Monday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 1 Mon 2024

After the 1st couple days these assholes at dk pulled way back on releasing out totals, i dunno if they trying to figure them out or just trying to give us as little time as possible to bet them!! either way i dont like it!!

Detroit baseball...

think i mentioned in the RSW thread i really liked them this year, if memory serves me right think i liked them last year too, all the pitchers got hurt tho, i tend to be a day or sometimes year early, lol. not sure how exciting beating cws is? those fuckers handed ya'll at least 2 of those games! either way if ya'll just get a little more offense i think you can win the division. Skubal been on my short list of fav young pitchers for a minute, think this his year. It gonna really piss me off if Flaherty keeps pitching like that for ya'll after he was a drain on cardinals for the last 2-3 years! wouldn't be shocking tho, he just be a new addition to former cardinals in the all star game, i think our gm goal is for the entire game to be played with former cardinals!

think i mentioned in the RSW thread i really liked them this year, if memory serves me right think i liked them last year too, all the pitchers got hurt tho, i tend to be a day or sometimes year early, lol. not sure how exciting beating cws is? those fuckers handed ya'll at least 2 of those games! either way if ya'll just get a little more offense i think you can win the division. Skubal been on my short list of fav young pitchers for a minute, think this his year. It gonna really piss me off if Flaherty keeps pitching like that for ya'll after he was a drain on cardinals for the last 2-3 years! wouldn't be shocking tho, he just be a new addition to former cardinals in the all star game, i think our gm goal is for the entire game to be played with former cardinals!
Tarik is a stud, no doubt.

The key is a good April.

The last few April's have been MISERABLE.

This sweep is so huge. I am just asking for around .500 on May 1st and I think then they take off and win 84-88 games.

dunno wtf to do with morton, before even looking at the number i was thinking he outta be a good strike out candidate vs cws sorry asses, then i see they posted a 6.5 which is pretty steep, also a lot of contradictory things i don't love, morton has owned cws which is good, he never been known as a fast starter to the season tho, march/april tend to be his worst months, id guess that gets worse the older he gets. his career daytime era more than a full run higher than night. pretty much makes his k prop no bueno. i can't see a world where i want to bet chisox even tho -300 seems redic for a starting pitcher i dont think gonna be great.

the problem wit backing cws other than the fact their lineup pretty much stinks once you get past the 5th spot the guy pitching for them today is a gas can. i think i counted one quality start in the 16 Flexon made last year! oddly enough that was against the dodgers but it was also the very end the year so chances are he wasn't facing their best lineup.

braves ff tt ov 2.5 seems like a good bet even if it kinda juicy. given what i know bout morton im tempted to just play the ff over 4.5 or game over 9.

Tarik is a stud, no doubt.

The key is a good April.

The last few April's have been MISERABLE.

This sweep is so huge. I am just asking for around .500 on May 1st and I think then they take off and win 84-88 games.

with twins starting pitching getting weaker i think there a argument ya'll match up pretty well. if buxton and lewis actually stayed healthy gotta like their lineup but those guys never stay healthy, think lewis is hurt already!! just a matter of time til buxton right next to him in trainers room. ya'll def need some the young hitters to take a big step this year but they have the talent to do so. it be a huge bonus if Beaz would suck a little less but who knows with him? half the time i swear his eyes closed at the plate!

not a clue wtf to do with the cubs game? i agree with @Wiretowire take about playing overs when they set wind based numbers at wrigley, i don't think the wind direction makes a lick of difference to Hudson success seeing how he a extreme ground ball pitcher anyways. in theory that def would mean playing the over makes sense since the wind isn't gonna be the determining factor in his success anyways. the problem he has pitched well here and scrubbies havnt exactly been swinging hot bats out the gates. no idea what we get from cubs japanese import? he looks like a stud and rockies lineup not scaring anyone away from coors. so in principal i agree w over but i dont much like it.

not a clue wtf to do with the cubs game? i agree with @Wiretowire take about playing overs when they set wind based numbers at wrigley, i don't think the wind direction makes a lick of difference to Hudson success seeing how he a extreme ground ball pitcher anyways. in theory that def would mean playing the over makes sense since the wind isn't gonna be the determining factor in his success anyways. the problem he has pitched well here and scrubbies havnt exactly been swinging hot bats out the gates. no idea what we get from cubs japanese import? he looks like a stud and rockies lineup not scaring anyone away from coors. so in principal i agree w over but i dont much like it.
I'm pretty sure the Rox lineup isn't scaring anyone even at Coors

I'm so happy baseball is back and we have mid-week afternoon baseball to pass this crappy day away faster, albeit some crap games to start.

