My take on the BIG-12 title tie-break situation

If Okie St. beats OU then TT is in. If its a 3 way tie its the team that has the highest ranking in the BCS poll who would go.

The coaches poll is really killing Texas right now especially the four coaches who voted OU #1.

Texas fans want OU to win but baely hoping that voters would see that Texas beat them straight up and put them ahead.

Or Texas fans want OU to lose and TT to lose (not gonna happen).

Or Texas fans want OU to lose and TT to lose to Mizzu in KC. Texas would backdoor into the title game.

Or Texas fans want FSU to beat Florida and Bama to lose to Florida so there is a rematch of OU and Texas.

I still can't believe Blake Gideon dropped that INT.

Texas fans want OU to win but baely hoping that voters would see that Texas beat them straight up and put them ahead.

Or Texas fans want OU to lose and TT to lose (not gonna happen).

Or Texas fans want OU to lose and TT to lose to Mizzu in KC. Texas would backdoor into the title game.

Or Texas fans want FSU to beat Florida and Bama to lose to Florida so there is a rematch of OU and Texas.

I still can't believe Blake Gideon dropped that INT.

I can't either but I don't want anyone to blame him for our situation. I'm sure he felt awful and this morning feels sick to his stomach.

Kid made a mistake at the worst possible time. No reason to treat him like Buckner.

If you blame Gideon, you gotta blame the 2 DBs who let Crabtree shake loose on that last play. Garrett Gilbert is going to be a beast for yall. They shouldve offered Emory Blake to compliment him though..what does yalls recruiting class look like for WR this year?

I think if Mizzou and Tech played in KC, Mizzou would win.

If you blame Gideon, you gotta blame the 2 DBs who let Crabtree shake loose on that last play. Garrett Gilbert is going to be a beast for yall. They shouldve offered Emory Blake to compliment him though..what does yalls recruiting class look like for WR this year?

Gideon's play was easier. The throw Harrell made to Crabtree's back shoulder was incredible.

Texas is loaded at WR. Shipley will be back for his senior season, Collins and Kirkendoll are sophomores, Williams is a RS freshman, Buckner is a true freshman, and they have three studs all redshirting this year in Hales, Monroe, and Grant. I believe all 7 of these guys were 4 & 5 star players for Rivals.

Texas only took one WR in this class and that was the best one in the state Timmons. They wanted Blake but they just don't have the numbers. They offered Blake a grayshirt but he said no thanks and he made the right call by going to Tech.

I just hope he doesn't pull a Crabtree on Texas down the road.

I dont. Mizzou is a shell of themselves from a year ago, especially on O. If OU loses and TTech goes to KC I think the line will be juicy w/ Tech getting smashed this week. Somewhere around Tech -4 and they will roll Mizzou.

The SEC has a much better way to determine the tie breaker.

In the SEC, the BCS standings similarly are used to extract a division representative from a three-way tie. Exhausting all other tiebreaker scenarios, the BCS standings are used. The highest-ranked team in the BCS standings is the winner.

"Unless," the 2008 SEC media guide states, "the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest-ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the SEC Championship Game."

Texas would be the winner under SEC rules.

In the SEC, the BCS standings similarly are used to extract a division representative from a three-way tie. Exhausting all other tiebreaker scenarios, the BCS standings are used. The highest-ranked team in the BCS standings is the winner.

"Unless," the 2008 SEC media guide states, "the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest-ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the SEC Championship Game."

Wow, that is a better tie-breaker. However, what happens when all 3 are tied within 5 of each other as I expect will happen? (#2 through #7)

Either way, controversy still exists.

There is talk on our site that when/if a scholly opens up, Blake is gone to UT. Too bad yall didnt offer Andrew Luck last year..that kid would be sick in yalls offense

There is talk on our site that when/if a scholly opens up, Blake is gone to UT. Too bad yall didnt offer Andrew Luck last year..that kid would be sick in yalls offense

I don't think so. I think the remainder of schollies will be on the defensive side of the ball and maybe OL.

Of course you like theirs better, it favors Texas.

If the shoe was on the other foot, and Texas was the one in OU's situation, you would like the BIG-12 tiebreaker just fine.

Of course you like theirs better, it favors Texas.

If the shoe was on the other foot, and Texas was the one in OU's situation, you would like the BIG-12 tiebreaker just fine.

Actually, objectively, the SEC tie-breaker is better. It takes care of pollsters arbitrarily putting one team ahead of the other and puts more emphasis on the head to head matchup result so long as, and only if, the teams are within 5 of each other.

