Monday Discussion Thread

I think cards offense might have a difficult time with Cobb’s split-change. They saw him once last year and he fanned 8 in 5 innings of 1 run ball. It usually sliders I get worried for cards offense but I could see them flailing similarly at the split change. Montgomery won’t be easy for giants either,, in his career lefties have a ops below .600. Maybe a Ff under 4.5, if they come w a 4.5 for cobb k’s I could get down w that.

I don’t really love the idea of cards being road favs but this a fairly even starting pitcher matchup, cards lineup is def stronger. Im not real in tune w what giants have in the pen. Cards pen has like 2 guys I trust, Helsly had to throw 24 pitches and get 5 outs to keep the lead in Sunday’s game, he hasn’t pitched in 5 days prior so he might be ok to give them a inning. Gallegos got the save but only a 10 pitch outing so he should be good to go. Not sure I want to be involved in this game once the pens take over? Ff and or cobb k prop only 2 things I could see myself playing.

Interesting thing about the Yankees, they have lost gm1 of their last 5 series! They have came back and won gm2 in every series except the 4 game set with these twins who took 2 before yanks got 2. Not sure it means anything but it interesting, until this jays series they had come back to win all the others after dropping the 1st. They havnt won 3 straight all year but they have only lost 2 straight once to these twins. Since they lost the rubber game to jays they facing a 2 game slide here but what do we make of the twins who I thought were playing good baseball until having a awful time scoring runs vs the nats of all teams?!! Not sure what that means, if anything, but it can’t be good scoring 9 runs in 3 games vs nats below avg pitching. They did destroy Brito when they saw him in NY. You do gotta wonder if the chilly temps in minny contributed to the lack of offense over the weekend? Why in gods name they built a new stadium up there and didn’t put a retractable roof on it I’ll never know? Pretty damn stupid.

Depending where they put Sonny gray k’s gotta take a long look at him cause the Yankees have a whole bunch of swing and miss going on in their lineup! Dunno why I couldn’t post before games yesterday but I loved Guasman ov6.5 and he blew by that number striking out 11! Gotta like gray chances of fanning 6+, so many Yankees are striking out at redic clips, they one my favorite teams to pick on thus far w k props, long as your starter doesn’t get run from game early he gonna pile up k’s against them. Don’t think I want the twins as favs, gray era isn’t gonna stay below 1 forever, you would think Brito has to be better than last time but there is the possibility they just see him really well!

Sale looked way better last time out but he got roughed up by the o’s who been really strong vs lhp. Kremer didn’t fare any better when he saw the Red Sox. Crazy as it is I think I trust Kremer a little more. Balty getting plus money very tempting. Sale will strike out plenty but I dunno if he can avoid damage? This line might end up flipping. 8.5 feels low considering what both lineups did to these pitchers last time.

I havnt seen this kid Taj Bradley yet. He supposed to be the truth, he has 17k’s in 10 innings thus far! Houston played some good ball in atl, the bottom the order started getting on base which hadn’t been happening, i dunno how often it will but they been good for 4 straight games or so. I’d think Taj be able to punch out lot of those guys. How good will urquidy be? This park should suite him but man rays are raking!! Tough game but as badly I’ve talked bout Stros I’m actually inclined to lean their way getting +130 while they playing the best they have all season. Rays can’t keep winning every freaking game! They lost the series in Toronto and think this be another tough series here, only the second winning team they have faced all year. Stros won’t get swept, pretty confident in that.

I think cards offense might have a difficult time with Cobb’s split-change. They saw him once last year and he fanned 8 in 5 innings of 1 run ball. It usually sliders I get worried for cards offense but I could see them flailing similarly at the split change. Montgomery won’t be easy for giants either,, in his career lefties have a ops below .600. Maybe a Ff under 4.5, if they come w a 4.5 for cobb k’s I could get down w that.

I don’t really love the idea of cards being road favs but this a fairly even starting pitcher matchup, cards lineup is def stronger. Im not real in tune w what giants have in the pen. Cards pen has like 2 guys I trust, Helsly had to throw 24 pitches and get 5 outs to keep the lead in Sunday’s game, he hasn’t pitched in 5 days prior so he might be ok to give them a inning. Gallegos got the save but only a 10 pitch outing so he should be good to go. Not sure I want to be involved in this game once the pens take over? Ff and or cobb k prop only 2 things I could see myself playing.
Joc Pederson back tonight instantly made the Giants lineup twice as lethal not that it's saying much lol

Underrated pitching matchup in cincy. Eovaldi sporting a nice k per 9 and k:bb ratio despite the higher era, I think he handles this reds lineup. No secret I love Lodolo! After seeing crappy A’s pitching all weekend facing this kid is gonna feel like hitting against freaking Cy young! Under Ff or even full game a possibility here.

