Monday MLB Discussion Thread

i've been unable to play BAL despite leaning their way for the past two weeks it feels like, but tomorrow may be the best chance

Those wheels have to fall off eventually.. right?... right??

are we just gonna keep saying that until the season ends?

I'm not expecting them to keep it up, but offense is contagious and finally Givens is showing that he can get consistent outs for the first time since 2015. Bullpens have the highest turnover each year, with him solidifying the 8th then Hyde can plug in a fireballer to get the final three outs. If that one doesn't work, next man up

Idk it seems like the Astros and the Braves went from 100-loss teams to contenders quicker than most people expected, it's a lot easier to flip a switch from trying to lose for picks to trying to be competitive rather than being a middling club like CHW trying to win a division

Bo might be out about a month .

might help the defense, but huge loss to the lineup. Now the threats in the lineup are even more inconsistent (Vladdy, Biggio top the list) since Bichette may have been the most trustworthy

I mean today's lineup, who are you afraid of? They also don't work counts at all and swing at pretty much everything, Cobb could go deep tomorrow after watching what Toussaint did to them

Those wheels have to fall off eventually.. right?... right??

Against a team no more talented than them? With my favorite starter of theirs going? I mean maybe but give me the plus money all day, those kids don’t know they supposed to lose. If jays sweep them I’ll tip my cap and pay to see it.

might help the defense, but huge loss to the lineup. Now the threats in the lineup are even more inconsistent (Vladdy, Biggio top the list) since Bichette may have been the most trustworthy

I mean today's lineup, who are you afraid of? They also don't work counts at all and swing at pretty much everything, Cobb could go deep tomorrow after watching what Toussaint did to them

Cobb could have a fantastic game vs this lineup, they gonna be beating shit into the ground or swing over top of splitters he buries.

Will find myself on the Stros yet again tomorrow. Stros 5th best wRC+ against lefties. Still not sold on Freeland.

And just for good measure, wanna guess who sporting the highest ops in baseball against lefties right now?

Will find myself on the Stros yet again tomorrow. Stros 5th best wRC+ against lefties. Still not sold on Freeland.

very R lineup, but Freeland is starting to look like he did in the past. Never gonna be a high K guy, but the Crawford boxes are scary for R popups

Bud Black saying he's got no closer after Diaz really struggled for the umpteenth time in a row. Estevez should have been the guy, but got lit up Saturday and took a line drive off his forearm and heads for X-rays. Not sure there's anything to be done there with mY COL lean

Give me the cards/cubs gm 1 under 6.5 (7 innings). Hendricks will be tough on us like he always is, I doubt cubs will even have to use their pen. This takes a small leap of faith hoping kk is ready to go but I think if he is he gonna be very tough on teams that havnt seen him, word is he was owning cards hitters all thru camp and while that no huge achievement I do think his stuff was nasty in spring when I saw him and until teams get a look at him gonna prob struggle. I think cards used their garbage relievers yesterday saving them for this series, I doubt Kim be able to go more than 4-5 but should see Reyes (who looked fantastic other day) and the other good pen guys. Slight wind in and not hot in Chicago so this feels like a 3-1 type of game to me.

Give me the cards/cubs gm 1 under 6.5 (7 innings). Hendricks will be tough on us like he always is, I doubt cubs will even have to use their pen. This takes a small leap of faith hoping kk is ready to go but I think if he is he gonna be very tough on teams that havnt seen him, word is he was owning cards hitters all thru camp and while that no huge achievement I do think his stuff was nasty in spring when I saw him and until teams get a look at him gonna prob struggle. I think cards used their garbage relievers yesterday saving them for this series, I doubt Kim be able to go more than 4-5 but should see Reyes (who looked fantastic other day) and the other good pen guys. Slight wind in and not hot in Chicago so this feels like a 3-1 type of game to me.

Like it

I knew nothing about the Cards P so thanks for providing that

He looked filthy in spring when I saw him, lived around 93-94 with wipeout slider. Heard nothing but good things during camp but then cards tried to stupidly make him a closer which something he never done, after closing Final exhibition game and looking good when asked to close gm1 he looked awful and was very lucky Pirates hit into outs. I’m pretty confident in saying that had more to do with asking him to pitch in the pen on different schedule than ever before than anything else. Obviously it tough to say how any cards are gonna look right now but the pitchers have seemed prepared just not going deep which to be expected.

are we just gonna keep saying that until the season ends?

