Let's go ahead and Discuss Phoenix @ LA Clippers (Nov 28th)

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I wanted to separate this from the discussion thread and see what we can come up with...

You all know that I love situational handicapping in this particular sport unlike any other. Now, the 'new' NBA has taken away a lot of those situations so I attack in other ways now. But, we still get a few of them and it certainly gets the juices flowing a little bit.

The old 'super situation' is one that is rarely seen now (5 games, opposite conference/coast on road -- one day off, home game then the next night on the road) but we can find a situation similar at times.

The LA Clippers:

-Last Wednesday and Thursday off
-Friday home game versus
-Sunday night road game at Portland
-Home since then having not played. So, 2 games in 7 days.

The Phoenix Suns:

-November 19th-25th they played 4 games in the Eastern Conference
-Monday was an off day
-Last night home game vs Indiana
-Tonight, back on the road at Staples.

So, to piggyback the 'super situation', this is close in theory with the 4 games opposite, day of rest then home/road b2b.

Lets look at some other factors...

-In the old days the bet would be say 1x on the first night against Phoenix and 2x the next night against Phoenix. We didn't bet it last night. That wasn't a good spot for Indiana and with it not being the old 5 in 7 or 5 in 8 road trip it wasn't something I wanted to get mixed up in to be honest. Well, the Pacers covered but barely and prolly should not have.

-In the last 4 weeks, the margin of victories in LA Clippers Wins...

So, this number is set at 11.5/12 currently depending on your out.

That is a lot of chalk for a team that hasn't won in double digits since early in the month.

There is a price to pay here, and it is more likely to be correct than not be correct in my opinion. So, how do we attack this game?

-ATS?
-TT?
-Live betting?

That is the question

So, lets discuss and figure out some ways to get after this...

threw em in a moneyline parlay with philly, charlotte, Utah state and xavier

Problem right now with ML parlays involving multiple NBA teams is this...

The NBA season used to be 2 good months, 2 months of dog days then playoff positioning/stretch run.

This year, teams are going through the 'January' motions already.

I mean, the Sixers lost to the Cavs of all teams.

You know where I'm gonna go. A quarterly chase or 1h/2h seems completely logical.

It's a bad spot for Phoenix but not a terrible spot, only their 6th game in 10 days.

The strength of this one however is the fact they played all their road games vs the East, then back to the desert, and tonight in Hollywood.

Generic trend...

Teams playing this 6 game sequence, Away-Away-Away-Away-Home-Away with the final away game being on zero rest are 72-101-4 ATS since the 2000 season.

Feels like a night in the league where all the chalk eats.

-8 2h. Me thinks that's a solid starting point. Keep checking live too for more value.

Out of NBA hibernation for this one, really was only going to play it if 2h presented itself. Just didn't have the wherewithal to chase it but leggo Clip Show!

Yes it was a beaut indeed. Kept peeking at the score hoping it would be real close at the half to hit the clips 2nd half. Thanks for starting the thread on it earlier so I could keep my eyes on it

Back