Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LeBron

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
kobe_dunks_on_dwight_howard.jpg

kobe_dunk.jpg
you know what it is:shake:

MAMBA sure as hell doesnt!!

could never hit a clutch shot to save his life so now he gives up the ball more in those situations because the pussy knows he cant hit a shot with the game on the line

(before all the injury), i would say agent zero was a MUCH better clutch shooter with the game on the line then MAMBA.

hibachi!!!!!
Post of the year

:36_11_6:

I agree with Steed that LeBron is having the better year so far...but that wasn't the question; the question is who would you rather have to win one big game.

Kobe is the better defender...and while both can get their jumper anytime they want, Kobe is far more lethal, both mid-range and from 3-point range. I don't even think either of these points are arguable. Kobe is the better shooter and defender.

at the risk of sounding like hustleman, i think kobe is a good defender, but an overrated one. i'm sure he could give you a million stats of why kobe is an overrated defender, but with all that aside, he can't guard the best player regardless of his position because he simply doesn't have the size/strength. lebron can and does guard the best player late in games no matter the position, and does a damn good job of it. he can guard 1-4 and most of the time 5. his opponent fg% in the last quarter of games has to be overwhelming. i think people confuse paul pierce getting insanely hot in game 7 last year with lebron not playing good defense---and it was definitely the former rather than the latter. every one of those shots was contested. there's been several times where he has won the game with his defense while guarding a guy that he had no business being able to guard. imo, he's a better all around defender and definitely more versatile. he also currently leads a team that plays about 500x better team defense right now on a team that includes often-undersized 2 guards and Z at the 5 (god love him, but he's a fuckin clumsy turtle on D). so i definitely think you can argue one of the two points. the first, that he is a better shooter---as i said before, he can improve but he'll never be the shooter that kobe is...and that doesn't mean he's not better imo.

Kobe is a phenomenal player, and the way he's improved in the past few seasons (on top of what he already was, a top class player) is amazing. And Kobe, in my opinion, matches one Michael Jordan easily. There are no things IMO that Jordan did and Kobe "couldn't do". Kobe has a super high basketball IQ and his speed and precision are unmatched.

But LeBron...LeBron is out of this world. LeBron is pure domination. The way he plays the game, and at his age...there is nothing this guy can't do. Guarding 1 to center, creating mismatches EASILY. Jumpshots, penetrations, defense, leadership...

no one can be 100% unbiased and objective and neither can I, I'm aware that this may only be my impression, that LeBron does everything for this team, and is capable of much more. We can probably have a more constructive and spot on discussion about this once both of these guys finish their careers.

Kobe is a much better scorer. I'd still start my team with Lebron and if given the choice I'll take Jordan over both in a second.

the question is, J, would you have picked a 24 year old MJ or a 24 year old LBJ?

Jordan. In Jordan's 2nd season he scored 63 points at the Garden against one of the best teams ever assembled. And he only played like 20 games that year. The following year he scored 37+ points a game shooting almost 50%. He also became the first player ever to have 200 steals and 100 blocks that year. LB has the advantage that he's been in the league longer by skipping college, but if you look at them age vs age or years in the league I'll take Jordan in both.

Jordan. In Jordan's 2nd season he scored 63 points at the Garden against one of the best teams ever assembled. And he only played like 20 games that year. The following year he scored 37+ points a game shooting almost 50%. He also became the first player ever to have 200 steals and 100 blocks that year. LB has the advantage that he's been in the league longer by skipping college, but if you look at them age vs age or years in the league I'll take Jordan in both.

fair enough :shake:

I just think we'll judge them all best once they call it a career.

52-11-10 in the Garden tonight.

That should really end the whole debate.

the nba of today is pussy ball compared to the 80s and mid 90s. same thing with the nfl. you breathe on the qb its 15 yards.

Kobe is a much better scorer. I'd still start my team with Lebron and if given the choice I'll take Jordan over both in a second.

No debate there whatsoever.

The only people that start that stuff were born in the late 80's or early 90's or have no historical perspective on the Association.

