If it's Texas vs. Ohio St.

IF I played on Texas I wouldnt even care about this game and bother even playing- I would be like fuck it BCS screwed us, we dont care about OSU--

Texas cared to play Florida, OU, maybe even a good team like Utah or Vtech, but how do they get excited playing OSU. THey wil take them lightly these are young kids.

IF OSU played in the BIG 12 they would likely have 1 loss also. Which style is better?

OSU lost the big games vs florida and LSU who were fast strong and big and also national championships teams meaning best teams in nation-
OSU had troy smith and some clown qb'ing last year-

Now they have Tom PRYOR and I heard he is good. Texas is not even close to the Florida and LSU team that beat OSU-

OSU has gotten better with TOM PRYOR and TEXAS IMO is not even a top 10 team-

I can alrady say that Florida, Oklahoma, Vtech, Utah, Texas Tech, Ole Miss, Lsu, Oregon, USc, Penn state, could all beat TEXAS.

Texas is all hype, they are not a good team at all, the win over OU is fooling people, they got lucky there, got a punt return td. anyone think they would even come close to OU now is crazy. OU would pound texas by 3 td's in a bowl game if they play.

Texas great run defense?

Did they play a team that can run the ball like OREGON or USc or VTECH or GTECH?

Who runs the ball in the big 12? no one does--

Texas attracts people, bettors remember vince young, nice orange uniforms, mack brown, all the colt Mckoy talk, even though he did basicaly nothing special at all this year-

Put a QB like TEBOW in the big 12, Javan SNEAD, MASOLI, Sanchez they would rip it even worse--

What no one will convince me is that other than BRADFORD the big 12 has the worst qb's in the nation in that conference--

DANIELS is crap, he is being hidden by the system, the dude sucks shit--

HARREL- He sucks also cant even thorw a deep ball, all he does is dink and dunk all day long- He was exposed vs Ole miss and OU- this guy sucks--

Reesing- He stinks also he is 4 foot 8 inches tall-

Ok state- That guy runs runs and cant throw either--

The only 2 qb's that can throw is BRadford and MCKOY- Bradford does not run and throws very well. I am telling you MCKOY cannot do it without his legs, he has to run to be effective. He will not run its all over for texas-

Remember the bIG 12 has no defenses and also has no good qb's either--

CLear your head take a deep breath--

Out of all the bowl games who were the most dissapointing QB's to play?

I think it was Daniels and Harrel-- They both threw passes out of bounds on deep passes about 5 times each-

THey had no resolve and could not complete anything more than 15 yards-

These are dink and dunkers in that division-

Mckoy for all the talk about him he is decent but average-- TOM PRYOR is the real dangerous athlete tonight playing-

Texas played vs arguably some of the worst qb's out there in Chase Daniels, Harrel, Reesing, these guys are not athletic at all-- Now they go from playing qb's that dink and dunk all day long and look like their hair is on fire when their is a pass rush on them-

Now texas finally plays a real athlete- TOM PRYOR

Texas lost to Texas tech out of all teams, a real good team like Florida and USc would never lose to panzy texas tech-

I really think texas is overrated bigtime- their schedule was a joke playing some really bad teams like rice, florida atlantic.

Not to defend Texas but that game against TT was something like their 4th straight game against Top 10 competition. Tough to stay motivated and focused with big game after big game and its not like they were crushed they lost in the last seconds of the game.

As for the Big 10, I think its been a joke all along they got 2 teams into the BCS. Down year for the conference and it just so happened OSU lost at the right times and slowly crawled back into bsc consideration.

Regardless these bowl games mean all or nothing to some teams and Horn might be onto something about the motivation on Texas' side of things based on his firsthand experience with these guys. All I know is if Texas does or will come out motivated this game should not even be close, look what USC did to them, they were scared on that field that night and wanted off the field and no part of that game.

Well, OU and Okie St can run..OU had 48 yds on 26 carries..that ain't real good..but they gave up on it.

Ohio State has to throw the ball to run it...otherwise they will get beat handily here...the PSU game is a good barameter of how hard it is to run it when the other team knows that's what you are doing...I refuse to believe that Ohio St does this run on first, run on 2nd, throw it on third and seven game in this game like the PSU game..

Pryor has the reps now...he's comfortable in the offense...the last three games over 40 ppg show that...they opened some stuff up.

The run will have to be set up with the pass here...if they do, Beanie will have a good game...he's out of his combat boot of a shoe now and his mobility will be the best it's been since week 1..

Alot of people are playing to get paid here....Alex Boone...a big game against Orakpo will earn him a ton of money...JL...have a big game, get tackles for loss, mid first rather than late first or early 2nd...Beanie..show toughness, etc...big game...mid first rather than late first or early 2nd..

Huge game for all these kids who have great legacies in Cbus...4-0 vs the HOTN...4 big ten titles..etc..

THey need a signature win...we'll see.

