NBA Finals In-Game Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter tipyerbartender1
  • Start date Start date
I hear ya......I just thought his tone and comments were weak and shitty. Just my take on it.

He's just very toolish in his demeanor. He looks like he's forcing things and he's always going to come off as a cry baby. His "personality" on and off the court is not Kobe/MJ. Some people's personalities are just not "cool" or likable.

yea, maybe yall right

Im just thinking that you always get the 'truer' champ in hockey bases and baskets

football is just a magical run....which is cool.....like NCAA baskets

I hear ya......I just thought his tone and comments were weak and shitty. Just my take on it.

Yep, I hear ya. He's down 0-2 in the Finals and has to repeatedly answer dumb and repetitive questions with mics stuck in his face every day. Something he says at some point is going to sound like that, sound controversial, etc. They're just words...although I am aware that words are a big f'ing deal in the US these days...so there's also that.

When the US consulate was overrun back in 2012 in Benghazi (on september 11th) the White House tried to claim it was a protest over some obsure, nobody had ever seen film on youtube. The following Sunday US Ambassador to the UN Susan Rice was all over the Sunday morning talk shows selling that this unseen video on youtube was the cause of protests which led to Chris Stevens and 3 others being murdered.

You would have to be a fool to believe this...it was a coordinated terrorist attack on 9-11 and the Administration wasn't going to allow that narrative to be told just weeks before the election.

Hillary said is a Youtube video about 50 times knowing it was not.

And she may be president.

Agreed as well. Social media is really just exposing how dumb/clueless most people really are...which shouldn't be that surprising if anyone has been paying attention since they've been alive. We do all realize that when we blame "social media," we are really just blaming "humans" right?

But the social media aspect, fueled by the hack reporters (many of them with an agenda to begin with), has really just ruined sports.
Blame Kevin Love

He's just very toolish in his demeanor. He looks like he's forcing things and he's always going to come off as a cry baby. His "personality" on and off the court is not Kobe/MJ. Some people's personalities are just not "cool" or likable.

Right, but in this case LeBron is the one with the cool, or likable personality to most people. Kobe and MJ were both dicks, that's been long talked about. LeBron is the opposite...he's a goofball, isn't seen as taking it as "seriously" as MJ or Kobe. It certainly seems to be true, LeBron may not have that drive that some of the greats have had...but it's tough to argue with the results...6 straight Finals appearances, and seemingly very tight knit teams that he's on. He has a different way of being a leader than MJ or Kobe...nothing wrong with that, or at least there shouldn't be anything wrong with that.

Hillary said is a Youtube video about 50 times knowing it was not.

And she may be president.

But all we hear about on any outlet available is that the Donald is a racist and incites his voters to commit violence. And we wonder why most of the country is uniformed and clueless on most topics.

Back to Kevin Love, can you imagine what he is gonna face when he comes back and starts game 4 and the Warriors win ?

But all we hear about on any outlet available is that the Donald is a racist and incites his voters to commit violence. And we wonder why most of the country is uniformed and clueless on most topics.

That same f'in media is condemning Trump for the violence taken place at his rallies by his OPPONENTS

Back to Kevin Love, can you imagine what he is gonna face when he comes back and starts game 4 and the Warriors win ?

lol, I know right?

And he could go for 25 and 12....and STILL get the blame in many people's eyes for some reason. I say it's just racism because he's white.

That same f'in media is condemning Trump for the violence taken place at his rallies by his OPPONENTS

They are? I'd like to see more of that coverage I guess. Most of the media plays it off as a "well they did it first" type of thing. It's just a bunch of rationalization and hypocrisy.

I hope Kerr doesn't pull his starters out too early like Lue did. Plenty of time for rest in between games. With their shooting a run can come at anytime.

Someone tell Sideshow Bob that starting his flop before contact is made is usually a dead giveaway that it was a block and not a charge.

The Trump thing that is amazing to me is that video of the shit that happened in San Jose......People being attacked for a presidential rally

If this were the other way around can you fucking IMAGINE the coverage and outrage.

Why is the media sooooooo fucking liberal? Just strange.....

I hope Kerr doesn't pull his starters out too early. Plenty of time for rest in between games. With their shooting a run can come at anytime.

Play again Friday...I sit the big 3.

Iguodala always brings it....Bastard leaving Arizona after his Soph. year cost us the 2005 Title but damn I love him

I'd like to see this game get to single digits and see what the Cavs do..

I assume hero ball by Kyrie but he's got it going on tonight and will probably make the shots.

