If it's Texas vs. Ohio St.

I can't believe you guys are doubting Bama's motivation. It will be there. Bama will win. Will they cover 10 is the question. I think they do.

Utah is good bro. Good Qb, good lines, great secondary and a great punter/kicker...they tackle very well...a mirror image of bama but getting 10.

I can't believe you guys are doubting Bama's motivation.

Why not. They're not even going to be in the discussion for the national championship. They're playing a bowl game nobody's going to watch. They can win, they may well win, but what's their motivation to pour it on?

I can't believe you guys are doubting Bama's motivation.

Why not. They're not even going to be in the discussion for the national championship. They're playing a bowl game nobody's going to watch. They can win, they may well win, but what's their motivation to pour it on?

:cheers:

THEY SHOULD WIN EASILY...that is where Bowl Game capping comes in...MOTIVATION means everything this time of year and they've gone from being undisputed #1 to afterthought overnight.

Last edited:
Under

OSU Texas IMO both defenses will have success. I think it's fairly obvious with Texas great Dline, Muschamp able to prepare and TOSU one dimensional attack that Texas will have success.

I believe Texas offense is a little overrated. As the season has gone on the big x12 defenses have looked worse and quite frankly no defense Texas has faced has been anything worth anything

--The Ohio State linebackers and secondary I think matchup very good against McCoy passing. Passing defense is a strong point and athletic as I've ever I'ver seen at OSU.

Dline/run defense is the weakness and Texas I was afully disappointed in how they ran on TAMU with that shotgun handoff, seemed really predictable. Texas run does not scare me like Bama, Oklahoma, and even Penn State.

...the OSU Oline is underrated. Since Brewster came in at center and Cordle at guard they are as good as last year IMO. Great power run. Pryor on qb keepers outside will NOT work against Texas. Pass protection would be a concern though against Texas.

Okie State got 200 run yards on Texas, I think OU has some success.

TT, Missouri, just about everyone else isn't in TOSU's class running. Pryor will not turn it over and him and Tressel are very proficient when they do pass. TOSU is Navy like, 113 something pass offense and 20 something pass efficiency.

TOSU will struggle to run I believe but as long as TOSU's defense plays great they will be right in it and Tressel will manage to get some points

-----TEXAS wins, but a close game IMO

Not sure O-State..I think Texas defense eats Pryor alive if he takes too long to make his reads..the question, like you said above..is can OSU defense stop Texas?

Not sure O-State..I think Texas defense eats Pryor alive if he takes too long to make his reads..the question, like you said above..is can OSU defense stop Texas?

Pryor still playing like a Frosh...Tejas' pass rush is NASTY.

tOSU D seen anything like Tejas' explosive offense?

I know Colt played vs. Big 12 D's all year but he completed 75% of his passes...SIMPLY AMAZING.

Orakpo just won the Nagurski as the best defensive player in football. He's a load. Could've used him in that second half vs TT. Texas will also have its best corner back starting and healthy for this game as Chykie Brown has been out since the Mizzu game.

Make no mistake about it I expect Ohio State to absolutely struggle but I have a hunch Ohio State shows up and plays a very good game and defensively holds their own

.....the Texas DLine maybe best nationally, pass rush is maybe more of a concern than rush defense of Texas.

Tressel can be somewhat effective, manageable, if he does not get Pryor on the edges (no chance against Texas) just utilizes Beanie power run, and involves the tight end and Timely passes

Tressel is good at drawing up timely passes schematically when everyone is keying on the run

Kind of like Penn State I think Ohio State if they connect on some passes would of had the game and in 02/03 the OLine was awful the running game couldn't get over 100 yards and he still could manage

-----The 06 TEXAS DLINE, correct me if I'm wrong, that DLine could compare favorably to this year? I just know for sure that Dline was nasty

Ohio State's second unit came in on the opening drive and pushed Texas around for a TD

This year's OLINE for Ohio State is not any worse than 06 when Ohio State went to Austin. In the run department that is, pass pro this Oline is weaker

--The thing is I think Ohio State has very very solid corner's, safeties who are assignment sound and cover ground, and ultra athletic linebackers who get excellent drops in pass coverage and can go sideline to sideline

Texas needs to establish the run on these suspect DT's and pass coverage linebackers

.......Interstingly in Austin in 06 the DT's Pitcock and Patterson were an absolute strength of the defense and they got great push on some veteran Texas guards and the center and really had a nice performance

The weakness was the linebackers replacing Hawk and Carpenter and the safeties and I recall Texas ran at will.....lot's of long runs as Garrett Wolfe did the week before

IMO TEXAS is the better team and will WIN the game

Ohio State has enough moxy to keep this close

10 is a lot.

