LSU WILL Play in the Rose Bowl..

A

abcs

Now its gonna be either between Michigan or USC..

Either way Im really amped for this game :wacka wacka: Lets just say USC beats UCLA what do you think the line will be for this one? Ill say Michigan -3..

I think this will be one of the better non championship bcs games in recent memory. If Michigan can handle LSU by more than 8 to 10 points and USC beats Ohio St i have no problem with a split :cheers:

:drinking: <--- abcs watching Sec vs Big 10 heavyweights go at it!!

Whether it involves LSU or not the split championship thing bugs me.

If whoever......EVEN USC beats Ohio State.....they are the champions.

The year USC played Michigan and claimed the AP Michigan wasn't as good as advertised. I know LSU is capable of playing some of the best football in the country however Im not sure beating them justifies annointing a split championship......very similar to Michigan in 03.

Of course I may seem biased from the 03 debacle.....
My thinking is simply why have a championship game if the powers that be and media can create another champ to satisfy the masses.

In addition, LSU basically shut the door on a potential SEC BCS championship appearance when they beat Arkansas. Awarding this bowl to LSU is the right thing to do in my opinion and for once justice won out over $$$$$$$$$$$$ and ESPN. HALLELUJAH!

This shit could be perfect...........Michigan v. USC, and Ohio St. vs #4. Winner plays a week later for the title.

1 extra game, what is problem?

I'll never be happy with a Rose Bowl matchup that isn't Pac10/Big10, but this should be a good game.

I am very interested in this game.. because record wise this is the third best team in the sec vs a team who big 10 people said should be given a rematch for the nc. LSU talent wise is right up there with usc and ohio st.. I think they have more play makers on offense and defense than michigan actually. I would put Dwayne Bowe, Early Doucet and Davis over the 3 michigan wr's..Mikey Hart is better than anyone LSU has.. but LSU is deeper in the backfield.. I mean Justin Vincent was mvp of the nc game a while back and now hes like 6th string. Oh well this will be a good one.

Justin Vincent = SUCKS

He's heavy, he dances, and he ain't shit off of Artificial Turf.

LSU has Keiland Williams who may not be as good as Hart but I'm predicting that he may end up being just as good once he gets more than two games under his belt. Coaching Coaching Coaching......never knew how much it meant.

Captain Slap A Hoe said:
LSU = best team in the nation
I was waitin for you to come in here and say something.. :cheers:

LSU had a tough road schedule.. although they did squeak out a close one against ur wildcats ;)

I really cant wait to see how this game unfolds.. I think LSU will watch the Ohio ST tape and see a lot of holes in Michigans D.. Russel is similar to Troy Smith with a stronger arm. :smiley_acbe:

Russel similar to troy? lay down the crack pipe....guy almost always turns the ball over at the worst times in a game.

Coaching advantage might have to go to uncle lloyd for once.

Will be a great game, but UCLA might never let it happen.

Russel has 26 tds and 7 interceptions far from a turnover machine..
As far as talent goes, excuse me let me correct myself russell is more talented than troy http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/qb.html

Yes hes made a few mistakes, but hes also won a lot of games on the final drive a ton of games actually.. At oregon St, at alabama, against ole miss 2 weeks ago. The guy has all the tools to be a top 5 pick 2 years from now in the draftt

true...he just doesn't impress me in big games and seems to make critical TO's.

He might be a better pro prospect but SMith blows him out of the water as far as this year goes at least.

on another note UM usually sucks ass out west, but this will be their 3rd trip in 4 years, has to account for something I guess.

http://www.lsubeat.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061115/SPORTS0202/611150304

All i said is they play similar styles, they both have nice arms, obv jemarcus is bigger but hes just as mobile, they both can leave the pocket and make plays.. I didnt say he was a better college qb, not sure why u put words in my mouth. As far as nfl talent goes its not even close, thats a good article to read

A lot of Russell's numbers have come against weak or questionable opponents, but his best statistic may be the seven come-from-behind wins he has led his team to in either the fourth quarter or overtime against the likes of Oregon State and Ole Miss in 2004, at No. 15 Arizona State, vs. No. 11 Florida, vs. No. 15 Auburn and at No. 3 Alabama in 2005 and at No. 9 Tennessee on the road this season.
:shake:

HUNTDOG said:
My bad bro.

