Looking for action on SAS coming out of the western conference...

thanks jump....nah twink i really dont lol...i expected to take like 5 or 6 100 buck bets...didnt realize people would be looking for more... i dont wanna go any deeper sorry man

This really is their last run this time lol....

every single year for three seasons they've progressed...

three years ago they were the 1 seed and got upset in the 1st round by memphis
two years ago they were the 1 or 2 (cant remember) seed and lost in the WCF to OKC (With Harden) after winning 20 straight through the post season (unsustainable)
Last season they were less then one minute away from a championship

each season they ran into the best basketball the others teams played all season...the Grizz's run was legendary and they never played at that level again....OKC played half as strong against Miami and never got back to the level they were playing at again (their two bigs were what 18/20 in game 5?) and The Heat played as good as they could...they needed ridiculous shots made with no room for error in several circumstances....Lets not forget Parker got hurt and they would've won going away if he didn't.

Spurs have had a dog in the fight every single season and variance tells us that they're gonna get one if they can maintain that level of excellence and professionalism for another season. OKC w/o Harden and w/o 90% shooting from their role players doesn't have the firepower to take out SAS in what will most likely prove to be HCA as the Spurs look primed for ANOTHER 1 seed :)

time will tell...BOL

I'm thinking about it man. Fucking Rockets can't close games. Can't wait for the head to head matchups between the 2 teams.

you're loving your WCF bet Steed? Nothing's really changed either way except for the Westbrook injury which could pose a long term issue for OKC...Portland doesn't scare me as far as a WCF champion contender...Houston has a lot of holes...Spurs are on cruise control and nobody gets killed over the initial 82. Tell me what makes you LOVE your future more now?

do you know what the futures odds are out there in books? I haven't looked, and dont have a book handy w/o signing up anymore...

just curious if the odds have changed for any teams

Steed AND EGG...

I have an offer for you guys...

I'm willing to take $100 from one and $50 from the other if you guys wanna buy out your bet right now.

I don't need the $$ incentive to watch my Spurs...I'm happy to keep the wages though...Just wanted to throw this out there...

Spurs are looking good for number 1 overall obv...and the future's odds have diminished greatly...

Cog, it looks like I'm finally gonna get to collect a bet from YOU this time around :) Spurs win/Houston loss tonight just about sealed it

Good luck to you too Steed, I offered an out b/c if you know how much i care about the team..the money is kinda meaningless...this is probably their last run and i'm 100% emotionally invested either way. I thought there was a chance you guys would accept b/c futures dropped since our wagers but no harm either way...Egg, up to you too...just an idea...

This post season is going to be Duncan's final chance at historical elevation in my opinion and if someone told me to pay out all the wagers including the one I almost locked up with Cog to assure a Duncan finals MVP...I'd do it in a heartbeat lol

Spurs are on 10 straight (10-0 since Leonard is back) FWIW and OKC is about to be 5-6 in their last 11...

Spurs were destroying teams early on in the season when they were 100% healthy...

if they can avoid injury, (please god)...I'm loving their chances....Clippers scare me more then OKC at this point

Steed AND EGG...

I have an offer for you guys...

I'm willing to take $100 from one and $50 from the other if you guys wanna buy out your bet right now.

I don't need the $$ incentive to watch my Spurs...I'm happy to keep the wages though...Just wanted to throw this out there...

Spurs are looking good for number 1 overall obv...and the future's odds have diminished greatly...

Cog, it looks like I'm finally gonna get to collect a bet from YOU this time around :) Spurs win/Houston loss tonight just about sealed it
Fuck, I'm throwing in the white flag. Spurs too good. Rockets were no slouch, playing real well but those Spurs can't lose. I just sent 300 to my paypal and it'll get there by thurs/fri. I'll contact you then to send it to you.

Fuck, I'm throwing in the white flag. Spurs too good. Rockets were no slouch, playing real well but those Spurs can't lose. I just sent 300 to my paypal and it'll get there by thurs/fri. I'll contact you then to send it to you.

Houston played sick this season, Spurs are a fucking machine lol....

my paypal is williamkroosstadas@yahoo.com...

but we bet 350, did you already have 50 laying in there or something? i know you're not trying to cheat me or anything...i just wanted to clarify before you had to make two deposits

What are your bets ivy against the others? Spurs are streaking and you must be real confidant.

Spurs to get to the ship outta the west cog. He'll have HCA throughout it looks like but I like my chances still.

I didnt know you were a big warriors fan...

Spurs vs Miami round 2...

this time no ridiculous offensive rebounds and cashed consecutive threes by bron and turncoat mothefuckas

Heat won't make it to NBA Finals I think. Pacers should be able to stop them, even without HCA.

As for the Spurs, first let them win at least game versus the Thunder...

I know you don't think that the Spurs are a team that would go 0-4 against OKC in the post season. Last night, Pop expressed a willingness to let the game go from pre-game when he didn't let Manu who only played 19 minutes the night before suit up...to not letting Duncan or Parker play minutes in the second half when they're down 10. This was a throwaway game. I wish I saw that coming actually. I thought they might go a little harder at the game but in hindsight...you give away nothing to give away that game to OKC INCLUDING confidence moving forward. San Antonio's theory about the reg. season is just accumulate as many easy wins as possible with as little risk to the aging players as possible. Duncan's career, is the greatest testament to Pop's theories on keeping his players healthy throughout the regular seasons.