If you want to compare Ohio State to a team on Tejas schedule it may be Oklahoma State. Okie State is run based and a very efficient pass offense. Robinson does not really put lot's of pass yards up, mostly in the 100's passing yards.

Ohio State's run offense is not as good as Okie State perhaps but very very similar teams

.....Ohio State may be the best defense Texas has seen this year as well. And as well a comparable defense athlete wise and schematically with Okie State

Tim Beckman will help Tress out as much as possible but these teams know each other

I haven't got a chance to look here at the number out but IMO this will be an under type of game

I'm not touching this one but if I did, I take Texas and lay the points. Our offensive line is like a sieve, I'm sure the Texas D coordinator is salivating as we speak.

My team loses large. Bummer. :down:

Saban has had his team motivated for every game this year. If he can get them motivated to play Auburn and Miss St down the stretch, he will definitely have them motivated for a BCS bowl game. Still a lot of points though IMO

Saban has had his team motivated for every game this year. If he can get them motivated to play Auburn and Miss St down the stretch, he will definitely have them motivated for a BCS bowl game. Still a lot of points though IMO

If you ask the die hard BAMA fan, he will tell you that he/she did not expect to be in the national title race this soon. The projection would have been in another 2 years. This team has played lights out this year and will win this bowl game. You better believe that the Boise/OK game will be shoved in the players ears for the next month. Bama should come out looking for blood in this game. Utah will be held below their seasons average.

I also think that the osu defense will do better than expected. Laurinaitus and freeman are pretty damn good linebackers. Jenkins is amazing as a db. The Big 12 always seems to be more of a lets see who can score more than lets see if we can stop the other team. Now Pryor is the Big ???? Beanie very well could have won the damn heisman this year if not for the injury. Robiskie and hartline are great receivers. The Oline needs a little more credit than what they get. Pryor will get pressured that's for sure but what he does when it happens will be the key. yes I'm a homer as big as homers get. I know know my bucks gave cracked the last 2 years in the big game. The 06 game between these two helps give a little insight as they're are quite a few remaining players from both squads. I think it will be a good game. I put Texas somewhere around -5 to -8. You give me anything over a td and a fg and I'll bite.

^ yeah they gave up 28 pts without their best two players on offense and all sorts of problems with their offensive line. ohio state's poor offense actually outgained usc in the first half, and then the back-breaking pick 6 that accounted for a td and then the defense just wore down after two more boeckman turnovers and ended up getting run out of the stadium. they were on the road in one of the more hostile environments in football, and here they'll be playing on a neutral and buckeye fans travel very well.

here they have their heisman and the number one recruit in the country and a revamped oline that has been playing well. they have a lot of seniors they want to send out with a big win. why does this matter to the defense? because the defense will be on the field a lot less. the offense will get more than the 15 first downs they did at usc. they will be able to eat clock. texas has played exactly 3 defenses that weren't absolutely pathetic. they won by more than 10 points ZERO times in those three games. osu's defense is far superior than any of those defenses. we don't have any idea how good texas' run defense because nobody that they play wants to run the ball, and although we have a better idea of how good their offense is---very very good imo---they've definitely have had the benefit of playing a bunch of very weak defenses. i think 24-21 or 28-21 texas is likely

trying to predict results in this game based on the usc game doesn't work imo

I wouldn't compare the Buckeyes offense to Okie St. Not even the same league, ballpark, or planet.

Okie St. offense ranks #7 in the country in ypg and avgs 41 ppg.

I see what your getting at with the rushing attack but the reason Okie St. rushing attack is good is because they have a QB who can throw the ball, and two players catching the ball that will get drafted on the first day in TE Brandon Pettigrew and WR Dez Bryant who might be the second best WR in the country.

Ohio St. is MUCH more one dimensional then Okie St.

Ohio St. offense is the closes thing Will Muschamp has seen since his days in the SEC where he put up ridiculous defensive numbers.

Ohio St. offense is the closes thing Will Muschamp has seen since his days in the SEC where he put up ridiculous defensive numbers.

Exactly.

My concern for Texas' D will be the run stopping by the LBs, but I think that unless tOSU starts slinging the ball that Gideon, Scott, and Thomas get brought up and just layout to kill the run.

