NBA Finals Discussion thread

What Blatt needs to do is pick his spots ... up 5 in the first quarter ... rest LeBron a few minutes ... up 4 in the second give him two more ... tied early third .. give him two minutes rest .... and have your team understand to run clock when he is sitting. He is basically doing the end of the qtr trick in the first and third and that's about it.

Also ... tell LeBron to charge. He is really strong .. and he drives it hard to the hoop and he is not scared of contact ... but he isn't forcing the refs to blow their whistle. There were some no calls in the fourth tonight that I thought were good no calls but that superstars usually get anyway

That's what most coaches do and I truly don't get it. It's end of one rest, end of third rest. Actually, it's the NBA finals. Lace up and go. Drink a gatorade between quarters and halftime

Lebron is clearly the point so I would run Lebron, Shump, JR, Thompson, Moz. With Delly/Jones coming off to spell for minutes at a time.

Like most players with Lebron there is no true point but just another spot up guy. Delly can't create and 2/9 5 points in 41 minutes is hard to imagine.

Just can't understand the 9 minutes for Moz. I do agree that Lebron also doesn't respect him but I've never valued Lebron's talent evaluation. He pushed for guys like James Jones (OK), Marion, Mike Miller, Perk, etc. to join this team.

Wow, let's talk about the GM of this team. You get gifted the #1 pick and get K Love. OK, so you did nothing there.

You have a championship squad and you add...

Mike Miller, James Jones, Marion, Perkins, Haywood.

I would rather have these years last 5 second rounds picks.

Your forgetting adding Mozgov, Shumpert, and JR Smith. w/out the midseason deals they aren't playing in the Finals.

Would not have traded Wiggins myself.

Lebron and Mozgov had such a great play going in game 4. Mozgov couldn't be stopped and Blatt takes him out for the majority of the game. It makes no sense whatsoever. He did a good job in games 1-3 of having his players play slow tempo but now I'm not even sure that was his doing. The cavs players are being asked to do more than their pay grade. More than what they're supposed to be able to do. That's what it comes down to.

It felt like the cavs took a lot more FGA and had more possessions tonight but it wasn't much. Lebron had 11 assists. The rest of the team had 6.

Mozgov was the leading scorer of game 4 with 28.

Has the leading scorer in a Finals game ever played single-digit minutes the next night (outside of injury perhaps) ?

Lebron saying he's the best player in the world in the post game presser. Real classy.

What's he supposed to say though? MJ said the same things when he was playing, we're just in a pussified society now so he's supposed to be "classy" when talking to the media. Fuck that, he is the best player in the world, he wasn't lying.

Lebron saying he's the best player in the world in the post game presser. Real classy.

I don't mind it ... think he has played with a greater edge this finals than literally any of the others. He wants it bad. I think a little bravado is something that should help his game ... though it isn't his personality so who knows. And he is telling the truth.

I don't mind it ... think he has played with a greater edge this finals than literally any of the others. He wants it bad. I think a little bravado is something that should help his game ... though it isn't his personality so who knows. And he is telling the truth.

Lol he obviously is. That's the problem. It's obvious. He is just making sure nobody puts any blame on him and he should know better. Your team just lost game 5 of the NBA finals. I really don't think they wanna hear about that.

This is the weirdest finals I have ever watched because of the injuries to Love and Kyrie. Hopefully this makes teams/players think twice before having 3 superstars team up in the future

What's he supposed to say though? MJ said the same things when he was playing, we're just in a pussified society now so he's supposed to be "classy" when talking to the media. Fuck that, he is the best player in the world, he wasn't lying.

What was the question?

In the Cavs 2 wins of this series they had a 10+ FT disparity.

Cavs team can't win when they're not getting the calls.

Be interesting to see the Game 6 officials.

This is the weirdest finals I have ever watched because of the injuries to Love and Kyrie. Hopefully this makes teams/players think twice before having 3 superstars team up in the future

Think twice because their bench may not be up to par? I guess, but it's easy to say that now that 2 of the 3 superstars got hurt. How often does it happen where 2 out of 3 stars go down that it should be a concern for players in the future though? Guys can't be concerned with whether or not they get unlucky and hit with the injury bug.