Again, it won't resolve the South's issue because all 3 teams would be within 5 of each other and each has beaten the other.

Yeah i've heard the same that if a schollie opens up that Blake will get the offer. Texas also is looking closely at Rex Burkhead.

Still can't believe they didn't offer Russell Shepard as a QB. Rumor was Gilbert's dad wanted his son to be the only QB offered but damn Shepard is going to be sick for LSU.

Yeah Burkhead is a mini Wes Welker. Read that he is a Nebraska lean. I don't see what Nebraska has that these recruits love. Burkhead, Jeremiah Sirles, Chris Williams...Sherpherd had 300 rushing yards last night vs. Elsik, I believe. His passing ability is terrible though.

SHSU- What are you hearing on McFarland? As an OU fan, it's hard for me to say OU should be ahead of UT b/c of what happened in Dallas. Should be an interesting week ahead of us.

Actually, objectively, the SEC tie-breaker is better. It takes care of pollsters arbitrarily putting one team ahead of the other and puts more emphasis on the head to head matchup result so long as, and only if, the teams are within 5 of each other.

Again, it won't resolve the South's issue because all 3 teams would be within 5 of each other and each has beaten the other.

Exactly. The AP voters always have their ballots made public and some idiot writer in Oregon had OU ranked #2 and Texas ranked 7th behind a two loss Ohio St. that hasn't beaten anyone.

That is a pretty significant point swing in OU's favor. Now its going to be down to politics in the coaches poll. Bob Stoops got his vote taken away for shading voting last year so how would you Sooner fans feel if Brown voted Texas #1 and didn't rank OU? That would be a 25 point swing in Texas favor.

Its wrong to do it but he has the power to. That's why the SEC tiebreaker is better. TT is out of the equation for the MNC game. They got blown out vs a great team when not playing in Lubbock which has always been the norm for them.

Its between Texas and OU and Texas beat them. The SEC tiebreaker makes complete sense.

SHSU, you know the AP isn't in the BCS right?

BCS is out. UT 2 and OU 3. very close.

Yes I know that. I'm using their poll as an example right now since they are the only ones who have each voters poll public.

Right now we don't know which 4 coaches voted OU#1 and we also don't know if any bias is being involved like Spurrier having OU #1 and Texas #10 or even Mack Brown putting OU low on purpose.

This thing is that close and every vote is going to get scrutinized bigtime. This happened when Texas passed Cal a couple of years ago because voters starting getting called out on their ballot and had to make changes to their final ballot.

I believe that year some writer in Alabama had Texas like 13th and Cal #4 and he got bombarded. He ended up changing his final vote.

And OU will pass Texas next week if they beat Okie St. The big factor is going to be how the coaches vote since that is where the biggest margin is at.

There is going to be some big time politicking going on this week especially that Mack Brown just saw OU get 4 #1 votes.

Texas has 5 coaches it could easily sway due to ties to the university or Mack Brown.

Yeah Burkhead is a mini Wes Welker. Read that he is a Nebraska lean. I don't see what Nebraska has that these recruits love. Burkhead, Jeremiah Sirles, Chris Williams...Sherpherd had 300 rushing yards last night vs. Elsik, I believe. His passing ability is terrible though.