So, you're saying it'll be easier for Saban to get his team up to finish the season stomping a team from the Mountain West Conference and a chance for the Top 5 than it was getting them up to play AU & MSU for a shot at an undefeated season, SEC crown, & MNC?

Bama has gone from UNDISPUTED #1...to an afterthought overnight...Saban has his work cut out for him (luckily for Bama he has 3+ weeks).

Mully :cheers:

Last edited:
So, you're saying it'll be easier for Saban to get his team up to finish the season stomping some Mormons and in the Top 5 than it was getting them up to play AU & MSU for a shot at an undefeated season, SEC crown, & MNC?

Bama has gone from UNDISPUTED #1...to an afterthought overnight...Saban has his work cut out for him (luckily for Bama he has 3+ weeks).

Mully :cheers:

BYU are the Mormons.

Utah is the non-religious public school.

I don't like McCoy but his defense and ability to execute are 10x better than Pryor's abilities and defense.

One thing I think we can all agree upon is that Tejas is going to come out FIRED UP...if tOSU can survive the 1st Q they have a chance to cover.
IMO, Tejas has too many advantages over tOSU...as many have astutely noted in this thread.....:tiphat:

I don't think Bama will be too deflated , but I wonder just how hyped up those Utes will be . If they can somehow jump out to a quick 2 TD lead then the question becomes can they hang around the whole game and stay within the number ?

I got that good ol' "gut" feeling on this one as soon as I saw the game announced .

I'm not saying Utah wins outright , but I think this is a BCS dog that can cover .

This is a great thread here guys , and I'll be back to give some more thoughts later in the week .

Boise / OU comes to mind .
Utah / Pitt comes to mind ( sorry gruv ) .

Just putting it out there .

I wouldn't compare the Buckeyes offense to Okie St. Not even the same league, ballpark, or planet.

Okie St. offense ranks #7 in the country in ypg and avgs 41 ppg.

I see what your getting at with the rushing attack but the reason Okie St. rushing attack is good is because they have a QB who can throw the ball, and two players catching the ball that will get drafted on the first day in TE Brandon Pettigrew and WR Dez Bryant who might be the second best WR in the country.

What you cannot deny is Okie State is similar to Ohio State and by far the closest opponent of resemblance that Texas has faced.

They are in the same ball park because if you stop the Okie State run then Okie State cannot pass, period. They setup the pass off the run as much as anyone IMO.

Okie State pass offense 43, efficiency 4
Ohio State pass offense 104, efficiency 26.

What this points too is, first of all most schools are maybe 5, spots better in efficiency than pass offense if they are better at all. VERY RARE Okie State and Ohio State, this is Navy/air force/army numbers.

In effect the run is the central nervous system and WHEN they do pass, if the run is effective, the pass will be complete.

Yes Ohio State is below in stats but big twelve lack of defense and Ohio State switching things up and coming on as teh season progresses I think makes these numbers closer than you can think

---the point is Texas could not stop Okie State's run and from my standpoint Okie State is almost as one dimensional as Ohio State because Okie State runs first and foremost. Everything is off the run. Everything, you could forget about Bryant and stop the run and be successful against Okie State

---------
I basically agree with Joe everything he said. I see a 27-21 type Texas victory.

Ohio State will show up for this game my belief is it will be a tough battle

Okie State has a TE and a WR that will be first round draft picks. They also run a true spread that forces teams to play atleast nickel. Texas was missing its best corner Chykie Brown that game and was banged up and emotionally drained after playing two sky high emotional games (College Gameday Games mind you) in the previous two weeks.

Non of these factors or circumstances will come into play January 5th. tOSU is not only a different ballclub but it's a different situation. Texas will be ready, rested, and very pissed off. I think 10.5 might be a bit much, but there is no way I would play the other side. And I've bet against Texas several times this year.

O-State...Okie State CAN pass..just my opinion..they threw on Oklahoma at will in the first half..maybe it was jsut the games I saw them play that they were able to throw..

If they can somehow jump out to a quick 2 TD lead then the question becomes can they hang around the whole game and stay within the number ?

any team can cover DD against any other team if they get out to a 2 TD lead... no?

What makes anyone think Utah can though get up 2 TDs though? If Florida can't no one can. Bama has dominated the 1st 8 minutes all year long and it will continue in NOLA

let me just make sure there is no confusion

----Oklahoma State I believe can pass very well Dez Bryant is a beast, Pettigrew, company, etc.

Much better than Robiskie and more explosive as a team, certainly a better passing team

---I guess I'm just saying Okie State is not effective whatsoever without the run, I pointed out the efficiency numbers for that reason.