You want to see some vintage NBA

MJ's first game ever at MSG in his rookie season...in limited minutes of a blowout

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Bulls+Knicks+1985&aq=f

was actually Nov 1984

Did not watch the NBA in the 80s of course, besides some tapes, but I did watch it in the 90s, back in the time and retrospectively. Jordan was unreal, no doubts top 3 of all time, but all I'm saying is: Kobe isn't that far if you ask me.

And to say I'm not a Laker fan would be an understatement.

Btw, you want vintage? ;)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8lqi4rd6y38&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8lqi4rd6y38&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Small tribute to my man DP

i am a diehard lebron fan obviously and mj crushed my heart into tiny pieces, but anyone who thinks lebron or kobe is anywhere near the player mj was is just flat out wrong.

you might as well say danny granger is at the level lebron and kobe are at if you say that.

i'm not sure that anyone could convince me that either kobe or lebron is better than the other mj, but that might be debatable. jordan compared with anyone else is just not debatable, and it never will be.

There is no Joe Dumars in the NBA today who can molest you for 48 minutes. I'd like to see any of these players play during the golden era of NBA. I can picture the crying and complaining that would come from today's players in my head and laugh.

Jordan was so fucking good he quit the league. He got bored and tried taking up MLB. He then came back won 72 games in a season and 3 more rings. What other NBA player has won 6 or more titles, never lost a NBA Finals, did it at 6'6 or less without any kind of big man down low and in such a dominating way as Jordan did? What Michael did will never happen again. Ever.

i am a diehard lebron fan obviously and mj crushed my heart into tiny pieces, but anyone who thinks lebron or kobe is anywhere near the player mj was is just flat out wrong.

you might as well say danny granger is at the level lebron and kobe are at if you say that.

i'm not sure that anyone could convince me that either kobe or lebron is better than the other mj, but that might be debatable. jordan compared with anyone else is just not debatable, and it never will be.

all I'm saying is: 1) it's debatable and 2) they are near. They may not be AT his level, ok, I've seen enough of MJ to know what he can do, but they are near.

The league was better before? Ok. I still say it can be debated whether Kobe or LeBron would be top class players then as well as they are now.

I voted Lebron because I think Zen master would still have a better than .500 team without Kobe.

I look at my Hornets without CP, and I think of what the Cavs would become without Lebron or the Magic without Howard. I think the Lakers are the team that could survive without their star compared to the teams I list above.

There is no Joe Dumars in the NBA today who can molest you for 48 minutes. I'd like to see any of these players play during the golden era of NBA. I can picture the crying and complaining that would come from today's players in my head and laugh.

Jordan was so fucking good he quit the league. He got bored and tried taking up MLB. He then came back won 72 games in a season and 3 more rings. What other NBA player has won 6 or more titles, never lost a NBA Finals, did it at 6'6 or less without any kind of big man down low and in such a dominating way as Jordan did? What Michael did will never happen again. Ever.

You have to think of the myriad of defenders Jordan played against. Not only Joey D. but guys like Starks and Richmond(who Jordan says was one if not the toughest).

Now, the reason he left in 1993 was a "silent" suspension for gambling. There is no doubt about it. Stern's greatest coverup among all the shady shit Stern has ever done.

Did not watch the NBA in the 80s of course, besides some tapes, but I did watch it in the 90s, back in the time and retrospectively. Jordan was unreal, no doubts top 3 of all time, but all I'm saying is: Kobe isn't that far if you ask me.

And to say I'm not a Laker fan would be an understatement.

