If it's Texas vs. Ohio St.

Would you write more about these things please? Cordle is the starting center? And what's up with those suspensions? What's the matter with Hines?

Thanks.
Cordle is the starting LG..when Steve Rehring got hurt about week 6, he moved to LG from center and Brewster started at center...Rehring came back and person went down...they put Rehring back in at RG and left Cordle at LG and Brewster at C....Cordle dinged a knee against Michigan..he's been limited adn won't start..Person is back ...Dispatch reported a blog post that he'd slide to LG....but word is they'll put em both at their original spots...Person has stated he's much more comfortable at RG...we'll see..but Cordle did the line calls in most spots still from LG..so that will fall on Rehring, person, and Boone...a minor thing but can be major...Cordle also is our best pulling OL..Cordle will play "sparingly" according to Tressel..I think that means on some passing downs as his knee isn't good enough to pull for alot of the ISO runs..we pull guards a ton.

Hartline- first reported he missed curfew New Years EVe, but now believed had a scuffle/disagreement with a asst who was on bed check...details unkown..he'll miss a "series or two"

Saine- third string RB/Pony back out with hammy i believe

Williams- caught shoplifting at Macy's for 75 bucks and three shrits...said took the fall for his friend..supposedly charges were dropped...will play but "miss some time"...he's a pass rushing DE who doesn't play a ton but gets to the QB when he does...frosh with huge upside..was great in Mich game..

Hines- been dinged since NW game...didn't play ILly game and Moeller played out of his mind...took most of the snaps in Mich game over Hines..they play some role...Leo/Star...so I think Hines is 90% but Moeller will get first crack

I believe in confidence def and when it comes to that, then the idea of the offense changing/evolving makes sense.

I just remember them saying the same things last year and the year before for the NC games. With a young QB, true freshman as well, it's a totally different ballgame.
Yea, rumors floated about Antonio Henton packages vs LSU...it was misinformation IMO..

I think Henton played the roll of Perrileaux in bowl prep and someone took a story and misreported it...that's my take.

Last edited:
also guys i remember that texas has a corner that sucks ass--

he is a joke bigtime- tech was abusing the guy
Beasley was abused that game but Michael Crabtree doesn't wear Scarlet and Grey ..hopefully he does next year in the name of Marlon Brown...Beasley isn't the only CB that was made to look silly by number 5 in the cow town of TTU.

But it's been said on here 95 times Chykie Brown was out game as well who's the best man corner on the Texas 85 man roster.

Here we are again with the Buckeyes in a Jan game and people have convinced their selves that the Buckeyes stand a chance.

This game is so close to the LSU -OSU game last year its scary

TX wins by 17

Here we are again with the Buckeyes in a Jan game and people have convinced their selves that the Buckeyes stand a chance.

TX wins by 17
:4_12_12:And how did you arrive at that number? Or are you just being sarcastic? I hope it's not this method :line:

:36_11_6:jk

Look at ESPN, the hotel shown behind them, The Colony, is where I used to stay at on week-ends when I was a kid with my mom.

Yall talked me into tOSU
I hope its not because of Sammy Meatballs posts. Dude doesn't know his asshole from a hole in the wall. Easily the most ridiculous poster on this forum when it comes to analyzing games. Even worse are his in game comments.

I hope its not because of Sammy Meatballs posts. Dude doesn't know his asshole from a hole in the wall. Easily the most ridiculous poster on this forum when it comes to analyzing games. Even worse are his in game comments.
Take it easy Long Horn. This isn't Blankets.

Sammy it seems you have some type of hatred towards UT.

I think in a discussion thread, you need to see both sides of the story. Talking about schedule, who has tOSU played? They have beaten noone IMO, lost to USC, lost to Penn St, beats up the B10 and a shitty OOC which includes Youngtown St, Ohio, and Troy. Everyone talks about the weak B12, but what has the B10 done in bowl games? Minny (lost to B12 team), Wisky, Penn St, all blown out. MSU lost, NW lost to a B12 team, the only one to win was Iowa who tOSU didnt play.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. tOSU got crushed against UF, lost to LSU, and again this year everyone is jumping on tOSU again. I think I learned my lesson. Im not saying to bet UT, but I for sure aint betting on tOSU.

TX wins by 17
I'm fine with that...but that game was played with a team that just outphysicalled tOSU on both sides of the ball..

The LSU Oline manhandled a young pup Dline with a power running attack...that is similar to Texas how?

Ohio State moved teh ball up and down the field until they fell behind and became one dimensional...the fast,experienced Dline then Teed off on a young pup offensive line with a statue at QB...that is similar how?

Is it similar just becuase 95% of sportsnation and Mark May it is?

Just curious.

