Kobe or LeBron?

Kobe or LeBron?

• Kobe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LeBron

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
the other thread proves statistically lebron is better in the clutch. so why even the thread? and there are better players in the clutch then both of them like Heeeeeedo

i should have said never won an NBA finals...that's what I meant...getting there and playing in a game is meaningless...soo i assume you all know what i meant....

about the kobe lebron thing...

I watched Kobe with an IV at halftime half dead on the court face up on Lebron late in the fourth and hit a ridiculous shot up and over the strong defense of Lebron...that shot was huge at the time...and when Lebron had his opportunity to match it...he fell short...

this is just one game, but it was VERY hyped...James gave a press conference before the game talking about his preparation for this final regular season battle with possible home court implications...(Lakers now have the tiebreaker over Cleveland and that's somthing they did NOT wanna give up on their home court. Odem was obviously the reason LA won...but Kobe was still there for some meaningful low percentage shots...and won the battle of the two superstars while guarding one another...

one game? I'd take Kobe....my reason is simple...James has to win a final before his confidence reaches that new level...the day he wins a final...i might be singing another tune...but there is obviously a confidence factor with superstars...Once you know you can win gold...you never turn back...until Lebron breaks through that door...I want the guy who is 100% confident with every shot he puts up, and never hesitates, and always wants the ball....right now? that's Kobe...

obviously this is a very subjective and hard subject due to the fact that they're both incredible talents and play different positions...

I feel that at the end of their careers James will most likely be marked as the better player in the history books....maybe even the best ever....but until he breaks through...I want Bryant please...twice on sunday

i should have said never won an NBA finals...that's what I meant...getting there and playing in a game is meaningless...soo i assume you all know what i meant....

about the kobe lebron thing...

I watched Kobe with an IV at halftime half dead on the court face up on Lebron late in the fourth and hit a ridiculous shot up and over the strong defense of Lebron...that shot was huge at the time...and when Lebron had his opportunity to match it...he fell short...

this is just one game, but it was VERY hyped...James gave a press conference before the game talking about his preparation for this final regular season battle with possible home court implications...(Lakers now have the tiebreaker over Cleveland and that's somthing they did NOT wanna give up on their home court. Odem was obviously the reason LA won...but Kobe was still there for some meaningful low percentage shots...and won the battle of the two superstars while guarding one another...

one game? I'd take Kobe....my reason is simple...James has to win a final before his confidence reaches that new level...the day he wins a final...i might be singing another tune...but there is obviously a confidence factor with superstars...Once you know you can win gold...you never turn back...until Lebron breaks through that door...I want the guy who is 100% confident with every shot he puts up, and never hesitates, and always wants the ball....right now? that's Kobe...

obviously this is a very subjective and hard subject due to the fact that they're both incredible talents and play different positions...

I feel that at the end of their careers James will most likely be marked as the better player in the history books....maybe even the best ever....but until he breaks through...I want Bryant please...twice on sunday

nice post :shake:

LOL @ that stupid GM question. People. Let's not be disingenuous here. The wording of that question implies a jump-shot. My argument was never that I would rather have LeBron take a jumper for the game instead of Kobe. That's foolish (although taking Kobe over Ray Allen would not be an easy decision). My argument was and is that LeBron would be taking a different shot to win the game than Kobe would. He is 6'8'', and some reports have him at 275 fucking pounds, you think his shot would be a mid-range fadeaway like Kobe's would? Get real. Time and time and time again, the man has gotten layups, dunks, or free-throws in the final 30 seconds of games to either tie it or take the lead. Any Cleveland fan will attest to this. He can simply do things with the ball in the final minutes and seconds that Kobe cannot do.

That question has no relevance whatsoever to the discussion; nobody on my side has argued we would choose LBJ over KB for one shot with the game on the line. Besides, that wasn't even the question I posed. The question was one game.

that question doesnt imply a jump shot...it is worded in a way that leaves it open for interpretation...I think GMs of basketball are sophisticated enough to understand that the true heart of the question is who is more clutch with the game on the line in the final play...James DID get some votes...if it was simply a jump shot...James wouldn't even be considered...I can think of 20 Jump shooters in the league I'd rather have take that last jumper...probably more

hell i'd take george mason over James for that final shot

side note,

remember Duncan hitting that three pointer last season guys? I DO BABY!!!!!

He can simply do things with the ball in the final minutes and seconds that Kobe cannot do.

Like what? Get called for travelling?

He can simply do things with the ball in the final minutes and seconds that Kobe cannot do.

Like what? Get called for travelling?