This is true with every team but I think especially these two teams.

---What is probably unfair on my part is that Okie State receives more nickel out of respect for their pass so they are able to run and take what is giving

---Ohio State's defense probably makes up for the passing edge Okie State has on Ohio State, but still the main point I was trying to get at is the closest resemblance of a team to Ohio State on Texas schedule, although maybe not "perfect"

Texasfight I don't see any emotional edge to either team here. Both teams will be ready to play equally. Oklahoma played Missouri after two back to back college gameday games but forget Okie State let's not look too much into that

10 is a pretty spot on number by vegas. I don't believe Ohio State will win so I that is a gamble because lately if I take a dog I don't believe will win I lose against the spread

however I believe it will be close and I would never play Texas

O-State, with respect to the back to back college gameday games, I'm just saying Texas played very flat against Ok. State. Had they played them at the end of November or early October I think they shut down their run game.

It's hard to make an apples to apples comparison between Ok State gashing Texas and Ohio state gashing Texas. Two different spots. A better indicator on how Texas will play defensively is the Kansas game. Texas was semi-rested and semi-healthy, although Orakpo didn't play but 5 snaps.

Offensively, I'm worried about Texas moving the ball effectively. I can see Greg Davis going fetal position here and not adjusting to the speed and ferocity of tOSU's front seven.

Maybe the under is the play.

I just keep coming back to Pryor and his inexperience..I tend to look at games from a qb angle as well and this one scares me.

Anyone want to shed some light on this?

Had they played them at the end of November or early October I think they shut down their run game.

A better indicator on how Texas will play defensively is the Kansas game. Texas was semi-rested and semi-healthy, although Orakpo didn't play but 5 snaps.

Offensively, I'm worried about Texas moving the ball effectively. I can see Greg Davis going fetal position here and not adjusting to the speed and ferocity of tOSU's front seven.

texasfight i respect your opinion greatly, especially when it comes to your team...i have seen you pop into threads and give great analysis that proved to be spot on. i just don't understand a couple of these statements---not saying you're wrong, but i just don't know if i agree.

what evidence do we have that if they play okstate in early october they shut down the run game? imo, that's the only team on their schedule that wanted to run the football at all and they did. kansas doesn't run the ball anywhere near as well as ohio state. i am trying to figure out why people think this texas rush defense is so good. i may be wrong, and they may be able to shut ohio state down, and the non-existent passing game will certainly help them do so, but i don't really see texas as a run-stopping team despite the numbers. i think the stats are skewed due to the type of competition they had in that conference.

i don't think that texas has faced a defense like this, but i think they'll be able to move the ball. ohio state has to win t.o.p. to be competitive. it's the ohio state pass rush that i think will be key on that side of the ball. they have not been good at times getting pressure, and that could kill them.

pryor's inexperience is definitely an issue, but i think he has had to grow up pretty quickly with playing time at usc and a huge game vs penn state in which he did make the big mistake. i feel much more comfortable with him in this game as far as not making big mistakes than i were to feel if the senior boeckman was in the game, which isn't saying much, but i don't think it will end up being an issue. i expect a few small mistakes...maybe taking a sack while holding on to the ball too long...maybe missing a throw or two...but i doubt he makes that big mistake that changes the momentum and is a huge swing point in a game. he's usually almost too safe with the ball, and that penn state fumble was his fault, but it wasn't your typical freshman mistake where he threw over top of a lb or across his body and it resulted in a pivotal pick. he saw green and tried to make a biggger play than what was needed. i am pleased with his performances overall in big games, especially as a young qb. i expect him to make a lot more positive big plays than negative ones, and i think he has a good game. the receivers and defensive line worry me much more than pryor does...

any team can cover DD against any other team if they get out to a 2 TD lead... no?

What makes anyone think Utah can though get up 2 TDs though? If Florida can't no one can. Bama has dominated the 1st 8 minutes all year long and it will continue in NOLA
I for sure am not thinking that Utah will get out to a lead like that , but a kickoff return and a turnover run back and then Boom . I know what Bama has done all year and I'm not saying the Utes will do this , but anything is possible . I'm just talking about Utah staying within 10 .

I don't know what to make of it yet , and I'll be curious as game time approaches what the physcie is of the two teams . If it were as easy as some make it out to be then sure , let's load up on Bama . But it's not easy . Just because they are Utah dos'nt mean anyone should automatically think that Bama should control the first 8 minutes . And I disagree about if Florida can't then noone can . But that's just me .

