• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize
What was that deaf player's name? I was 20 at the time and raging every weekend in college so memory is a blur. Didn't he play for the Broncos?
Chris Hood. And I fucked up -- he was part blind, not part deaf.

https://www.questia.com/newspaper/1G1-57501761/hood-s-blind-spot-leaves-tide-out

As far as excuses go, this one is about as legitimate as it gets.

Alabama's 20-13 loss to archrival Tennessee, in part, can be traced to an unfortunate circumstance in the second quarter involving Chris Hood, the Tide's star defensive end.

When Ralph Staten sacked Tennessee quarterback Peyton Manning in the second quarter, causing a fumble that Hood recovered at the Tennessee 3-yard line, Hood easily could have picked the ball up and walked into the end zone for a touchdown.

The problem is, Hood thought he had already scored when he slipped and fell at the 3.

"I thought I was in the end zone," Hood said. "The play was on my blind side, so I didn't know for sure."

Hood actually is blind in his left eye, because of an injury while playing basketball in high school. When he picked up Manning's fumble, he came from the left, leaving him with little peripheral vision.

Still, even with that setup, you would think Alabama would score. Instead, three plays lost yardage, and Brian Cunningham's field-goal attempt was blocked. …

Question.

I have not seen much of this and my Temple knowledge is just average this year.

At 49-40 with 4th and 20...why did they not try a 47 yard FG? Is that out of his range? He hit a 41 yarder earlier in the game.

It does look like he hasn't kicked much at all.

Just curious.

I don't know shit about the kicker but he had one wiped off the board due to a UCF penalty that woulda made Tim Wakefield jealous and it wasn't 47

KJ, I hope so, because my wife has us going there for Thanksgiving at Disney. By the way, I replied to you above.

Question.

I have not seen much of this and my Temple knowledge is just average this year.

At 49-40 with 4th and 20...why did they not try a 47 yard FG? Is that out of his range? He hit a 41 yarder earlier in the game.

It does look like he hasn't kicked much at all.

Just curious.

The announcers were saying it was "maybe" out of his range. Otherwise I don't think they said much else or speculated about the decision.

KJ, I hope so, because my wife has us going there for Thanksgiving at Disney. By the way, I replied to you above.
I saw that thanks, gonna read it here in a sec

Kidding, I've never been to Orlando but my father lived outside there until just a couple months ago when he randomly moved to....Columbus OH. Took me calling him to find out lol...mind you I haven't seen him in 12 years, but it was much more likely to happen soon in Orlando than Columbus ffs

Unfortunate result for temple ats and ml backers. UCF has caught a lot of breaks the last couple years. I guess you have to get lucky along the way to successfully defend your National Championship.

You have failed terribly in recruiting if a 4th and 20 conversion is a better opportunity than a 47 yard fg attempt in that spot. Did his made 41 yarder hit the crossbar?

Culpepper, Latavius Murray, Matt Prater, Asante Samuel, BMarsh all UCF

Throw in Tosh and Diplo (who is a co-owner of my Phoenix Rising) it's on the up n up

Bar what about kicking the field goal to go up 12. Were they really concerned that temple would score 10 in 2 min? What did it was the busted scamper when defender went to strip instead of tackle.

Bar what about kicking the field goal to go up 12. Were they really concerned that temple would score 10 in 2 min? What did it was the busted scamper when defender went to strip instead of tackle.
I didn't see the play or plays before so I am not sure of the situation there.

9 is FG/TD

11 is a FG/TD/2Pt

12 is Two TD's

?

I dunno.

I saw that thanks, gonna read it here in a sec

Kidding, I've never been to Orlando but my father lived outside there until just a couple months ago when he randomly moved to....Columbus OH. Took me calling him to find out lol...mind you I haven't seen him in 12 years, but it was much more likely to happen soon in Orlando than Columbus ffs
I've been to Orlando once, for a bowl game of course. Clemson won 13-6, and it turned out to be Switzer's last game at OU.

I've been to Orlando once, for a bowl game of course. Clemson won 13-6, and it turned out to be Switzer's last game at OU.
I would go with the right group if ISU end up in some bullshit bowl there, obv Citrus or whatever it is wouldn't happen

Our bowl destinations are shit, went to Memphis last year and enjoyed it but will never go back. Other than that it's Texas somewhere (sorry I know you're in the DFW area but I do not like that city much, and I've been to Shreveport and El Paso for games!) Big XII is run by that state of course.

Now a bowl game in Detroit, where's the sign up sheet?

I would go with the right group if ISU end up in some bullshit bowl there, obv Citrus or whatever it is wouldn't happen

Our bowl destinations are shit, went to Memphis last year and enjoyed it but will never go back. Other than that it's Texas somewhere (sorry I know you're in the DFW area but I do not like that city much, and I've been to Shreveport and El Paso for games!) Big XII is run by that state of course.

Now a bowl game in Detroit, where's the sign up sheet?

Quicklane Bowl Baby!!

No better way to spend the day after Christmas!

Oh, there is plenty of water up here in Seattle East right now.

Still boats on the lakes...get your dry suit on.

Whoa I hadn't thought about that. Don't need to ski, but even boating on a Great Lake in Nov/Dec/Jan at high speeds in frigid temps sounds unbelievable! This is an eye opener

That doesn't look like ideal boating conditions mate. I'm dead serious I love boat speed and I love polar skiing (might have to check that, thin blood living here) but I'd love to parlay that sometime. It never crossed my mind

Why am I hearing Gordon Lightfoot right now?
Funny you say it, I had no clue the story til last year when I was bored and read about it. Turned into a couple hour sesh of education. I'm no history buff, but that was so fascinating

Funny you say it, I had no clue the story til last year when I was bored and read about it. Turned into a couple hour sesh of education. I'm no history buff, but that was so fascinating
wow.

Is it that regional?

The guys on the Ticket in Dallas used to talk about it every year on the anniversary. I'm not sure whether they still do.

Back