Johnny Football

Well I highly doubt his son is in a bad place unless see some hard evidence. Does a little blow? Big deal.

If we start talking about him doing H or meth, you have a case. I would place a large amount of money he will live well into his 30s and maybe even his 40s

Exactly, and that's literally my only point.

I'll take the over 1 year for whatever amount anyone would like to put up. There isn't one person on this board who would actually take the bet and say he'll be dead within a year though because we all know it's laughable.

who says he doesn't have an addiction problem?

He may. We certainly don't know for sure though, do we?

Do you think the rest of us who did the same thing he did at that age are addicts as well? What about the millions doing it now? Everyone is an addict? Come on now.

Do you think the rest of us who did the same thing he did at that age are addicts as well? What about the millions doing it now? Everyone is an addict? Come on now.

no, but you assume he just parties on the weekends with alcohol

I would dispute even this, he blows under the limit both time he encounters the police. That's pretty lucky on his end if hes an alcoholic. I don't really buy hes doing blow just because he has a rolled up bill in a bathroom. He could have easily been fucking around, and even if he was..coke? man please (I'm agreeing with you Larry for the most part, take it easy)

I know you're agreeing with me and I'm not convinced he does coke regularly (or has at all), but I'm willing to concede that he has/does. Who fucking cares? He's not going to die from doing a little blow here and there. It's just ludicrous to act as if he's on the verge of death.

I don't care if he drinks 5 days a week, and I never once said he only drinks on the weekends. Most college kids do. I'm not assuming anything other than he does what millions upon millions of kids his age do every single day. You're assuming that he is an addict for some reason though, aren't you?

I don't even really make that assumption...

other then the fact that his dad made a ridiculous comment and the media has gone a witch hunt against him ALA young gun vs people that keep bad records

I know you're agreeing with me and I'm not convinced he does coke regularly (or has at all), but I'm willing to concede that he has/does. Who fucking cares? He's not going to die from doing a little blow here and there. It's just ludicrous to act as it he's on the verge of death.

completely ludicrous, we both agree so it must be right :shake:

you guys are fucking addicted to johnny

I wouldn't open my curtains if he was playing football in my backyard, it's just become clear to me that most of the stuff that comes out about him is the media fucking him, poor kid. He might have a problem, but I'd bet every dollar I have the media has blown out way of proportion

I don't care if he drinks 5 days a week, and I never once said he only drinks on the weekends. Most college kids do. I'm not assuming anything other than he does what millions upon millions of kids his age do every single day. You're assuming that he is an addict for some reason though, aren't you?

nope, I just don't think we should dismiss his Dads comments as lunacy, when none of us really know. In my experience those types of comments should be taken very seriously.

I don't really want to argue you with you though for 1000 pages. My wrist hurts for some reason. I disagree with you

johnny will look good in the green and yellow for the edmonton eskies though

nope, I just don't think we should dismiss his Dads comments as lunacy, when none of us really know. In my experience those types of comments should be taken very seriously.

I don't really want to argue you with you though for 1000 pages. My wrist hurts for some reason. I disagree with you

too much FIFA obvi

But his dad's comments have to be attributed to him being a dad. And it's perfectly reasonable for him to make those comments, even to actually think that, and to want to get his son help. The comment was clearly made for effect, and apparently it worked.

But his dad's comments have to be attributed to him being a dad. And it's perfectly reasonable for him to make those comments, even to actually think that, and to want to get his son help. The comment was clearly made for effect, and apparently it worked.

I think it's fairly questionable to put your son on blast like this via the media whatever might be happening.

Bruce Smith
Michael Irvin
Cris Carter
Todd Marinovich
Lawrence Taylor

I think it's fairly questionable to put your son on blast like this via the media whatever might be happening.

Sure, but I can understand where it's coming from. That's his son and he wants the best for him.

Sure, but I can understand where it's coming from. That's his son and he wants the best for him.

sure

no reason to put it on the media

if its some kind of way to grab his attention, it would personally just piss me off

cmon man, i used the whole "hes young, let the kid be a kid and have fun" argument for the first 7 pages of this thread. its well beyond that now.

cmon man, i used the whole "hes young, let the kid be a kid and have fun" argument for the first 7 pages of this thread. its well beyond that now.

But outside of him playing NFL football, this wouldn't be anywhere near the issue it apparently is.

He's not going to die from what he's doing right now in the next year is my point (again). If he doesn't come back to the NFL and doesn't have to live that life and essentially abstain from what he wants to do to succeed in that league he'll just be another 23 year old kid in the world partying and having fun.

you did more in a weekend in AC 5 years ago then he did this whole season

bet

Exactly. And people are actually talking about him possibly being dead before 2017. It's like the Twilight Zone or something.

sure

no reason to put it on the media

if its some kind of way to grab his attention, it would personally just piss me off

Yeah, it probably did piss Johnny off, but he definitely said it to try and grab his attention.

Next some of the people in here are going to tell me that Tiger was actually addicted to sex (among others) because he "went to sex rehab." Take off your sheep skin coats.