If it's about matchups fine, I can find plenty Texas has the advantage at...But if it's because Rivals main board and ESPN talking heads say so, then that's something different entirely.

Sammy would be wise to heed your advice as well. I'm not alone in this opinion.
Sammy makes fun of teams, alot of us do, it's what makes a forum work. Otherwise it would be boring. But I havent heard Sammy attack other members. Atleast not that I can recall.

Alby, thoughts on your boys in this one?
I think that people are underrating the Texas run D. Everyones focusing on the coaching matchup saying its way in Ohio States favor but then you're forgetting about Muschamp. I think his gameplan will be solid and we'll give Pryor fits. We led the nation in sacks and we'll be bringing the heat. Our defense is also the healthiest its been since the OU game. We would have won in Lubbock with Chykie Brown healthy.

On offense I think we'll start slow and wear down the Ohio State D. Our run game usually sucks until the opposing defense gets tired. We may move the ball early on if we just stick to our efficient pass game. It'll be tight early and UT pulls away and covers thanks to defense. Don't see us putting up tons of points but they'll put up enough. Only X factor is if Ohio State return teams set up good field position. UT special teams coverage can be had.

Sammy makes fun of teams, alot of us do, it's what makes a forum work. Otherwise it would be boring. But I havent heard Sammy attack other members. Atleast not that I can recall.
At least when you or others make fun of teams its not just incoherent one sided babble.

Sammy it seems you have some type of hatred towards UT.

I think in a discussion thread, you need to see both sides of the story. Talking about schedule, who has tOSU played? They have beaten noone IMO, lost to USC, lost to Penn St, beats up the B10 and a shitty OOC which includes Youngtown St, Ohio, and Troy. Everyone talks about the weak B12, but what has the B10 done in bowl games? Minny (lost to B12 team), Wisky, Penn St, all blown out. MSU lost, NW lost to a B12 team, the only one to win was Iowa who tOSU didnt play.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. tOSU got crushed against UF, lost to LSU, and again this year everyone is jumping on tOSU again. I think I learned my lesson. Im not saying to bet UT, but I for sure aint betting on tOSU.

this is true what you are saying, i do not hate texas, they are a good team, but are overrated still.

Ohio state is ohio state- they did lose the big games but were favored by -7 over florida and obly +6 dogs last year to the best team in nation.

This year what does Ohio state have to lose? Nothing at all, this is a free game for them, a free chance to get the program back on track--

I think you will see OSU shut down the overrated O of texas-
OSU may not score much either but the defenses will cover this for OSU-

SO different situation here and OSU is not playing the best team in the nation today-

THey are not playing an SEC TEAM- that is the diference- PAC 10 and SEC basically are too fast and strong for BIG 10--

The Big 12 is not much much better than the BIG 10 here-

Texas is good but very very very overrated-- I mean come on losing to TECH with a qb who cannot throw a pass over 25 yards and throws the same comeback over and over to crabtree?

Allowing Ok state to get within 4 points of them at home, even though Ok state in the SEC is a middle level team and a lower tier team in the pac 10?

Texas is Texas, they are always percieved to be better than they are--

THey won vs OU that was their best agme this year

Not a lot of time....but my .02....

Lots of teams (good ones) have trouble in bowl season due to the
ol' 'Rust Factor'.
I've been following as closely as possible from right here in Central Tejas and from what I'm hearing the Horns are/have been working and preparing.
Still chips on the shoulders, and the good old "we wanna show the world" attitude going around.....my opinion is VERY BIASED.....but I say...

HOOK 'EM HORNS!

ahc-10064.gif

I think that people are underrating the Texas run D. Everyones focusing on the coaching matchup saying its way in Ohio States favor but then you're forgetting about Muschamp. I think his gameplan will be solid and we'll give Pryor fits. We led the nation in sacks and we'll be bringing the heat. Our defense is also the healthiest its been since the OU game. We would have won in Lubbock with Chykie Brown healthy.

On offense I think we'll start slow and wear down the Ohio State D. Our run game usually sucks until the opposing defense gets tired. We may move the ball early on if we just stick to our efficient pass game. It'll be tight early and UT pulls away and covers thanks to defense. Don't see us putting up tons of points but they'll put up enough. Only X factor is if Ohio State return teams set up good field position. UT special teams coverage can be had.

nothing like a homer post, lol are you living in a dream world? THat post looks pretty similar to a typical square player laying chalk thinking of everything with rose tinted glasses--

Texas run D :36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

Texas leading in sacks- :36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

these are the qb's texas was sacking all year:36_11_6::36_11_6:
Reesing-Harrel-Daniels-Robinson-

no need to over analyize this one. texas is dominant this year. they should be undefeated. I see this being a double digit beat down. Texas has a huge chip on their shoulder and they are out to prove that they should be the ones playing for the national championship. the texas d will shut down ohio state's offense, mccoy will control this game with his arm, and they will be working with a short field all day long (even think we might see a special team score - shipley is a playmaker)

this is true what you are saying, i do not hate texas, they are a good team, but are overrated still.

