, +/-0.00

Saturday:

10/1/2016 8:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 503 Dallas Mavericks/New Orleans Pelicans* Under 195½ -110

*First bet of the preseason, and what better way to start than to go with the prop that got me into all loads of trouble last season - the under. Anyways, both teams have made defense the priority during training camp, so let's see how well it translates to game action.

For the Mavs, Rick Carlisle's already gone on record saying the veterans will be limited during the preseason, so don't expect to see much of the established scorers like Dirk Nowitski, Andrew Bogut and Wesley Matthews in the 2H. And we all saw how the defense first mentality at the tail end of last season managed to propel them into the playoffs, so hopefully it carries into the preseason as well.

As for the Pelicans, well, it's hard to be overly confident in the defensive abilities of a team that gave up over 120 points a game their last three games last year but, at the same time, changes are brewing in the Big Easy. Four of their top five scorers from last season will be MIA in this one (Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson have both gone off to Houston, Tyreke Evans is still out with a knee injury, and Jrue Holiday is on indefinite leave) and in their place are three players known more for their defense than their offense (Solomon Hill, E'Twaun Moore and Langston Galloway).

In any event, three of the four matchups last season finished under the number, and all four of those games took place before Dallas' transformation (and while the Pelicans were just as brutal on the defensive end as they were all season), so hopefully we get ourselves a lacklustre effort to kick off the preseason.

NOTE: This game pretty much illustrates the need to bet preseason lines early as the number's dropped down from 201 at the open (of course, I'm sure that won't stop CTG's resident fraud MrPrimeTime22 from ALWAYS managing to post the best line possible like he did all last preseason. Dude must have a crystal ball or something. That or something else...) Oh, the joys of trying to balance a work/social life and betting exhibition basketball...

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Anything look enticing Monday?

im so out of the loop
Not too sure. Dropped my laptop the other night and busted the power cable, so I'm pretty much blind for the next few days (and it's way too much of a pain to research on the phone). I believe Portland was the only game I was really taking a close look at (believe they went 5-1 SU vs the Jazz last year. Plus I read an article about all the team building exercises they were holding before camp opened.)

Probably will play it - just won't be able to post up until around 9 PM (hopefully the line doesn't get awry from me again (although a lot of good that did me the other night.)

YTD: 0-1, -1.10

Monday:

10/3/2016 8:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 705 Charlotte Hornets* Under 97 -110 vs Dallas Mavericks
10/3/2016 10:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 712 Portland Trail Blazers* -2½ -110 vs Utah Jazz

*Despite going way over the number, Saturday night's game against the Pelicans was actually played at a fairly moderate pace - the Mavs just let them shoot almost 50% from 3. Expect the defensive intensity to go up a bit at home. As for the Blazers, they were 5-1 SU against the Jazz last season, so not expecting any different tonight (although the fact the line skipped from 3.5 to 2.5 while I was putting my bet through has me wondering now).

Let's hope for the best.

:beer4:

YTD: 2-1, +0.90

Tuesday:

10/4/2016 8:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 508 Houston Rockets* -3 -110 vs New York Knicks
10/4/2016 8:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 508 Houston Rockets* Over 102½ -110 vs New York Knicks
10/4/2016 10:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 509 Sacramento Kings* +1½ -110 vs Los Angeles Lakers

*Nice night last night, let's see what happens tonight... Think Rockets overs should be good value until the books start adjusting their numbers. Lord knows they won't be playing any defense, but with neither Melo or D-Rose likely to see major minutes in the preseason opener (that's just me speculating - nothing official), might be a major ask to expect the Knicks bench to keep pace.

As for the Kings, should be a walk in the park against the Lakers. And with the addition of even more scoring punch this season with the likes of Arron Afflalo and Ty Lawson, shouldn't be any letup when the 2nd unit takes the floor. Will take the Kings team total as well if/when it gets lined at 5Dimes.

YTD: 4-2, +1.80

Wednesday

10/5/2016 10:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 706 Los Angeles Clippers* +1 -115 vs Toronto Raptors

*Kind of pointless to bet this line, but you take what you can get...

