Let's do an official Trade Deadline thread...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
These, some years, are just great fun. Feel free to use the Davis thread for Davis news if nothing happens with him. Who else we see making moves before the deadline?

Clips trade their best player by far... playoffs not their first priority I guess....

Clips trade their best player by far... playoffs not their first priority I guess....
Playoffs are definitely not a priority. They started this whole process a year ago with Blake. They have bigger plans in the off-season.

Great trade both ways.

I love the old quote that is something like "in a good trade, both teams walk away a little bit upset" or something like that. I feel like that is the case here. Clippers fan lose 2 of their better players and fan favs but get huge assets. Landry can play.

As a Sixers fan, I love it, but as a fan base we were falling in love with Shamet, and that Miami pick could be one hell of an asset. Overall I am happy with it but I don't see any reason why clippers fans wouldn't be either, unless they really wanted to get swept by Golden State

Tobias is the most underrated player in the league. He's an all-star. I'm still mad we traded him. He's a good team fit too. And yes, this is a good trade all the way around. The time is now, Philly, go get em.

Means jimmy prolly not sticking

That rumored grizz rap deal would be real interesting, do think masai wants to add

I loved the pick but just never truly worked out.

Think it's a good trade for both teams. Thon could do something still, and Bucks defensive help and cut salary for next season. Now I hope they can sign a post deadline cut of some kind

I get the feeling, that some teams trade, just to make a trade...
It is more about positioning for the future.

The Mirotic Trade for Stanley is such a stud move at the trade deadline. These are the types of trades that help more than blockbusters generally.

Reactions: KJ
Harrison Barnes watched the fourth quarter of the Mavericks' 99-93 win over the Charlotte Hornets on Wednesday from the bench after learning that he was being traded to the Sacramento Kings.
The Kings sent second-year forward Justin Jackson and veteran forward/center Zach Randolph to the Mavs for Barnes.

The Philadelphia 76ers are adding James Ennis from the Houston Rockets in exchange for draft considerations

After LeBron had to post his diatribe on Instagram about how it was horrible they traded him during the game and how upset he was they would do that to Barnes, it came out that Barnes was informed he was possibly (even likely) to be traded and HE is the one who wanted to play in the game as opposed to sitting it out (he was given the option). Nothing like the LeBron showing more ignorance before letting all of the facts come in.

After LeBron had to post his diatribe on Instagram about how it was horrible they traded him during the game and how upset he was they would do that to Barnes, it came out that Barnes was informed he was possibly (even likely) to be traded and HE is the one who wanted to play in the game as opposed to sitting it out (he was given the option). Nothing like the LeBron showing more ignorance before letting all of the facts come in.
8667C66B-4E44-4FDB-9739-10CE5267B9D7.jpeg

After the Indy debacle His advice was “for the young guys on his team to stay off social media but it’s hard for them because he knows how much they love social media”. Then Proceeds to post his 32,000 pt milestone on ig then he posts this the next day.

Bron gonna LeBRON....

Yep. But as he’s tried to convey so many times, he’s grown up a lot and has matured well. What are the odds he corrects that Instagram post to admit he was wrong and looked foolish? You know, like a mature grown up would do.

Yep. But as he’s tried to convey so many times, he’s grown up a lot and has matured well. What are the odds he corrects that Instagram post to admit he was wrong and looked foolish?

I'd put VC admitting he is wrong at something at -140 in a H2H.

Back