Should be some interesting 1st games of these series tonight especially in Arizona, Houston (Do they get off the crap 0fer list?), and cleveland's matchup with seattle is intriguing along with the Giants-Dodgers rivalry (if you've never been to a Dodgers-Giants game at Chavez Ravine or in SF, I highly recommend it, it's almost like UNC-Dook in bball---tons of fights esp in LA, playoff atmosphere even in March, just have to wait til the 3rd inning in LA when the fans get off the 405 and 10 Freeways).

hudson ov 2.5 walks +105 has a little appeal. i like his over 4.5 hits but -160 kinda expensive. dude is a walk machine tho and cubs might not be hitting much yet they did walk quite a bit in texas, they were 6th in baseball last year drawing walks. hudson walked 3+ in 6 of his 12 starts last season, one of those starts was only 2 innings so really 6 of 11. so better than half, facing a team who draws a lot of walks, plus money a decent bet.

I'm so happy baseball is back and we have mid-week afternoon baseball to pass this crappy day away faster, albeit some crap games to start.

Should be some interesting 1st games of these series tonight especially in Arizona, Houston (Do they get off the crap 0fer list?), and cleveland's matchup with seattle is intriguing along with the Giants-Dodgers rivalry (if you've never been to a Dodgers-Giants game at Chavez Ravine or in SF, I highly recommend it, it's almost like UNC-Dook in bball---tons of fights esp in LA, playoff atmosphere even in March, just have to wait til the 3rd inning in LA when the fans get off the 405 and 10 Freeways).

i've always wanted to go to a game in san fran, that park looks awesome.

i was surprised to see day games today but then i realized they both chicago teams which not as unusual, don't love the crappy looking weather up there, has the total in wrigley super low, i agree w the premise they over adjust but the problem here is i lean to this being low scoring anyways! id have loved for it to be a day the wind blowing out so i could get a higher number and play under.

i like the over on the south side but don't love colder windy games for overs. not so much worried bout wind direction just that the wind makes it feel colder and hitting no fun when it chilly. of course i don't think morton old ass will enjoy pitching in these conditions either, he has a history of starting slowly in the early months, dunno if that cause he prefers warm weather or just takes awhile to get himself into the zone? either way i know the older i've got the less i like chilly! only problem he has fantastic history vs this crappy cws team, shocking to me maldonado has hit him really well, i didn't know he hit anyone well! lol

i've always wanted to go to a game in san fran, that park looks awesome.

i was surprised to see day games today but then i realized they both chicago teams which not as unusual, don't love the crappy looking weather up there, has the total in wrigley super low, i agree w the premise they over adjust but the problem here is i lean to this being low scoring anyways! id have loved for it to be a day the wind blowing out so i could get a higher number and play under.

i like the over on the south side but don't love colder windy games for overs. not so much worried bout wind direction just that the wind makes it feel colder and hitting no fun when it chilly. of course i don't think morton old ass will enjoy pitching in these conditions either, he has a history of starting slowly in the early months, dunno if that cause he prefers warm weather or just takes awhile to get himself into the zone? either way i know the older i've got the less i like chilly! only problem he has fantastic history vs this crappy cws team, shocking to me maldonado has hit him really well, i didn't know he hit anyone well! lol

San fran park is beautiful and they built up some great stuff around it. Used to be in a not so great part of town but at least in the city but now the SOMA/mission (stadium is in Mission bay area) and that whole area is booming. Went to a few with my dad on a west coast trip in the 90's to the old stick and saw Bonds and Deion in outfield which was fun but way outside from the city. Later when I lived in SF for work temp I went to a few niners games there (Kap's first game against bears-MNF). Hate they moved niners to Santa clara.

As far as the dodgers--i'm just proud of my childhood and baseball teammate from Little league-Babe Ruth in Chapel Hill NC to ECU (Clayton McCullough), who is the 1st base coach for the Dodgers. Funny thing about our LL-JR high teams, Brian Roberts (long time Orioles IF) was my SS, Clay was our 2b and I was the catcher. He was a catcher too, but funny thing i beat him out Babe ruth to high school then his stock really rose and he got the offer to ECU where we both went and he was the standout (had a decent minor league career for a bit). Should be getting a manager job soon (almost had clev job). His dad was Howard McCullough a great red sox scout that signed Nomar...so he has great baseball IQ and genes. also a great human being. I pull for the dodgers now because of him (except when they play my yanks). Excited for the nats-doyers series when i get to see Clay again as I will drive from VA to DC and beg some tix off him again. ha!

