NBA Thursday...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
4-5 (0.79 units)

No official plays last night...

Split 2 prop tails

Went 2-1 on live totals.

The first total was in Washington. I played 2h over. They came out STRONG to start the 3rd and my intention here was to middle. But, much like last year, opening week has some issues with live-betting platforms at many spots. I couldn't get my middle in. By the time the line was back up in full, I was tied into the play unfortunately. This one lost by 2.5 points. Oh well.

The 2nd one was Charlotte 2h over 108. I didn't need to look for middles, this was pretty comfy.

Lastly, I feel like books were staying a bit too high out in Sacto on the total. I honestly was waiting for an over, and nearly played at 215.5 From there, early third, it shot right up. I took 224.5 under and held my nose till the end. Looking at the original #, time remaining and the fact this was a competitive game, the value was there.

Dallas won ATS for pregame plays. So, I don't feel bad for not touching that. I was close in the 3rd but was afraid they had "shot their wad" as Lee Corso would say. At 97-85 I was sure they were done. I missed the rest driving home and was wowed by that final score. Although the first game of the year, that was a huge win for that team.

Let us talk a little bit about the 'Stons. I do not care the opponent, that was a good win last night. This team will be quite the rollercoaster this year but watching them develop will be a sight to see. I'll be honest, I was already waving the white flag after that early Orlando run. The defense is very concerning. They fought back though and led at halftime. The rookies were GREAT last night. This team is no longer boring. Solid league-pass team methinks @guaranteeed .

Some rapid fire notes from last night...

-This is going to be interesting watching the Nets
-Welcome back ZION!
-Ja is Ja -- MVP season coming up
-Jabari Smith fired up 11 three's
-I'll be watching the Hawks closer @AtlHawks
-Efficient first game for Don in Cleveland
-Rudy with a heckuva debut in Minny as well
-Jazz have a chip on their shoulder. Will they be one of those average teams that is an ATS monster?
-Let the tanking begin Spurs!

Alright, a pregame play tonight. My mindset here is that they may come out very hot. The Sixers looked damn good on Tuesday in Boston, despite the loss. I'll spare too much more on this game, but I will always add that live action hedge/middle/trade is always an option with my rare pregame plays. Check @BombDropper thread for a GREAT write-up on this play...

Philadelphia -4 -110 3 units

I added a unit due to his confidence. This is an 'aliens invading' special play.

One more pre-game play to come, but I am not going to steal thunder at all. This will be a tail from someone else. He will be posting in the NBA forum after dinner. This concerns the Battle of Los Angeles.

Live - Philadelphia -1.5 -105 2 units

I will buy back on some of this game if possible...

Reggie Jackson

Won't kill the Queen but should put down a couple triples tonight!

have a free play sitting in one of my accounts so riding with you at the 1.5 now as well. hopefully they can cover the 4 for you.
They are toast, but hopefully at least keep trying for a bit..

Live -- Milwaukee 0189.5 -115 1.5 units

34-35 pt differential here.

Lack of fouls, but hopefully Sixers push a bit and we can salvage something here.

Obviously getting jail sexed on the side. Sorry, bad play.

Going to do a quick post-mortem on this bet.

We are 3 days in, so I am just going to do it now. Absolutely no more pre-game bets. Period. On sides only.

I am not good at it. The NBA as a whole is not what how it was 10-15 years ago as far as being easier to read pre-game, FOR MYSELF. The situational capping is mostly gone (other than road-trips at times). My edge, imo, is on totals in the live betting market or at halftime. I'm all for props as well during the soft period (30-45 days in).

Just no reason for myself to get frustrated on a bet that was never covering THE ENTIRE game.

The loss is fine. I've lost many Philly bets this way. They stop caring at a certain point. Once that lead hit double-digits in the 3rd, this was over as far as the pre-game bet.

The 2nd bet was to be middled at some point. I had AMPLE amount of time to get off that bet in the first 6 mins of the 3rd quarter. Philly was -1.5 almost the entire time. That was greedy and will cost me a few bucks.

***Yes, anuything can happen, like the Phoenix game. I doubt it, just focused on this total (and Kamara over 70 rushing yards).

****Please be egg in my face lol

I had no idea that Philly came back. I knew the scoring slowed and the total was gonna be tough.

Gross. These clowns actually got ONE lead? Ugh.

Oh well. Took a 800 dollar losing game to remind myself not to be things you are bad at.

I had no idea that Philly came back. I knew the scoring slowed and the total was gonna be tough.

Gross. These clowns actually got ONE lead? Ugh.

Oh well. Took a 800 dollar losing game to remind myself not to be things you are bad at.
yeah and then they left matthews wide open for a 3 to lose right after they took the lead. luke, live betting is your destiny.

Yep. Was literally saying anything but a 3 there and should be in decent shape, but of course.
they way they played the whole game i was expecting them to blow that at the end...would have been too weird if they actually won that shitfest.

Back