My take on the BIG-12 title tie-break situation

As an unbiased (observer) Oklahoma Sooners are the best team in the B12, imo any other team would have faded after that kickoff return for a TD. To score over 50 at Stillwater is retarded.

McCoy had the game of his life against Oklahoma back in October...not taking anything away from him or Texas..but I think Texas had a LOT of things go their way that day.

Like I said, a case can be made for both teams...just my opinion that Oklahoma is better right now.

Now over 60 as I type this...

Oklahoma is better now than they were when Texas beat them by double digits as the number 1 team in the country? That's pretty interesting.

Oklahoma is better now than they were when Texas beat them by double digits as the number 1 team in the country? That's pretty interesting.

Yep, pretty tough to win a game with your best defensive player out for the second half of that game...they have adjusted..and although they did give up quite a bit of points tonight, they made the stops like they had to...just my opinion man.

Yep, pretty tough to win a game with your best defensive player out for the second half of that game...they have adjusted..and although they did give up quite a bit of points tonight, they made the stops like they had to...just my opinion man.

Texas was missing the following players when it lost to Tech...

Blaine Irby (its only viable TE), Quan Cosby, Brian Orakpo for a half, Chykie Brown its best corner.

And if you think Ryan Reynolds is ou's best defensive player, you're Brent Musberger. Ryan Reynolds is/was an above average LB, nothing more.

Hey man, it's just my opinion.

I know you are a UT fan and nothing sways you guys so I guess I will just stop.

If I'm a coach in the SEC I vote Texas Okie may give them a battle Texas won't

Texas has a much better defense than okie, and it ain't close. We also have a Heisman caliber QB.

We've beaten the best offensive teams in college football and we'd defend the hell out of anything the SEC put on the field. Offensively, we can score on anyone. We'd beat Florida. Bring it.

Hey man, it's just my opinion.

I know you are a UT fan and nothing sways you guys so I guess I will just stop.

My argument would stand if I was a fan of the Toronto Argonauts. A rational person cannot make a claim for ou to go to the conference championship game over Texas. It simply can't be done. I appreciate your time and effort.

My argument would stand if I was a fan of the Toronto Argonauts. A rational person cannot make a claim for ou to go to the conference championship game over Texas. It simply can't be done. I appreciate your time and effort.

So he cant state an opinion. Its not like he said Oklahoma would win and thats a fact. If we go by Texasfight rules we might as well fuck this thread and maybe this whole forum because opinions apparently dont matter

You LOST to TEXAS TECH case closed You let their O-line push you around in the 1st half The same Texas Tech who struggled against Baylor and the Aggies they were behind in both games at the half

We'll see hopefully both Okie and Texas will have a worthy opponent in the bowl games

You LOST to TEXAS TECH case closed You let their O-line push you around in the 1st half The same Texas Tech who struggled against Baylor and the Aggies they were behind in both games at the half

We'll see hopefully both Okie and Texas will have a worthy opponent in the bowl games

Now there's a slice deep into the woods. Texas lost to Texas Tech in the fourth game of a scheduling guantlet that hasn't been duplicated since 1943. We beat Oklahoma by double digits on a neutral field when both teams were fresh. Try again.

Yep, consider yourself more intelligent than every talking head out there and some on this board. Context of scheduling has been overlooked in this argument, and it's ridiculous. Even more ridiculous, is the fact that some on this board, those that ostensibly cap games based on situations and scheduling, fail to mention the guantlet that Texas ran in October.

Thanks, I wish it meant more because the media is that stupid. Honestly this isn't a conversation to me, and I actually think most of you Texas guys would think OU should be in the game if the situation were reversed. Most Texans are very consistent with thought process and are intellectually honest people. That's why I love Texans.You guys have too much pride to argue for an idea you don't actually believe in, even if it benefitted something you like.

People also fail to consider context as well.Texas played like ass(for their ability)for three quarters on the road against a very good football team while in the final week of a four week gauntlet, rallied in the fourth and lost in the final seconds. Tech took their beatdown like lambs to the slaughter

Oklahoma lost in their annual Super Bowl to other team in question. Maybe Oklahoma beats Texas if they play today, who knows. That absolutely shouldn't matter in this case because when they played, Texas won. If they played 10 times, each side probably wins five times. In the one time they played that mattered, the Horns won.Texas should go.