Nope. Things like this.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_5xZKVubkT8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_5xZKVubkT8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

^ killa, dont forget to post the highlights of the final seconds in last nights game against the pacers.

cant believe this shit is still even a debate. lebron aint shit compared to kobe. not even close. but ill let you guys get back to this ridiculous shit. or maybe a better one...

whos the 2nd best player in the nba, after Kobe Bryant (1st) ?

lebron, wade, c.paul, d.howard, paul pierce, or....?

i say lebron. 2nd place without a doubt

^ killa, dont forget to post the highlights of the final seconds in last nights game against the pacers.

You mean the game in which he scored 47 points, almost single-handedly took the game to OT, and hit two free-throws to tie it with less than a second left before a shockingly bad call cost them the game? You mean that game?

Rather odd choice of game to employ in an argument against LeBron James.

Last edited:
especially when he had a crucial 3 pointer, a crucial assist, a crucial rebound, a crucial defensive lockdown on a guy he had no business being able to defend all in the last 2 minutes down 7 and hit two free throws on the road to tie with .80 secs left. not to mention the rest of the game where he had 47 and the rest of his team shot 30%. haha---yeah he played terrible

You mean the game in which he scored 47 points, almost single-handedly took the game to OT, and hit two free-throws to tie it with less than a second left before a shockingly bad call cost them the game? You mean that game?

Rather odd choice of game to employ in an argument against LeBron James.

yea the one where he cost them the game by committing the foul

haha bad call my ass. it was the exact same thing on the other side of the court seconds before

especially when he had a crucial 3 pointer, a crucial assist, a crucial rebound, a crucial defensive lockdown on a guy he had no business being able to defend all in the last 2 minutes down 7 and hit two free throws on the road to tie with .80 secs left. not to mention the rest of the game where he had 47 and the rest of his team shot 30%. haha---yeah he played terrible

he didnt play good enough then huh? they lost

point of the game = to win

so whats up fellas...we agree for my poll that lebron is 2nd or are some people thinkin pierce is better?

:36_11_6:

I like how after Sunday Kobe has had 14 votes to one for LeBron...

which is correct, but funny still.

you wouldn't want a guy that's going to do ALL of those things for you to get and keep the game out of reach? you would rather hope the game is close so kobe can have that killer instinct at the end? well, that's your choice, but i'd take the former.

it seems like lebron has to stay in the whole game because he cant take it out of reach. last nights game, game against the knicks, game against the lakers. these are the last couple games. so what are you talkin about?

kobe is the one that gets to play less minutes because when he is on the court he doesnt play for the highlights, he gets the job done, then gets to enjoy watchin his team seal the deal with unecessary 3's....

what you just said makes no sense. Lebron doesn't play for highlights he makes them happen. Lebron dominated that game last night and everyone on the team was mostly a no show. Kobe gets to play less minutes because his team goes 10 deep and has more scoring talent on it. when you get into a talk about putting a game out of reach you need to look at the whole team rather than just the best player

what you just said makes no sense. Lebron doesn't play for highlights he makes them happen. Lebron dominated that game last night and everyone on the team was mostly a no show. Kobe gets to play less minutes because his team goes 10 deep and has more scoring talent on it. when you get into a talk about putting a game out of reach you need to look at the whole team rather than just the best player

false...we had this discussion earlier about how lebrons supporting cast is underrated...another incorrect statement by a lebron dick-rider...enjoy the rest of your day :shake:

it seems like lebron has to stay in the whole game because he cant take it out of reach. last nights game, game against the knicks, game against the lakers. these are the last couple games. so what are you talkin about?

huh??? through last week cavs were FIRST in point differential at home and overall---winning by over 10.3 ppg overall and over 16 ppg at home. i think you need to get off work a little earlier out west and watch some more cavs games

and while cleveland's supporting cast IS underrated, it's not nearly as good as kobe's is right now, and i don't think anyone can argue otherwise

he cost them that pacer game? clearly you either didn't watch the game or you're just being an asshole for the sake of being one

point of the game = to win

great players are allowed to have off games against bad teams and good teams are allowed to lose---like on december 2 when the lakers lost to the pacers and kobe took the same amount of shots as lebron did last night and made 5 less, including 0-5 from 3 and had 2 assists in leading his team to a 16 pt 4th quarter against that same awful defense

The more I think about it, the more I think Paul Pierce belongs in this discussion as well...again, in regard to the initial question posed by Killa.

maybe your just the kobe dick rider. the cavs lead the league in point differential. and i was never engaged in a discussion about how lebrons supporting cast is underrated. i think they are just fine. but if you look at the supporting casts whenever lebron comes off the court the team out there isn't exactly going to extend the lead that they have. where as kobe can come off the court and they can have a unit of ariza farmar gasol walton and odom. that team can obviously stretch the lead far more than a squad of wally, hickson, varejo, big z and mo williams. its basically mo going one on one the whole time. the problem is money is that you probably know little about the game of basketball and have just watched it on tv.

