Looking ahead to 2010

Sure UNC is a darkhorse to win it all JP..the average joe doesn't know a lot about them.

I love Vatech. I expect them to be dogs against Bama and win. If they are favored it will be as short favs.

UNC will be lucky to get to the same win total they had this year.

laughing at oklahoma at 4 ... try 24 or so.

Not that low unless Gresham and Bradford both go. Gerald McCoy is very good but not that much of a difference maker.

The biggest difference will be the loss of the OL. That will be huge, particularly early on. Unfortunately, they don't play anyone until they lose to Texas. And they will lose to Texas. Badly. That is a revenge game of revenge games for the winner of last year's game. Very unique situation.

I think Oklahoma St will be a force. Would not be shocked at all to see them win the Big 12

I think Oklahoma St will be a force. Would not be shocked at all to see them win the Big 12

I'd be extremely shocked. They will lose to OU, Texas, or both.

For whatever reason, OSU just can't get it put together. They've got good players but can't put it together--mostly on the defensive side of the ball.

Tebow's baaaack.

tebowner.jpg

Still not sold on LSU being that high unless they have a monster recruiting class coming in. Very inexperienced QB and the team just underperformed last year.

Not that low unless Gresham and Bradford both go. Gerald McCoy is very good but not that much of a difference maker.

The biggest difference will be the loss of the OL. That will be huge, particularly early on. Unfortunately, they don't play anyone until they lose to Texas. And they will lose to Texas. Badly. That is a revenge game of revenge games for the winner of last year's game. Very unique situation.

How does Gresham not go ??? Unless ou is paying him more than i think they are....

OU also loses Julio Iglesias and Manuel Johnson. Both WRs have been starting since their freshman year.

They also lose Nic Harris the heart and soul of their defense.

They are going to struggle badly if they lose Bradford, Gresham, and Mccoy as well.

Texas and Oklahoma St. will decide the Big 12 as the winner will face Nebraska from the North.

I think all 3 are gone. Football players don't go to OU to get their Kinesiology degree. They go there to hopefully make it to the NFL.

This entire decade they haven't had one underclassmen decide to stay when there was a possibility of a first day pick.

Bradford, Gresham, and Mccoy are all first round picks.

I saw a mock draft that is one of the more accurate ones over the years that had 11 players from the Big 12 going in the first round. 4 of them were from OU.

Last edited:
Agree Horn. I think all of them are gone. I think Bradford should be the first pick as well. Just not a big Stafford backer. Gresham will be the first TE taken and McCoy is just a stud who I would love the Packers to grab.

I like Texas to play in the BCS game next year. They will absolutely RAPE every xII team they play. FLA will lose 2 without Harvin and USC will do something stoopid again. like losing to Washigton or Stanford. So texas and who? tOSU? Boise? The Detroit Lions?

Sure UNC is a darkhorse to win it all JP..the average joe doesn't know a lot about them.

That's the truth, the only thing this Joe knows about 'em is Butch Davis. And, well, that their mascot is that ram Tar Heel guy.

I like Texas to play in the BCS game next year. They will absolutely RAPE every xII team they play. FLA will lose 2 without Harvin and USC will do something stoopid again. like losing to Washigton or Stanford. So texas and who? tOSU? Boise? The Detroit Lions?

:36_11_6:

Yea, it isn't like they have any talent or speed to replace Harvin.

Did you happen to catch the SEC Championship game?

Bro, I'll just ignore all your takes on The Mighty Gators since your previous posts illustrate what a Gator Hater you are.......................:shake:

As always, playing in the SEC the Gators will be hard pressed to repeat.
But the schedule sets up nicely with no Bama or Ole Miss (replaced with Messy St.) and Arky, UT & FSU @ home. A non-conf sched of Charleston Southern, Troy, and FIU....:tiphat:
Toughest game looks to be @ LSU 10/10 but we have our bye 10/3, so two weeks to prepare...per usual UGA is played in Jax.

Mully :cheers:

A non-conf sched of Charleston Southern, Troy, and FIU....

Good god almighty, don't hurt yourself with that schedule. Let me guess? All NC games in '09 in the Swamp?

I think this sets up perfectly like 2004.

Team A beats OU the year before to win the title.
Team A enters the season as the #1 team and looked at as the clear favorite to win it all.
ESPN continues to talk up certain player on that team every week you start to mute the channel.
Player ends up winning Heisman gets outplayed by runner up in the Rose Bowl.
Team A loses to Team B in the Rose Bowl.

Sets up perfectly for 2009.

Team A enters the season as the #1 team and looked at as the clear favorite to win it all.
ESPN continues to talk up certain player on that team every week you start to mute the channel.

And Texas loves being Team B (Florida or USC vs. Texas would be a great game next year).

