Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend was a hoax?!?!?!?!

@MichaelDavSmith: Manti Te'o says Notre Dame's investigator never questioned him. Doesn't sound like a thorough investigation.

@MichaelDavSmith: Manti Te'o says Notre Dame's investigator never questioned him. Doesn't sound like a thorough investigation.

but espn did with jeremy schmuck, off camera. that is enough for 80 percent of our lazy ass country. case closed. pathetic.

me no, its laughable but many many people, yes they do believe it. couldnt believe how many people today at the gym said they either feel bad for teo or said hes an idiot but he had not part in it. i said how do u know, they said they read it or heard on espn this morning...FML

:surrender:

People....smh

This thread is an example of why I love ctg more than any other forum. You guys don't fall for bullshit, I read other forums and people actually are starting to believe TEO. unfuckingbelievable!!! How anyone can believe his fairy tale B.S is beyond me.

Took him 2 days to come up with this shit too. CTG posters are not easily fooled.

:shake:

Snl skit was hilarious on teo. They know what most people think at least.

The love of your life is in a coma and dying from leukemia, just send white roses bro.

i really think it has, but to those that care to read facts. for the joe or jill shmo, it doesnt do anything, they just get their fix from espn in the morn and do no research on their own because their decisions are made up for them. kind of like the elections, one way or another.

“It is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant, and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting.” – H.L. Mencken

I would estimate that about 98% of the people in the world have zero interest in hearing the truth. People have been so dumbed down by an educational system specifically designed to breed a nation of sheep that they are no longer capable of thinking critically. The purpose of the educational system is to homogenize the citizenry into mindless sheep, and to quash dissent and originality. That's how a handful of elite are able to control billions of people. And that is why:

"The men the American public admires most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth." - H. L. Mencken

George Carlin also explained it very succintly when he said:

"the limits of debate in this country are established before the debate even begins, and everyone else is marginalized and made to seem as either a communist, a kook, some sort of disloyal person or a conspiracy theorist. Something that shouldn't even be entertained for a minute is that powerful people might get together and have a plan. DOESN"T HAPPEN. You're a kook and a conspiracy buff."

Last edited:
Wow what a shock turns out the investigation launched by ND wasn't that thorough at all. According to deadspin their search lasted all of from 1/2-1/4 and was basically them using google lol. Didn't even interview Te'o, Tuiasosopo or examine computer or phone records.

Don't worry because they're such good guys they felt it would be unfair to Bama to disclose the hoax before the title game. How nice of them

BBBd2ZVCUAEbmRf.jpg_large.jpg

“It is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant, and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting.” – H.L. Mencken

I would estimate that about 98% of the people in the world have zero interest in hearing the truth. People have been so dumbed down by an educational system specifically designed to breed a nation of sheep that they are no longer capable of thinking critically. The purpose of the educational system is to homogenize the citizenry into mindless sheep, and to quash dissent and originality. That's how a handful of elite are able to control billions of people. And that is why:

"The men the American public admires most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth." - H. L. Mencken

George Carlin also explained it very succintly when he said:

"the limits of debate in this country are established before the debate even begins, and everyone else is marginalized and made to seem as either a communist, a kook, some sort of disloyal person or a conspiracy theorist. Something that shouldn't even be entertained for a minute is that powerful people might get together and have a plan. DOESN"T HAPPEN. You're a kook and a conspiracy buff."

i love this and i am a kook to so many on here.

Wow what a shock turns out the investigation launched by ND wasn't that thorough at all. According to deadspin their search lasted all of from 1/2-1/4 and was basically them using google lol. Didn't even interview Te'o, Tuiasosopo or examine computer or phone records.

Don't worry because they're such good guys they felt it would be unfair to Bama to disclose the hoax before the title game. How nice of them

no way, get out, impossible!!

this story died quick

Don't see how after Notre Dame admits that their investigation was nonexistent.

I hope Anonymous waddles into this and exposes this hoax inside a hoax. Gotta be some juicy internal emails amongst ND officials.

Also note that the spokesman hired by the Teo family is Katie Couric's longtime spokesman.

Sure that will be a hard hitting interview.

The Truth doesn't ever need to hire a spokesman imo.

Also note that the spokesman hired by the Teo family is Katie Couric's longtime spokesman.

Sure that will be a hard hitting interview.

The Truth doesn't ever need to hire a spokesman imo.

That's exactly what I thought when I heard the news.

Matthew Hiltzik
The Link Between
Manti Te'o and Katie Couric
EXCLUSIVE
0121-manti-te-o-matthew-hiltzik-katie-couric-article-3.jpg

How, you ask, did Katie Couric -- who now hosts a daytime syndicated talk show targeted at women -- snag the first on-camera interview with Manti Te'o? The answer is Matthew Hiltzik.

