NBA Finals Discussion thread

If you actually are a fan of basketball and are completely unbiased... How the fuck do you think the cavs deserve to win?

There was a good article on ESPN today about the potential long term harm this series might have on LeBron's health. Won't be surprised to see the knee issues start to come up next season...

Thanks for pointing this out. Good article. It's a bit tough to compare players in today's NBA compared to years ago because of the amount of extra help they have to recuperate.... That ice machine Lebron uses to freeze his body couldn't have been there years ago.... Just one example. Lebron has about 4-6 good years left

The Warriors played like crap today IMO. There were so many awful turnovers and the missed FTs were just terrible. Again Lebron didn't get fair treatment from the referees

There was a good article on ESPN today about the potential long term harm this series might have on LeBron's health. Won't be surprised to see the knee issues start to come up next season...

Someone please post a link, I can't get espn up for some reason.

Thanks

Lol I should not have hit that but it would've been nice. Got a bit greedy today but it paid off in the end. Thanks bud. Might be it for the season for me.

Yup, Iggy had zero interest in covering neither nbafan's nor my alternate spread of -15.5+285. The disparity in talent among these teams is silly, the Dubs could teach a clinic in how to casually cover/blow point spreads.

They need to close this shit out in Cleveland. I don't want to have to win a game 7 against Lebron, even if it's at home.

Series would be over if Warriors had closed out OT of game 2.

Yes Cleveland outplayed them but once the Warriors made that furious comeback to force OT they have to win that on their home court.

Line says so, on the road too.