Here's to hoping we're back at the Rose Bowl next year.

cept, no one is selfish enough on UF to fuck around in the NC like Reggie Bush

interesting that Sanchez is really leaning on coming out right now. That shakes up a lot of things IMO.

I think it improves things for USC. I found Sanchez to be pretty limited in his skillset. Selfishly I'd like to see him leave because I'm interested to see what Mitch Cumstein can do with the full arsenal they're bringing back next season on offense.

He has all the tools...he's competetive...he's a winner...Beyond Damien Williams that receiving corp wasn't nearly what USC's had in the past...RoJO is fine but he's a deep threat only..no consistent route runners...didn't have the TE they've had...the backs were inconsistent..OLine was young..

Carroll played to his strength this year, the defense...I think Sanchez proved in the Rose Bowl what he's capable of...

Why do you hate him so much?

Haha, don't hate him at all, just not in love with him. Injury-prone and inconsistent through the year. One-dimensional as all hell in that he is as slow as a lineman. I actually liked his skill players a lot this year, I think McKnight, Johnson, Gable, Turner, Williams, and RoJo are all good college players with tremendous speed.

I'll give you that he's a winner, but what QB at USC in the last 7 years wasn't? Like you said, I thought the defense was the key for them this year and they are just loaded with talent. Don't get me wrong, I think Sanchez was a nice player, I'm just interested in seeing what the supposed incredible talent Mustain can do with a full year and everyone but Turner coming back. If he's as good as advertised, wouldn't you imagine that they have a chance to be really great next season on offense?

I'm just shocked you see him onedimensional...he's the most mobile QB Petey's had...it's aobut mobility in the pocket, not scrambling down the field....

Injury prone? He played through a hurt knee and played well...

Turner is awful, Rojo is deep only, Williams is a stud. and the other three are backs...not the same amt of weapons we've seen the last 8 years.

A non-conf sched of Charleston Southern, Troy, and FIU....

Good god almighty, don't hurt yourself with that schedule. Let me guess? All NC games in '09 in the Swamp?

You are CORRECT, sir.
7 Home games (Charleston, Troy, FIU, FSU, UT, Arky, Vandy), 4 Away (UK, LSU, Messy St. & USC) and 1 Neutral (UGA)........:tiphat:

I agree that our '09 NC sched is W-E-A-K...have to throw in our annual raping of FSU, also.

You are CORRECT, sir.
7 Home games (Charleston, Troy, FIU, FSU, UT, Arky, Vandy), 4 Away (UK, LSU, Messy St. & USC) and 1 Neutral (UGA)........:tiphat:

I agree that our '09 NC sched is W-E-A-K...have to throw in our annual raping of FSU, also.

[SEC Homer] But we play in the ESS-EEE-SEE! We get to play a weak NC
Schedule because the SEC is tougher than the NFL! [/SEC Homer]

You are CORRECT, sir.

You conference schedule is pretty damn weak too. Florida is going to walk into the title game.

Theres gonna be some serious griping next year when you got an undefeated Florida, Texas, USC and Penn State...

...yeah thats right...Penn State...

PSU loses a TON, but the schedule is very, very doable...you have nobody OOC at all...pitiful OOC schedule..You get iowa, Ohio State and Minny at home..go to Illy, NW, Michigan and MSU..

you replace your entire secondary and WR corp, 4/5 OL, 2/3 LB, both DE's

Sean Lee is an upgrade again no doubt...but you replace a ton...the OL I think will be the biggest issue...doesn't do any good to have Clark and Royster back if the OL is subpar...

I think a team like NW will be dangerous though...NW returns a ton..so that's the type of game you'll slip up in IMO

You mean Syracuse isnt a legit BCS out of conference opponent????

hahahahaha

Youre right...but Im not really worried about replacing anybody other than the WRs

My assertion was based on the complete and absurd ease of the schedule more so than the talent of the team

But I could also easily see them go undefeated and still get left out behind a one loss texas and a one loss florida...its gonna take a miracle (like OSU beating USC) to get a Big 10 team in the BCS Title game

LOL

The Big 12 ladies already building in an excuse for MAC ATTACK to find a way out of the title game yet again.

There is NO excuse for Texas not to win the NC at least every 3 years.

LOL

The Big 12 ladies already building in an excuse for MAC ATTACK to find a way out of the title game yet again.

There is NO excuse for Texas not to win the NC at least every 3 years.

Making an excuse? You mean like us Texas fans are worried they are returning a bunch of players whose ass they already kicked this year?

No true Texas fan is worried about OU come next Oct with the talent returning to Texas and especially how pissed off the team and coaches will be going into that game.

Would love to hear your Texas should win the every three years theory. And please don't say recruiting because your not doing any research. Your own school since Saban's first title has had the overall better recruiting classes.