Anyways, not sure how I feel about backing a team that only scored 75 points last night but, at the same time, I think this is the right call for a few reasons.

a) With the exception of DeAndre Jordan, Clippers starters played limited minutes, so not expecting that to happen 2 nights in a row, especially with this being their first game at home, b) despite this only being Day 5 of the preseason, this is already game number 3 for the Raptors, and a trip that's seen them fly from Toronto, to Calgary, to Los Angeles in the space of 4 days. That's a lot of travel in the regular season, never mind the first week of X, and c) not sure how much longer Dwayne Casey plans on keeping with this rotation pattern, but if you look at the box scores from their first 2 games, seems like he's more interested in having open try outs for the bench, as opposed to wearing down the starters (sort of makes sense given Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan spent their entire summer with Team USA in the lead up to the Rio Games).

Not much interest in the other two games, although Orlando plus the points (doubt anyone at the Q would even bat an eye if the Cavs lost by 20 in what's essentially their coronation match) and maybe the Suns (think the Jazz take a step back this season). We'll see how bored I feel closer to tip off... : )

:beer4: Thanks nba.

Adding:

10/5/2016 10:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 703 Utah Jazz/Phoenix Suns* Under 196 -110
10/5/2016 10:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 704 Phoenix Suns* Under 96 -110 vs Utah Jazz

*Well, what usually happens when I tack on bets is that they blow up in my face in rather spectacular fashion, so like my gal Taylor Swift once sang: "Don't say I didn't warn you..."

Anyways, the under was 4-1 between the two last season, and is 6-1 the last 7 meetings; in fact, the Suns failed to break the 90 point barrier in 4 of the 5 games last season.

Now, admittedly, what happens during the preseason really has nothing to do with the regular season (what happens during the regular season sometimes has nothing to do with the regular season), but sometimes matchup problems translate no matter when the game is played, so hopefully that holds true tonight.

One other note, it would appear the Suns had all sorts of issues trying to make a go of it with their new 'motion offense' the other night against the Spurs (38% from the field and 28 turnovers would tend to agree), and don't see why it would get any better against a Jazz side that's dominated them on the defensive end the past year and a half. Also, these new fangled offensive schemes usually require guys with (abnormally) high basketball IQ's to make them work - not sure either Eric Bledsoe or Brandon Knight fall into that category.

Anyways, just looking ahead a bit to tomorrow night, the ATL/MEM under might be our first 2 unit candidate of the preseason (well, let's make sure I don't go 0-3 tonight first...), while the Pistons and Kings/Warriors over are other obvious candidates.

Should be fast asleep by the time the games tip off tonight, so hopefully wake up to some good news in the morning (not like this morning when I saw the Kings blew their 13 point HT lead - mid season form already...)

YTD: 5-4, +0.60

Thursday:

10/6/2016 7:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 505 Detroit Pistons* -4½ -120 vs Brooklyn Nets
10/6/2016 8:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 509 Atlanta Hawks/Memphis Grizzlies* Under 196 -120
10/6/2016 10:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 511 Golden State Warriors/Sacramento Kings* Over 213½ -120

*I don't know, you'd think when a team only shoots 38% from the field, at least one of your under bets would cash... Also, I got a kick out of someone copying and pasting my Clippers write up over at Covers, LOL. No worries, although technically I think I'm supposed to get some royalties for that (I'll get in touch with my old pal wallstreetcappers and see if I can at least get a Covers hat or hoodie for that...)

As for tonight, not much time for write ups (and, quite frankly, after reading the twenty page dissertations I wrote yesterday, should probably tone it down a bit - write ups are great when they come through, not so great when you make it sound good and end up talking people into tailing you on a losing wager or two), so just some quick thoughts...

Reggie Jackson out for the Pistons, but SVG talking about giving the starters some decent minutes, so don't think they should have too many problems with the Nets (when you have to resort to having guys like Anthony Bennett and Randy Foye in camp, usually not a good sign for the upcoming season...) Paul Millsap's out for the Hawks, and with Al Horford and Jeff Teague gone, not sure where the offence is going to come from this season (never mind tonight). As for Kings/Warriors, no clue about lineups, but no point in taking the under, so...

Last edited:
Thanks nba. Not sure what time I'll get around to posting tomorrow, but I'll be on the Blazers game one way or the other (either Portland minus the points or the Suns team total under - shooting 38% in each of their first two games tends to beg for action on the other side.)

