My First Play...COCKS vs. The DOGS

FADEMENOW

Pretty much a regular
Most guys know that I cap mostly the SEC...What I know best:smiley_acbe: .
Believe it or not, ended up with a winning year LY....Tuff to do in this conference....Will tail you guys on the rest....If "Ya'll" don't mind.:wacka wacka:

Don't care to start the year off with a road fav but I surely can't make myself make a play on State. High expections on this Mitchell kid and he's got the right coach to bring him along...Not particilarly liking the way SC ended the year LY but they lost only to the best in the SEC....Bama, Georgia & Aubby.... Maybe after coach beat his old team, the season was made..don't know....Beat Tenn..Ark...Fla....Vandy...Tuck..While MSU beat only Ole Piss......

Thursday nite game and I gotta bite.....

COCKS -7......

As usual,
BOL, my degenerate friends:cheers:
FADE

Good luck, Fade, there are several in here on this play with you! I think I will sit and watch this one myself.
beer.gif

den...........you know good and damn well you ain't going to just sit back and watch this blood bath:drinking: Grab u a cold one....put a hundy on it.. Hell, you're already playing 44 games....what's one more going to matter:smiley_acbe:

Fade,

Glad to see you aboard, I agree with you totally on this one next Thursday night, I believe that Spurrier will pull away from Miss. State in the 2nd half and not look back. Gamecocks by 14+ in this one. Look forward to your SEC selections this year.

:cheers:

Timh.....good to see ya around, dude!!
Just got done watching some films of practice on crimsontradition.com....
Dude, Looking good....3 TD's last scrimmage...Smmmmmooooooooooth
I tried to tell pags we are loaded at the RB position....Mr. Mississippi from LY..#9...Terry Grant...boy this kid can move...#5 Roy Upchurch.....#10 Jimmy Johns...He said in his interview....you got Darby for speed...Upchurch for quickness/slash runner...Then you got "ME"......Oh yeah..got 2 FB's...Ron McClain & Tim Castile...By the way......Which QB you talking bout??? JP or Jimmy Burns from California???....
Ready to get this party started....Bring on the "BOWS".......

clark.....I'm thinking it's a no brainer!!

Fade I was thinking JP, as he was projected as the starter. Is that the case? Agree RB situation looks good from everything I have read. What's your read on the defense so far? Where are you projecting them to finish in the West? Looks like a great league as always.

The line is droppin .. This is a huge trap game in my opinion. The 2 sec geniuses on different sides. Right now its just a lean, but i see value in the Miss st Moneyline.

well dadgum.

if Fade says USC is the play, it is the play. so be it.

this is one conference I never have to cap. (although I do have leans. hint, hint.) Fade does it for me.

Yeah... why is this liine going down? Miss St will bring some hot fire to this game.. will it be enough? I think I'll enjoy watching it from the outside and hoping the other favs I like (BC/Ball.. and more importantly ISU and NW) do their thing.

Timh....One thing JP brings to the plate is his ability to roll out of the pocket...We all know Brodie could'nt do that....One scrimmage was something like 13-20 3 TD's , 1 INT.....I was impressed with his play LY in what little he played....Been along time since we've seen a "GREAT" QB at Bama....Some small talk around the water cooler is that this kid could break a few of the passing records...

T-Bone...Welcome to the gig, my little sawwed off buddy:wacka wacka:

abcs...A whole 1/2 point....To each his own...St. may be better on D but no Norwood in the backfield... Wins LY...Ole Piss...Tulane & Murray St. They have them pegged to finish at the bottom of the west once again...

Tarheel....Thanks, bro for the kind words....This is by no means a homer play, just gotta get some action....Hope we start the year off 1-0....I'm glad the Cock bunch is in the East...Spurrier will have this bunch up there with Georgia, Florida and Tenn before long...He beat 2 of them LY and gave UGA all they wanted at their place....

Inspekdad....You are correct.....How many games has "FIRE" won??<g>
Still don't have the athletes @ MSU just yet...

Timh....About the D and finishing in the West....We did lose alot of profile players....Dave Raider made a comment the other day that he was ready for the Bows...He was tired of going up against this "STEELE CURTAIN"..So, there you go....
Finishing in the West...Well, we all know about Aubby and Brandon Cox...
This kid had a suck-ass game his first aginst GT and has improved every weekend since...Irons is a stud and the OC, well let me say, I wished the hell we had him....Plus, they own us in T'Town....LSU is LSU...Scrappy bunch....and just the opposite...we own them at their house....

6 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drinking: I'm ready......

I saw it at -7.5 and when i checked it said -6.. thats more than a half

Yea i mean obviously SC is the best play but something seems too easy, which usually means a no play for me. SC plays UGA next week and they might look ahead, winning this game by a field goal..

Fire was just a reference that these boys are going to come out the gates and be ready to roll... they aren't as good as SC... no doubt...

but I remember SC really struggling on offense last season in the beginning... relying heavily on an underrated defense... Spurrier's system doesn't seem like one where he can take guys who aren't even his recruits... and have them come out of the gates a well oiled machine.

I expect a ton of blitz packages and a early battle of field position... I could see this being a 14-9 type game.

True....My thinking is one year under their belt, plus spring to learn this Spurrier O.....They are thinking Mitchell will be one of the best QB's in the SEC TY......

One of the best qbs in the sec this year.. is that saying much??

Its a down year, even leak the conferences best qb is lookin over his shoulder.. If i were to rate the qbs
I'd go
Leak
Cox -- love his upside
Either of the LSU qb's
Ainge -- tremendous upside..