horses, can u honestly ever picture a lebron OR kobe led team perform as badly as pierce's did in a couple of the years prior to kg and ray getting there no matter who u put around them??? i can't. ''what we need is some veteran leadership''---yeah paul, how many yrs u been in the league??? that should be YOU brah

horses, can u honestly ever picture a lebron OR kobe led team perform as badly as pierce's did in a couple of the years prior to kg and ray getting there no matter who u put around them??? i can't. ''what we need is some veteran leadership''---yeah paul, how many yrs u been in the league??? that should be YOU brah

Absulutely; Kobe and Lebron are both clearly better players; again, going back to that 'one game' thing again, and as a Laker fan, I guess I can't help but remember how much better Pierce was last year in the finals...
<!-- / message -->

Yeah this game tonight really was a microcosm of the difference between these two guys. Down 3 with 29 seconds left, he shoots an ungodly off-balance three-pointer with a hand in his face with plenty of time on the shot clock, and they lose the game. It's just a shot that LeBron would never take or even consider taking. He would go to the hoop and get fouled, cut the lead, extend the game. Now this has a lot to do with the fact that LeBron is so much bigger and stronger than Kobe and can obviously get to the hoop easier, but we all know Kobe could have gotten to the hoop in that spot too. He went for the extremely low-percentage hero shot, and it cost them the game.

It's one game and it's irrelevant. But it's really exactly symbolic of the difference between these two players and their approaches at the end of games.

so who do we think is better fellas Mo Williams or Kobe???

another day saved by Mo...but im sure there will be some bullshit comments on how lebron gave mo all these beautiful passes that were "perfect" and thats why mo made the shots. ridiculous.

no im not a kobe dick rider im just honest and i actually know about basketball. im starting to question the knowledge of others in this forum after reading this shit. thank god the people i tailed (bar, billivy, and a few others) are smart and know kobe is better, or not stating their opinion at all.

this is truly funny to me that its even this hard for people to realize...

:36_11_6: maybe i should post another:36_11_6:

OK since it seems that this thread gets bumped after every game and this is a question about these two players at the present, maybe a look at these two player's averages this season. This way a bump of each players' good/bad games wont matter as much as they all just get mushed into an average

Lebron: 49% shooting, 1.4 3s at 30.5%, 77.5% from the line, 7.5 boards, 7.1 asissts, 3.1 TOs, 1.8 steals, 1.3 blocks, 28.6 PPG
Kobe: 47.6%, 1.4 3s at 35.8%, 86.6% from the line, 5.6 boards, 5 assists, 2.7 TOs, 1.2 steals, .4 blocks, 27.5 PPG

Lakers coach Phil Jackson compared Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan on Tuesday night, noting the differences between the two offensively.

"They're two of a kind competitively," Jackson, who has coached both to championships, said. "Kobe's probably a better outside shooter, Michael a better post-up player."

Measy- Your posts just betray the fact that you have no idea what you're talking about. You used a game in which he scored 47 points and went 2-2 from the line to tie the game with less than a second left AGAINST LeBron (then you ignore Kobe's horrific choke-job tonight). You're obviously an irrational LeBron hater, god knows why.

no im not a kobe dick rider im just honest and i actually know about basketball. im starting to question the knowledge of others in this forum after reading this shit. thank god the people i tailed (bar, billivy, and a few others) are smart and know kobe is better, or not stating their opinion at all.

this is truly funny to me that its even this hard for people to realize...

:36_11_6: maybe i should post another:36_11_6:

like who? I think you named the only two people on this forum that voice their opinions/picks that chose Kobe. ddk, but considering his avatar, I don't think his pick counts

Also, frankly, you're being an ass about the subject. If it was so clear cut and not up for debate, there wouldn't be a poll. 'who is better' is a question that can't really be measured and doesn't necessarily have a correct answer. However, you're going along as though almost half the posters that chose to answer this poll are idiots.

killa- what the fuck are you talking about. your the guy who said that dumb shit about how just cuz lebron had that triple double against the knicks that the debate was basically over...totally ignoring the fact that kobe dropped 60somethin on them a few days before. then when you found out that it wasnt a triple double, you are quiet? now you are using his performance against the pacers as a way to judge that he is better haha they fucking lost the game. thats awesome he had 47, lets say he had 81, they still lost. the point of the fucking game is to win. yea kobe had a bad night tonight (anyone who bet on the lakers anyway only being favored by 1 is stupid to not think thats a trap) but he is still better than lebron.

the reason i said show those highlights is because THEY LOST, and he is the one who committed the foul. i can pull up many highlights of kobe doing some vicious shit, thats stupid, irrelevant, and would take all day.

kobe has 3 rings...lebron has 0. yea kobe had shaq, thats cool, shaq had kobe. no point in sayin that Yag shit, kobe still has 3 rings.

sf capper- i said or not stating their opinion...would you like me to list the names of everyone i have ever tailed on ctg if that really matters to you?