Ohio state is ohio state- they did lose the big games but were favored by -7 over florida and obly +6 dogs last year to the best team in nation.

This year what does Ohio state have to lose? Nothing at all, this is a free game for them, a free chance to get the program back on track--

I think you will see OSU shut down the overrated O of texas-
OSU may not score much either but the defenses will cover this for OSU-

SO different situation here and OSU is not playing the best team in the nation today-

THey are not playing an SEC TEAM- that is the diference- PAC 10 and SEC basically are too fast and strong for BIG 10--

The Big 12 is not much much better than the BIG 10 here-

Texas is good but very very very overrated-- I mean come on losing to TECH with a qb who cannot throw a pass over 25 yards and throws the same comeback over and over to crabtree?

Allowing Ok state to get within 4 points of them at home, even though Ok state in the SEC is a middle level team and a lower tier team in the pac 10?

THey won vs OU that was their best agme this year

I hear you Sammy.

But I think that you are talking UT a little too lightly here.

There best win was against a team playing in the MNC, thats telling you something. While tOSU's best win is sitting at home after getting blownout in their bowl game.

You are also putting too much stock in the TT loss IMO. That was their 4th straight game against a bowl team on the road at night in Lubbock where they lost with 1 sec left on a miraculous play by a WR that is arguably the best in the country without their star CB.

Remember, the Missouri game was never close, they gave up a ton of pts whent he game was already out of hand. OU was a great game, but they pulled out the win at the end. TT, they started off slow but once they settled down they came back and led till the last second. I think if tOSU went through the same gauntlet they wouldnt have made it as far as UT did IMO.

I gotta wonder just how good this tOSU defense is. Its easy to pad stats against the B10 who have no offense whatsoever.

I'm fine with that...but that game was played with a team that just outphysicalled tOSU on both sides of the ball..

The LSU Oline manhandled a young pup Dline with a power running attack...that is similar to Texas how?

Ohio State moved teh ball up and down the field until they fell behind and became one dimensional...the fast,experienced Dline then Teed off on a young pup offensive line with a statue at QB...that is similar how?

Is it similar just becuase 95% of sportsnation and Mark May it is?

Just curious.

If it's about matchups fine, I can find plenty Texas has the advantage at...But if it's because Rivals main board and ESPN talking heads say so, then that's something different entirely.

To start off I don't watch ESPN and don't want to here anything ESPN says.

This game is similar to the LSU-OSU game imo because OSU was suppose to have the better defense last year also and their defense was suppose to dominate. The LSU defense had gave up close to 50 points 3 seperate times but when it came gametime both defenses were equal.OSU couldnt stop a mediocre LSU offense and I don't think they will be able to stop Texas

Texas's defense is as good as OSU's imo but people don't see it because the Big 12 scored 40 PPG and the Big Ten averages 25 PPG. If the two teams switched confernces Texas would win the Big Ten but OSU would have no chance of winning the Big 12 because they can't score enough

I think we will see a similar game today.
OSU and Texas will both move the ball in the first half .

If OSU gets behind early this game is over .If Texas gets behind early they can come back.

When times get tough from the 8 minute markm of the 3rd quarter on who would you rather have your money on Mccoy and a high powered offense or Pryor a freshman QB with a offense that can't score fast?

We all know Texas's offense is good but people underesimate Texas defnse because they were in a conference that scored lots of points.

Two years ago people under estimated Floridas offense because they played in a confernce that played very good defense

Don't be fooled here guys.

After the game if you took OSU you be saying I can't believe I feel for this pathetic team and conference again

nothing like a homer post, lol are you living in a dream world? THat post looks pretty similar to a typical square player laying chalk thinking of everything with rose tinted glasses--

There are QB's in the Big 10? I thought all they did was run run run punt

Keep telling yourself that. Thats the same bullshit they've been hearing all year. This team played the toughest 5 game stretch in the nation, has been disrespected the whole way, and has a serious case of the redass.

Also, ask ASU last year how playing in the vaunted Pac 10 helped them in a game against a motivated Texas team.

They may cover. They my not. But they're damn sure not overrated or some of the other ridiculous points you make.

To start off I don't watch ESPN and don't want to here anything ESPN says.

