NBA Finals Discussion thread

Foster treats Lebron like he's MJ. So this isn't an anti Cavs ref tonight. It does setup Brothers in Oakland Game 7 which is bad news for Warriors!

hopefully it doesn't go that far.

I don't think Lebron wins the MVP without winning the championship first. Just my opinion. No doubt he's been a monster, a one man crew, but it basically always goes to the winner.

Dont rely on history. What happened this year has never ever happened before. Lebron had the best performances so far this Finals. Whether its because the Warriors let him or whatever it was... I dont see why a player has to be on the winning team.... curry has to have one more big performance to shift it enough in his favor..

Yep no way I wouldn't hedge that bet at this point AK, I'm fairly certain that Curry is winning that thing if the Warriors win, he's a media sensation and he's made the BIG shots. Just don't see with the value that you have how you don't throw down a bit on the favorite.

it's not completely out of the question that Iggy wins it... it's not exactly a hedge

Tickets for the game tonight are have plummeted

13.4% are available for sale....

true fans

Cleveland isn't the Bay Area economically, simple as that. And congrats to the Cavs for having that watch party at their arena for game 5 be free to attend, while tonight the Warriors charged $15 a seat.

What's funny is those $15 seats are going for $60 on stubhub while courtside seats for the viewing party are going for $300 LMAO...aren't those seats worse looking straight up at the bigscreen ?

What's funny is those $15 seats are going for $60 on stubhub while courtside seats for the viewing party are going for $300 LMAO...aren't those seats worse looking straight up at the bigscreen ?

haha wow....would pay if you are allowed to play ball on the court?

That might be worth it..

it's not completely out of the question that Iggy wins it... it's not exactly a hedge

His odds plummeted the other night with the free throws

Clutch matters, and obviously Curry's been more clutch than anyone in this series to this point, he's been the dagger thrower

Iggy was +315 or whatever to win it before last game, and he arguably made the biggest and-1 to change game 5, but the daggers have been thrown by Steph

Interesting prop:

Cleveland leads at HT and Golden State wins is +460

Game 7 odds are Warriors -7 w/ a total of 194.

Looks like line tonight starting to move...I'm seeing GS -3.5 w/ a total of 193.5. Prop bet of Golden State wins in 7 was +250 earlier now down to +230

His odds plummeted the other night with the free throws

Clutch matters, and obviously Curry's been more clutch than anyone in this series to this point, he's been the dagger thrower

Iggy was +315 or whatever to win it before last game, and he arguably made the biggest and-1 to change game 5, but the daggers have been thrown by Steph

I fully understand but I wouldn't "hedge"... its not guaranteed profit

I believe if Iggy drops 30 tonight and is the reason the warriors win.... he's winning it

[TABLE="class: lines, width: 685"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesSubHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>Cleveland Cavaliers vs Golden State Warriors - NBA Finals Most Valuable Player</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Tue 6/16[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]15001 Stephen Curry wins Finals MVP[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" value="M1_282" name="radiox" type="radio">+100 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD]9:00PM [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]15002 Field wins Finals MVP[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" value="M2_282" name="radiox" type="radio">-140 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Tue 6/16[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]15003 Lebron James wins Finals MVP[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" value="M1_283" name="radiox" type="radio">-120 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]15004 Field wins Finals MVP[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" value="M2_283" name="radiox" type="radio">-120 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Tue 6/16[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]15005 Andre Iguodala wins Finals MVP[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" value="M1_284" name="radiox" type="radio">+1280 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]15006 Field wins Finals MVP[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" value="M2_284" name="radiox" type="radio">-2920 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Big move

In a theory of theatrics, he could win the MVP if GSW close them out tonight in Cleveland to give the home crowd the thrill of victory I guess, of something

If GSW win in Oakland, no way he gets that thing

In a theory of theatrics, he could win the MVP if GSW close them out tonight in Cleveland to give the home crowd the thrill of victory I guess, of something

If GSW win in Oakland, no way he gets that thing

i really dont think the voters care about that... if curry plays like shit tonight and the warriors win, lebron gets it... if lebron forces game 7 and curry plays like shit... lebron still gets it

highly doubtful though... just saying

[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Tue 6/16[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]4693 L.James has a Triple-Double[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" value="M1_251" name="radiox" type="radio">+150 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]8:55PM [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]4694 L.James no Triple-Double[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="radiox" value="M2_251" name="radiox" type="radio">-190 [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

elected to just go with the warriors

warriors -3.5 and warriors 4Q -1

no props... lebron's FT prop is juiced too high and with it being game 6 props are really sucker bets

The Under is the obvious play with it being game 6... but if this turns into a laugher the defensive intensity could vanish and there should be more FTs than average

Scott Foster definitely helps Lebron and the Cavs but the cavs team is running on empty... and the warriors better want to finish this now. Dont want to give the cavs any life and two days off...