Joc Pederson back tonight instantly made the Giants lineup twice as lethal not that it's saying much lol

He mostly platoons against rhp I believe, even if he plays I wouldn’t worry much bout him vs Montgomery who tough on lefties. He could def make a impact coming in and pitch hitting vs one our shaky relievers.

Reactions: KJ
Over at Chase will be an automatic play and I know nothing about the Snakes starter. Still got the open roof for another few weeks

Keller has had a lot of walk issues, just like coors if you walk guys in zona with the roof open you usually gonna pay. Keller has never pitched in this park, you never know before a guy pitches here, I’m a firm believe some guys struggle w grip, again not good if you been having control problems.

Snakes pitcher Henry been over a 3 walk per 9 guy in minors, when he had a cup of coffee in bigs last year he walked 4 per 9. Again a recipe for a rough outing in this park with roof open. Royals offense has been abysmal tho. Maybe the fact total 9.5 despite how bad royals offense been a bit of a tell? 7 of royals last 9 games they have scored 3 or less!! Gross.

west coast trips are bad for everyone, worse for NYY BOS but still bad for most. Which Monty is the real one? First 3 starts or last one

Sale looked way better last time out but he got roughed up by the o’s who been really strong vs lhp. Kremer didn’t fare any better when he saw the Red Sox. Crazy as it is I think I trust Kremer a little more. Balty getting plus money very tempting. Sale will strike out plenty but I dunno if he can avoid damage? This line might end up flipping. 8.5 feels low considering what both lineups did to these pitchers last time.
sale gonna have to do a lot more than one night to make me think he's not a fade. Especially as a road favorite with that BOS bullpen definitely a dog vs BAL if tied late

I havnt seen this kid Taj Bradley yet. He supposed to be the truth, he has 17k’s in 10 innings thus far! Houston played some good ball in atl, the bottom the order started getting on base which hadn’t been happening, i dunno how often it will but they been good for 4 straight games or so. I’d think Taj be able to punch out lot of those guys. How good will urquidy be? This park should suite him but man rays are raking!! Tough game but as badly I’ve talked bout Stros I’m actually inclined to lean their way getting +130 while they playing the best they have all season. Rays can’t keep winning every freaking game! They lost the series in Toronto and think this be another tough series here, only the second winning team they have faced all year. Stros won’t get swept, pretty confident in that.
Bradley dominated CIN, HOU different animal but i'm not interested in fading great home team that's blazing hot and win% is even hotter

SF radio said how big of a deal it was to get him back, of course they are fans but Joc is terrifying in that park. Cost me a ton last year

Over at Chase will be an automatic play and I know nothing about the Snakes starter. Still got the open roof for another few weeks
humidor made that park an under venue for me

SF radio said how big of a deal it was to get him back, of course they are fans but Joc is terrifying in that park. Cost me a ton last year

humidor made that park an under venue for me
They've still been scoring in bunches so far this season

Bradley dominated CIN, HOU different animal but i'm not interested in fading great home team that's blazing hot and win% is even hotter

I faded them In Toronto series, granted on road, didn’t go so well playing chisox a few times but they had their asses twice and cws another crappy team and blew 2 games. I don’t love Stros this year but they plsyinh their best right now, I’ll take the plus, I’m perfectly confident in saying rays home win streak ends this series and they might drop 2, I know I can get one plus money win betting against them twice this series if need be.

sale gonna have to do a lot more than one night to make me think he's not a fade. Especially as a road favorite with that BOS bullpen definitely a dog vs BAL if tied late

Yea I agree. The problem is I dunno if balty be getting plus by morning. Clearly the better team getting plus and we on same page about sale. I’m far from sold. He will prob strike out more than his fare share but o’s should do a little damage, I can’t see him going deeper than 5 innings.

west coast trips are bad for everyone, worse for NYY BOS but still bad for most. Which Monty is the real one? First 3 starts or last one

Somewhere In between, I’ve seen enough of him since he got to stl to feel like I have a pretty good idea. I think he a 3.50-3.75 era kinda guy. Against lineup like giants I expect a quality start, 6 innings 2 runs or so. I could see cards offense flailing at Cobb’s split change all night if he on.