Spurs have home court against OKC (most likely...would be a huge upset) and I don't believe they're gonna let the Thunder stop them from remedying last seasons debacle with 38 seconds left and Duncan's defeat in game 7 after that missed layup. Spurs off a loss has been one of the best angles in NBA for years now...their revenge trumps any other teams in my opinion. I think that's partly due to Pop learning more from defeat then victory and having even greater preparation for rematches. And I think it's also due to the pride of the core of the Spurs, and how high of a level they can switch on when 100% motivated.

As for Pacers, IDK...They gotta get their offense together before I say they can march into Miami for a 7 game series and beat the 3 time defending Eastern Conference champs.

Obviously Spurs can win Oklahoma both one game and whole series, but honestly, right now, after seeing three out of the four games between them this season, my money would be on the Thunder, if nothing major changes...

Also, don't forget that Thunder won series against Spurs once. It's not like it's regular season and things will change come playoff time.

Not interested in a buy out, way more interested in rooting against the Spurs and Tim Duncan all the way through the Western Conference, thanks though. I'll let you get out for $200 though.....

Not interested in a buy out, way more interested in rooting against the Spurs and Tim Duncan all the way through the Western Conference, thanks though. I'll let you get out for $200 though.....

:shake:

Ivy I'm interested in more once seeds are in place and we know odds...if you are?

Yeah I'm seeing a lot of holes in this squad, I'd be interested as well once seeds are finalized.

Interesting to note that the Spurs have never made the NBA Finals 2 years straight, and only once (out of 4 chances to do so) have made the Western Conf finals off an NBA Finals appearance the year before.

The reason the Spurs haven't managed what I've just laid out, is precisely because the West was so strong in the 2000s (looking at the stats, its the Lakers & Dallas who denied them repeated Finals chances). Lakers & Dallas are bleh now, Spurs seem simply to be the best coached team during a changing of the guard phase for the WC.

Already basically know how the West finishes, what are you guys waiting for ?

I got $500 for either of you guys the Spurs win the West at +280.

Let me know if interested.

I dunno what you're talking about to be honest...that's like almost triple what the actual odds really are.

Ivy gave us the better number......

Nah Steed, I got enough out there....I really don't even need $$ out there to be REALLY emotionally invested in this series anyways...

It looks like there are other takers...

BC- The Lakers w/ Kobe/Shaq were a dominant squad coached by the only other coach who can be mentioned in the same breath as Popovitch. That aside, if not for a Fisher 3 with .4 left...The Spurs probably have another championship. To go along with one they could easily have had last season if not for a crazy last 38 seconds which included a Leonard missed FT, two offensive rebounds off two misses and 2 HARD 3pt shots made. As far as not making the finals two seasons in a row...Those series with LAL were WARS and it's hard to compete against such a team and win consistently. The Spurs organization has proved stronger over the course of time however, and a lot of that has to do with the preservation of Timmy and all of his teammates loving him and wanting to play with him as opposed to Kobe driving Shaq to Miami.

Spurs have been the best team in Basketball for 2 years now. Parker got hurt in the finals which realllly sucked but they still should've won that series. Duncan's effort in game 7 in the first half was nothing short of heroic either, god damn shame. This season, they endured horrendous injuries to their starting core and managed to have ANOTHER 60 win season. They do this b/c they understand that one win is equal to another. They could care less about "big regular season" matchups as they understand that nothing matters in the regular season, other then stacking up 3 wins to every 1 loss. Consistency wins out in long series, esp. with HCA.

So.....the 2x defending Champions of the NBA weren't the best team in basketball for the last 2 years? Just confirming

So.....the 2x defending Champions of the NBA weren't the best team in basketball for the last 2 years? Just confirming

If you think they played like the best team in the NBA this season, whatever you can I guess...

Last season, they were beat by SAS and were about 5% to pull off game 6 and NOT defend. Everything happened in crazy order and they survived. Game 7 became a horrible spot for SAS after that. Spurs were also playing hurt as Parker injured himself in game one of that series. Yes I firmly believe that the Spurs have been the best team in basketball for the last two seasons.

Already basically know how the West finishes, what are you guys waiting for ?

I got $500 for either of you guys the Spurs win the West at +280.

Let me know if interested.

I'll take the Bulls to win their first series +435 if anyone is interested.

If you think they played like the best team in the NBA this season, whatever you can I guess...

Last season, they were beat by SAS and were about 5% to pull off game 6 and NOT defend. Everything happened in crazy order and they survived. Game 7 became a horrible spot for SAS after that. Spurs were also playing hurt as Parker injured himself in game one of that series. Yes I firmly believe that the Spurs have been the best team in basketball for the last two seasons.

Bro, they had Jesus Shuttlesworth. Never in question....

I'll take the Bulls to win their first series +435 if anyone is interested.

Please don't bring the Bulls into this discussion, we are talking about Title contenders here.

+150 for $500 Spurs win the west....asking market price yet no takers....very telling.

You clearly don't understand the thread here dude. Ivy GAVE US the better price to take some action and have fun with him rooting for SA. Why would we want to take your bet at "market value" when we can play it anywhere else we want at that price (or actually better tbh).

You're making no sense..

All in good fun AZ, busting balls bud. Also, I know the Bulls aren't in contention. But I agree with Steed, I'm not looking for fair market now, I have a local and offshore that could handle that if need be.

FUCK that turncoat mother fucker....Ray Allen is dead to me. I will never watch that fucking movie again, and that pains me b/c I loved Denzel.

So you think he's a turncoat? Why? Played 6 years in Milwaukee, 4 in Seattle and 5 in Boston. He has always capitalized on the best offer for Ray Allen. Why is anyone surprised by this?

Egg-
You give me SA, OKC, Miami, Indy and Clippers to win. You take rest. Book my action at +275 for a dime?

Back