Horn,

How can you anoint McCoy and the Horns when they have played in one Big 12 Championship game in 7 years

Thanks,

Your friend,

Slap.

Is it right that Mack has only won 1 conf. championship total between UNC and UT? That's pretty shocking if it's accurate.

I do like NU to win the B12 North. If they can find a QB, they'll have a chance for further improvement next year. Shockingly, they had the 2nd best D in the Big 12 looking at yardage (only 7 more yards than UT). They're definitely going to be better next year on D with Suh coming back and they get back Turner at DE who the coaches thought was their best overall player on D before he broke his leg in the 2nd game.

Horn,

How can you anoint McCoy and the Horns when they have played in one Big 12 Championship game in 7 years

Thanks,

Your friend,

Slap.

Because they are in the same conference with a team that has played in the MNC title game in 4 of the last 8 years.

Because the Big 12 tiebreaker sucked this year.

Because next years team will be the second best Brown has ever had at Texas.

Because Brown has won as many BCS MNC's trophies as any other coach in the country not named Urban Meyer.

Because they have beaten Ohio St. twice in three tries the last 4 seasons.

Is it right that Mack has only won 1 conf. championship total between UNC and UT? That's pretty shocking if it's accurate.

I do like NU to win the B12 North. If they can find a QB, they'll have a chance for further improvement next year. Shockingly, they had the 2nd best D in the Big 12 looking at yardage (only 7 more yards than UT). They're definitely going to be better next year on D with Suh coming back and they get back Turner at DE who the coaches thought was their best overall player on D before he broke his leg in the 2nd game.

Who is in Nebraska's Big 12 South rotation schedule next season?

Mack barely had an above .500 record while at UNC. This was during a time when UNC had three automatic wins a year in Wake, Duke, and Maryland. Mack is a great recruiter and he managed to win a National Championship because of one player, Vince Young.

Mack barely had an above .500 record while at UNC. This was during a time when UNC had three automatic wins a year in Wake, Duke, and Maryland. Mack is a great recruiter and he managed to win a National Championship because of one player, Vince Young.

Mack Brown took over one of the worst college football programs ever at UNC in 1988. He went 1-10 his first two seasons there. He went 67-26 from then on out and never had a losing season again.

He finished with a 69-46 record at UNC (by my math that's not barley above .500).

His last two seasons at UNC he finished 10-2 & 10-1 finishing #9 and #4 in the polls.

That was about 10 years ago. Ask UNC fans how they've done since he left.

I really don't understand why Bradford would come back with all they're losing, but it likely sets up some nice value on Texas in that Texas/OU game.

And I'll tell you the game that worries me for Florida right now, Vandy.

Don't get me wrong, none of those teams should beat them, but they will have their annual letdown at some point during the season, it always happens. I fear it's at Vandy this time.

I really don't understand why Bradford would come back with all they're losing, but it likely sets up some nice value on Texas in that Texas/OU game.

And I'll tell you the game that worries me for Florida right now, Vandy.

Don't get me wrong, none of those teams should beat them, but they will have their annual letdown at some point during the season, it always happens. I fear it's at Vandy this time.

:smiley_acbe: SEC play...plus, being NC will insure their opponents bring their A-Game week-in-week-out.

USC with The Ball Coach (@ USC, 11/14) always scares the hell out of me...@ UK (9/26), week before bye and LSU game could be close, too.

i can assure you, no reason to be worried. It will be ugly, once again.

For your sake, I'm sorry. From a Gator perspective, whoooohooooo.

Yeah, that UK game fits the bill, too. Don't like that one either. I think it'll either be Vandy or that one. LSU can't count because you have to get up for that game.

i can assure you, no reason to be worried. It will be ugly, once again.

For your sake, I'm sorry. From a Gator perspective, whoooohooooo.

Yeah, that UK game fits the bill, too. Don't like that one either. I think it'll either be Vandy or that one. LSU can't count because you have to get up for that game.

no reason to be sorry. I'm use to living life in the FEC (Florida Eastern Conference) and personally, my wallet loves Tim Tebow

Florida has a 2 game schedule next year...Georgia and LSU. THAT. IS. IT.

What about UT with The Best Recruiter in CFB, Lane Kiffin at HC?

And you know a majority of this board will be on FSU's nuts (again) come August.

Seriously, who would've picked Ole Miss as our "upset alert" at the beginning of the year?

I fully expect Flroida to lose a starter or key backup or two to suspension...seems to happen every year.

Plus, SEC play has a way of sneaking up on a team...so damn physically demanding week after week...easy to have a letdown at the wrong time.

At least we have a Conference Championship Game to contend with if all else fails.........:shake:

Back