*** MLB Regular Season In-Game Thread ***

Rays need to force Irvin to work more. 42 pitches? Also doesn’t help Hamari’s strike zone is as wide as the atlantic right now.

I agree with preserving the arm. But this is the one case you let them throw another 20 pitches.

I think you guys putting more importance on it than they do. They trying to win WS and him breaking down/not performing at his best come playoffs been a long standing theme with him. I think it be crazy to have Kershaw throw more pitches than any other guy making his 1st start of the year. I’m almost positive nobody threw 100 in 1st outing this season, had it been a normal spring maybe there a stronger argument but he had only thrown 11ish innings coming in, just don’t think it would have been wise move given the circumstances and who we talking bout. I doubt he would have gotten hurt but just not worth the risk or putting the extra mileage on him so early in the year.

I also heard Kershaw say after the game he had lost his feel for the slider the last few innings, doesn’t mean he wouldn’t have finished the job but I do think it another good reason to get him out the game. Last thing they needed was him laboring in his 1st start. We talking bout a 1st ballot HOFer, is anyone gonna think any differently of his career whether he threw a perfecto or not? I can’t even name the guys who have, lol.

I think you guys putting more importance on it than they do. They trying to win WS and him breaking down/not performing at his best come playoffs been a long standing theme with him. I think it be crazy to have Kershaw throw more pitches than any other guy making his 1st start of the year. I’m almost positive nobody threw 100 in 1st outing this season, had it been a normal spring maybe there a stronger argument but he had only thrown 11ish innings coming in, just don’t think it would have been wise move given the circumstances and who we talking bout. I doubt he would have gotten hurt but just not worth the risk or putting the extra mileage on him so early in the year.
It was April 13th, 20 extra pitches to get the crowning achievement every single pitcher dreams of is not too much to ask.

I like Logan Gilbert more every time I watch him. Think he needs to incorporate a 3rd pitch more to be able to pitch deeper into games but his stuff is that of a ace.

It was April 13th, 20 extra pitches to get the crowning achievement every single pitcher dreams of is not too much to ask.

I really think you hold that achievement in higher regard than him, lol. Maybe not, who knows? I have no doubt he rather have another WS ring than throw one tho. Guy one of the best lefty pitchers ever, I honestly have no idea if the others on that list threw a perfecto or not? Had he done it by time he gets into HOF I wouldn’t have remembered whether he had one or not? lol

I like Logan Gilbert more every time I watch him. Think he needs to incorporate a 3rd pitch more to be able to pitch deeper into games but his stuff is that of a ace.

Was it me saying something or 3rd time thru lineup? Lol. Needs to have more trust in a 3rd pitch.

what a bunch of garbage this game is in shitcago, literally. trash blowing all around as the infielders chase pop ups and muff catches. amazing how a shitty location like this can make it look like you're watching a little league game instead of mlb.

Oakland takes 3 of 4 as nice sized dogs all series! Even after the fire sale they still competing tough!

I really think you hold that achievement in higher regard than him, lol. Maybe not, who knows? I have no doubt he rather have another WS ring than throw one tho. Guy one of the best lefty pitchers ever, I honestly have no idea if the others on that list threw a perfecto or not? Had he done it by time he gets into HOF I wouldn’t have remembered whether he had one or not? lol
No, it means A LOT to pitchers. Watch the Dave Stieb special and you'll get an understanding of what goes through every pitcher's heads. He's won everything else, this is the last piece of the puzzle.

No, it means A LOT to pitchers. Watch the Dave Stieb special and you'll get an understanding of what goes through every pitcher's heads. He's won everything else, this is the last piece of the puzzle.

False, he only won a Astrik World Series: not a real one after a complete season! not every pitcher thinks the same bout anything. He didn’t seem to care all that much. I think it incredibly fair to say if it was that important to him he woulda asked to stay in and I doubt he gets pulled.

False, he only won a Astrik World Series: not a real one after a complete season! not every pitcher thinks the same bout anything. He didn’t seem to care all that much. I think it incredibly fair to say if it was that important to him he woulda asked to stay in and I doubt he gets pulled.
Why would a professional athlete with a clean track record and reputation run the risk of getting emotional on camera over something that is hotly contested? He played it right. I don't think he can override that call, this isn't the NBA, or the 70s.

Why would a professional athlete with a clean track record and reputation run the risk of getting emotional on camera over something that is hotly contested? He played it right. I don't think he can override that call, this isn't the NBA, or the 70s.

Bro. He a superstar who made man in that franchise. He wouldn’t have had to get crazy bout it, I’m pretty confident if manager went to him after 7th and said that was it he could have had a conversation with him and if he was convincing stayed in. Not like Roberts is a jefkoff, I’m pretty sure that a conversation that is easily had without looking crazy on camera. Maybe Roberts not convinced and says he still gonna pull him, that happens too, wouldn’t be a big deal.

Really think you feel it more important than he did! You def think it a way bigger deal than I do! Lol. Like I said I can’t even name the guys who have thrown them! I’ve seen many a time a manager go to a proven vet pitcher between innings with idea of pulling him and pitcher convince him to stay in. It not that rare and certainly doesn’t have to be anything more than a civil chat nobody else knows about.