I'm not even sure if I'll bet this one or not . Just trying to get some feelings for it . Which way do you , or anyone , think the line is going to move ? Is everyone gonna pile on Bama and drive it up some ?

What do you make of the total ? I'm seeing 46 .

Being from the Pittsburgh area, I am quite familiar with T Pryor - this kid is a winner, period. He has been his entire life in multiple sports. Since Ohio State has inserted him into the lineup, the team has played much better. They should have won the Penn State game if it wasn't for Pryor's extra effort to gain a couple extra yards which led to his fumble and a Penn State victory. Did anyone see how dejected Pryor was after losing the Penn State game??? I am telling you this kid hates to lose, and since that game OSU has dominated every game. Here are some of the factors which I believe will lead to an OSU victory or, at the very least, cover:

1. T Pryor's will to win and maturity after having almost a full season under his belt
2. A healthy running game
3. A Texas team lacking motivation (let's face it, they believe they should be playing for the NC)
4. Slight coaching advantage to OSU

texasfight i respect your opinion greatly, especially when it comes to your team...i have seen you pop into threads and give great analysis that proved to be spot on. i just don't understand a couple of these statements---not saying you're wrong, but i just don't know if i agree.

what evidence do we have that if they play okstate in early october they shut down the run game? imo, that's the only team on their schedule that wanted to run the football at all and they did. kansas doesn't run the ball anywhere near as well as ohio state. i am trying to figure out why people think this texas rush defense is so good. i may be wrong, and they may be able to shut ohio state down, and the non-existent passing game will certainly help them do so, but i don't really see texas as a run-stopping team despite the numbers. i think the stats are skewed due to the type of competition they had in that conference.

i don't think that texas has faced a defense like this, but i think they'll be able to move the ball. ohio state has to win t.o.p. to be competitive. it's the ohio state pass rush that i think will be key on that side of the ball. they have not been good at times getting pressure, and that could kill them.

pryor's inexperience is definitely an issue, but i think he has had to grow up pretty quickly with playing time at usc and a huge game vs penn state in which he did make the big mistake. i feel much more comfortable with him in this game as far as not making big mistakes than i were to feel if the senior boeckman was in the game, which isn't saying much, but i don't think it will end up being an issue. i expect a few small mistakes...maybe taking a sack while holding on to the ball too long...maybe missing a throw or two...but i doubt he makes that big mistake that changes the momentum and is a huge swing point in a game. he's usually almost too safe with the ball, and that penn state fumble was his fault, but it wasn't your typical freshman mistake where he threw over top of a lb or across his body and it resulted in a pivotal pick. he saw green and tried to make a biggger play than what was needed. i am pleased with his performances overall in big games, especially as a young qb. i expect him to make a lot more positive big plays than negative ones, and i think he has a good game. the receivers and defensive line worry me much more than pryor does...

Mainly because they absolutely shut down ou's rushing attack even with the threat of Bradford and company. They had difficulty in the OSU game because they had to roll coverage to Bryant because Curtis Brown was making his first start due to Chykie's injury. Chykie Brown is the best corner in the big 12 and his absence cost Texas the Tech game.

With tOSU, I don't think Texas needs to play nickel, which means Kindle can play stand up sic 'em from his Will position. That's bad news for a TE or fullback trying to get leverage on Sergio in the run game. See Nebraska last year.

Also keep in mind Texas started 3 freshman in the secondary against Ok State. They were more worried about getting beat deep than anything else. Not only is their secondary more seasoned this late in the year, but they'll have their best player at full health. tOSU's in a world of hurt offensively, especially considering Muschamp will have a month to install his packages. Plus, the Buckeyes offense is right in Will's SEC wheelhouse. I'm sure you remember Muschamp shutting out arkansas' Wild Hog offense last year. An offense that include two first round draft picks Felix Jones and Darren McFadden.

Well one major difference is that when you play oklahoma state , you have to respect the passing game. TOSU not so much. I think Texas can afford to commit more people to the LOS without having to worry about defending a Crabtree , Iglesias , Maclin or Bryant. TOSU just doesn't have the types of receivers that are going to scare the longhorn secondary imo. In addition , Pryor , as hunt mentions , is just too inexperienced and not a great accurate passer ..... texas has faced an INCREDIBLE STRING OF GREAT PASSERS. Vittatoe , Clement , Bradford , Robinson , Daniel , Harrell , and Reesing......