Shepard is actually a better thrower then people give him credit for. The offense they run he just doesn't need to throw the ball. The kid is gonna be big time for LSU. He destroyed Lufkin yesterday.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post6056648 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_6056648 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #fdde82 1px solid">
<TABLE id=table32 style="WIDTH: 420px; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0 x:str><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 38.1pt" height=50><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 16px; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; HEIGHT: 38.1pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" height=50></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 71px; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 29px; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none">Harris
Rank</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 39px; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none">% of 2850</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 36px; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none">USA Today
Rank</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 46px; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none">% of 1525</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 60px; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none">Computer % of 100 points</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 47px; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none">Computer Rank</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 46px; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none">SCORE</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=16 height=17 x:num>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=71>Alabama</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=29>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=39 x:num="0.99614035087719299" x:fmla="=(D2/2850)">0.9961</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=36>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=46 x:num="0.99540983606557376" x:fmla="=(G2/1525)">0.9954</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=60 x:fmla="=(SUM(I2:N2)-MAX(I2:N2)-MIN(I2:N2))/100">0.970</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=47>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=46 x:num="0.98718339564758895" x:fmla="=(SUM(E2+H2+O2)/3)">0.9872</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=16 height=17 x:num>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=71>Texas</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=29>4</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=39 x:num="0.90421052631578946" x:fmla="=(D3/2850)">0.9042</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=36>4</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=46 x:num="0.89836065573770496" x:fmla="=(G3/1525)">0.8984</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=60 x:fmla="=(SUM(I3:N3)-MAX(I3:N3)-MIN(I3:N3))/100">0.960</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=47>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=46 x:num="0.92085706068449813" x:fmla="=(SUM(E3+H3+O3)/3)">0.9209</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=16 height=17 x:num>3</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=71>Oklahoma</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=29>3</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=39 x:num="0.91157894736842104" x:fmla="=(D4/2850)">0.9116</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=36>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=46 x:num="0.92590163934426228" x:fmla="=(G4/1525)">0.9259</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=60 x:fmla="=(SUM(I4:N4)-MAX(I4:N4)-MIN(I4:N4))/100">0.900</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=47>3</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=46 x:num="0.91249352890422786" x:fmla="=(SUM(E4+H4+O4)/3)">0.9125</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=16 height=17 x:num>4</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=71>Florida</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=29>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=39 x:num="0.92771929824561405" x:fmla="=(D5/2850)">0.9277</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=36>3</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=46 x:num="0.91868852459016392" x:fmla="=(G5/1525)">0.9187</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=60 x:fmla="=(SUM(I5:N5)-MAX(I5:N5)-MIN(I5:N5))/100">0.780</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=47>6</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=46 x:num="0.87546927427859256" x:fmla="=(SUM(E5+H5+O5)/3)">0.8755</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=16 height=17 x:num>5</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=71>USC</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=29>5</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=39 x:num="0.83754385964912281" x:fmla="=(D6/2850)">0.8375</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=36>5</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=46 x:num="0.84459016393442621" x:fmla="=(G6/1525)">0.8446</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=60 x:fmla="=(SUM(I6:N6)-MAX(I6:N6)-MIN(I6:N6))/100">0.710</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=47>8</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=46 x:num="0.79737800786118296" x:fmla="=(SUM(E6+H6+O6)/3)">0.7974</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://cfn.scout.com/a.z?s=451&p=2&c=557949
<!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #fdde82 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #fdde82 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #fdde82 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #fdde82 1px solid">
user_online.gif
</TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #fdde82 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #fdde82 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #fdde82 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #fdde82 1px solid" align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Someone leaked the poll to CFN. Texas has a very small lead.

Texas needs Florida to either lose to FSU or really beat the shit out of FSU and Bama. Florida is the buffer in alot of votes for Texas and OU it would seem.

SHSU, you're letting your Houston bias show. Shepard may be great for LSU, but it will be as a RB or WR.

SHSU- What are you hearing on McFarland? As an OU fan, it's hard for me to say OU should be ahead of UT b/c of what happened in Dallas. Should be an interesting week ahead of us.

It was a little overhyped about him cheering for Texas. He cheered when Shipley took the return back for the TD but that was it.

All signs are really pointing him to OU IMO. Shipp did a wonderful job of winning his family over.

Weird situation afoot where if Florida beats Alabama, they might not jump either Texas or OU.

Computers still hate UF but wins over FSU and Bama would have to help. I can't imagine a situation where the winner of the UF-Bama game is kept out of the NC unless of course, FSU took out UF this weekend and they end up beating Bama

SHSU, you're letting your Houston bias show. Shepard may be great for LSU, but it will be as a RB or WR.

I think he is going to be a Pat White clone. Texas still made the correct choice in Gilbert but I promise they would've handled RS recruitment differently after what he has displayed with his arm this year. He has really improved.

Florida will be moved to #1 if they beat FSU and Bama in the human polls and they will move up in the computers.

The SEC winner is in unless Auburn and FSU tries to play spoiler.

It was a little overhyped about him cheering for Texas. He cheered when Shipley took the return back for the TD but that was it.

All signs are really pointing him to OU IMO. Shipp did a wonderful job of winning his family over.

I was referring to the BCS when stating it's hard for me to have OU above Texas in the BCS, b/c of what happend at the Cotton Bowl.

I do like where we stand w/ McFarland, but you can never count Mack out.

Wow, this thread...

When it comes down to Txas and OU..its fairly easy...on a nuetral field Texas one...don't care about common opponents or who did what to TT...

It's simple...

Is Texas the better team? I won't say that. I don't know.

No reason to compare common opponents when the two teams squared off.

Texas beat them on the field.

They go ahead of OU. Bottom line. No reason to even debate this.