Next some of the people in here are going to tell me that Tiger was actually addicted to sex (among others) because he "went to sex rehab." Take off your sheep skin coats.
lol
addicted to sex cuz he got caught

It's pretty much the same thing here with Johnny though.

dude, come on. no its not. every player goes out. that is what i THOUGH johnny did and was unfairly given shit for. but it is so beyond that. look at how much we know, and then consider that the team definitely swept more things under the rug and made it disappear, and u can only imagine the extent to which it goes for this guy. hes addicted to alcohol, drugs, and is now abusive. i really do think he could be an exciting unique player, but he needs help. and if he doesnt want it, hes going to end up jobless living off his families fortune. at least thats better than other guys who dont have that fortune and end up broke

dude, come on. no its not. every player goes out. that is what i THOUGH johnny did and was unfairly given shit for. but it is so beyond that. look at how much we know, and then consider that the team definitely swept more things under the rug and made it disappear, and u can only imagine the extent to which it goes for this guy. hes addicted to alcohol, drugs, and is now abusive. i really do think he could be an exciting unique player, but he needs help. and if he doesnt want it, hes going to end up jobless living off his families fortune. at least thats better than other guys who dont have that fortune and end up broke

Okay, sure. But what do "we know?" We know what the media has told us? We know that he's been "caught" drinking and partying, even missing work due to being hungover or whatever? He's apparently abusive, and that's a concern of course, but lots of guys, especially those who play aggressive sports for a living are like that (not condoning it in the least bit obviously), but that is a separate issue when talking about whether or not he's going to FUCKING DIE.

Doesn't mean he'll be dead within a year, it's laughable to suggest he will. You know, my ONLY point and the only reason I chimed in. Everything you just said may very well be true, if it turns out he really is an addict and continues down this road he may end up broke at some point. He'll have to live for quite some time to end up broke, so he's definitely living past 2016 right?

dude, come on. no its not.

And again, he went to rehab for stress. For fucking stress is what was "confirmed" in that same media you want to give thanks for what we know.

I guess rehab for stress is an actual thing. But so is rehab for sex addiction.

Lareux, if your son told his girlfriend shut up or I'll kill us both, would you take it serious?

is it a fact he said that?
that's what the girlfriend claims...

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/johnny-manziel-threatened-ex-girlfriend/32613842

The ex-girlfriend of NFL quarterback Johnny Manziel told police that the Heisman Trophy winner told her "shut up or I'll kill us both" after forcing her into a car, hitting her, and dragging her by the hair.

watch the video in that link. her neighbor was a witness to her screaming and such. very revealing.

Lar will go to the mat for any embattled QB linked with the state of Texas.

Exactly. And people are actually talking about him possibly being dead before 2017. It's like the Twilight Zone or something.

Well it sounds like he was almost stabbed the other night unless the chick lied about advancing toward him with a knife. Being dead doesn't just involve overdosing.

Lar will go to the mat for any embattled QB linked with the state of Texas.

I'm not going to the mat for him at all. JFC Tip, I've said it in this thread like 3 times...I was one of the few calling him a bust on here before he was even drafted. Even before you, yet somehow you're the poster child for people against Johnny now and I'm an apologist? Hahahahahahaha. Can you even fucking read or are you just always drunk?

Well it sounds like he was almost stabbed the other night unless the chick lied about advancing toward him with a knife. Being dead doesn't just involve overdosing.

Yes, obviously. I'll still book anyone's bet who wants to take the under 1 year. I'm not too worried about the potential stabbing to death he may incur in the next 12 months, call me a skeptic I guess.

Lar, I'll bet he dies before Aaron Rodgers, 100 bucks. You get the young guy. Shake?

Lareux, if your son told his girlfriend shut up or I'll kill us both, would you take it serious?

My son, sure probably. People say stuff like that ALL the time though, so it is what it is.

I'll even assume he said it for the argument (even though it's based on the GF who refused to press charges and hasn't seemed too honest and forthcoming thus far)....still doesn't change the hilarity of him being dead within a year. HE still doesn't think he's doing anything wrong, he's rich, young and can get girls anytime he wants. I highly, highly, highly, doubt he's going to kill himself. On the list, the knife attack may slot in ahead of suicide if we're being honest.

Lar, I'll bet he dies before Aaron Rodgers, 100 bucks. You get the young guy. Shake?

Lol, why would I make that bet? I agree with that.

I don't want to ask the reading question in another post to you, BUT the ONLY thing I have made the point about is him being dead within a year. It's fucking laughable at best.

You wanna bet that he'll be dead within a year? If not, shut the fuck up because you agree with me.

Shut the fuck up is a pretty aggressive thing to say, even on the internet, wife boobs.

I, and I think others, find it humorous how goddamn literal you are. No, for the court record, I doubt he dies this year, the odds are against it. Yes, I think he's an addict and prone to reckless behavior that puts his health at risk. I do believe he's unhealthy.

wow wow wow
you boys are still at on johnny.. reminds me of HS girls and the kardashians, instead its men on CTG and a punk QB

Also, and I'm sure I'll regret asking, I'm up against the internet's greatest super sleuth, when was I on board with Johnny Manziel??

Top of my head, I remember acknowledging it was an "exciting" pick (think I used some form of that word), and I'm not sure I commented too much after that until he appeared in a game. I distinctly remember calling my shot early, saying this elf at QB isn't going to work, something like that. Think I said that in the Cleveland-Carolina in-game, the game he faked an injury last season.

Back