I'm not expecting them to keep it up, but offense is contagious and finally Givens is showing that he can get consistent outs for the first time since 2015. Bullpens have the highest turnover each year, with him solidifying the 8th then Hyde can plug in a fireballer to get the final three outs. If that one doesn't work, next man up

Idk it seems like the Astros and the Braves went from 100-loss teams to contenders quicker than most people expected, it's a lot easier to flip a switch from trying to lose for picks to trying to be competitive rather than being a middling club like CHW trying to win a division
Yep, I will keep saying it. They are vastly overachieving for that team. Atlanta and Houston also had some talent coming through the system to help tide the changeover. You’re not getting the same quality with B-More but they are overachieving in a year where they don’t give a shit and don’t have fans to deal with so pressure is off of them.

Yep,

said it in the earlier thread as well after the Touki game . The kids are all swing and don’t work the pitcher and it’s feast or famine for them. But this year, up until recently, it was Cavan with the consistent plate appearances.

I want to play the under in this game, just don’t know if I trust myself. jays pen outside of Romano is hot garbage. Anthony bass doesn’t attack hitters, shun is too worried about carving corners, Dolis is a mental mess, AJ has been okay I guess?

Yep,

said it in the earlier thread as well after the Touki game . The kids are all swing and don’t work the pitcher and it’s feast or famine for them. But this year, up until recently, it was Cavan with the consistent plate appearances.

I want to play the under in this game, just don’t know if I trust myself. jays pen outside of Romano is hot garbage. Anthony bass doesn’t attack hitters, shun is too worried about carving corners, Dolis is a mental mess, AJ has been okay I guess?

I know I sound like a broken record but why ever mess with pens to play under? 1st 5 baby!

Think I may find myself on Stros over instead of ML

If you like stros to hit freeland (I’m not so confident in that but I know you are) I would prob lean to playing over as well. Kid Stros throwing k/bb ratio is not good, he has been missing barrels tho. Still with that walk rate I can’t imagine he goes more than 5 innings leaving lot of work for Stros pen vs a solid lineup.

Det/cws over 9.5.

2 of the top 5 ops vs lefties. Both pitchers making consecutive starts against these respective lineups. Boyd is allowing more balls to be barreled up this season which obviously leads to more hard contact. Both pitchers k/bb ratio far worse than last season. Feels like game both teams can score at least 5.

Had I realized we were gonna have these shadows at wrigley think I would have bet even more on this under:,,might be good thing I didn’t, bad start for Kim. Ugh.

Yep,

AJ has been decent, got burned yesterday by his RF but Borucki has been solid and i liked him a bit as a starter a couple years ago

I don't think Bass is available tonight, but who knows

the extra innings rules should make you convert all unders from full game to 1st 5 imho

I’m pretty sure I was one the originators of all unders being Ff! I changed to that last year. I never play full game unders. Couple guys I talk with were throwing fits last year about unders and I was saying I hadn’t noticed but I was playing FF’s!

This cards/cubs game going bout as expected: the fan in me would like to see cards pull it out. Small concern, so if these 7 inning double headers go “extra innings” do they start putting man on 2nd in the 8th?? Shoot I didn’t think about that! I couldn’t get a Ff line on this stupid 7 inning game, I’m assuming it popped up at some point but I wasn’t in a spot to wait around for it!

Gonna see how the Metropolitans start. Still trying to decide what I’m doing with the Astros and I’ll probably end up on Gallen like every other start of his

3 outs away from the 3-1 final (true I didn’t say which team would score 3, and if I’m being honest I woulda said cubs 3 cards 1, lol).

Gonna see how the Metropolitans start. Still trying to decide what I’m doing with the Astros and I’ll probably end up on Gallen like every other start of his

Ff under makes most sense to me in zona. Or snakes Ff, I wouldn’t want them in late innings vs Oakland voodoo magic.

I didn’t watch his last start but canning didn’t look right in his last inning vs rangers and he got ran in 4 inn. I don’t like Tyler Anderson either but Halos have pretty shitty numbers vs lefties this year for some reason? Either San Fran Ff or fg over here I thinks.

Back