Not saying i would necessarily lay this many vs that tosu defense but the matchup here allows texas to commit more men to stopping the run, imo.

Mainly because they absolutely shut down ou's rushing attack even with the threat of Bradford and company. They had difficulty in the OSU game because they had to roll coverage to Bryant because Curtis Brown was making his first start due to Chykie's injury. Chykie Brown is the best corner in the big 12 and his absence cost Texas the Tech game.

With tOSU, I don't think Texas needs to play nickel, which means Kindle can play stand up sic 'em from his Will position. That's bad news for a TE or fullback trying to get leverage on Sergio in the run game. See Nebraska last year.

Also keep in mind Texas started 3 freshman in the secondary against Ok State. They were more worried about getting beat deep than anything else. Not only is their secondary more seasoned this late in the year, but they'll have their best player at full health. tOSU's in a world of hurt offensively, especially considering Muschamp will have a month to install his packages. Plus, the Buckeyes offense is right in Will's SEC wheelhouse. I'm sure you remember Muschamp shutting out arkansas' Wild Hog offense last year. An offense that include two first round draft picks Felix Jones and Darren McFadden.

whoops , said much better than me. nice post.

Being from the Pittsburgh area, I am quite familiar with T Pryor - this kid is a winner, period. He has been his entire life in multiple sports. Since Ohio State has inserted him into the lineup, the team has played much better. They should have won the Penn State game if it wasn't for Pryor's extra effort to gain a couple extra yards which led to his fumble and a Penn State victory. Did anyone see how dejected Pryor was after losing the Penn State game??? I am telling you this kid hates to lose, and since that game OSU has dominated every game. Here are some of the factors which I believe will lead to an OSU victory or, at the very least, cover:

1. T Pryor's will to win and maturity after having almost a full season under his belt
2. A healthy running game
3. A Texas team lacking motivation (let's face it, they believe they should be playing for the NC)
4. Slight coaching advantage to OSU

I agree to some extent..I think McCoy's willingness to not lose is just as strong and Texas should be motivated..I jsut don't think Pryor has seen a defense like Texas..line all the way down to 9..gonna wait till last minute to make a bet. Texas' defense is fast and physical, and McCoy is a helluva QB...has great sync with his receivers..his completion percentage is a little out of this world.

It comes down to playmakers for me as well..TP and Wells are definitely playmakers but beyond that, not so sure. I definitely thought OSU's all world secondary would create more turnovers than they did this year...but still a great defense.

Does Texas having trouble with Griffin scare anyone? Also, OSU generally struggles with mobile qb's...just a food for thought.

First thing that comes to mind in this matchup is

Ohio State run vs. Texas great Dline. And that is all Texas has to worry about is OSU run

I expect Ohio State to not have a cake walk running, I think 125 would be maybe a good number?

-----Jim Tressel is always good for a few timely plays that are well devised and thought out over bowl preparation

What I am saying in all of this is I expect Ohio State to struggle......obviously, this is not a potent offense and we have the #1 Dline against a one dimensional attack. But I do not envision Ohio State shutout or held to 3 points like vs. Penn State. I think they can get 14 on the board although not more than 21.

I have stated why i believe the Ohio State defense will play extremely well. That is the key in all of this is the Ohio State defense. I don't see Texas getting more than 30.

I also do not look highly upon the defenses Texas has faced and most importantly I have a great feel Ohio State shows up extremely ready and prepared.....I do not buy the Texas will be pissed off and more ready because they aren't in the national championship here at all....Ohio State is the underdog they have performed badly on stages and Texas feels pretty invincible and good about themselves...but not about the BCS.

----------Just my two cents but I would be more afraid if Texas just lost to Aggie.

Texas needs that mindset vs. Arizona State. They were the killers, the attackers.

One team I am worried about as far as motivation..Alabama.

Didn't this happen to West Virginia last year???

I am now thinking Bama is going to be ultra motivated.

I like they lost these guys know this season will still be a success if they win their bowl

I recall Ohio State pounded in Ann Arbor Chris Perry game in 03 denying national championship went out and pounded K-State

USC losing to UCLA denied title game goes to Rose Bowl and dominates

-----losing before a bowl game makes this more enticing I am looking up some incredible stats

Especially with great teams they think look if we win this bowl game all we've did, only one regular season blemish, why not go to the bowl game and make this a succes?

That loss sticks with you and you can't wait to end the seson right------if a team has pride and leaders this trend is money

SABAN is the perfect coach. BAMA wants to make this season a success and cap it off right. That's a fact.

Back