Oklahoma is in the end of a 3 week gauntlet..see, we can go back and forth..it doesn't matter.

Hey Texasfight...

check out the shades brah..they suit you just perfect my man!

Hey hunt, this guy would make a better argument...

2007_08_07clown.jpg

Thanks, I wish it meant more because the media is that stupid. Honestly this isn't a conversation to me, and I actually think most of you Texas guys would think OU should be in the game if the situation were reversed. Most Texans are very consistent with thought process and are intelectually honest people. That's why I love Texans.You guys have too much pride.

People also fail to consider context as well.Texas played like ass(for their ability)for three quarters on the road against a very good football team while in the final week of a four week gauntlet, rallied in the fourth and lost in the final seconds.

Oklahoma lost in their annual Super Bowl to other team in question. Maybe Oklahoma beats Texas if they play today, who knows. That absolutely shouldn't matter in this case because when they played, Texas won. Texas should go.

Its called being a fan of a team, Texas fans would be reacting the same way as OU fans as would any fans for any football team if they were put in the same situation and you could not blame anyone. Its simple, you guys can call the media stupid, you guys can call the computer system stupid. But the media and the computers are the ones who decide it. Even if Oklahoma fans started saying, oh yeah Texas deserves it. Would that matter? Hardly. Texasfight you can say that any rationale person can see that Texas deserves to go, well then unfortunately for you, that is not the system in place and the media isnt your definition of rationale. The system is that losing earlier in the season is better then losing later. Thats the way it goes.

Its called being a fan of a team, Texas fans would be reacting the same way as OU fans as would any fans for any football team if they were put in the same situation and you could not blame anyone. Its simple, you guys can call the media stupid, you guys can call the computer system stupid. But the media and the computers are the ones who decide it. Even if Oklahoma fans started saying, oh yeah Texas deserves it. Would that matter? Hardly. Texasfight you can say that any rationale person can see that Texas deserves to go, well then unfortunately for you, that is not the system in place and the media isnt your definition of rationale. The system is that losing earlier in the season is better then losing later. Thats the way it goes.

Head to head by double digits on a neutral field big daddy. You must not be a fan of playoff.

Head to head by double digits on a neutral field big daddy. You must not be a fan of playoff.

Do you read? Am I the media? All I was saying is that its the system in place?

BTW are you one of those guys that rarely smiles, I have yet to see you say a positive word towards anyone on this board and you love to call people stupid or irrational

Looking back that scheduling gauntlet doesn't seem that impressive now.

You played 2 3 loss teams

Pretty obtuse of you to ignore the first game of that guantlet. But I understand considering your argument goes tits up the second that you do mention it.

Texas Tech, Okie State, and Mizzou if they play them. Okie State was off a bye, at home, at night...AFTER Oklahoma supposedly wasted all that emotion last week they destroyed Okie St.

Texas; 4 weeker was with these SAME 3 teams above and Oklahoma...

Do you read? Am I the media? All I was saying is that its the system in place?

BTW are you one of those guys that rarely smiles, I have yet to see you say a positive word towards anyone on this board and you love to call people stupid or irrational

I'm a smile on the inside kind of guy. WTF?

Texas Tech, Okie State, and Mizzou if they play them. Okie State was off a bye, at home, at night...AFTER Oklahoma supposedly wasted all that emotion last week they destroyed Okie St.

Texas; 4 weeker was with these SAME 3 teams above and Oklahoma...

And you continue to leave out the most important component.

Yeah Texasfight, why not just put Texas Tech in the Big 12 Championship, they beat Texas. Is that when you tell us it was on the road?

By your logic, Texas Tech MUST be ranked ahead of you then. THEY MUST There is no other answer

Really, after I just talked about strength of schedule and context of schedule. Again, one team won their round robin on a neutral field, the other two won their games at home. Try again.

Although TT is part of a three-way tie, they are no longer part of the discussion thanks to the BCS. It really is a two-way tie between OU and Texas and Texas won the head to head. If you're (not you specifically, but anyone) is going to make the argument that we already have a week to week playoff system, then head to head matters most. Otherwise, we don't have a week to week playoff system.