Mark Jackson said that he would give the Finals MVP trophy to LeBron James.

"[James] is the MVP of this series thus far," Jackson said. "There’s no question about it. When you take a look at what he’s doing, this Warrior team is a superior team. They have great depth, 67 wins, talent and versatility to throw at you. To have a chance to win, LeBron James has got to be spectacular, and he’s been that." Jackson does have a point, but this is the second time he will be denying Stephen Curry of his fictitious vote.

:popcorn:

[TABLE="class: tableOdds"]
<tbody id="oddsBody" style="outline: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR="class: row-odd"]
[TD="class: team"]6/16

9:10 PM

711 Golden State Warriors
712 Cleveland Cavaliers

[/TD]
[TD="class: pct, align: center"]47%
53%
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct, align: center"]30%
70%
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct, align: center"]47%
53%
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

ESPN 'Square Meter'...

NBA Finals (Warriors lead 3-2): Who will WIN this matchup?
[TABLE="class: mg-gametableQ, width: 0"]
<tbody style="border: 0px none; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR]
[TD="class: mg-column1 start, align: center"]9:10 PM
ABC

[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column2 sport, align: center"]
icon_basketball.gif

NBA
[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column3 opponents"] Golden State Warriors (67-15)[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column4 result, align: center"]--[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column5 status, align: center"]Preview
[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column6 wpw, align: center"]47.3%[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column7 heat, align: center"]

[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column8 pick borderRight, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: mg-column3 opponents last"] @ Cleveland Cavaliers (53-29)[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column4 result last, align: center"]--[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column6 wpw, align: center"]52.7%[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Teams that amass 75+ wins (reg. season and playoffs) rarely lose in their first opportunity to close a Finals series.

AK are you hedging?

No.

Golden State will win the series and the media votes and have loved LeBron carrying his battered team this far. I am fairly confident I am gonna hit it and only risked $25 regardless.

I just want to hit this for my biggest long shot ever at 40-1. I remember on the old WSEX live betting market on a Sunday night baseball game I bought up 20 shares of the road team for a buck each (winning shares worth $100) as the home team had bases loaded no outs bottom of the ninth, relief pitcher had walked last 2 guys...then he somehow gets out of the jam. Could have sold them for $45-$47 each for almost a free grand but I wanted to hit the 100-1...my team lost in extra innings.

No.

Golden State will win the series and the media votes and have loved LeBron carrying his battered team this far. I am fairly confident I am gonna hit it and only risked $25 regardless.

I just want to hit this for my biggest long shot ever at 40-1. I remember on the old WSEX live betting market on a Sunday night baseball game I bought up 20 shares of the road team for a buck each (winning shares worth $100) as the home team had bases loaded no outs bottom of the ninth, relief pitcher had walked last 2 guys...then he somehow gets out of the jam. Could have sold them for $45-$47 each for almost a free grand but I wanted to hit the 100-1...my team lost in extra innings.

#memories

best of luck bud. I wouldn't hedge either.

Hubie Brown just did an interview to Israeli TV. He says that West won the MVP, in a series, where the losing team took it to Game 7 and he shot much better percentage.
He believes that if the series ends tonight, Bron doesn't deserve the MVP. If it goes to Game 7 and Bron plays well in both games, it's anyone's guess...

If the Dubs lose they'll most likely have Dan Crawford reffing Game 7.

LeBron is undefeated in closeout games under his whistle.

Need to close tonight if you're Golden State.

ABC needed a neutral guy in there other than the dude that used to give LeBron back-rubs.

Having Wade in there is a lame move, imo.

Another case of fight early, fade late for Cleveland, imo.

Dubs have to close here, too much chance of self-doubt if they don't. They are a better road team this postseason.

Back