Also, not sure why I keep insisting on adding these additional games to my initial bets, but it's going to have to stop at some point, especially if the Pistons can't pull away from the Nets JV squad in the 4th...

YTD: 7-6, +0.20

Saturday:

10/8/2016 8:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 507 Indiana Pacers/Chicago Bulls* Under 202½ -120
10/8/2016 8:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 509 Minnesota Timberwolves* pk -120 vs Miami Heat
10/8/2016 8:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 513 Atlanta Hawks/San Antonio Spurs* Under 189½ -120

*Think I'm done with PHX after last night - no read on this team whatsoever...

Anyways, just meandering along this first week of the preseason. As for tonight, CHI/IND played to a high scoring affair on Thursday, but think that should change for a few reasons: a) no Paul George for Indiana tonight, b) Chicago managed a lot of points in the paint (as evidenced by the high score yet lack of three pointers made), but that should change with Myles Turner expected to be in the lineup tonight and c) this is just me speculating, but Fred Hoiberg's already given Dwayne Wade and Rajon Rondo decent minutes through their first two games, so won't be surprised to see one or the other held out tonight (although, that still leaves Jimmy Butler to contend with, unfortunately...)

MIN/MIA more of a 'feel' call than anything else, but don't think you can put too much stock in the Heat managing to beat the Wizards sans John Wall. I'm sure Eric Spoelstra will have them prepped to grind out some wins this season, but still think the post Dwayne Wade/Chris Bosh era is going to be a laborious one. On the flip side, think the T-Wolves are finally ready to take that next step under Tom Thibodeau (especially if what I've read is accurate that the PG position is Kris Dunn's job to lose). Karl Anthony Towns should be able to limit Hassan Whiteside in the paint tonight, so looking for MIN to start their preseason right with a win in Kansas City.

As for Hawks/Spurs, no Paul Milsap for ATL again tonight (although that didn't seem to matter much against MEM), and Hawks expected to follow same rotation as the other night (starters 1H, scrubs 2H). Spurs, who knows with Popovich, but pretty obvious he could care less about preseason (just look at the "Who the hell is that?" box score from the other night). If he follows the same rotation as the Hawks (and why wouldn't he - who do you think Budenholzer learnt that from?), should be smooth sailing if we can survive the 1H relatively unscathed.

And two other things: a) Pelicans/Rockets tip off at 7:30 AM in China, so I'll be on that provided it gets lined at 5Dimes and b) speaking of 5Dimes, what's with the early morning 20 cent pricing? Gonna have to start booking wherever PrimeTime places his fake bets where he always gets the best possible line at the best possible price (such a shame no one here can read Decimal pricing, otherwise you'd see how full of shit this guy is..)

rockets tt over in shanghai?
Yes... : ) Never got a chance to bet it last night, and woke up too late this morning - the joys of trying to balance a social life with betting preseason basketball. On the Lakers tonight - I'll post up in a few minutes.

YTD: 8-8, -1.20

Sunday:

10/9/2016 9:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 704 Los Angeles Lakers* -3½ -110 vs Denver Nuggets

*Meh, not really feeling it to start the preseason...

As for tonight, always hate to go with the "They should have won that game.." angle but, seriously, the Lakers should have won that game against the Nuggets the other night.

Eight point lead heading into the 4th, and Luke Walton decides to empty the bench, leading to a -12 quarter and a 4 point loss to a team that was never in that game. Don't think that happens two games in a row (provided they're in that position again, hopefully...) because, at some point, a young team like the Lakers needs to learn how to close out games like that.

As for the Nuggets, probably should be 0-2 right now (Raptors emptied the bench as well) although, the same could be said about the Lakers given their own comeback against the Kings.

Emmanuel Mudiay has been terrible through their first two games, and that's not great news for a team that's not exactly loaded with guys who can create their own shots. The Jusuf Nurkic/Nikolai Jokic pairing up front is an interesting one, but odds are they'll have trouble on defense against athletic rosters like the Lakers (D'Angelo Russell and Jordan Clarkson had their way on offence in the 1H). Plus, after playing the starters major minutes in their first two games, hopefully tonight's the night Mike Malone lets that atrocious looking bench finish one out (Robbie Hummel? Ha ha...)

