Lakers @ phily, question regarding kobe..

lungster

Pretty much a regular
From what i remember, Kobe's from phily? i remember last year that he tends to put on a show in phily and especially after last night's loss at Indy plus phily's hard fought w in chi-town. definitely worth a look?

Still looking at it. Yes, he is from area. The moment I remember from him was the ASG in Philly where he won MVP and they booed him the whole time. Definetly sets up well.

Spread is going to be different from past meetings, so take it for what its worth

<LI class=morehot>Favorite is 5-1 ATS in the last 6 meetings. <LI class=morehot>Home team is 5-1 ATS in the last 6 meetings. <LI class=morehot>Over is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings. <LI class=morehot>Lakers are 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings. <LI class=morehot>Lakers are 1-4 ATS in the last 5 meetings in Philadelphia.

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2>01/04/08</TD><TD class=datacell>LAL 124 - PHI 93</TD><TD class=datacell>LAL -7.5</TD><TD class=datacell>O 199.5</TD><TD class=datacell>23.5 </TD><TD class=datacell>47/71</TD><TD class=datacell>42/99</TD><TD class=datacell>46-35</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>12/21/07</TD><TD class=datacell>PHI 101 - LAL 106</TD><TD class=datacell>LAL -2.5</TD><TD class=datacell>O 199</TD><TD class=datacell>2.5 </TD><TD class=datacell>40/88</TD><TD class=datacell>43/88</TD><TD class=datacell>37-47</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>03/09/07</TD><TD class=datacell>PHI 108 - LAL 92</TD><TD class=datacell>PHI 1.5</TD><TD class=datacell>O 193</TD><TD class=datacell>17.5 </TD><TD class=datacell>36/76</TD><TD class=datacell>35/79</TD><TD class=datacell>43-38</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>12/31/06</TD><TD class=datacell>LAL 104 - PHI 94</TD><TD class=datacell>LAL -9</TD><TD class=datacell>U 201</TD><TD class=datacell>1.0 </TD><TD class=datacell>39/82</TD><TD class=datacell>32/81</TD><TD class=datacell>48-43</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>01/06/06</TD><TD class=datacell>LAL 119 - PHI 93</TD><TD class=datacell>LAL -4.5</TD><TD class=datacell>O 202.5</TD><TD class=datacell>21.5 </TD><TD class=datacell>48/82</TD><TD class=datacell>36/85</TD><TD class=datacell>43-32

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I can't really seem the sixers being able to cover bynum and gasol. dalembert isn't quick enough, and brand ain't big enough. Maybe kobe takes too much time with his old homies when in philly

I dont remember the whole story but i think it stemmed from the Finals the previous year when he said something along the lines of Philly not being his true hometown

We dont take kindly to those types...

well isnt that true...his hometown would have to be somewhere in Italy right? but ya its always disrespectful when someone goes out of there way to say something like that

Nope

He was born in Philly in '78 (his dad was on the Sixers)

Moved to Italy in like '84 when his dad went to play there

Moved back to Philly in '91 and played high school ball at Lower Marion (Philly Suburb)

Nope

He was born in Philly in '78 (his dad was on the Sixers)

Moved to Italy in like '84 when his dad went to play there

Moved back to Philly in '91 and played high school ball at Lower Marion (Philly Suburb)

lol can't blame the guy if he was in italy from 6-12 and feels like that is where hes from. those are probably the first memories he has. also, who the fuck would WANT to consider philly their hometown :popcorn:

i think lakers tear up phily tonight, definitely a better shot than boston ripping indy apart with a huge number. i think theres a better play with the C's at HT. but lakers should be good just like bucks and also hornets with nash out. phx looked horrible vs heat without nash and they were at home.

smokedawg, is there a "type" you philadelphians DO take kindly to?

lol

when's the last time you met a nice person from philly? hell, I can't remember the last time i've met anyone from philly outside of philly, or outside of shea stadium

Back