This game might have 85% of the public on south carolina.. so be aware.. as of now Mississippi St 19.81%
S Carolina 80.19%
1272 Bets

Count me a s a watcher in this one as well:drinking:
Wish you the best of luck.
I'm very intereted in your bama comments. Elsewhere there's been a lot of support for Hawaii +17. I hope you'll find time to do a thread on that game or on bama's season. They sound surprisingly good from what you've posted here.:cheers:

bull.....It's the SEC and it's a tough conference to be in....Noticed ESPN has the SEC as the Top Conference in college football, AGAIN.<VBG> 6 teams plus Spurrier will be in the mix way before long...
What "MOST" people tend to forget is this bunch or Shula is only had all scholorships for two years now..First being 2004....We only got like 10-12-15- and such scholorship players up till LY....He was handed a team he only knew for 30 days before his first game...Only drawback I have with him is that he is still calling the plays, not Raider....
I don't think I've seen a pick on the Tide so far..hummmmmmmmmmmmm
And they say that a majority is on them elsewhere...Johnny Q Public......
Raider said he is ready for Hawaii...He's tired of going against this "Steele Curtain" as he called the Bama D....Take it for what it's worth.<g>

I'll post my other SEC picks first of next week.....

abcs..........ghhhhheeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

abcs--thelegend said:
This game might have 85% of the public on south carolina.. so be aware.. as of now Mississippi St 19.81%
S Carolina 80.19%
1272 Bets

the first week of the season it doesn't really matter...i remember so many 80% public winners last year in Week 1.

I know about bama.. i went there for 2 years
Shula blew a bunch of close games..with rookie coaching errors.
Check their wins last year, which one was impressive? the florida one ? the tenn one against a team who didnt make a bowl game? The 2 games they had to win they lost and finished 3rd in the west.. ENOUGH SAID

abcs.....You went there or not, it's evident we don't see eye to eye on Shula or Bama...You and the other several hundred rednecks here in the South don't get it and never will....Brodie was hurt and played that way...Lost our starting center...Lost Prothro...Yes alitlle conservative on play calling in the second half of the LSU game, my only gripe with him.....
One or two more years you'll be eating your words....:smiley_acbe: Maybe even this year, dude!!

Ill be eating my words? So you think bama finishes ahead of LSU or Auburn? They might finish behind Arkansas..

Im not a redneck in fact i have more college education than 94% of the state of bama which i know isn't saying much :)

Actually i just went back and looked at arkansas's sec schedule..
They will finish ahead of bama, Yes that means bama finishes 4th in the west!!

[FONT=verdana, arial, sans serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana, arial, sans serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]9/2[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Hawaii[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, sans serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]9/9[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Vanderbilt[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]9/[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]16[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]UL Monroe[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]9/23[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]at Arkansas[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]9/30[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, sans serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]at Florida[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]10/7[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Duke[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]10/14[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Ole Miss[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]10/21[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]at Tennessee[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]10/28[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]FIU[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]11/4[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Miss State[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]11/11[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]at LSU[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]11/1[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]8[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Auburn[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
I mean lets not count the joke wins over miss st, duke ole miss, fiu , vandy and hawaii then tell me what game they are gonna win? I mean out of those 5 teams maybe 1 makes a bowl!! Tell me what shulas record is against top 25 teams. Yes i realize they had injuries but all teams do.. I know a little bit more about the sec than you are giving me credit for

wow!!!!!! I have a tread about Cocks vs Dogs and it's turned into a piss match over my Tide.....Ghezzzzzzz

abcs....one more time...we are rebuilding a almost defunked, almost death penalty program here....I'll not doubt you're SEC skills nor your education...
My record speaks for itself...Let you're, by years end, do the same...COOL??????:cheers:

bull....He called and said he would take the job after Price got in trouble...

rexy...no....no..no....but HELL no...We won't go back there...The guy could recruit, though....

Ok so it seems like you are backtracking now.. at first you said maybe this year bama will cause me to eat my words.. Then you brought up the dealth penalty again. Bama regrouped last year from the probation, yes they had a few guys leave early and what not, but shulas been there a few years to bring in his guys.. Like i said if you are happy with a 4th place finish in the west then more power to you. Most of Bamas players this years are seniors.. so look for a sharp decline in wins.. and especially in quality wins. Bama was lucky to win most of the games last year, considering how big of joke their offense was with a stud qb. Even with a decent recruiting class bama still ranked behind auburn and lsu.. sorry to break it to you but this isnt bamas year nor will it be for a while!!

FADEMENOW said:
wow!!!!!! I have a tread about Cocks vs Dogs and it's turned into a piss match over my Tide.....Ghezzzzzzz

abcs....one more time...we are rebuilding a almost defunked, almost death penalty program here....I'll not doubt you're SEC skills nor your education...
My record speaks for itself...Let you're, by years end, do the same...COOL??????:cheers:

bull....He called and said he would take the job after Price got in trouble...

rexy...no....no..no....but HELL no...We won't go back there...The guy could recruit, though....

fade... no need to backtrack........ bama will be strong..... may lose a couple of the road games and maybe one home game...... but the stud qb
is easily replaced..... bama is rebuilding this is the second year of full scholarship players............finishing fourth?????????????????
shula is just now begining to get a chance to be a coach.............
a stud qb........ wow wasn't he hurt most of the time.......
the stud qb is starting this year..... i'll take seniors over the freshman we have been having to play......maybe the depth will be back.....
i think this guy is nutz..............................................abcs the legend
watch the tide roll...............:cheers:
t- bone

haha we shall see.. i mean bama does have the easiest home schedule in the country this year, so any loss at home would be shocking.

Glad to see you guys have strong roots to your school, even if your opinions are blinded.

Look what I found on page 4...........:smiley_acbe: money;

Gotta get busy for the weekend....Not much to say the least....:down:

GIT-R-DUN

Neither team deserved a win last night. That was horrid football

Nice hit though

Back