However, you're going along as though almost half the posters that chose to answer this poll are idiots.
:smiley_abcs:

kobe has 3 rings...lebron has 0. yea kobe had shaq, thats cool, shaq had kobe. no point in sayin that Yag shit, kobe still has 3 rings.

Really? There's 'no point' to saying that? There's no point in discussing the fact that the most dominant center in the past 40 years or so just happened to play on Kobe's team for all 3 of those titles (and happened to win all 3 Finals MVPs over Kobe I might add). Is that really irrelevant when discussing how many titles they each have?

yes it is, because shaq would not have won those rings without kobe, as well as the other way around

but what about when shaq went to miami and won a ship there too?

i guess he really didnt need kobe.

bron had one of the worst supporting casts in the history of the NBA finals.... and an idiot for a coach (who is coming around now), but still got there

eric snow? donyell marshall? drew gooden? Z?

this is what he was surrrounded with

kobe had phil jackson coaching, veterans like fisher and odom, and gasol as well, a very deep bench with vujacic to shave points and cover spreads, and got embrassed by the c's.

ur mentioning lebrons past team when comparing it with lakers present squad. if you are comparing both squads making it to the finals, well they both lost so it doesnt matter.

to be honest i am a lakers fan and when i knew we were going to be playing the celts, i knew we would lose. i didnt think we wouldnt cover any game, but i knew we would lose. that was celts year, they were playing too good. so i dont feel we were embarassed at all. gasol was playing soft, odom looked lost, vujacic defensively sucked, they deserved to lose in the finals.

but this year we sweeped celts, last game in boston without bynum. kobe has continuously proved he is the best player in the league this year

And your championship talk is irrelevant in this context. I have two simple questions.

1. Do you think Kobe would have any NBA titles if he had had the teams LeBron has had for his career?

2. Do you think LeBron would allow his team to blow a 24-point lead at home in the NBA Finals, like Kobe did last year?

And your championship talk is irrelevant in this context. I have two simple questions.

1. Do you think Kobe would have any NBA titles if he had had the teams LeBron has had for his career?

2. Do you think LeBron would allow his team to blow a 24-point lead at home in the NBA Finals, like Kobe did last year?

yes i do, i believe kobe could have made it to the finals every year in the east coast with the cast lebron has had. and thats not me being biased or anything. i think lebron has an awesome cast around him. people to shoot the 3, pure scorers, he has defenders, and the big men. people like iverson made the finals with a bunch of nobodys, really garbage players on his team the year he made it. but lebron has good players

and to answer your 2nd question, that game was just an awesome effort by the celts. im sure if you were to ever ask someone, do you think kobe would blow a 24 point lead in the finals, everyone would bet their house that that would never happen, but it did, so i think anything can happen. so it can happen against lebron, but i doubt it (because it shouldnt), that was real shitty play by the lakers and an awesome effort by the celts

but blowing that 24 point lead doesnt make kobe an automatic failure. he was getting shut down against the celts, and that was the the first time i have ever seen kobe being locked up the way he was. awesome play by the celts last year. too bad this year, lakers are waaaaayyyyy better, even without bynum

From USAToday:

USA Today asked nineteen NBA general managers who they thought was better; Kobe Bryant or LeBron James?

Twelve of the GMs picked Bryant, while seven preferred James.

Kobe is the NBA's reigning MVP, and has three NBA titles to his credit.

"Kobe's basketball IQ, competitive spirit and skill set make him, unquestionably, the best closer in the game," former coach and current ABC analyst Jeff Van Gundy said. "But James is younger, and nobody outplays him over the first 44 minutes."

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">USA Today asked nineteen NBA general managers who they thought was better; Kobe Bryant or LeBron James?

Twelve of the GMs picked Bryant, while seven preferred James.

Kobe is the NBA's reigning MVP, and has three NBA titles to his credit.

"Kobe's basketball IQ, competitive spirit and skill set make him, unquestionably, the best closer in the game," former coach and current ABC analyst Jeff Van Gundy said. "But James is younger, and nobody outplays him over the first 44 minutes." </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

one of them was steve kerr and another one was being consulted by matt millen and isiah thomas.

Did someone say he can't shoot?

<object width="440" height="361"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3923234"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3923234" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="440" height="361" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

He got into the zone tonight but in a way thats bad for Cavs fans because he'll feel like he can do that even more and settle too much.

I said it in playoffs and I'll say it again. Get this guy on the baseline and in post. Everything he does is from top or wing. He is too powerful to limit himself to that. Look at how good he is now. Imagine if he was being utilized correctly.

Back