I faded them In Toronto series, granted on road, didn’t go so well playing chisox a few times but they had their asses twice and cws another crappy team and blew 2 games. I don’t love Stros this year but they plsyinh their best right now, I’ll take the plus, I’m perfectly confident in saying rays home win streak ends this series and they might drop 2, I know I can get one plus money win betting against them twice this series if need be.
they were dogged 3x vs TOR and had to come back in the 8th and 9th innings in 2 wins @ ATL

Somewhere In between, I’ve seen enough of him since he got to stl to feel like I have a pretty good idea. I think he a 3.50-3.75 era kinda guy. Against lineup like giants I expect a quality start, 6 innings 2 runs or so. I could see cards offense flailing at Cobb’s split change all night if he on.

i guess park helps, but idk why he's so much better in StL than NYY. NYY gave up on him and he turned into a stud after that trade

they were dogged 3x vs TOR and had to come back in the 8th and 9th innings in 2 wins @ ATL

They took 5 of 6 vs jays and Braves. That easily the best ball they have played all year. I don’t think rays are any better than either those teams. Hotter maybe but they still very much a product of schedule imo.

They took 5 of 6 vs jays and Braves. That easily the best ball they have played all year. I don’t think rays are any better than either those teams. Hotter maybe but they still very much a product of schedule imo.
sure, agree but HOU was awful to start the year so i don't think they're gonna beat all the good teams now.

Can't blame you for a 130 shot

i guess park helps, but idk why he's so much better in StL than NYY. NYY gave up on him and he turned into a stud after that trade

Well for one he gets to play weaker lineups than in the AL east, for 2 I think we see it quite a bit where a pitcher moves teams and the new team sees some things they can correct or change pitch mix to maximize him. Giants been masters at it, cards been known to do well getting more out of vets. Then there just the confidence that comes with a team believing in you compared to a team who never seemed that thrilled to have you. He was never really bad in NY, his xfip was consistently in the low/mid 3s.

sure, agree but HOU was awful to start the year so i don't think they're gonna beat all the good teams now.

Can't blame you for a 130 shot

I been super low on houston all year. I don’t think they even gonna win the west, with the Altuve injury their lineup is not deep at all but the bottom half I been dogging out has kinda gotten hot recently: I don’t think it will last but at the moment just a little balancing out from how awful they were to start year. I still like the Stros pitching, I think they kinda missing having that one Alfa guy who knows he the ace but all the guys who have came up thru their system are solid pitchers, a few w front line stuff. If they were playing the way they were 2 weeks ago I wouldn’t have even thought about, playing a little better right now I’m just looking for spots to be against the rays, there no way they keep hitting the way they have and think I’ll profit being against them going forward long as I’m selective and smart about it.

not deep at all. Still think it's one of the deepest in the game

Really? Those guys been hitting a bit the last 4-5 games but 6 thru 9’has looked like lot of easy outs and obviously they not as strong at leadoff without Altuve. But hey, you making my case for playing thrm even stronger if you correct!

Cardinals 0-7 in series openers this year.

Damn, that even worse than Yankees! Funny I noticed yanks and not them. I guess the difference is yanks still winning those series, bouncing back and winning game 2 every time except the 4 game series against twins where they lost 2 before winning 2. Cards pretty much stink all the time, lol. So far all I played is Cobb ov 4.5 k’s as I mentioned I would hit before line came out. I don’t particularly like the giants either and think Montgomery should pitch well. Pretty confident cards will swing and miss at a bunch of Cobb’s split change ups if he has it working.

Rays line keeps going up. I’m playing Astros for sure. Taj k prop at 4.5 tempting but so expensive. One these days he will struggle, don’t care how talented he is just a fact of life for a rookie pitcher. Bottom Stros lineup hot right now, I think they give him a welcome to the bigs moment.

Don’t think we can trust Lance lynn at this point, he getting knocked around a bit in every game, he still missing bats and getting strike outs but guys are hitting the ball hard and doing damage. When you rely on 3 different fastballs and you gradually losing velo as you age there gonna come a point this happens. Gotta think jays lineup can do damage.

Bassett seems to be improving every start, looking like the reliable guy he been, he not missing bats like lynn but he never been a huge swing and miss guy, he has a lot more variety and isn’t getting hit hard like lynn either. He gets to face a much easier lineup to deal with than lynn, good bet he goes 6+ and keeps cws to 2-3 runs at most. I dunno if I prefer Ff or full game? Cws pen has been a problem so might as well get the entire game in case lynn does have a solid outing. -150 it tough not to like Toronto.