[TABLE="class: league, width: 763"]
<tbody class="event" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 11.039999961853px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;">[TR="class: otherline"]
[/TR]
</tbody><tbody class="date" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 11.039999961853px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;">[TR]
[TD="class: bdt, colspan: 27, align: center"]Tuesday, Jun 16, 2015 - NBA Basketball Game[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody><tbody class="event" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 11.039999961853px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;">[TR="class: h2hSeq firstline"]
[TD="class: col_time bdevtt, align: center"]09:10 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: col_rotno bdevtt, align: center"]711[/TD]
[TD="class: col_teamname bdevtt"]Golden State Warriors[/TD]
[TD="class: info bdevtt"]
[/TD]
[TD="class: checkboxes bdevtt2"]<input type="checkbox" class="oddsselection" cfg="{'type':'h2h','selId':'G|Basketball|NBA|0|POSTUP|.|297562745|S|SHW|Golden State Warriors','selObj':{'gt':'G','str':'POSTUP','prf':'.','mkt':'S','selTyp':'SHW','tmId':'Golden State Warriors'},'a':-110,'d':1.909,'h':-4.5,'dh':'-4½','aorg':-110,'dorg':1.909,'horg':-4.5,'dhorg':'-4½','av':0,'dv':0,'rno':711}" value="G|Basketball|NBA|0|POSTUP|.|297562745|S|SHW|Golden State Warriors" style="margin: 0px;">[/TD]
[TD="class: hdcp bdevtt, align: center"]-4½[/TD]
[TD="class: odds bdevtt displayOdds, align: center"]-110[/TD]
[TD="class: info bdevtt"]o[/TD]
[TD="class: checkboxes bdevtt2"]<input type="checkbox" class="oddsselection" cfg="{'type':'h2h','selId':'G|Basketball|NBA|0|POSTUP|.|297562745|M|MLHW|Golden State Warriors','selObj':{'gt':'G','str':'POSTUP','prf':'.','mkt':'M','selTyp':'MLHW','tmId':'Golden State Warriors'},'a':-190,'d':1.526,'h':0,'dh':'','aorg':-190,'dorg':1.526,'horg':0,'dhorg':'','av':0,'dv':0,'rno':711}" value="G|Basketball|NBA|0|POSTUP|.|297562745|M|MLHW|Golden State Warriors" style="margin: 0px;">[/TD]
[TD="class: odds bdevtt moneylineodds displayOdds, align: center"]-190[/TD]
[TD="class: checkboxes bdevtt2"]<input type="checkbox" class="oddsselection" cfg="{'type':'h2h','selId':'G|Basketball|NBA|0|POSTUP|.|297562745|L|TTOV|','selObj':{'gt':'G','str':'POSTUP','prf':'.','mkt':'L','selTyp':'TTOV','tmId':''},'a':-110,'d':1.909,'h':195,'dh':'195','aorg':-110,'dorg':1.909,'horg':195,'dhorg':'195','av':0,'dv':0,'rno':712}" value="G|Basketball|NBA|0|POSTUP|.|297562745|L|TTOV|" style="margin: 0px;">[/TD]
[TD="class: mktdesc bdevtt"]Ov[/TD]
[TD="class: hdcp bdevtt, align: center"]195[/TD]
[TD="class: checkboxes bdevtt2"][/TD]
[TD="class: mktdesc bdevtt"][/TD]
[TD="class: smlhdcp bdevtt, align: center"][/TD]
[TD="class: odds bdevtt, align: center"][/TD]
[TD="class: odds bdevtt, align: center"][/TD]
[TD="class: info bdevtt"][/TD]
[TD="class: addMktIcn bdevtt"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: otherline"]
[TD="class: col_rotno bdevtt, align: center"]712[/TD]
[TD="class: col_teamname bdevtt"]Cleveland Cavaliers[/TD]
[TD="class: info bdevtt"][/TD]
[TD="class: checkboxes bdevtt2"]<input type="checkbox" class="oddsselection" cfg="{'type':'h2h','selId':'G|Basketball|NBA|0|POSTUP|.|297562745|S|SAW|Cleveland Cavaliers','selObj':{'gt':'G','str':'POSTUP','prf':'.','mkt':'S','selTyp':'SAW','tmId':'Cleveland Cavaliers'},'a':-110,'d':1.909,'h':4.5,'dh':'+4½','aorg':-110,'dorg':1.909,'horg':4.5,'dhorg':'+4½','av':0,'dv':0,'rno':712}" value="G|Basketball|NBA|0|POSTUP|.|297562745|S|SAW|Cleveland Cavaliers" style="margin: 0px;">[/TD]
[TD="class: hdcp bdevtt, align: center"]+4½[/TD]
[TD="class: checkboxes bdevtt2"]<input type="checkbox" class="oddsselection" cfg="{'type':'h2h','selId':'G|Basketball|NBA|0|POSTUP|.|297562745|M|MLAW|Cleveland Cavaliers','selObj':{'gt':'G','str':'POSTUP','prf':'.','mkt':'M','selTyp':'MLAW','tmId':'Cleveland Cavaliers'},'a':165,'d':2.65,'h':0,'dh':'','aorg':165,'dorg':2.65,'horg':0,'dhorg':'','av':0,'dv':0,'rno':712}" value="G|Basketball|NBA|0|POSTUP|.|297562745|M|MLAW|Cleveland Cavaliers" style="margin: 0px;">[/TD]
[TD="class: odds bdevtt moneylineodds displayOdds, align: center"]+165[/TD]
[TD="class: checkboxes bdevtt2"]<input type="checkbox" class="oddsselection" cfg="{'type':'h2h','selId':'G|Basketball|NBA|0|POSTUP|.|297562745|L|TTUN|','selObj':{'gt':'G','str':'POSTUP','prf':'.','mkt':'L','selTyp':'TTUN','tmId':''},'a':-110,'d':1.909,'h':195,'dh':'195','aorg':-110,'dorg':1.909,'horg':195,'dhorg':'195','av':0,'dv':0,'rno':712}" value="G|Basketball|NBA|0|POSTUP|.|297562745|L|TTUN|" style="margin: 0px;">[/TD]
[TD="class: mktdesc bdevtt"]Un[/TD]
[TD="class: hdcp bdevtt, align: center"]195[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Not playing Mozgov more is just stupid. Blatt is trying to be too cute

Stephen a smith has a point. Do the cavs really want to endure anymore of this wear on their bodies?

So he's not playing Mozgov for defensive purposes? Does he not realize they need to score points vs the warriors?

The Warriors have absolutely destroyed the cavaliers in the 4th quarter this series. No reason it stops in game 6. Will definitely be on that. Only way I see that losing is if the Warriors are up 20 to start the 4th.

I'll have a separate thread breaking this down further but Blatt is the worst coach to be in the finals... perhaps ever.

His attempt to copy cat going small and allow GSW get to their pace was laughable. It took Lebron's amazing/best game of the finals to keep them close and it still was not enough.

Mozgof is a top tier big in this league and they benched him making the team essentially a 6 man rotation.

He brought 3 timeouts into the final 2 minutes. He should be getting rest via these TO's.

And his love affair with Delly is how the Cavs, Blatt, and Delly himself will end up. Losers without jobs and/or big changes coming.