Think twice because their bench may not be up to par? I guess, but it's easy to say that now that 2 of the 3 superstars got hurt. How often does it happen where 2 out of 3 stars go down that it should be a concern for players in the future though? Guys can't be concerned with whether or not they get unlucky and hit with the injury bug.

GMs and owners very well should be.

The 3 superstar thing worked in Boston and Miami, and would have worked out in OKC had they kept Harden.

What was the question?

Honestly, who cares what the question was. It was most likely another stupid question that had been repeated a few times already. The press conferences are so pointless it's not even funny. Complete waste of time and simply another reason for media type to poke holes in players and try to find some scandalous comments to talk about. The only thing that matters is what happens on the court/field.

My thing is you have 5 of your 15 guys pretty much done with their careers. You can't risk playing them a minute.

Where's the other 5 Delly's the team should have?

And getting Moz was a nice move. And now they don't play him! LOL

Taking on the contracts of JR and Shump isn't a positive... sure it's helped a bit but anyone could have had these bums.

Now they have no picks and no way to add in young upcoming talent.

GMs and owners very well should be.

In a way, yes. But they should be utilizing the most recent technology/statistics/training to ensure their players don't get hurt, not worrying that 2 of their 3 main guys go down and letting that effect their decisions on whether or not to sign superstars to their roster.

I don't consider Kryie or Love elite. Both these guys never made the playoffs.

Although I think Love's game in the right situation could thrive (Boston).

Then again I don't consider love a superstar

I was just going by this comment, where you insinuated that he was. Unless you were referring to a different players as one of those 3 superstars.

In a way, yes. But they should be utilizing the most recent technology/statistics/training to ensure their players don't get hurt, not worrying that 2 of their 3 main guys go down and letting that effect their decisions on whether or not to sign superstars to their roster.

Lebron chose half this roster or more.

Ok Lareux i don't really know what your point is. I never said what Lebron said was wrong. Just no point in talking yourself up when you lose.

Ok Lareux i don't really know what your point is. I never said what Lebron said was wrong. Just no point in talking yourself up when you lose.

If you're going to talk yourself up, you do it all the time, not simply when you're winning.

My point would be don't listen to the press conferences after the games, they mean nothing.

WTF do you mean. Just never mind. It's not worth discussing. I gotta sleep. Big interview tomorrow.

I mean you brought the GMs into the conversation, I responded (and partially agreed with you) about what the GMs should be concerned with...then you said that LeBron decided on half of the roster. What does that have to do with what you were talking about with GMs?

The cavs would be incredibly unwise to keep Love with how Tristan Thompson has performed and how Lebron/love clashed this season. When Lebron doesn't like someone it doesn't change.

Dont listen to player interviews. They mean nothing.

A bit different than a press conference minutes after a game, but okay. Why would Love choose to go elsewhere though? He's on a team with LeBron and Kyrie that is currently in the Finals w/o Love and Kyrie and making a series of it. What in the world would his motivation be to leave the Cavs before next season? After his contract is up it can be debated, but he has one year left where he's making a pretty penny, and he's on the favorite to win the title next year. He'd be an absolute fool to want out.

The cavs would be incredibly unwise to keep Love with how Tristan Thompson has performed and how Lebron/love clashed this season. When Lebron doesn't like someone it doesn't change.

Again though, it's not up to the Cavs unless they are trading him. The option is Love's, not the teams.

And they've "clashed" according to media sources only. LeBron's not an idiot, he knows Love can play and contribute to this team.

Unless they trade him, he's a Cav. He said already that he'll be back with Cleveland, and the option is his. Not much to talk about, unless again, they plan on trading him.

:rofl:

Yea Carlos Boozer told them the same thing. His team is in the Final's, Love isn't going to create a major distraction for his team.

And I'm not saying he is leaving, just that he has no other choice to say that...kind of like Kerr saying Bogut would start game 4 or the Seahawks saying their injured defensive players were 100% before the Super Bowl. Your often times not going to get the truth in these situations.

Back