NBA Friday!

Titan65

Pretty much a regular
Hey guys.

Brand new here. Meant to post a Fresno pick for yesterday but failed to do so. Thank God I didn't as it failed.

Anywho, I didn't start gambling on basketball until the All-Star Break a year ago, so I'm still a pup. But I did pretty well tailing, capping, or otherwise from that point on until the finals. Actually nailed a dime play while in Vegas and looked like a complete amateur when I won. I was being a prick.

So, that said, I am trying to get better. I want to learn. So, in lieu of going to covers and either getting ignored or bashed, I decided to join here.

Thus far this season I'm 5-2. I won't count those on the record, though, because I'd be an utter bitch if I did.

Here we go. All lines from pinny.

Orlando -6: Philly had a nice win over Atlanta, but it's obvious the Hawks are still nowhere near where they need to be to be competitive. Iverson is still one of the more dangerous scorers in the game, but I think this is a mismatch. His defense against Jameer Nelson will be shaky, allowing the 5'11 point guard to carve up the defense and get the ball to the most nasty of young big men, Dwight Howard. I think Orlando is hungry. They had their 16-6 run trimmed a little short a year ago thanks to the offseason. Now they have the opportunity they need to move up as the elite team in the East.

Charlotte +6: Oh, what a bad, bad game for the Bobcats. While many young or newer teams would shudder from that kind of performance, I think this one rises against. For a bit more than a half they gave the Pacers all they wanted and more. Memphis survived a 3 OT game, and while the day of rest will help, they're still one of the thinner teams in the league. No Gasol spells trouble here, especially inside. I like the presence of Okeafor and I do believe the Cats get it together on the road, just to prove a point.

Leans:

Bucks +2: I feel like I should wait this team out longer before I bet them, but I can't help but feel some sort of hidden value.

Pistons/Celtics U 194: I saw on BAR on the over, so it worries me some, but I think the Celtics are going to have a tough time getting hot on offense. The Pistons aren't the defensive giant of the past, but I think this game stays under thanks to some poor shooting.

Utah +7: For some reason I'm on a bit of a "prove yourself" tear. What worries me most is the type of fast offense Phoenix runs compared to the plodding club that Utah trots out to the hardwood. The addition of Derek Fisher should interject some life (it already has) to the grind-it-out club. I think Utah figures it out, though.

Again, any input is appreciated. Take it easy and good luck to all!

Welcome to the site scud. Main thing here isn't the records but the info we provide for each other, and you're on your way to being a very valuable capper here.

Personally I'm in a fade Philly mood this season, and I love taking Orlando at home. I do think the line is a bit high though in this one, but Orlando is the play imo.

Charlotte, got to love that line. May add a ML play there.

I planned on taking Toronto on Friday night, but thought they'd be catching a few points, not the other way. I think Bosh will create some foul trouble on Villanueva and Bogut and TJ Ford will be motivated tomorrow night. Interested in seeing how the Bucks travel. Not sure what I'll do with this game, may just stay off and cheer for Milwaukee.

Detroit game I like the over as well... There's no cohesiveness in that Detroit defense like years past. Pierce should be able to score on Prince, unlike how some people are predicting. If you think it will be poor shooting though, you almost have to take under.

Great value with Utah, another team that could win SU tomorrow.

Welcome to the site scud. Main thing here isn't the records but the info we provide for each other, and you're on your way to being a very valuable capper here.
:shake:

I am not crazy about Charlotte here. Memphis stepped up without Gasol and Swift. Warrick can play for sure and has greatly improved while Kyle Lowry was a pleasant suprise. Charlotte's problem to me is lack of shooters....close games get out of hand quickly....

staying away from thsi one but I think this line is actually low...GL all

Nut your right on here... Grizzlies lost to a motivated Knicks team and put out a bad overall effort... and are being undervalued here at home... it's offline right now for me..

Gerald Wallce is this team, if he can't go they are in trouble... Char can't shoot the ball well enough... and are in dire need of a shooter... why did Jordan want Roy or Foye so much... because they need a swing man or guard badly... I love the Grizz' defense here... Yag, Warrick should have good games. Look for Miller to have a bounce back game. Grizz too composed to lose this one... don't see them losing this one.

Excellent first pick thread bro. Very impressed with the picks and analysis. Will be on 2 with yas and like a few of your other ones.

Welcome

Inspekdah said:
Nut your right on here... Grizzlies lost to a motivated Knicks team and put out a bad overall effort... and are being undervalued here at home... it's offline right now for me..

Gerald Wallce is this team, if he can't go they are in trouble... Char can't shoot the ball well enough... and are in dire need of a shooter... why did Jordan want Roy or Foye so much... because they need a swing man or guard badly... I love the Grizz' defense here... Yag, Warrick should have good games. Look for Miller to have a bounce back game. Grizz too composed to lose this one... don't see them losing this one.

Well someone else likes Charlotte knocking it down to +4...so what do I know...still prefer the home team though..GL

Hey guys. Thanks for the input and the wise/kind words.

I'm glad to see the Charlotte line dropping a couple points over night. I see the Magic/Philly line dropped half a point. I've been away all night so I don't know the total line history, but I'll ride with it.

I'm still leaning on that Phoenix/Jazz tilt. I still like the Jazz, but I don't know if I want to deal with four plays.

I've left all of the plays small since I'm feeling this bitch of a season out, so we'll call these some experimental bets for the sake of science.

Good luck to all of you and let's try to make some money.

And FYI, I will change the Pennywise picture soon. I shit my own pants when I opened the thread.

Man, it was one of those nights. Right now the Jazz are looking like crap. I'm staring a 1-3 night right in the face. Fortunately I hit the Air Force game pretty hard. The Bobcats are terrible and looks like they might be for a while. They've got absolutely no presence, whatsoever. I'll keep my head up with the Jazz, but in the meantime, I've added Seattle +6. Yep, it's the NBA, boys.

Back