:shake:
:cheers: Cant wait for this one.. Im glad they didnt stick notre dame in this game.
Maybe theyll let the irish play Lousiville or Boise :smiley_acbe: Although i think they win both of those games pretty easily

I guess I am just not a big Russel fan and even more I am not a big les miles fan..he didn't throw the ball much in 2nd half against arkansas which I could never figure out because the crossing routes and slants were killing arkansas cb's. Miles is strange.

abcs said:
:cheers: Cant wait for this one.. Im glad they didnt stick notre dame in this game.
Maybe theyll let the irish play Lousiville or Boise :smiley_acbe: Although i think they win both of those games pretty easily

This is all so premature. LSU has not been invited to the Rose Bowl yet. Nor have they officially landed an at large bid.

If they do land an at large bid, it will either be Notre Dame or LSU. Most likely it will be LSU.

However, none of this is a done deal yet.

Well there were a ton of reports in the local media that said LSU has sold 32k tickets to the game.. so im pretty sure they have talked with the rose bowl people. Either way, if Florida loses they wont go in over LSU and if arkansas loses they are off to play fondys wisky team.. LSU is pretty much a lock in this game

abcs said:
Well there were a ton of reports in the local media that said LSU has sold 32k tickets to the game.. so im pretty sure they have talked with the rose bowl people. Either way, if Florida loses they wont go in over LSU and if arkansas loses they are off to play fondys wisky team.. LSU is pretty much a lock in this game

Buying tickets to the game doesn't mean anything. Honestly, I wouldn't be so sure that "tickets" have been purchased yet. My recollection--after going to the last 2 Rose Bowls--is that at this point in time tickets are not up for sale. What you can buy, and what they may be buying, are futures through TicketReserve.com, the official site for the BCS games. What you do there is pay money for future tickets IF your team gets to a particular bowl. If your team goes, then you have a ticket--somewhere in the school's allotment. If your team does not go, then you're SOL.

I think things are lining up good for LSU, but they need to get one of the at large BCS bids. No guarantee that will happen and until that happens, the fans are taking alot on faith.

Remember Oregon last year?

who else goes rj?

notre dame? no way.

florida? they won't either.

USC is only other possibility IMO.

You guys are probably right. However, I would never put my faith in the BCS system to be predictable--including picking who will play where.

Only reason why I considered buying RB tickets early last year is because Texas being there WAS a sure thing after they won out.

My god who invited the recently outed as overrated Longhorn fans in here? For once, just shut up and let others enjoy something.

If I had a penny for every UT rant about being the best team AGAIN this year I would be rich. This story leaked yesterday and while no one would put their name down as saying it the source is on the commitee that has already made the selection. Its not official cause ESPN hasnt said it?

Im really just picking about the UT stuff.....well kinda.

All I know is UT got that ass whooped by A and MFin M.....ENOUGH SAID

At least LSU didnt choke a potential title shot away late in the season.

Russell is not coming back abcs......he leaves this year.
Its rumored he will be no worse than a Top 15 pick with the possibility of going as high as #1. I liked the guy and backed him more than most of these yahoos around here coming in to the season. With ZERO help from the coaching staff he played rather well this year.

Does he screw up more in big games? It certainly appears that way.
Leak was mentioned as Heisman hopeful prior to the season yet word is Russell is a shoe in for First Team ALL SEC QB. The guy has what is basically an untested arm with more raw ability than ANYONE in college ball right now. He outthrew both Manning brothers in both distance and accuracy at a passing camp this summer. Will it translate to success on Sundays? We will just have to wait and see.

LONGHORNS ----- got a little shorter ----- LONGHORNS ----- does that complete your order?

Nope but they let everyone know when they are good.
Just wanted to remind them that they suck and its 2006
And they should have treated my boy Perilloux a little better :wacka wacka:

Maybe they could have been competitive this year with a real QB.

One thing i find funny about texas fans.. as they were hidden under a rock for many of year, then they FINALLY BEAT Oklahoma.. and they are back to a dynasty just like that.. oh well

There really is no excuse for a university like texas not to win 10 games a year every year. They have amazing facilities.. big time alums.. they have the most to offer in my books.:shake:

abcs said:
Russel has 26 tds and 7 interceptions far from a turnover machine..
As far as talent goes, excuse me let me correct myself russell is more talented than troy http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/qb.html

Yes hes made a few mistakes, but hes also won a lot of games on the final drive a ton of games actually.. At oregon St, at alabama, against ole miss 2 weeks ago. The guy has all the tools to be a top 5 pick 2 years from now in the draftt

Russel will be top 3 pick, along with McFadden if he comes out the same year. Hes a monster, NO better prospect in the game right now at QB

Totally agree.. Glad some people are on the same page as me.. Not sure if you guys read the article but a few sec coaches said mcfadden is the best back since herschel and bo in the sec ..