But what about this point.

----How can you put Texas ahead of Texas Tech?????????????????????

Same logic. No debate-----Texas won vs. Oklahoma. Texas Tech beat Texas.

You shouldn't go to the BCS title game if your not a conference champion.

NONE of the Big Twelve teams should go to the title game. NONE.

Because, you can't justify it by any logic that makes any sense.

You would be undermining the importance of regular season and head to head matchups.

----USC AND PENN STATE

But what about this point.

----How can you put Texas ahead of Texas Tech?????????????????????

Same logic. No debate-----Texas won vs. Oklahoma. Texas Tech beat Texas.

You shouldn't go to the BCS title game if your not a conference champion.

NONE of the Big Twelve teams should go to the title game. NONE.

Because, you can't justify it by any logic that makes any sense.

You would be undermining the importance of regular season and head to head matchups.

----USC AND PENN STATE

Um, USC is not the conference champion if Oregon State wins. Try again. And to argue that Penn State deserves to be there over OU or UT is a joke.

This is the problem. No one knows for sure. Everyone has opinions because of their allegiance to their school or local team. Because Texas, Okie and TT have dominated the Big 12 this year and were undefeated because they played NO ONE OOC somehow this makes them so much better.

Didn't OKIE get waxed last year in their bowl game by a shitful WVA team? They did 48-28 if you don't remember the score. Texas, Missouri, Okie Lite won easily and the rest of your bowl participants were win, loss in close games.

They may be the best conference and we'll certainly find out when their best play the other conferences best. I don't want to hear that your 5th best team beat the ACC 5th best so somehow that translates into making a particular conference stronger. That's a bogus argument that the Big 10 has used the last few years after their champion OSU got throttled in the big game.

The PSU argument is not valid. Darryl Clark couldn't hold the clipboard at any of the Big 12 powers. He is terrible when forced to make plays. He is similar to Vince Young. Vince is terrible when he just can't run the ball and has to try to sustain a drive.

Hopefully we'll see Texas and Okie play USC and Florida. Then we'll have an answer. If Both Big 12 teams get WAXED, we'll know who the fraud conference was this year.

GJ--

You keep making a big deal about OOC schedules, which are made years in advance, and that somehow the Big XII is a fraud because they haven't played anyone. But somehow USC and Florida have jumped the OOC hurdle in your mind and are presumably legit. Why?

USC is the only team that played anyone decent OOC--an Ohio State team that everyone thought would be very good but actually wasn't very good until maybe mid-season and who was missing their top rusher and team leader.

Florida hasn't played anyone OOC yet until this week with Florida State.

Oklahoma played the best OOC opponents out of the 3 Big XII teams, and they also played the worst. Best--Cincy and TCU. Worst--Chattanooga and Washington.

Texas is the only team that did not play a D-1AA opponent but its' OOC schedule is lame (perhaps even weak) as it is most years--it's a big bone of contention amongst fans vs the athletic department. FAU should have been one of the best Sun Belt teams this year and a good opening tune-up, but they turned out to not be very good. UTEP and Rice are both decent CUSA teams and are on the schedule for one reason and one reason only--recruiting. Arkansas was supposed to be the marquee matchup and have been a very good but not excellent SEC team. Still they usually play us very tough. Well, Arkansas turned out to be average at best and even cancelled the 2nd game of the home and home matchup sending Texas scrambling to fill the slot with a road trip to Wyoming next year. Lame, but nobody wants to play a single game against Texas on short notice.

Tech has the lamest OOC schedule per usual filling 2 D1-AA opponents in EWU and UMass and adding in SMU and Nevada as their marquee.

Again, aside from USC's slotting of Ohio State, neither USC or Florida played a better OOC schedule than Texas or OU. And when you add in down years for both the Pac-10 (hello, MWC dominated them) and the SEC, you see that the conference schedule is actually much harder in the South.

Honestly, I don't want to see Texas or OU play USC. I don't like the matchup and I don't want to listen to USC fans who don't know shit about shit. I'd rather see 2 Big XII vs. SEC matchups in two bowls and stick USC with Utah.

come on...vince young is terrible???? it is clear you are biased against the big 12 but that is an unintelligent comment. vince young was one of the best cfb players in recent years.

don't let your blinding hate for UT and the big 12 cause you to make ridiculous comments anymore.

Bama vs. USC in the Sugar, two defensive minded coaches with over a month to prepare. Love the SEC in this spot. Tex or OK vs Fla for the NC, will be interesting.

Back