YTD: 9-8, -0.20

Monday:

10/10/2016 7:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 502 Charlotte Hornets* -2½ -120 vs Minnesota Timberwolves
10/10/2016 7:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 507 San Antonio Spurs/Detroit Pistons* Under 196½ -120
10/10/2016 10:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 509 Utah Jazz/Los Angeles Clippers* Under 196½ -110

*Think I'll have to retract my earlier statement about the T-Wolves, because if that defensive effort against the Heat on Saturday is indicative of their 'progress' under Tom Thibodeau, it's going to be a long season.

With that said, think this is a good spot for a Hornets side that's struggled to put up points their first two games of the preseason, as going up against a defense they've smashed the last few times out in the regular season (5-0 SU, 4-1 ATS, 104+ PF in all 5 games) tends to do wonders for your confidence. The loss of Al Jefferson and Jeremy Lin has been fairly obvious but, at the same time, Steve Clifford's yet to play both Nic Batum and Kemba Walker in the same game. That should change tonight, as should the Hornets fortunes on offense.

Spurs/Pistons depends on the whims of Gregg Popovich, per usual, but won't be surprised to see him deploy the bench on the road. As for Detroit, think they'll be muddled on offense for a bit until Reggie Jackson returns (could be mid November from the sounds of it), plus SVG went off on the defensive effort against the Nets, so think this has the makings of a low scoring affair.

Also taking the Jazz under, as their offense is going to be equally hamstrung by the loss of Gordon Hayward (upwards of a month with a broken finger). Expecting them to retreat to a more grind out style with the loss of their top scorer and best perimeter defender.

And just a quick note on the Nuggets, really have no clue what Michael Malone is doing playing his starters so many minutes these first two games, but think Denver should be fade worthy as the preseason goes along (either they'll get super worn out, or the bench is going to start logging major minutes pretty soon).

Anyways, will also add the Hornets team total once it becomes available.

Adding:

10/10/2016 7:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 506 Atlanta Hawks* -6½ -120 vs Cleveland Cavaliers

*Always get burnt in these situations but, per Rotoworld, the Cavs left the entire starting five at home (LBJ, Kyrie, Love, Shumpert and Thompson). Probably beat the Hawks by 10+ anyways, LOL.

Also like the Un on the Utah/Clip game. FYI Favors out again same thing left knee. Line to 197 and Utah TT 95.5
Good Luck hugh, also was on the Lake Show last night. Had that feeling Russell was going to go off against Denver. Lakers shown no interior defense from the little I watched last night.

Thanks Paulie - good to see you around. And just as an FYI, if you lost your original log in information (as I suspect you did), you could probably just ask one of the mods like Fondy to reset your password for you.

Good luck to us tonight.

Always great to see you.

Thanks, Appreciate the information because you suspect right. It's all good now. I like your number and reasoning on the Hornets game but the number has gotten away from me and it continues to move against me.

I did play the Under in the Jazz game and have to feel even though it's 5 days since the Clippers last game Rivers played the starters lots of minutes 138 to be exact and I think he pulls back some.

Utah should play at a slower pace with Last year's #30 in processions per game which shouldn't change much this year. also taking into account they're not a very good FT shooting team in the first two games anyway and 74% last year which also doesn't appear to be changing. But once again it's only two games.Plus two parts are missing. Reading Snyder will be trying lots of different rotations (Really didn't have to read to know that)

The best of luck to you. Great reading your stuff you do have a talent.

Ah I see the 3 posts now. For some reason they didn't recognize my email address so I registered with a different email but the same name which surprised me that it didn't say name being used. I figured they dumped me lol Hey been dumped before and from the opposite sex can you believe it.

Edit: Get that music going it's the first thing I listen to.

Thanks Paulie. Here's your original login, if you felt like giving it another go:

http://www.cappingthegame.com/forum/member.php?7445-Paulie-The-Vig

Still waiting on 5Dimes to release team totals on the Charlotte and Atlanta matches, but doesn't look like it's going to happen. And just a look ahead to tomorrow, Brook Lopez already ruled out for the Nets, so should be a good spot for the Heat. Same goes for Memphis with all of the Sixers assorted injuries. First game back for OKC from Spain, but that Mavs team inspires zero confidence in me. And Blazers team total over is pretty much a given.