Btw, you want vintage? ;)

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/8lqi4rd6y38&hl=en&fs=1 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

Small tribute to my man DP

Drazen was simply amazing Satyr. Was very tragic. That team with Kenny Anderson, DC and him had some potential. If I remember right they took CLE to the distance that season before Drazen died.

but as far as kobe vs Lebron...last night pretty much ended that debate

lebrons just on a different level right now

but as far as kobe vs Lebron...last night pretty much ended that debate

lebrons just on a different level right now

because lebron got that triple-double last night the debate is over and you can finally say lebron is better than kobe?! FUCK NO. i think kobe is better than jordan, but everyone always brings up the rings, fine, that is understandable, kobe has to get six or more rings to be better (which he wont)...so why is it that lebron is better with zero rings?

lebron played 44 minutes in that knicks game
kobe played 36 minutes

everyone mentions lebrons domination on the court (driving to the basket)...true he does look like a beast when he goes up for a dunk, hes also 6-8 250 pounds, the size of some DE's in the NFL, so if he didnt do such things he would be a regular player.

Kobe gets the same job done just with finesse, stays in the air longer, go look at some of the highlights in that knicks game.

Lebron let Al Harrington get 39 points.

the highest scorer for the knicks against the lakers on monday was again Al Harrington with only 24 (and kobe didnt even guard him)

Kobe goes out and plays for less minutes, way better defense, and still gets the massive amounts of points he does. If kobe wanted to let sorry players like Al Harrington score 39 on him and not play a lick of defense, im sure he would have the energy to score 81 points a game easily.

This is a ridiculous comparison. Kobe doesnt have a Mo Williams to drop 40 somethin points also when the team is doing shitty (he did a few nights ago)...everybody saw how lakers looked lost when kobe was fouled out in the OT against bobcats.

Put Kobe on ANY team in the east and he will make the finals every year, please dont say put him on the cavs because if you give him players like Big Z, Wally, Mo etc.. that everyone acts like they suck, he will probably win the finals every year as well.

i dont even know why i am wasting my time writing all this shit. lebron doesnt come close to kobe right now, maybe he will in 2 years, but definitely not now like some of you are saying. His jumpshot is not even close at all, defense is not close at all. He can score almost as good as kobe. the only thing he is better in, MAYBE, driving the ball to the basket, but kobe does that as well just in a different fashion.

the comparison should stick to kobe vs jordan and then we could hear about all the garbage how i did not get to see the league back then and that jordan didnt have good role players like kobe did but somehow jordan had another top 50 player on his team (pippen), as well as a big man like Longley when there wasnt too many people his size out there at the time, a shooter like Kerr, a hustler defender and rebounder like Rodman...all that stuff

point being...kobe is still much better than lebron

while gary payton is still the most OG ball player of all time and will remain my favorite til my dying days.

goodbye and fuck gambling (i am done and it ruined and wasted many of my young days while losing me thousands)

-MeasyMoney :tiphat:

B.A.R.- i see your still kickin ass...good shit :cheers: good luck with the rest of your season

kobe doesn't stay in the air longer. kobe's vertical is nothing special.

"everyone mentions lebrons domination on the court (driving to the basket)...true he does look like a beast when he goes up for a dunk, hes also 6-8 250 pounds, the size of some DE's in the NFL, so if he didnt do such things he would be a regular player."

huh? if he didn't have a big size advantage and couldn't drive and dunk like a beast he would be a regular player? well if kobe didn't have a nasty jumper and supreme athleticism he would be a regular player haha.

and lebron did guard harrington through stretches, but who harrington really abused was andy...was a total mismatch and lebron did much better on him.

you say if kobe "wanted to not play a lick of defense (implying lebron didn't play a lick of defense)"... in that game you are congratulating him on his awesome defensive effort, the team he leads gave up 117 points on the defensive end---without a guy getting insanely hot like harrington did vs cleveland. wow that's a great defense; kobe is the best defender ever.

and when has mo williams EVER scored 40 points without lebron to draw the attention to get him wide open, and then give him a perfect pass in rhythm? obviously never. not saying mo is not a good scorer, because he is, but he isn't the type of player who drops 40 all the time on his own. he's getting career highs because of lebron's attention and passing.

and i hope that was just a mind-block when you said "if you give kobe players like Z, mo, and WALLY he'd get to the finals every year. WALLY???? really? hahahahahahahahahahha

