Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend was a hoax?!?!?!?!

Posted by Mike Florio on January 18, 2013, 11:19 PM EST
mantiteo.jpg
Reuters
As we wait to hear whether and to what extent ESPN’s Jeremy Schaap will vouch for the credibility of an athlete who granted Schaap an exclusive off-camera interview, there is new evidence regarding the lack of credibility demonstrated by Manti Te’o's fake dead girlfriend.
According to the Honolulu Advertiser, Te’o has told family and friends that, when his fake dead girlfriend called in December to say she wasn’t actually dead, she said thatshe had faked her death to elude drug dealers.
And that’s what finally prompted Te’o to become suspicious.It’s not clear when the fake dead girlfriend claimed she faked her death to avoid drug dealers. Notre Dame Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick told reporters on Wednesday night that Te’o learned that the fake dead girlfriend was merely fake dead on December 6. Te’o thereafter made multiple references to his dead girlfriend in comments to the media.

He should just stop now. Seriously. Hey Manti, everyone else isn't as gullible as you are.

Also, this isn't consistent with ND's comments about Manti getting that call on Dec 6th. They said that at that time, he was informed of the hoax. Now, he's claiming that she told him she was alive and feared for her life. I really hope the idiots in the media hit them with difficult questions about these discrepancies.

Manti Te'o denied being part of a hoax involving a relationship with a person online whom he considered his girlfriend, during an interview with ESPN on Friday night.
"No. Never," Te'o said in an interview with ESPN's Jeremy Schaap.
"I wasn't faking it," he said. "I wasn't part of this."
Te'o also said that he did not make up anything to help his Heisman Trophy candidacy.
"When (people) hear the facts, they'll know," he said. "They'll know that there is no way that I could be part of this."

Manti Te'o denied being part of a hoax involving a relationship with a person online whom he considered his girlfriend, during an interview with ESPN on Friday night.
"No. Never," Te'o said in an interview with ESPN's Jeremy Schaap.
"I wasn't faking it," he said. "I wasn't part of this."
Te'o also said that he did not make up anything to help his Heisman Trophy candidacy.
"When (people) hear the facts, they'll know," he said. "They'll know that there is no way that I could be part of this."

No they won't, and most have already made that pretty clear. Maybe he really is just a mongoloid.

Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2013, 12:02 AM EST
teo2.jpg
Reuters
On Wednesday, Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o issued a statement characterizing himself as the victim of a hoax involving a fictitious girlfriend who faked her own death. On Friday, Te’o submitted to an off-camera interview in the presence of his lawyer that, absent thorough questions or detailed observations regarding his credibility from ESPN’s Jeremy Schaap, operates as a press release masquerading as an actual interrogation.
The initial story at ESPN.com is basic and short, and it offers no opportunity to scrutinize anything about what Te’o said.
“No. Never,” Te’o said regarding whether he was involved in the hoax.
I wasn’t faking it ,” Te’o said. “I wasn’t part of this.”
He also denied any embellishment to boost his candidacy for the Heisman Trophy.
“When [people] hear the facts, they’ll know,” Te’o said. “They’ll know that there is no way that I could be part of this.”
Fine. So when are we going to hear the facts? And from whom are we going to hear them?
We have a lot of respect for Jeremy Schaap. And because of that immense respect for Schaap we’re more than a little surprised that he’d be a willing participant in a clumsy and grossly incomplete effort by the Te’o camp to honor Notre Dame Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick’s vow that Te’o would be speaking about the situation without Te’o having to actually say anything of substance or to address the many questions and inconsistencies arising from the various reports that have emerged to date.
It would be better if Te’o had said nothing. In reality, that’s what he has done.

Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2013, 12:02 AM EST
teo2.jpg
Reuters
On Wednesday, Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o issued a statement characterizing himself as the victim of a hoax involving a fictitious girlfriend who faked her own death. On Friday, Te’o submitted to an off-camera interview in the presence of his lawyer that, absent thorough questions or detailed observations regarding his credibility from ESPN’s Jeremy Schaap, operates as a press release masquerading as an actual interrogation.
The initial story at ESPN.com is basic and short, and it offers no opportunity to scrutinize anything about what Te’o said.
“No. Never,” Te’o said regarding whether he was involved in the hoax.
I wasn’t faking it ,” Te’o said. “I wasn’t part of this.”
He also denied any embellishment to boost his candidacy for the Heisman Trophy.
“When [people] hear the facts, they’ll know,” Te’o said. “They’ll know that there is no way that I could be part of this.”
Fine. So when are we going to hear the facts? And from whom are we going to hear them?
We have a lot of respect for Jeremy Schaap. And because of that immense respect for Schaap we’re more than a little surprised that he’d be a willing participant in a clumsy and grossly incomplete effort by the Te’o camp to honor Notre Dame Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick’s vow that Te’o would be speaking about the situation without Te’o having to actually say anything of substance or to address the many questions and inconsistencies arising from the various reports that have emerged to date.
It would be better if Te’o had said nothing. In reality, that’s what he has done.

it just keeps getting better and better

CTG, as a conglomerate, should start writing the script for the movie now. We could all cash in and make big money when it hits the big screen. Rudy ain't got nothin' on Manti.

Definitely would have been better if he just remained silent than doing it this way. It's a coward move, and one that if I'm a GM I notice

at least let nbc, you know the network your school owns, do the cover up story for you

jim lampley would have been great

Definitely would have been better if he just remained silent than doing it this way. It's a coward move, and one that if I'm a GM I notice

Right. As if some GMs didn't already have their doubts about his character, etc. The only thing he did is confirm those doubts about his character.