This game is similar to the LSU-OSU game imo because OSU was suppose to have the better defense last year also and their defense was suppose to dominate. The LSU defense had gave up close to 50 points 3 seperate times but when it came gametime both defenses were equal.OSU couldnt stop a mediocre LSU offense and I don't think they will be able to stop Texas

Texas's defense is as good as OSU's imo but people don't see it because the Big 12 scored 40 PPG and the Big Ten averages 25 PPG. If the two teams switched confernces Texas would win the Big Ten but OSU would have no chance of winning the Big 12 because they can't score enough

I think we will see a similar game today.
OSU and Texas will both move the ball in the first half .

If OSU gets behind early this game is over .If Texas gets behind early they can come back.

When times get tough from the 8 minute markm of the 3rd quarter on who would you rather have your money on Mccoy and a high powered offense or Pryor a freshman QB with a offense that can't score fast?

We all know Texas's offense is good but people underesimate Texas defnse because they were in a conference that scored lots of points.

Two years ago people under estimated Floridas offense because they played in a confernce that played very good defense

Don't be fooled here guys.

After the game if you took OSU you be saying I can't believe I feel for this pathetic team and conference again
Fair enough...this is all very possible..

there are about six different Ohio State teams that can show up and we don't know Texas mentality....I don't know what to expect in all honesty.

SO alot of unknowns...

Fair enough though..

There are QB's in the Big 10? I thought all they did was run run run punt

Exactly, hes bashing on the B12 QBs like the B10 has Heisman winners all over the place.

Right now, I think Bradford, Harrell, and McCoy are all better QBs than Pryor is at this pt in time. Pryor may be better in the future but not now.

I think UTs game plan is to stop Wells first and make Pryor beat them. Wells is more of a threat IMO. If Pryor can do it, kudos to him.

Theres nothing like a typical Sammy post.

I just hope Matthew McConaughey isn't there with his shirt off. I'm not sure I've ever seen the guy with a shirt.

big 10 has more multi dimensional qb's-

Darrel Clark, Stanzy, Juice are better than the trio of Harrel, daniels and reesing-

WHat is hard to rush and sack a qb that throws 2 yard dump offs and screens all day long-

Texas will be playing a legit athlete tonight, not a little smallish athlete at qb that they overpower-

they cannot overpower Tom Pryor

also guys i remember that texas has a corner that sucks ass--

he is a joke bigtime- tech was abusing the guy

Chykie Brown is back and Beasley won't be starting. Please quit cluttering a good thread with your absolute no knowledge of either one of these teams.

I understand your trying to get attention and be funny throughout this thread but its hurting my head having to scroll/read some of your retarded posts.

jump, good stuff as always on the Buckeyes. They are going to be sending Kindle a ton on the right side of that OL from what I'm hearing. Pryor is going to have to take off alot in this game, and he might be able to do alot of damage with his feet more so then his arm.

If he is connecting passes early on and moving the chains through the air then Texas is in for a long day because they won't be able to stop Wells. The Texas team is built to defend the spread not a power running attack.

I'm not as confident as I once was when I made the play. Think this game is going to pretty close...but then again I haven't had a good read on this Texas team all year.

GL to everyone tonight.

Damn Horn, your the one guy that I wanted to hear in this thread and your not sure about this UT team. Whats the overall morale of the team right now? I know you were talking to some players, but that was in Christmas, has anything changed?

The motivation I don't think is going to be there like I thought it was when this bet was placed. Texas has fallen flat on their asses in situations like this under Mack Brown in previous bowl games.

Hopefully Muschamp will help change it but I'm getting a Utah/Bama type vibe here. These kids want to be in Miami not Phoenix.

Ohio St. is going to be alot hungrier just like Utah was.

Okay, I'm just getting into this thread, but can someone familiar with Texas explain McCoy's 77% completion percentage? They don't dink-dunk like TTech....

big 10 has more multi dimensional qb's-

Darrel Clark, Stanzy, Juice are better than the trio of Harrel, daniels and reesing-

WHat is hard to rush and sack a qb that throws 2 yard dump offs and screens all day long-

Texas will be playing a legit athlete tonight, not a little smallish athlete at qb that they overpower-

they cannot overpower Tom Pryor

You sir are clueless. Why aren't you comparing Clark,Stanzy and Juice to Mccoy ,Bradford and Harrell ? Oh yeah because there is no comparison

Multi dimensional like a QB who threw for 3400 yards and rushes for almost 600?Meet Colt Mccoy sammy meathead

OSU hasn't faired very well against mobile QB's in the past

No problem Horn...I hope it's a great game and both teams show up and hit each other in the mouth...the way these BCS bowls should be played...

I'm off for today so GL on either side...

Go Bucks.

I hope that the Buckeyes will come up with trick plays where Boeckman, Pryor and Wells are all in the game at the same time.

Back