But lets just keep this about lsu and michigan..if we want to take shots at texas thats fine as well :)

abcs said:
One thing i find funny about texas fans.. as they were hidden under a rock for many of year, then they FINALLY BEAT Oklahoma.. and they are back to a dynasty just like that.. oh well

There really is no excuse for a university like texas not to win 10 games a year every year. They have amazing facilities.. big time alums.. they have the most to offer in my books.:shake:

Where's the Bulldog Avatar?

P&G--Don't mistake my words of caution as criticism or shit talking about your season. They're not. But you should always be careful before banking on something like this.

And if you thought Texas was overrated, why didn't you clean up with KSU and A&M ML bets? Could it be that these losses and the loss of Colt McCoy were complete surprises?

Enjoy your bowl experience and Pasadena, should you go.

Tide High said:
wait McCoy was hurt on the 2nd to last play of the game right?

He was hurt on the last play of the first series against KSU. If you watched the A&M game it was clear he was not back to 100%. Not even close. Maybe 75%. His timing was off and he was consistently underthrowing balls. Not the kind of stuff from a kid who had a passer rating prior to KSU rivaling Troy Smith.

Colt then got hurt on the 2nd to last drive of the game from a forearm to his earhole by an A&M player who was ejected for a cheapshot. In the last drive he took a helmet to helmet shot under the chin and was carted off on a stretcher.

ok i understand, you meant that if Colt was 100% UT would have won. I don't know, thats a tough call, although i was surprised they loss.

Right but if Perilloux had been given the same type money and lifetime hooker passes little bitty colty wolty wouldnt have got hurt on the bench now would he? Just kidding. I just cant wait to see the kid play.

IF Notre Dame was half the team Lou Holtz thought it was I would be concerned. ESPN makes me sicker and sicker each year.

NFL Network is pissing everyone off now. Why not start CappingtheGame TV network. The sports world is dying for a non partisan source for sports information.

Tide High said:
ok i understand, you meant that if Colt was 100% UT would have won. I don't know, thats a tough call, although i was surprised they loss.

That's the point. If P&G is going to shoot off his mouth about how much Texas sucks this season (and we're all disappointed in the last 2 games)--and that this was somehow expected because this is what Texas ALWAYS does--why didn't he make the big money off his prognostication?

Or are things just clearer in hindsight?

Like I said, Tiger fans should enjoy their bowl--and they do have the inside track to the Rose Bowl--but never bank on it with the BCS until it's official.

abcs said:
I was waitin for you to come in here and say something.. :cheers:

LSU had a tough road schedule.. although they did squeak out a close one against ur wildcats ;)

I really cant wait to see how this game unfolds.. I think LSU will watch the Ohio ST tape and see a lot of holes in Michigans D.. Russel is similar to Troy Smith with a stronger arm. :smiley_acbe:

Truth.

The 2 best QB's in the nation? Based on pro-potential IMO...

1.) Brady Quinn
2.) Jamarcus Russell

Russell is a fucking MONSTER...omg who remembers that throw he made @ Arizona St. to win the game in the closing moments last year? That was pure beastality...Jamarcus has improved A LOT this year...

Also, you said he has an inability to win games, but hell, if it wasn't for that NO pass interference call (seen here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-2P-w9QlthE ) LSU goes on to the SEC Championship game and would most likely be playing in the National Title game...that game was so physically crushing to both teams...

Whoever said Les Miles sucks, is absolutly right....my god he is awful...give me LSU and all that talent and they will be playing in the NC no doubt (although it's almost impossible to go undefeated in the SEC playing @ Auburn, @ Florida, etc.)...

I know "SECMON" is going to back up The Wolverines, and hey, I respect it...but I'm sorry, LSU is gonna chew y'all up...good thing you guys got Leon Hall cause Jamarcus is gonna be poopin on y'all all day

Can't wait :drink: AVY BETS ANYONE!?!?

And while I speak of Jamarcus' throw against ASU, does anyone have a vid of it?

I would captain but my avy is stuck thru bowl season with this bullshit truck driver university troy smith 2007 national champions under my name.

Back