Inspekdah's Week 1 NBA

Inspekdah

My man, Michael Jordan!
Ok going to do threads on a weekly basis.

0-0 YTD

Bulls tomorrow night medium/big. Best player in the league isn't on the championship Heat. It's the reigning MVP who added pieces to his game that will truly make him scarier than ever before. Bulls, deeper than ever before with Dunlevy, Snell, healthy Deng, healthy Boozer, and most importantly a 100% healthy Noah. Hinrich should be good to go as well. It's rare a championship team has to play a legit top 2/3 team in the league on opening night. If Bulls get the lead... they'll keep it close worst case in my opinion.

No other leans. Think LAL could be interesting while Bryant is out as D'Antoni gets to run his system with a healthy Gasol/Nash. Rest of the team is hot garbage though.

Wednesday is where the good ones are...

Heat -11 if they lose to the Bulls. Sixers will be all-time bad. All-time. Never have a seen a team so poorly put together that may actually not have one piece on its current roster they can confidently say they'll build around long-term.

Nets -3.5. Screw Cleveland and all their additions. Nets too deep and one of the few times they'll be this healthy. In all fairness i do like Cleveland this year and I'll probably stay off this one.

Rockets -12? I think Houston is the cream of the West.

Pelicans +2.5. I have this team winning close to 50 games. Call me crazy. How this team won as many games as it did last year is unbelievable and now you add in a ton of talent/health. Davis going to turn the page and be a top 10 player.

Hawks +5? Seems like a lot of points for a team that has the making of a terrible defensive squad with Calderon & Ellis.

Kings -2.5. Nuggets new system, with new players, and no one is healthy.

Warriors -12? Lakers shouldn't have much left in the tank for the back to back this early.

Futures:

D Rose to Win the MVP +850

Sure Durant and LeBrick have more of a chance to win it. But this league gave Karl Malone an MVP over Michael Jordan. D Rose's story + the fact I think he tops his 2010-11 campaign will give this a ton of value. Think it will be more like 3-1 after a few weeks.

Hornets Total Wins OVER 39.5. See above.

Last edited:
gl spekdah

just fyi, I'm hearing Nash isn't very healthy. Sounds like he is going to be sitting some back to backs. Prolly going be a lot of Farmar and Blake

Thanks braves!

Yeah I don't expect him to play Wed. and I imagine the Warriors will be ready to blow the doors of the building Wednesday night.

I really like the Warriors this year, kinda of my sleeper team in the West. You have any thoughts on them?

Im going to be looking to fade the Lakers often these first couple of weeks. I think any decent backcourt is going to have a field day against them

Thanks my dudes. Warriors aren't going under anyone's radar as seen by the line vs Lakers but that doesn't mean they can't cover these lines. The way they jack up shots always makes their bets a hit or miss though. I tend to like them as the underdog type angle at home vs top tier teams. Iggy gives them a true defensive stopper though. I do think they will miss Jack.

Futures on 5d

Rose to Win MVP +850 3x to Win 25.5x

Pelicans Over 39.5 -110 2x
Pelicans -1 Wins vs Hawks +130 2x to Win 2.6x

Tonight

Will add a bit to later when local opens but locked in small online.

Bulls +5 1x
Bulls +2.5 1h 1x

Rose to Win MVP +850 3x to Win 25.5x

Pelicans Over 39.5 -110 2x
Pelicans -1 Wins vs Hawks +130 2x to Win 2.6x

Bulls +5 1x

Bulls +5.5 5x

Bulls +2.5 1h 1x

I'll always grade the side with the largest wager. So for tonight +5.5 game and the +2.5 half. I'll be betting ML's but only count them in unit record.

Weird late movement for Bulls in what seems to be a popular side.

Thanks guys. Bulls took off about 20 minutes of this game. Way too rusty and it showed.

I have faith in D'Antoni while his guys are on the court tonight.

Lakers +9.5 5x

Expect a big game out of Pau

Thanks Ret!

Lakers came through for me last night... needed it. Will track record of all plays 2x for higher separately as those are more capped plays vs. 1x action plays.

Overall
1-2 -2.7x
1-1 (2x or higher plays)

====
Nets -3 1x
Celtics +8 1x
Heat -9.5 1x

Coming back with Detroit, and Nola for most likely 5x/each in a moment.

Will update record in a bit... think I'm back in the black.

3-3 +16.1x (just grading all wagers 2x ATS or higher in record, no ML's, but everything of course in unit count)

Hornets -4 5x
ML -180 5x

Wizards -9 10x

7-7 (2x or higher ATS) +35.35x (everything in unit count)

Hitting the larger plays and losing the smaller ones... I'll take that.

Pistons ML -101 10x

Looking at Hornets at 8:05

Doh!

7-9 down around 12 units. Will update.

Bulls +2 10x

ML +110 10x

Bobcats +2.5 10x

ML +125 10x

Dwight Howard -13.5 10x

Think I'm up a few units overall. Will update record/units tomorrow with new thread.

Closing out this thread... went beyond a week.

9-11 ATS (on 2x or higher ATS sides)

-4.75x (on all bets)

Looking at Clippers again big tonight but I want Harden to play...

Back