Well you can take NBC off of your list after posting the Florio story.

not so fast my friend...

Dear NBC: a FB player benefiting from publicity of their fake GF, whom they say they met, dying & then lying after hoax, is NOT "Catfishing"

Now NBC (ND network) has TOTALLY bought into to Te'o "Catfish" narrative, never even mentioning we know he lied after told of hoax.

not so fast my friend...

Dear NBC: a FB player benefiting from publicity of their fake GF, whom they say they met, dying & then lying after hoax, is NOT "Catfishing"

Now NBC (ND network) has TOTALLY bought into to Te'o "Catfish" narrative, never even mentioning we know he lied after told of hoax.

Florio works for NBC. That was my point.

john ziegler, dude takes down the media and points out real facts, guy i told you to follow, i have since 08

from obama, to psu, to steubenville, to armstrong, to this, guy just provides facts and tears the media to shreds. and he is always right.

Right. As if some GMs didn't already have their doubts about his character, etc. The only thing he did is confirm those doubts about his character.

Oh I'm positive they already had their doubts, but in some sick way, if it's proven that Te'o just kept the lie going in order to not be a distraction to him team, some GM might view that as being a team first kinda guy. Him not willing to get in front of a camera like a man, shows that when times get tough he'll cower which I'm sure they view as a much bigger sin. As crazy as it sounds but lets face it GM's aren't exactly moral compus'

john ziegler, dude takes down the media and points out real facts, guy i told you to follow, i have since 08

from obama, to psu, to steubenville, to armstrong, to this, guy just provides facts and tears the media to shreds. and he is always right.

Okay, but I thought we were talking about Mike Florio. Who works for NBC. And certainly didn't sound like he was being sympathetic in the least bit with Manti Te'o in that article you posted. Why would NBC let him write something like that if they're supposed to be in cahoots with Te'o?

Oh I'm positive they already had their doubts, but in some sick way, if it's proven that Te'o just kept the lie going in order to not be a distraction to him team, some GM might view that as being a team first kinda guy. Him not willing to get in front of a camera like a man, shows that when times get tough he'll cower which I'm sure they view as a much bigger sin. As crazy as it sounds but lets face it GM's aren't exactly moral compus'

I was agreeing with you 100% my man.

who would want this guy on their team now, 31 nfl teams didnt want hbo in for filming camp cuz of distractions, who wants this clown, he isnt that good.

I thought so but wasn't sure lol :shake:

I know, but I didn't realize why until I went back and read my post. The way I was saying those words in my head didn't come across by reading them. #sarcasmfont

:shake:

And right on cue he's blaming the fake dead gf situation for how bad he played in the ship. What a bitch

And right on cue he's blaming the fake dead gf situation for how bad he played in the ship. What a bitch

But her death, that he thought was real, helped him play better. Why would finding out that she's alive make him play worse? He must have forgot that he changed his story from finding out it was a hoax to she faked her death to avoid drug dealers. Because if he was told by her that she faked her death, he should have been ecstatic right? He just found out the love of his life was alive and well.

Seriously, any reporter with half a fucking brain could ask him these simple questions and trip him up. He has contradicted himself (and ND's statement) so many times, even though he's spoken so little on the topic. Imagine what's going to happen when he sits down for 30 minutes with a dude and gets grilled.

But her death, that he thought was real, helped him play better. Why would finding out that she's alive make him play worse? He must have forgot that he changed his story from finding out it was a hoax to she faked her death to avoid drug dealers. Because if he was told by her that she faked her death, he should have been ecstatic right? He just found out the love of his life was alive and well.

i am taking you with me when i get finished with my law degree and take this country by storm like ziegler.

nbc is going at espn i think. they want to take over the sports media and nbc sports net is soooooooo much better.

i am taking you with me when i get finished with my law degree and take this country by storm like ziegler.

I definitely missed my calling as an attorney. I have many friends and co-workers who tell me all the time. lol

Fuck Te'o I want an interview with the chick who posed as the dead chick on the phone for hours on end, every night for months. Can you imagine her story? Just wow

nbc is going at espn i think. they want to take over the sports media and nbc sports net is soooooooo much better.

Could be. Who could blame them? ESPN is ripe for the picking IMO. They've been TMZSports for years now. They've admittedly hired a fake person to their staff w/i the last year, and now this.

Could be. Who could blame them? ESPN is ripe for the picking IMO. They've been TMZSports for years now. They've admittedly hired a fake person to their staff w/i the last year, and now this.

They have been rather quiet about their network falling for a similiar hoax haven't they lol

Fuck Te'o I want an interview with the chick who posed as the dead chick on the phone for hours on end, every night for months. Can you imagine her story? Just wow

Probably just an mp3 they made and used every night. I wonder if they even had to make many different recordings. It's not like Manti the Mongoloid would realize that his girl was saying the exact same thing night in and night out.

They have been rather quiet about their network falling for a similiar hoax haven't they lol

That has to be why they're working with Manti the way they are. I'm not sure why you wouldn't act repulsed that someone would try to pull one over on everyone after you had it happen to you. You'd figure they would want to roast Manti to prove a point. Nope, they've taken the opposite mindset.

Internet tells me that smiling Manti Te'o has told smiling Jeremy Schaap off camera that he didn't take part in hoax. Ok. That settles that.

Yeah that's just insane. Hopefully this crazy debacle at least opens some of the uninformed masses eyes to the fact that the four letter network is full of shit

i really think it has, but to those that care to read facts. for the joe or jill shmo, it doesnt do anything, they just get their fix from espn in the morn and do no research on their own because their decisions are made up for them. kind of like the elections, one way or another.

Back