I'm sure this guy is good at coaching a fringe NBA talent player or 2 in the 7th best league in the world but he's way over his head... going all the way back to trying to pull a C Webb. Hebron doesn't respect him and the Cavs fans deserve better than a Mike Brown 2.0. Hello Ty Lue next year.

blatt.jpg

I'll have a separate thread breaking this down further but Blatt is the worst coach to be in the finals... perhaps ever.

His attempt to copy cat going small and allow GSW get to their pace was laughable. It took Lebron's amazing/best game of the finals to keep them close and it still was not enough.

Mozgof is a top tier big in this league and they benched him making the team essentially a 6 man rotation.

He brought 3 timeouts into the final 2 minutes. He should be getting rest via these TO's.

And his love affair with Delly is how the Cavs, Blatt, and Delly himself will end up. Losers without jobs and/or big changes coming.

I'm sure this guy is good at coaching a fringe NBA talent player or 2 in the 7th best league in the world but he's way over his head... going all the way back to trying to pull a C Webb. Hebron doesn't respect him and the Cavs fans deserve better than a Mike Brown 2.0. Hello Ty Lue next year.

Have to say .... he benched the one player that was consistently showing up on the offensive side of the ball to give Lebrick some help. I don't understand Blatt ... Kerr waited to adjust after three games .. one game goes bad and Blatt does this?

I don't think he is the worst coach in finals history or anywhere close... but his handling of the big white hope has been awful

I agree spek but who is going to play the point instead of delly?

Curry just kills them when Bron is not on him...but Bron can't do everything. Jr Smith hit his last shot in the second quarter. A 3. He finished with 14. That's what he had at end of first half.

Bron needs another offensive option..mozgov opens up a lot on both sides of floor.

I wonder how much Bron is running the show? I don't get the sense he respects or likes mozgov any more than blatt.

I mean their two wins are basically Delly mugging Curry with great defense and no whistles coupled with offensive rebounds. Don't understand going small... just highlighting where GSW are best and you are worst. Seemed like a panic move based off one bad game. Also, it is just dumb to get involved in a faster pace game with more possessions when you are the vastly inferior team on paper. Slow that shit to a Princeton crawl.

Curry just kills them when Bron is not on him...but Bron can't do everything. Jr Smith hit his last shot in the second quarter. A 3. He finished with 14. That's what he had at end of first half.

Bron needs another offensive option..mozgov opens up a lot on both sides of floor.

I wonder how much Bron is running the show? I don't get the sense he respects or likes mozgov any more than blatt.

Lebron seemed willing to set Mozgov up when they were on the court together. I mean . .... it is still just Mozgov. Agree that he opens opportunities on both sides of the floor for the cavs

Yeah.. Curry, iggy, draymond, Barnes aren't afraid to go right at them in the paint. Its just odd to not have mozgov in there for defense as well.

He calls him Timo if that means anything.

Think he respects him.

How do we know LeBron didn't make the 'Let's go small' adjustment which was the only one they could really make.

Cavs are just too worn down in the 4th, doesn't matter who's on the floor. Their 4th quarter efficiency numbers speak for themselves.

He did vk, but I dunno.. He don't look like he likes that white boy. I could be wrong. Yells at the dude a lot.

Lebron is clearly the point so I would run Lebron, Shump, JR, Thompson, Moz. With Delly/Jones coming off to spell for minutes at a time.

Like most players with Lebron there is no true point but just another spot up guy. Delly can't create and 2/9 5 points in 41 minutes is hard to imagine.

Just can't understand the 9 minutes for Moz. I do agree that Lebron also doesn't respect him but I've never valued Lebron's talent evaluation. He pushed for guys like James Jones (OK), Marion, Mike Miller, Perk, etc. to join this team.

Wow, let's talk about the GM of this team. You get gifted the #1 pick and get K Love. OK, so you did nothing there.

You have a championship squad and you add...

Mike Miller, James Jones, Marion, Perkins, Haywood.

I would rather have these years last 5 second rounds picks.

It was definitely a panic move. If game 4 wasn't such a lopsided result maybe he wouldn't have went small.

Lets not forget though. If the Warriors had any previous finals experience this wouldn't get per Game 5. Lebron is the best player in the world. Not sure if he'll win MVP or not. Hopefully AK hedges his prop lol

James Jones getting 15+ minutes just cracks me up. I know people need breathers but that dude is like 93.

He did vk, but I dunno.. He don't look like he likes that white boy. I could be wrong. Yells at the dude a lot.

Magic yelled at Vlade
Michael yelled at Paxson
Nash yelled at Grant Hill

Lots of guys like white boys they yell at

Back