Iguodala always brings it....Bastard leaving Arizona after his Soph. year cost us the 2005 Title but damn I love him
I start them the start of 4Q. See if they can get something going. If not then sit them. These guys are capable of making a run anytime.

One of my all time fave college team was the Zona team that won the ship with Mike Bibby, miles Simon, and Dickerson I think his name was. That was a sick guard oriented team.

The Trump thing that is amazing to me is that video of the shit that happened in San Jose......People being attacked for a presidential rally

If this were the other way around can you fucking IMAGINE the coverage and outrage.

Why is the media sooooooo fucking liberal? Just strange.....

Right, I said the same thing in the Politics thread. We all saw the amount of coverage a supposed arm grab by security inside of a Trump rally got...could you imagine if it were a group of Trump supporters throwing eggs and anything else they could find at a Clinton supporter outside of a rally? They'd be on every station pleading for Trump to get arrested because he had to have been the inciter of the violence.

Man, still can't get over the massive home/away disparities. It's been insane these playoffs.

One of my all time fave college team was the Zona team that won the ship with Mike Bibby, miles Simon, and Dickerson I think his name was. That was a sick guard oriented team.

Micheal Dickerson...was the 14th pick of the 98 draft but bad knee cut his career short. Damn good shooter....would thrive in today's NBA.

scored 18 a game his 2nd season but only played 1 more year. Solid defender too. 40% from 3's in his career.

Man, still can't get over the massive home/away disparities. It's been insane these playoffs.

It's been crazy for sure. Something like 51 of the 80 playoff games have been decided by double digits...and maybe like 22 of those 51 decided by 20+ points.

Cowherd's reasoning is that it's all the 3 point shot...if you get hot, and the other team isn't, you blow them out. Teams usually shoot better at home, and it seems to have gone exactly like that this postseason...get hot from 3 and blow out your opponent.

Klay got roughed up today. Add insult to injury they called him for that foul after taking the elbow lol.

Home teams 56-25 SU (50-31 ATS) so far this postseason.

They were 48-33 SU (36-43-2 ATS) in last postseason.

And 50-39 SU (39-48-2 ATS) in 2013/14.

Just crazy.

Micheal Dickerson reminds me when you could draft a player and he could actually contribute right away. Nowadays your getting a kid that is barely out of high school.

1990 draft had 8 guys drafted that had 10+ year careers...and that is in the 2nd round alone. 11 players drafted in the first round had 10+ year careers.

Right, I said the same thing in the Politics thread. We all saw the amount of coverage a supposed arm grab by security inside of a Trump rally got...could you imagine if it were a group of Trump supporters throwing eggs and anything else they could find at a Clinton supporter outside of a rally? They'd be on every station pleading for Trump to get arrested because he had to have been the inciter of the violence.

It is complete and utter bullshit

I don't get it

Micheal Dickerson reminds me when you could draft a player and he could actually contribute right away. Nowadays your getting a kid that is barely out of high school.

1990 draft had 8 guys drafted that had 10+ year careers...and that is in the 2nd round alone. 11 players drafted in the first round had 10+ year careers.

I loved Dickerson from that squad. Agreed about being able to draft players that can contribute right away.

One thing that doesn't get discussed enough (at least I haven't heard it too much) about GS and the team they've constructed...most of their star players stayed in college for 4 years. Maybe it will start a trend where teams will start looking harder at guys who stayed for 4 years, although you'd still need the players themselves to stay for 4 years in the first place. There is definitely something to be said for a guy who played for 4 years and can most likely contribute right away, or at least much sooner than some one and done phenom who's never faced adversity and has barely played against any elite level competition.

yep

i am glad they stopped the straight outta HS thing

I remember the year NO got the Hornets....mighta been the 2nd draft, not sure
JR Smith was ready....took him a season or 2 but he was ready to ball

there was this other kid taken in the 2nd rd maybe,,,,poor kid. Just NO Chance. He needed 4 yrs in HS. Wonder where he is now

Doubt Love starts Game 4. No hate, just sayin'.

Unless he's still in the concussion protocol, he'll be starting. The suggestion that they wouldn't have done what they did tonight with him in the lineup is just silly.

Shumpert with a 3 has the only points off the bench for the Cavs.

Wonder what the record is for fewest points off the bench in a Finals game.

Shumpert with a 3 has the only points off the bench for the Cavs.

Wonder what the record is for fewest points off the bench in a Finals game.

Wow. You'd have to imagine that the record will be set tonight with those 3 points. Hard to imagine any bench ever having scored less that that. Would be interesting to see a list though.

Back