Good luck with the over. I was on the fence with it but it does look good.

i swear seems like site goes down right when i'm trying to make a post, maybe cause i post to much! lol.

tonight's card;

reds ml
abbott ov 5.5 k's
steer ov 1.5 h/r/rbi

tigers ml
olson ov 14.5 outs

cle ff
mckenzie ov 15.5 outs

tex/tb ff un 4.5
pepiot ov 5.5 k's
pepiot ov 15.5 outs

cards/pads over 8

oak ff

normally i wouldn't do outs and k's with one guy but the +130 on pepiot outs was to tempting to pass. i love the olson out total, i dont see why he doesn't give us 5 innings vs mets? mckenzie outs at plus money had to play, seattle offense isn't good, i guess my only concern he coming off injury maybe they careful with him but believe he went 6 in his last spring start so im rolling dice., phillies wanna start slow again we will play punch outs against them!

ya'll see how awesome that jap pitcher for cubs was? dunno why i didn't play his k's, we were slamming Senga early last year and think this guy better cause he looks like he has much better command!! teams gonna struggle with this guy at least until they see him a few times!! i havnt heard about steele injury but assuming he not out long scrubbies have a nasty 1-2 punch

reds and tigers gonna clip both those nl east chokers in extra innings!! fuck yes!!

we got the steer h:r/rbi prop, got the pepiot and olson out totals. hit the ff under in tampa, lost abbot and pepiot k's. so far pretty good night.

tonight's card;

reds ml
abbott ov 5.5 k's
steer ov 1.5 h/r/rbi

tigers ml
olson ov 14.5 outs

cle ff
mckenzie ov 15.5 outs

tex/tb ff un 4.5
pepiot ov 5.5 k's
pepiot ov 15.5 outs

cards/pads over 8

oak ff

normally i wouldn't do outs and k's with one guy but the +130 on pepiot outs was to tempting to pass. i love the olson out total, i dont see why he doesn't give us 5 innings vs mets? mckenzie outs at plus money had to play, seattle offense isn't good, i guess my only concern he coming off injury maybe they careful with him but believe he went 6 in his last spring start so im rolling dice., phillies wanna start slow again we will play punch outs against them!

Missed these outs. FML.

Missed these outs. FML.

damn, they were good odds too, pepiot was freaking +130, pretty sure olsen was right around even,, mckenzie +110 i think, he ain't started yet. small concern with him coming off injury but think he went 6 innings in his last spring start! seattle offense typically ain't working counts and driving up pitch counts so think he be ok.

you guys catch the cubs jap pitcher today? pissed i didn't bet his k prop! last year we killed senga props till they caught up to him, i had just saw Senga pitch in wBc tho so i knew he was nasty! didn't know bout Imanaga, he might be better than Senga! stuff wise Senga is more filthy but Senga a pain in the ass cause ya never know when his control gonna be there, this dude seemed to have pinpoint command of his heater! teams gonna struggle his 1st time around the league! i dunno how hurt steele got the other day? if he is ok cubs have themselves a legit 1-2 with steele and this jap!

some 30 year old rookie i never heard of gonna throw a no hitter his 1st start of the year?!??!

don't look now but cardinals actually scored some runs! i knew they could!! the offense should be pretty decent, it the pitching that gonna have them fighting for last place!

i think i have a 8 teamer that gonna lose cause of a's 1st 5, im gonna feel like a total retard if i seriously lose a 8 team parlay cause i put the fucking A's in it!

Insanely good day of baseball, wow, now need yanks and sox to finish off an epic night. hope everyone killed it today.

seriously pads, you gonna let this over push when all you had to do was get 3 runs off gibson and cards pen? cardinals getting 6 shoulda been freaking more than enough!

that the guy cardinals refused to trade the last several years! well him and that bum Carlson!! they have to fire Mozalock, he already has turned us into bottom feeders in the central, there no light at the end the tunnel, there not even a tunnel. every year he still here is another 3 years cardinals will stink.

i try and give pads front office some credit, they spend money and they at least try, it just a shame they don't have someone smarter making the moves! there some gm's that would kill for owners willing to spend like these guys, plenty of them have constructed way better teams with far fewer resources! all the wheeling and dealing, all the spending, and this lineup the best they could come up with? 5 thru 9 in the order look like total shit, the dude hitting behind machado is just a guy, nobody w half a brain is gonna let manny beat them. there no way this team is better than 3rd in west and my guess they will be 4th. they like the west coast version of the mets! they actually do things way different with all the constant turnover and "going for it" but when it comes to spending plenty for shit results they are basically carbon copies of each other!

Any early shit tomorrow? I pretty much gotta wake up and got to the medical tent

Any early shit tomorrow? I pretty much gotta wake up and got to the medical tent

don't think so. theresa has dr's appointments too. well, twins/milw going off at 3 my time so what that like 12-1 for you?

don't think so. theresa has dr's appointments too. well, twins/milw going off at 3 my time so what that like 12-1 for you?
11:30 thing and half way to MGM/Desert Diamond if there are games on. It's a built in excuse to go over there.

Of course if there ain't shit to bet on I'll just come back home and probably won't be over that way for at least another couple years

Back