Good luck!

Sorry about the hook but 3-1 Nice!! Fondy is going to merge the two accounts. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
YTD: 12-9, +1.60

Tuesday:

10/11/2016 7:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 701 Brooklyn Nets* Under 97½ -110 vs Miami Heat
10/11/2016 10:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 707 Portland Trail Blazers* -2½ -115 vs Los Angeles Lakers
10/11/2016 10:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 707 Portland Trail Blazers* Over 106½ -110 vs Los Angeles Lakers

*Stat time... Blazers are 8-0 SU their last 8 against the Lakers, 6-0 ATS their last 6 against the Lakers overall, 6-0 ATS their last 6 at Staples Center, have scored 100+ in 9 of their last 10 against the Lakers, and 106+ in 5 of their last 6, and 8 of their last 10 against the Lakers

Now, I know what you're saying: what does this have to do with the preseason? Well, nothing, usually, but Terry Stotts has already said he's probably going to shorten his bench for this one; in other words, the lineup and rotations should be fairly similar to the ones that managed to put up those numbers against the Lakers during the regular season.

Now, mind you, things could get complicated if D'Angelo Russell continues his hot start to the preseason but, at the same time, Luke Walton doesn't seem overly concerned with wins and losses during the preseason (the win over the Kings was due, thanks in large part, to Sacramento sitting their starters in the 2H; took the foot off the pedal in the loss to the Nuggets by emptying the bench in the 4th; and was aided by Denver not being able to hit a thing down the stretch in their win on Sunday)

Hopefully wake up to a big win by the Blazers...

As for the Nets, more of a personal opinion (which is never good), but this offense isn't good enough to keep putting up the kind of points it has through its first two games (less than 80 shots per game, but aided by 40% from 3 against the Pistons, and 40+ FTA against the Knicks). Think this total's over priced by at least 3 points, so we'll see.

Last edited:
good luck tonight bud. I'm leaning to Portland as well. Any thoughts on Memphis? I haven't been able to find much on their rotation for tonight

Thanks Duckie.

For Memphis, Chandler Parsons out, Tony Allen out, and Mike Conley questionable. And for those who haven't been paying attention, Zach Randolph will be coming off the bench this season - part of new coach David Fizdale's plan to push the pace and spread the floor; in other words, be like every other team in the 'new' NBA. Of course, Dave Joerger tried the same thing when he got hired, and the players revolted, so we'll see how long it lasts

And as far as finding info, best resources are Rotoworld, the individual SB Nation and Fansided blogs, and the local beat reporters.

Good luck.

GL with all the X bets hugh, if not for your thread I'd have had no idea it started up so early, always thought it was only a couple weeks before the season started max

Thanks kj. Yeah, it does make for a long preseason but, at the same time, it seems like only yesterday tipyerbartender was running naked through the streets of Cleveland, so who's to say...

Still, be nice when the regular season starts and it's more than just me posting in the NBA forum.

Good luck on the soccer action tonight.

Good luck hugh, played Portland -4 -105 early and Over 106 so will ride together on those two. I read some interesting stuff about Portland on ESPN.com Agree with Rotoworld and SB Nation also like NBA Injury report.

Looks like San Antonio is using their regular starting lineup tonight, BUT as you pointed out earlier today is a very interesting preseason scheduling spot for them. Any news on whether or not Pops is going to sit them early? That guy lol, he's gotta be one of the most random at times, in terms of suddenly deciding "ahh..tonight...this guy is limited." Vogel supposed to have his pregame press conference about an hour and a half before tipoff according to NBA game notes.

Correction to my post earlier about the Spurs. Rotoworld now reporting that Leonard, Lee, and Parker will not play tonight. Pau not in starting lineup at the moment either.

Yeah, it does make for a long preseason but, at the same time, it seems like only yesterday tipyerbartender was running naked through the streets of Cleveland, so who's to say...