Hiltzik is a high-powered publicist who specializes in crisis management. He reps both Katie and Manti, but his client roster is chock-full of big celebs, including Alec Baldwin, Glenn Beck, MLB superstar Ryan Braun, Internet mogul Sean Parker, and some Canadian named Justin Bieber.

Sources tell us ... Hiltzik -- who likes working on the down low -- put the deal together and sold it as a package -- Katie's interview will play an entire hour on her show, but parts will also be featured on Good Morning America, Nightline and World News Tonight.

It's hard to argue against the fact that Katie's one of the best interviewers on TV, but fact is ... It ain't always about what you know ... it's about who you know.

This was the tweet:

<s>@</s>darrenrovell: ESPN's <s>@</s>JeremySchaap: Unverified phone records suggest Te'o on phone w/person he thought was Kekua for 110 calls of > hour

turns out 'unverified phone records' are a spreadsheet that they got with all the info on it

lmao

gimme 5 minutes and Ill give you an unverified phone record account of my fling with Kate Upton

unverified phone records on some spread sheet. i just composed mine to the guy i mean girl i have been talking to in philly err chicago.

If this is true, got to ask if Te'o can survive, let alone thrive/lead, in an NFL locker room...

Hoax mastermind Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, posing as the mysterious Lennay Kekua, was the falsetto voice on the other end of the all-night phone calls with the Notre Dame star, the scammer’s lawyer said.

The Heisman Trophy finalist “thought it was a female he was talking with,” lawyer Milton Grimes acknowledged to the Daily News. “It was Ronaiah as Lennay.”

Doesn't matter if he got played or not - he still lied about it to gain attention after he found out.

dude is a piece of shit....an incredibly stupid and gullible pice of shit

He's Yag, I'm 99% sure, no way you can keep up pretending to sound like a women on the phone for a year. No way.

Can't make this shit up :angry2:

http://byu.scout.com/2/792003.html

By R. Leuma Schwenke
Senior TBS Columnist
Posted Sep 18, 2008

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

Share on twitterShare on facebook| More Sharing ServicesMore

Secretive, sly and smiling, 17-year-old Manti Te’o – America’s No. 1 rated 2009 prep linebacker prospect – should be recruited by the CIA for his innate and disarming ability to tell you exactly what you want to hear without telling you anything at all.

<TBODY>
[TD="class: storytitle, colspan: 3"] CIA Should Also Recruit Manti Te'o
[/TD]

[TD="colspan: 3"][/TD]

[TD="class: primaryimage"]
432565.jpg
Manti Te'o
[/TD]
[TD="width: 3"][/TD]

</TBODY>

He's Yag, I'm 99% sure, no way you can keep up pretending to sound like a women on the phone for a year. No way.

Being Mormon and Samoan it would be damn near impossible for him to admit it but if he did and wasn't drafted...would set-up one hell of a lawsuit. First openly Yag player...could be the NFL story of the decade.

This shit happens in this day and age. Its everywhere. The real question is why does a high profile athlete have the need to go online when he can walk into a dorm room and bang the first girl he sees. Jmo.

People want to believe what they want. It's funny and entertaining but teos story is plausible. The notre dame hatred plays a part in what people believe.

Doesn't matter if he got played or not - he still lied about it to gain attention after he found out.

dude is a piece of shit....an incredibly stupid and gullible pice of shit

I actually disagree here. Once he found out, the next time he was asked about her, what do you expect him to say? "oh yeah, about that girlfriend..."

Yep. Occam's Razor...his story is the only one that makes sense. Otherwise you get into ridiculous conspiracy territory. Not to mention every single piece of evidence and third party involved in the story corroborate his version. You have to be a special kind of dumb to think he made this whole thing up for publicity.

People want to believe what they want. It's funny and entertaining but teos story is plausible. The notre dame hatred plays a part in what people believe.

Yep. Occam's Razor...his story is the only one that makes sense. Otherwise you get into ridiculous conspiracy territory. Not to mention every single piece of evidence and third party involved in the story corroborate his version. You have to be a special kind of dumb to think he made this whole thing up for publicity.

If you believe his story, then you think Teo's an even more special kind of dumb.

wait, the story that a nationally famous start athlete at a big university who can get any real life chick he wants had a multi-year year internet and phone relationship with a girl he never visited, even when he was in her town, and whose grave he never visited after she died of cancer that may have been caused by a car accident and he was allegedly all broken up about it, and he never skyped or video chatted with her out of curiosity as to what she looked like, oh yeah and it turned out to be a guy but he never realized this while he was talking to this guy for those hundreds of hours over the phone, and again he was talking to someone on the phone for hundreds of hours when he had top quality chicks at his disposal right there at ND is plausible but the fact that he is a repressed raging, catholic mormon homosexual who's brain has been warped by repression and staying in the closet so he has to make up some reidiculous story to throw people off his homosexual track is implausible. do i have that right?

its a sad world when hed rather everyone think hes a gullible idiot who had a fake gf for 3 yrs and never met here, all while talking to a guy on the phone...than admit hes Yag

Back