Edman hits a solo home run. So glad cards dumb fuck manager had him bunt in the 3rd inning after 1st 2 guys got hits! I thought we were done giving away free outs now that nl has full time DH!!! imo the only time bunting to move runners over acceptable anymore is if you down one after the 6th inning! Down a couple runs in the 3rd inning, after 1st 2 guys reach with hits, is stupid!! Of course they scored nothing after the bunt!

Edman hits a solo home run. So glad cards dumb fuck manager had him bunt in the 3rd inning after 1st 2 guys got hits! I thought we were done giving away free outs now that nl has full time DH!!! imo the only time bunting to move runners over acceptable anymore is if you down one after the 6th inning! Down a couple runs in the 3rd inning, after 1st 2 guys reach with hits, is stupid!! Of course they scored nothing after the bunt!
All good with agreeing to disagree. I normally don't get caught up in this stuff bc I understand the big picture, but for me this is the absolute one exception, especially for a guy that has done everything he can for this franchise. It's the crowning achievement for every pitcher.

All good with agreeing to disagree. I normally don't get caught up in this stuff bc I understand the big picture, but for me this is the absolute one exception, especially for a guy that has done everything he can for this franchise. It's the crowning achievement for every pitcher.

Wouldn’t be any fun if we all agreed! Long as we disagree while still being respectful of one another views it all good. I’m wrong every once in a great while so i guess it possible I am bout this! Not likely but possible I suppose!! lmfao.

“Crowning achievement for every pitcher” seems like a tiny stretch to me! Seriously how many of us can actually name the pitchers who have thrown a perfecto? I just went down list of guys I think the best pitchers in history and had no clue which of them (if any) had actually done it!! I’m sure I can’t be alone! Only 7 of the 21 pitchers who have accomplished it are in the HOF! Seems to me if it was nearly as important as you think more than half the guys who did it would be in HOF wouldnt they? The complete list is not exactly a who’s who of great pitchers! I think most would agree luck has every bit as much to do with it as skill. Nobody has thrown 2. To a man I think you would be hard pressed to find any big league pitcher who rather throw a perfecto than win a WS, get into the HOF, along with j assume lots of other achievements most would deem more important! Hell, I think making a all star game would be higher up lot of guys list, would be mine.

That's because there have been over 215,000 MLB games played all time and only 23 guys have ever done it...a 0.0001% all time chance of happening

I know, it more luck than skill. The list of who has done it pretty much proves how random it is. Hardly a crowning achievement to a guy like Kershaw, sure it is for many the no namers who have done it and didn’t accomplish much else, it a huge deal for them!

Cards continue to just destroy left handed pitching! Can’t wait to see Kershaw in playoffs! Won’t be 1st time cards knocked them out the playoffs! Lol

Relatively cheap price on the Dodgers today (-125) and coming off a loss. I’ll take a stab on the afternoon game.

Relatively cheap price on the Dodgers today (-125) and coming off a loss. I’ll take a stab on the afternoon game.

Im on Braves, it one these games where I’m pretty confident saying if lad wins it goes over. I am a little concerned with Morton in day game as he historically hasn’t pitched as well during the day, must be a night person, lol. I am pretty confident Braves gonna score 4-5 runs minimum tho. Gl

Thanks 2. Looks like no Riley for the Braves. Should be a good one either way. Will take Mil in the basketball game first half if I lose!

Damn. Freakin solo shot by milw cost me the pirates Ff rl. Got the under but woulda been sweet to start the day turning profit!

Thanks 2. Looks like no Riley for the Braves. Should be a good one either way. Will take Mil in the basketball game first half if I lose!

So far Morton bad (guy hates day games!) gonsilin good. Didn’t expect the latter, feel like he has some signs of a guy getting ready to give up sone runs, maybe 2nd time thru order!! Either way at least one of us cash! Maybe I’ll split and hit the over just like I split the 1st 5 in milw. Nothing like putting in bunch of work to make nothing! Lol. I’m playing milw bucks 1st qrtr/1st half as well, gl buddy.

Wow. I can’t take watching many at bats like the one Duvall just had, you can’t just give dude free strikes swinging at sliders that not close to the strike zone!!

I can’t believe a couple the pitches Braves grounded out on last inning. Hanging sinkers right over middle the plate. One hit hard right at 3rd baseman, the next a weak grounder to short . Crazy this a no hitter thru 5!!

It’s a getaway game for the Braves, who are headed back home after this, and I think they’re thinking about what they are going to do on the day off tomorrow.

Oh god dammit. You supposed to give miggy the hit then get out of inning, not give up a bomb to Torkelson!! that kid a beast. This what I get for going against my new favorite team, lol.

Looks like I’ll be doing the double header chase on rox. Ugh. Maybe not, just would like Rockies chances of coming back better in Colorado:

Not good for me but kinda poetic how miggy gets his 3k hit then the rookie blast a bomb, old welcoming in the new!

Isn’t it goofy the yanks put stanton and Donaldson b2b? Only think worse would be sticking Gallo in middle of them, that would be a hilarious middle the order with strikeouts a plenty! Stanton 21k’s 1 walk. Lol

Lucky to get out the 1st only allowing 4, lol. The way tigers offense been this year Senzatela could settle down and not allow another run for 4 innings. We see, just gotta try to chip away.

Was hoping rox could at least flip the lineup this inning, no such luck, Skubal has a good chance to be clean thru 3 innings now.

God damn. I get Bryant and Cron up with bases loaded and Mfers both strike out, that was Rockies chance to make it a game.

Back