"

you say if kobe "wanted to not play a lick of defense (implying lebron didn't play a lick of defense)"... in that game you are congratulating him on his awesome defensive effort, the team he leads gave up 117 points on the defensive end---without a guy getting insanely hot like harrington did vs cleveland. wow that's a great defense; kobe is the best defender ever.

im sorry kobe cant guard 5 players on the court while only playing 36 minutes

and when has mo williams EVER scored 40 points without lebron to draw the attention to get him wide open, and then give him a perfect pass in rhythm? obviously never. not saying mo is not a good scorer, because he is, but he isn't the type of player who drops 40 all the time on his own. he's getting career highs because of lebron's attention and passing.

the reason i mentioned the bobcats game in OT is because i knew you would say such a statement. kobe is the go-to-guy, he doesnt have someone to go to when he is not hot or "drawing attention"...and when would a player like kobe or lebron not draw attention? maybe im just confused on that one

and i hope that was just a mind-block when you said "if you give kobe players like Z, mo, and WALLY he'd get to the finals every year. WALLY???? really? hahahahahahahahahahha

you are right. i shouldnt have named wally. but i thought you would get the point i was trying to make. that being, lebron has an awesome supporting cast around him. Mo williams being a good scorer, WALLY CAN KNOCK DOWN THE 3 WHEN GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY, big Z being a huge presence especially while in the eastern conference, wallace who is one of the best defenders in the nba, pavlovic who people were saying was the 2nd lebron, gibson who can make the 3 all day...should i keep going? or do you understand now?

let me guess...you are going to comment back how kobe has the better cast. thats arguible, but you should remember he has a waste of talent in odom who is probably the most inconsistent nba player ever, injury-prone bynum, and a bunch of other guards who look lost when kobe is off the floor except for fisher. and lets not forget the most important thing, LEBRON HAS THAT CAST ON THE EAST COAST. THE SHITTY CONFERENCE (besides the top 3)

yes, put kobe with those players including wally on the cavs, and he will go to the finals every year. put kobe on the wizards and he has an awesome chance of makin the finals in that conference.

if you really think lebron is better than kobe your just looking for an arguement. lebron hasnt done shit but play a good individual game that impresses people. he doesnt even have 1 ring but somehow he is better than someone who has 3, pretty funny

winning the ship is all that matters in this league, everything else is entertainment. so if you are going to say that lebron having less rings doesnt matter you are 100% wrong. this is not a 1 on 1 game, its a team sport. kobe is the better leader. lebron even says it

im not going to waste my time putting up statistics, percentages, or quotes such as the one where lebron even says kobe is the best....everyone who has watched the nba for the last few years can just guess that kobe is leading in way more aspects than lebron. lebron still gets compared to mello

compare lebron to paul pierce or some shit. you would sound more intelligent

Killa would suck either of these guys off for a threesome that much can be confirmed.

itll all come out in the finals... if bron bron can get there

the funny thing is after saying all the shit i have, i do think he will get there.

cavs vs lakers ( i said this last year as well )

cuz ive been hoping for it...that way when kobe shits on him this whole thing can be settled.

if lakers would somehow lose that finals matchup...ill fly to all of CTG's members homes, and let each of you punch me in the face 3 times

you are right. i shouldnt have named wally. but i thought you would get the point i was trying to make. that being, lebron has an awesome supporting cast around him. Mo williams being a good scorer, WALLY CAN KNOCK DOWN THE 3 WHEN GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY, big Z being a huge presence especially while in the eastern conference, wallace who is one of the best defenders in the nba, pavlovic who people were saying was the 2nd lebron, gibson who can make the 3 all day...should i keep going? or do you understand now?

let me guess...you are going to comment back how kobe has the better cast. thats arguible, but you should remember he has a waste of talent in odom who is probably the most inconsistent nba player ever, injury-prone bynum, and a bunch of other guards who look lost when kobe is off the floor except for fisher. and lets not forget the most important thing, LEBRON HAS THAT CAST ON THE EAST COAST. THE SHITTY CONFERENCE (besides the top 3)

yes, put kobe with those players including wally on the cavs, and he will go to the finals every year. put kobe on the wizards and he has an awesome chance of makin the finals in that conference.