I know. TT beat us. But the BCS doesn't care about that, for right or wrong.

This whole thing comes down to only 2 teams: OU and Texas.

One thing voters should be concerned about is OU's defense. Besides a great performance against TT, they gave up 41 to Okie Lite and did not have an answer for them late. They also gave up 45 to Texas, 31 to Kansas, and 35 to KSU. Hell, they even gave up 28 to A&M. A&M matched that number once and surpassed it only twice (30 to KSU and 49 to ISU).

While we are looking at who voters should put ahead of who--not based on a head to head matchup--scoring defense should be looked at just as much as offense. Texas has the #4 scoring offense in the Big XII averaging just under 44 ppg. OU has the #1 scoring offense in the conference averaging over 52 ppg. Texas has the #1 scoring defense in the Big XII averaging 19 ppg (the only team averaging under 20 ppg in conference. OU has the #3 scoring defense in the conference averaging 23 ppg.

Some might say that these differences are negligible or that OU is still outperforming Texas. However, factor in that Texas' strength of schedule is #1 (according to CBS Sportsline prior to this week's games) and OU has the #4 schedule in the country. Also Texas did not play a D-1AA opponent or CFB doormat Washington this year. Even FAU, UTEP, and Arkansas won more game and more conference games than Washington.

Sure, this is all argument, but I start with the fact that the BCS eliminated TT already and in the head to head matchup, Texas goes. After that, looking at stats measured against strength of schedule, Texas still has the edge.

You have an obvious bias and you are cheering for your team, the people supporting Oklahoma have nothing to do with either. At least I know me and Hunt dont. Anyway we shall see what happens in about 15 hours

Deteriorating . stay on point. clown pictures and medicine prescriptions can be left out of the conversation. keep it civil guys.

And Texasfight smiles all the time. I know , he is my best friend and has been since the eighties. One of the funnest people you will ever meet. Just passionate about Texas football.

And Huntdog is a fair guy and deserves to be treated as such.

just keep it on point guys and wihtout personal attacks. Texas deserves to go and ou doesn't. hehe.

So, if you can use the BCS to rule out TT, then the BCS will have it correct no matter who is there tomorrow afternoon. I agree

Both teams have a good argument. People who are unbiased can see that. Can't wait to see how the vote comes out tomorrow.

Thanks, I wish it meant more because the media is that stupid. Honestly this isn't a conversation to me, and I actually think most of you Texas guys would think OU should be in the game if the situation were reversed. Most Texans are very consistent with thought process and are intellectually honest people. That's why I love Texans.You guys have too much pride to argue for an idea you don't actually believe in, even if it benefitted something you like.

People also fail to consider context as well.Texas played like ass(for their ability)for three quarters on the road against a very good football team while in the final week of a four week gauntlet, rallied in the fourth and lost in the final seconds. Tech took their beatdown like lambs to the slaughter

Oklahoma lost in their annual Super Bowl to other team in question. Maybe Oklahoma beats Texas if they play today, who knows. That absolutely shouldn't matter in this case because when they played, Texas won. If they played 10 times, each side probably wins five times. In the one time they played that mattered, the Horns won.Texas should go.

There it is, the diamond in the rough. I remember all of those years in the early 2000's when we lost to ou and we were out of the race in October. It always meant Texas needed the sooners to lose two games before we had a way in. Kudos to you, sir, for getting it.

RJ thats great and all but I highly doubt that voters will look into that. Voters first of all already had Oklahoma ahead of Texas in the polls. Nothing happened this week that would change that. Then the computers, the computers rank you by your losses later rather then earlier.

The fact that they gave up 41 sucks but the fact that it was the #12 team in the nation and at Stillwater will make that hardly even matter. The computer polls will more then likely put Oklahoma ahead of Texas. This is just simply how it is even though if I were a Texas fan I'd be furious but you wont be the first or last to get fucked over by the BCS

I personally think Texas gets it because of Tech's piss poor performance the last two weeks..doesn't mean I agree though.

Question. How many dumbass voters will just see the score of tonights game (20 point win) and vote for Oklahoma because they think it was an easy win?

Back