NBA Tuesday/Opening Night - 10/28/08

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
Alrighty, some of yall might know me from posting NBA and MLB plays the last couple of years. Two years ago was my 1st full year and I was determined and stuck with NBA and MLB throughout the season and did pretty well. 2nd year was a different story and I think I ran out of energy due to do the daily grind and being emotionally focused on the Saints/Hornets. I also focused primarily on the Hornets during the NBA season since I had tickets to their games. Anyways I think that wore me out after our collapse to the Spurs. I couldnt get up for MLB, only lasted a month and graduated this past spring too. Started working, which is also a very taxing job physically and emotionally, some of yall might know what I do, but it hasn't been the same since last year during the NBA season. Now that I am starting to get used to the work schedule and balancing my personal life, I think Im ready for this year. After recent events, everything was brought back into perspective and I realized the importance of gambling versus other aspects of life. Cant go into the details of it and as sad as it is to admit it, it took something this serious to give me this reality check.

I am a better totals player, or atleast more disciplined with totals but I will place bets on spreads/Dogs/quarters/halves too.

I look forward to this year, hopefully I can get my head out of my ass and get this shit turned around because its been painful 6-7 months in the betting world for me. Thanks to those who gave me some advice a couple weeks ago, appreciate it. :shake:

Overall:
Sides:
Dogs:
Totals:
Halves:
Quarters:

Im looking at the following plays, I'll also edit this window and just post my official play here and in a post below.

Official Plays:

Cleveland Cavaliers +6 -110
Cleveland Cavaliers ML +220 (.5 Unit)
Portland Trailblazers @ Los Angeles Lakers UNDER 195

BOL To Yall This NBA Season and go HORNETS
:cheers:

Last edited:
I like the picks, though I'm not sure about the Bulls. On one hand, I would fade the hell out of them because I am not convinced they are very good, and I feel like the Bucks are underrated. On the other hand, new coach, they might start the season strong, regardless of where they finish. We shall see, gl

I actually like the points with the Bucks as well, but again I'm way behind on sides right now. Either way BOL opening night.

Renew

Good luck man with what you pick, Your leans are my exact leans.

Hopefully you can keep bringing that NO news for us.

well i didnt lock any plays in last night and am getting the worst of it but I still like the Cavs and the lakers/trailblazers under even though its at 195.

ill be posting official plays in a second, just got home.

I like the picks, though I'm not sure about the Bulls. On one hand, I would fade the hell out of them because I am not convinced they are very good, and I feel like the Bucks are underrated. On the other hand, new coach, they might start the season strong, regardless of where they finish. We shall see, gl

Im not a believer in the Bucks, just seems like itll take time for this team to gel. Dont think the chemistrys gonna be there and even though 6 is a fair bit I think thats not that large of a spread. Either way Im laying off of it since its 6.5 but BOL to you this year. thanks

I actually like the points with the Bucks as well, but again I'm way behind on sides right now.

Sides aren't my forte by any means but im not playing that game so thats cool GL to you JPicks and thanks.

Renew

Good luck man with what you pick, Your leans are my exact leans.

Hopefully you can keep bringing that NO news for us.

Ill try to stay on top of the Hornets for all the guys here, gonna check in on your plays in a second but glad you agree. GL marlo

nice season last year for NO. wishing you an even better one this season

thanks phil, hope the hornets can build on their success last year. GL to you tonight and this season.

thanks Farm - BOL as usual my man

Plays:

Cleveland Cavaliers +6 -110
Cleveland Cavaliers ML +220 (.5 Unit)
Portland Trailblazers @ Los Angeles Lakers UNDER 195

Everyones seen thoughts on the Cavs/Celtics game and I expect no different.

Id be much more comfortable with the UNDER @ 197.5 but I waited too long and it kept dropping. Still Trailblazers were more of an under team last year and even with the added fire power, its opening night, I expect players to be a bit flat. Oden playing his 1st career game vs the Lakers, maybe a bit nervous. Bynum/Gasol/LO sticky situation, I expect some adjustment period even those youre talking about a team that probably wants to get off a big W tonight to get the season started and to forget about last season. Portlands got their own rotation situation going on with Nicholas Batum/Travis Outlaw. Where's Rudy gonna get his minutes? I expect the pace to be a bit slower than usual with both teams adding new weapons to their team or adjusting their rotations and Portland you know whats to play the half-court game.

Good luck this season renew, glad you put things into perspective and got re-focused.

Chris paul for MVP,:cheers:
not kobe. Ever.

it's going to be your boys or houston coming out of the west anyways

thanks Satyr - gotta get revenge on your boys. just have to but it is an ODD year.

thanks Cap - I realized I focused on gambling as an outlet from shit Im going through once again. During the last few months I was viewing it more as a hobby, long story short.
Im scared shitless of Houston but someones gonna get hurt lol. GL to you this year.

Back