if you really think lebron is better than kobe your just looking for an arguement. lebron hasnt done shit but play a good individual game that impresses people. he doesnt even have 1 ring but somehow he is better than someone who has 3, pretty funny

winning the ship is all that matters in this league, everything else is entertainment. so if you are going to say that lebron having less rings doesnt matter you are 100% wrong. this is not a 1 on 1 game, its a team sport. kobe is the better leader. lebron even says it

im not going to waste my time putting up statistics, percentages, or quotes such as the one where lebron even says kobe is the best....everyone who has watched the nba for the last few years can just guess that kobe is leading in way more aspects than lebron. lebron still gets compared to mello

compare lebron to paul pierce or some shit. you would sound more intelligent

you make some good points and i do agree lebron's supporting cast is underrated at this point (although ben is far past what he used to be and sasha is an absolute stiff). think you got a little carried away at the end there about comparing him to melo or pierce and questioning my intelligence, etc but that happens i'm sure i have gotten carried away in this argument too. i do have a hard time believing kobe would have taken the team lebron had to the finals the year they went. stupid to even really talk about cuz obviously we'll never know, but it's just my opinon and i'm def not alone in that opinion.

one thing i completely disagree on is that kobe doesn't have a go-to guy when he's drawing too much attention. fisher hits big shots all the time, gasol is an all-star, he had shaq previously. put odom on the cavs and he's an all-star---lebron makes everyone look so much better and gets everyone involved offensively. you say kobe can't guard 5 guys, but he can get his guys to play much better defense by keeping them involved in the game offensively, which kobe has improved the last 2 years, but still nowhere near lebron imo. christ, lebron made guys like donyel marshall and amon ones hit game-winning shots. that's being a teammate and making the right basketball play. that's where you lost me...when you started talking about how this is a team game---i think that's lebron's number one advantage over kobe---he's a top 3 passer in the league. od you honestly believe that lebron isn't the far superior passer? and if you don't think he'll have multiple rings by the end of his career, then i guess we'll agree to disagree. of course that matters in the argument, but kobe had a head start and shaq.

i also think you're getting WAY too carried away with the west being so dominant. lebron has always done well against the west and before that game earlier in the year against la has done well vs the lakers the last couple of years. 3 of the last 5 years the east has won the 'ship---if the west was THAT dominant they'd have the edge there. rougher paths maybe, but that argument only goes so far. right now, i'd give the east the edge---i don't really put a whole lot of stock if one conference has 7 or 8 seeds that are a bucket or two better.

41-39 on the votes, lol.

I honesty didn't think it'd be this close.

It is definitely up for debate, but I would still take Kobe if I had to win one game NOW...and that was the original question.

LMFAO at all you tools deciding conclusively LeBron is better based on two isolated games in MSG in the middle of the season. Please...get a fuckin' clue.

Nah, I was saying in jest that his 52-11-10 game clinched it.

I just happen to think LeBron is younger, faster, stronger, and just much more unstoppable than Kobe is. Who was it who said it the other day, that LeBron is faster than most point-guards and stronger than most centers? He's the most freakish athlete in the history of team sports.

It comes down to layups vs. jumpers. Kobe's mid-range jumper is unstoppable, but objectively less unstoppable than LeBron's dunks and layups.

I have no doubt in my mind that LeBron could average 40 PPG if he set his mind to it. At least 35.

He could also probably lead the league in assists, if he set his mind to that.

Cool, Killa...I certainly have nothing but respect for Lebron's ability AND the way he conducts himself on and off the court; in two years...this won't even be an argument anyway. Maybe less...

If I were a GM , I'd grab Lebron without even thinking twice. just personal preference, not saying hes better, they are both good at what they do, and play different positions. I'd get Lebron and a cheap sharpshooter SG to extend the D and let LBJ go to work.

"James finished with 52 points, 11 assists and nine rebounds."

yea, you guys are right. james definitely is better than kobe now, especially with the REAL performance.

no triple double

:36_11_6:

Back