I believe he's still in the process of running back to Cleveland from Boston

Get that music going it's the first thing I listen to.
YTD: 14-10, +2.50

Wednesday:

<iframe width="480" height="320" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K7l5ZeVVoCA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

10/12/2016 7:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 504 Orlando Magic* +4½ -120 vs San Antonio Spurs
10/12/2016 8:06 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 508 Minnesota Timberwolves* -3½ -120 vs Denver Nuggets
10/12/2016 8:06 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 508 Minnesota Timberwolves* Over 106½ -110 vs Denver Nuggets

*Don't imagine tip looks anything remotely like that naked. Not that I was imagining anything...

Anyways, probably shouldn't complain after scraping out two wins in OT, but what the hell was up with the Nets last night? 3 minutes left in the 1Q, 16 points. Fast forward to 6 minutes later and they had 42. The Mavs and Bucks barely scored that in a half the other night...

As for tonight, the first of the spots I alluded to at the start of the thread. Not that I necessarily love the Magic but, at the same time, I pointed it out, so... Plus, Orlando's supposed to have all hands on deck with Aaron Gordon, Serge Ibaka and Elfrid Payton in the lineup.

As for the Nuggets, like I mentioned before, Michael Malone's been running his starters out for major minutes through the first three games, so either one of two things is going to start happening: a) fatigue is going to set in and set in fast or b) the bench is going to start logging some major minutes. Either way, after watching the way D'Angelo Russell managed to rack up points against them, won't be surprised to see the Wolves backcourt do similar damage.

Hopefully he burns out the starters tonight, they lose big, and sets us up nicely for the BAR Super Situation on Friday night against the Warriors.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks for passing along the info Duckie - stupid phone's been freezing up for the last 20 minutes...

no prob, always glad to try help. I'm really interested in Minnesota as well. You make a great point about the minutes for Denver's starters. Haven't seen much info for either team tonight yet.

YTD: 14-10, +2.50

Wednesday:

<iframe width="480" height="320" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K7l5ZeVVoCA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

10/12/2016 7:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 504 Orlando Magic* +4½ -120 vs San Antonio Spurs
10/12/2016 8:06 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 508 Minnesota Timberwolves* -3½ -120 vs Denver Nuggets
10/12/2016 8:06 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 508 Minnesota Timberwolves* Over 106½ -110 vs Denver Nuggets

*Don't imagine tip looks anything remotely like that naked. Not that I was imagining anything...

Anyways, probably shouldn't complain after scraping out two wins in OT, but what the hell was up with the Nets last night? 3 minutes left in the 1Q, 16 points. Fast forward to 6 minutes later and they had 42. The Mavs and Bucks barely scored that in a half the other night...

As for tonight, the first of the spots I alluded to at the start of the thread. Not that I necessarily love the Magic but, at the same time, I pointed it out, so... Plus, Orlando's supposed to have all hands on deck with Aaron Gordon, Serge Ibaka and Elfrid Payton in the lineup.

As for the Nuggets, like I mentioned before, Michael Malone's been running his starters out for major minutes through the first three games, so either one of two things is going to start happening: a) fatigue is going to set in and set in fast or b) the bench is going to start logging some major minutes. Either way, after watching the way D'Angelo Russell managed to rack up points against them, won't be surprised to see the Wolves backcourt do similar damage.

Hopefully he burns out the starters tonight, they lose big, and sets us up nicely for the BAR Super Situation on Friday night against the Warriors.

Good luck.

Thanks for the tunes. They sent me about 15 passwords and every time I try it doesn't work but I can register with the same name just a different email. I'm just going to leave it along. It's not the first time that I asked a forum or other web sites for a new password because I forgot. Somethings not right. Good Luck tonight hugh.

And apologies for having taken so long to post up as I see all three lines moved (at least you know the lines I post are truthful, unlike...) And since I neglected to do so last night, here are my tentative picks for tomorrow night: Raptors (Tyronn Lue's gone on record saying LeBron's only going to play one more game, so hopefully it's not tomorrow) and the Nets team total under (fuck if I get beat by Sean Kilpatrick and Anthony Bennett again). And, of course, Friday on the Warriors...

tough beat for us on Orlando. I sadly watched the last 2 minutes. The big goof rookie Stephen Zimmerman looked like he was stoned. He and Nick Johnson just completely butterfingers towards the end of the game

Back