NBA Wednesday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
First 10 unit play of the season. The Grizzlies are coming off a win against the Sonics, showing they don't only "hang in games" but can win as well. The Raptors should be in a huge letdown mode here. Not only has Bosh logged in for 45 minutes, and Bargnani had a big night as well, but the fact they again squandered a big lead, wasted a lot of energy for nothing, should make them quite weary in front of this clash against a similar structured team, with several European players and sharp shooters. Minus the inside presence probably, as Milicic is out. But nevermind, I don't expect Bosh to have a big night so soon after fighting with Mavs' big men.

As far as Raptors' lead is concerned, they have outdone themselves in the past two games, basically exposing all weaknesses and shortcomings of Mitchell's coaching abilities.

First they squander an 8 point lead coming into the 4th (playing at home), shooting 4/22 in the 4th, then they open the game in Dallas on a very strong note, leading up to 49-25(!) only to lose third period by 38-17.
Loving this mini spread on a more rested team in a way better spot.

Grizzlies (-2) (2.00 @ Pinnacle) 10 units

Agree with the pick. Memphis are doing great lately and with Gasol (maybe Milicic as well) it won't be easy task for the tired physically and emotionally Raptors.

Best of luck!!!

Thanks guys. good luck. :cheers: :shake:

Btw, didn't TJ Ford leave the game and didn't return?I thought I saw that somewhere.

Thanks DuY, GL tonight :shake:

Btw, forgot to mention Toronto playing 3rd in 4 nights. Situational play par excellence.

Btw, didn't TJ Ford leave the game and didn't return?I thought I saw that somewhere.

Raps' Ford injured in tough loss at Dallas

T.J. Ford reportedly suffered a "stinger" in Tuesday's loss to the Mavericks. He left in the second half and it sounds like the injury was to his neck.

No word on his status for tomorrow, but if he is out, that's a big bonus.

Thanks a million Ale. :shake:

If he's out, I'd expect the line at 4.5 or higher.

Whoa. This play just keeps getting better and better.

was watching the game and the sideline reporter said TJ had the same exact injury last year and it took him a few days to recover. i doubt he will be able to go on a B2B

SF Capper, still no take on most other games, just browsed through and loved Memphis. Also looking at Denver and now CHARLOTTE.

Wizards coming off a win, b2b, home-road switch. Arenas is questionable, Haywood as well.
Blatche coming off a great game.

Wizards shot season high (I think) 57% and had 26 assists (also season high).

Do we think they can repeat that on the road, lacking men in the inside to throw at Okafor and VERY POSSIBLY missing Arenas again?

-5 is a solid number to lay but I'm considering it. I don't think this line will drop so I'll wait on more news and updates.

:shake:

always respect your opinion and look forward to your threads.....

really like memphis , they are stuck in the best division in the
stronger conference and will suffer because of it . gasol gets a big game
tonite.......'an_horse'

Scratching Milwaukee lean, probably won't touch that game.

Other leans (for now):

SA-ORL UNDER 189
Denver -5
Charlotte -5

adding:

Charlotte (-5) (1.98 @ Pinnacle)
5 units

Writeup in post #14.

Switching my Bucks lean to a LAL play, after reading Killa's thread and learning some new stuff.

Lakers -1.5 (1.93 @ Pinnacle)
5 units

See Killa's thread for writeup.

Denver (-5) (1.96 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

Clippers shorthanded big time, Nuggets got to rest their starters in the 4th with a huge lead. If Denver doesn't put this one away they may as well pack it in for the season.
I mean it. The Clippers are missing some serious men.

Leaning under in SA, not going to play it (yet).

Last edited:
GL tonight Satry. No disagreements on any of the plays. Still wondering how CHA is fortunate enough to get all these teams on B2B's.

Thanks for the heads up on Memphis mate. I managed to pound the early price before it dropped 15%!

Thanks guys. Good luck tonight everyone. :cheers: :shake:

Smoke, Navarro and Pau will carry this team soon. :cheers

well it's a huge move since the opening -3. Not sure really, I would have to lower my stakes in that case since the value isn't the same.

Food for thought: Denver was -8 at home against a massively shorthanded team. Now they're on home-road b2b switch and still only 1 point lower than that...

Denver only looks like a powerhouse on the paper, when you look at their roster. But in reality, they still haven't stepped up to be able to blow out teams with ease like the big boys do.

I wonder will they ever, because this is as good of a spot for that as it is going to be, the Clippers have severely limited scoring options, Denver have a deep team, plenty of options. I would expect them to win by 10-15, which makes -5 a very solid bet, but -7 is a tad different story. Still fine I guess, but with lower stakes, as the initial value isn't there. In some other cases I would take the unfavorable dog but in this case I don't think anyone can even remotely consider taking the Clippers ATS.

Good luck. :shake:

:36_11_6:Just want to point out that I was the first one in the forum to be on Denver and Memphis for tonights game, and was also the first one yesterday to be on Denver :tiphat:That being said if the 2 tonight happen to lose.. Damn you Satyr :pillow:

WOW i am glad I got Denver at -4 I was wondering why i wasnt higher.

Satry I follow the Raptors and can tell you that they seem to surprise when least expected. However I do think they are a horrible team made up of a bunch of European castoffs.

They simply do not have anyone that can create their own shot. BOSH takes too many jumpers and is a poor mans Tim Duncan. He is not a Centre and cannot handle the GARNETS, DUNCANS, GASOLS. Tj Ford cannot shoot, and they do not have a Vince Carter, KOBE type of player that can create his own shoot. What are we left with is lots of jumpers. Even BARGAGNI all he does is jack up 3's?

Defensively they are atrocious, Kapono, Bargagni, even BOSH can be easily overpowered inside. Rasha Nesterovitch is a joke on both ends.

Memphis is definitely better at this point this year and should take out the Raptors. Last year Raps were better defensively, this year they are very bad. It showed last night when they got outscored by 21 in one qtr.

abcs :pillow: Satyr

We are on the same side again bro. Let's cash em :smiley_acbe::cheers:

Sammy, thanks for the comment bro, very insightful. GL tonight. :cheers: :shake:

Pirate :cheers: GL tonight

Farm let's do it bro :cheers: GL

I think that Bobcats should prove their ability before trusting them agaisnt a play off team like the Wizards.
Even if Haywood and Arenas are out, still Bobcats must show that they can win play off teams, something that they haven't done so far.

BOL Satyr, sorry I didn't get any pictures from the Spurs/Hornets game, never got hold of a camera and mine is broken.

Looks like a good play, tempted but laid off since my card got rather large.

Back