Full card

Cobb ov 4.5 k’s
Edward Cabrera ov 5.5 k’s

Houston ml
Balty ml
Jays ml (parlayed with bucks ml).
Cards/giants Ff un4.5

Think that was all I played in Mlb tonight.

Cabrera just comes down to keeping his walks down and not getting blasted early, long as he has a solid start and goes 5 innings he should punch out a lot of Braves. Could be a real strikeout fest in atl tonight as I’m sure strider will punch out a ton of fish hitters, think I heard dude has some crazy streak of 9+ k’s going! I saw 8.5 earlier and thought bout it but when I went back over his number was up to 9.5, I can’t do that even tho he could easily fan 10+.

Cabrera just comes down to keeping his walks down and not getting blasted early, long as he has a solid start and goes 5 innings he should punch out a lot of Braves. Could be a real strikeout fest in atl tonight as I’m sure strider will punch out a ton of fish hitters, think I heard dude has some crazy streak of 9+ k’s going! I saw 8.5 earlier and thought bout it but when I went back over his number was up to 9.5, I can’t do that even tho he could easily fan 10+.

May try f5 under tonight. Braves offense after about #4 is really lacking right now. Braves bullpen is also leaking some oil. Played under 8 yesterday and had to hold on for dear life.

Think the Marlins starters will give the Braves offense some problems.

May try f5 under tonight. Braves offense after about #4 is really lacking right now. Braves bullpen is also leaking some oil. Played under 8 yesterday and had to hold on for dear life.

Think the Marlins starters will give the Braves offense some problems.

I was kinda surprised when I saw all the strikeouts in Braves lineup, luckily they hit the ball hard when they make contact but holy shit, Olsen has fanned 37x in 86 at bats!! Riley 26x in 82! Murphy 18x in 60! Hilliard freaking 20x in 41 AB’s! Freaking Rosario and Ozuna only fanning bout 30% the time are the guys “not striking out a ton”! Lol. Fish pitchers could absolutely shut them down if they can have some control which always tough to predict with lot of them.

I was kinda surprised when I saw all the strikeouts in Braves lineup, luckily they hit the ball hard when they make contact but holy shit, Olsen has fanned 37x in 86 at bats!! Riley 26x in 82! Murphy 18x in 60! Hilliard freaking 20x in 41 AB’s! Freaking Rosario and Ozuna only fanning bout 30% the time are the guys “not striking out a ton”! Lol. Fish pitchers could absolutely shut them down if they can have some control which always tough to predict with lot of them.
Ozuna is 4 for 51 this year. He needs to be DFA'd immediately

Ozuna is 4 for 51 this year. He needs to be DFA'd immediately

But “only” 15 k’s in those 51 abs! Lol. He got out on Braves same way cardinals were tricked into trading for him, he put up some beast numbers till he got another contract then he started not giving a shit once again. That dude is personally responsible for cardinals pitching staff being ass, we gave up fucjing Alcontera and Gallen for him!! I hate Ozuna so so much, lol.

Fish pitching staff doesn’t take a back seat to anyone when it comes to pure stuff, the problem is after Alcontera most the other guys you never know if they gonna have any control that day. Makes them a real pain in the ass to cap.

fucking O's started a game at 535, why the fuck can't this sport start games on the hour like literally every other one does

Damn, that even worse than Yankees! Funny I noticed yanks and not them. I guess the difference is yanks still winning those series, bouncing back and winning game 2 every time except the 4 game series against twins where they lost 2 before winning 2. Cards pretty much stink all the time, lol. So far all I played is Cobb ov 4.5 k’s as I mentioned I would hit before line came out. I don’t particularly like the giants either and think Montgomery should pitch well. Pretty confident cards will swing and miss at a bunch of Cobb’s split change ups if he has it working.
he can get taken out early and isn't much of a strikeout guy, but gl

Rays line keeps going up. I’m playing Astros for sure. Taj k prop at 4.5 tempting but so expensive. One these days he will struggle, don’t care how talented he is just a fact of life for a rookie pitcher. Bottom Stros lineup hot right now, I think they give him a welcome to the bigs moment.
not sure they're hot, tough competition but didn't score until the 8th ayer and had a big comeback win saturday i think too

Back