Looking for action on SAS coming out of the western conference...

Steed, we are obv on for that bet. Thanks for the good odds.

AZ, I will give SAS to win Western Conference -175 for a dime. Let me know.

AZ Kid, why the highly overexhausted emotion levels?

Name the bet you want in reality and maybe we can do business. But be realistic.

This was the first must win game of their season...Pop was trying his usual half assed effort to win a series and save his vets. This game is different. Max effort and they're silencing Dallas in Dallas.

This was the first must win game of their season...Pop was trying his usual half assed effort to win a series and save his vets. This game is different. Max effort and they're silencing Dallas in Dallas.

So your the reason this game went to the wire ;). Posting a win in the third quarter...:angry:

:whip:

Max effort produced a 4 point win against the 8 seed. Congrats.

Want to add to the bet? You're homerism is annoying me enough to want to add some action.

Yeah, I'm gonna stop posting mid game. I didn't realize how hurt Parker really was until the 4th quarter last night though. I assumed he was sore and it was throwing him off but he was limping and Dallas has the man power to keep pace with the Spurs w/o his usual game out there.

Not adding Egg. I'm not from Texas, I live in New York. I guess I share many of the tendencies of some homers around here but I just love my team. I REALLLLLY hope Parker's limp isn't something serious.

Dallas was a very game 8th seed...Ellis was terrific, Carter's contributions were incredible, Dirk's emotion and play was inspired, Parker played hurt through a few lackluster performances and Pop tried to get through round 1 with limited effort as it showed in games two and three. That being said, one buzzer beater from probably ending this series way earlier. OKC has a legit shot to lose the series with Memphis who I would classify as equally game if not for Randolph's game 7 ban.

Portland poses no legit threat, SAS really got their mojo back with all cylinders firing in game 7 and we're headed for a nice WCF collision course with the Spurs probably getting more rest and the advantage of home court. I like where I'm sitting.

Dallas paid the price for having such a shitty defense, 102.4 ppg (#20). Portland's is even worse, 102.8 ppg (#22).

OKC's is 99.8 ppg (#12) to Spurs 97.6 ppg (#6). LAC's is 101.0 ppg (#14).

yes, that is to say they have a better defense then OKC, LAC, and Portland...

the numbers, history, and common sense are on my side...your sarcasm is supported by...?

Spurs just held Portland to under 38% from the field, and that's including their B squad when Aldridge and Lillard were both still on the floor. Spurs gave up the 6th fewest ppg in the LEAGUE. So obviously there's a LITTLE defense played out west. 8th in FG% allowed as well. Leonard is a terrific one on one defender. Green plays terrific in the open court. Duncan may be older but obviously still a force. And the team plays TEAM defense guided by the top preparation in the NBA. Your statement is absurd. Btw, there's no TALENT in the east Hunt. So who cares how many more ppg the west puts up and allows in general. The Bobcats made the fucking playoffs in the East lol.

I think that Thunder plays better defense. In the middle of the season, for 1 - 2 months, Thunder had the best defense in the league stats wise.

Good luck ivy. Keep fist pumping. Regular season means nothing. Jmo.

A) the Regular season affords teams to win home court advantage.
B) The Spurs have proven through the years that they're a little more then a regular season success haven't they?
c) The only contention that you originally snickered at was the fact that SAS has the best defense out of the remaining teams, certainly nothing so egregious that one could toss around mocking sarcasm sir.

Divol, I'd say the OKC have better one on one defenders overall. But SAS plays a terrific team defense, and limits second chance looks which is a big part of it too.

I think your spurs are safe with the blazers. But I think the Clips, if they can get by OKC, will give the spurs a huge fight and take it.

I can honestly say I hope the Clippers win. There is no greater mismatch for SAS then Russel Westbrook. We can handle a small PG who can score and jordan and griffin down low. I think OKC is a much scarier opponent. Who knows if they even come out of the second round though.

I can see it now... Clips the team of destiny, after the Sterling thing. And you know the media, ESPN, etc will all love that.

Btw, Ivy, do you think Spurs would have played as well this regular season, had they won the title last year?

And also, if this year, it will be another Heat - Spurs Finals, do you believe that the new format of games (2 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 1) helps Spurs?

I think that the new format really helps the HCA team...no real way for a road team to have any momentum w/o striking blood first on the road.

I dont know what I think about them winning a title last season, I know they've used it as special motivation for this season. I think there's a good chance that Pop and Duncan could both retire with a finals win this season. I know how much they both love the game, love winning, and care about their team/city...but sometimes, it's just too awesome to not end on top. I hope to god that doesn't happen, as I feel that they're right up there again next season too.

Back