Old Tommy PRYOR is going to give texas fits running--

Texas stops weak armed non athletic qb's like Harrel and daniels and Ok state QB RObertson.

BIg 12 qb's are a joke, they are terrible. Fuck I think their parents put tires in the backyard suspend them in the air and have thier kids throw a football through the tires hundreds of times a day for accuracy. That is all these big 12 clowns can do, is throw 5 to 10 yards accurately. THey have no other game including no deep ball.

IT is what it is, public perception is all over texas here even though this game should be texas -3

New England won a Super Bowl using the short passing game as a run game....it's not JV football..

It's called move the ball how you have too..using your skill set and personnel....

Jump on BOARD?

Can this new qb Tom PRYOR throw the ball well? I never seen him play, all i heard was he is really big like 7 foot 4 and can jump from the 50 and end up in the end zone, other than that i know nothing about his passing ability.

His passing game is just way behind but improves weekly...

There's really been a couple problems...

1. He hasn't been put in positions to succeed...JT's passing scheme is about as advanced as mine was in 5th Grade Pop Warner...go in a straight line this way or an out this way...very little crossing routes, etc to make space..

2. His timing...he simply needs a receiver to be wide open to deliver the football..he doesn't anticipate well and deliver it on time...it's just being a freshman..Troy didn't do it until the end of his junior year...TP was starting four games in his freshman..he's improved a ton..

The passing game is just elementary at this piont or was basically alot of the year...no offensive td's in three games overall wasn't good..

But the last four games there was a huge difference..but it's still raw...see the pick first series of UM game....just way late on an out...all stuff that will improve in time..look at the difference with Colt from the 06 game where he really struggles with the zone we threw at him vs where he is today...alot of that had to do, IMO, with Greg Davis changing what he was doing...and the rest was McCOy getting reps..he was good enough that Snead saw the writing early and moved on..for good reason

Kid just needs reps and the staff to be a little more creative...and put the kid in shotgun so he can scan the field quicker...please.

the 40 days will only help...we'll see how much...I've heard he's much better...he doesn't have to be VY tonight..just has to be able to deliever the ball enough to get those safeties outta the box some and keep the DE"s from being able to pin those ears back at will..

and RUN...when it's not there RUN...that's the best way to keep the DE's from being able to abuse Bryant Browning...make em worry about contain

I do not know much about how good of a passer Mkcoy is.....but ohio states secondary is fucking nasty......tejas will not just pass all day on them, malcom jenkins is 1st round nfl selection, and the both safties and other cb are probally going to be drafted as well.....the under seems to be the play to me.....

I do not know much about how good of a passer Mkcoy is.....but ohio states secondary is fucking nasty......tejas will not just pass all day on them, malcom jenkins is 1st round nfl selection, and the both safties and other cb are probally going to be drafted as well.....the under seems to be the play to me.....
Ohio state is good, talented, and deep at CB...Jenkins is great...Chekwa is way underrated and Washington might be best skill set of them all at third CB..

They are weaker at safety...Coleman improved a ton to all Big Ten and will be all american next year...but Anderson Russell is a liability..out of position more thna he should be and not always a sure tackler..also plays "slow" based on inability to read at times...not the same since the Iowa injury but improving....very little depth at safety too..

Alot of times they go "Star" rather than dime...getting that small LB/safety hybrid on the field to get after the QB and take away the dump area..

Will be VERY important esp how much Texas utilizes Ogbonnaya in the passing game..Tyler Moeller has to show up on the screen.

The underneath tackling is HUGE vs Texas.

i think a lot of the pryor passing struggles have to do with our receivers, who are below average compared to the receivers we've had in columbus in the past. his best passing comes when a play breaks down and he escapes out of the pocket and is able to make plays just based on athletic ability and not just holding the ball in the pocket and making reads

i think a lot of the pryor passing struggles have to do with our receivers, who are below average compared to the receivers we've had in columbus in the past. his best passing comes when a play breaks down and he escapes out of the pocket and is able to make plays just based on athletic ability and not just holding the ball in the pocket and making reads
I agree esp outside...Robo is limited athletically..Hartline should be in the slot, but can't be based on personnel or rather who they play..

I would love to see Robo and Posey outside, and Hartline in the slot..he would be good there...not Gonzo, but similar...Gonzo was awful outside the little he played there too..he's made to slot..

You have to understand they don't do anything with the scheme to get them in space though..it's not hard to cover a guy with avg speed in a straight line..I watch a lot of these games live and the routes aren't brain surgery..it's about beating your man..that doesnt' happen everytime..

Tonight I like what we'll see though...Robo and Posey outside with Dane in the slot is a nice setup IMO...

Hartline misssing curfew is a blessing in this game IMO...

The most recent big game Texas had was Texas Tech, an in-state rival, and Texas shit the bed. I think they do it again on another big game with a more formidable opponent. ;)

I don't think that's a good comparison though shark...that was a fucking snake pit they walked into..

ONce they got their feet under them it was a much different game..

Just woulnd't put a ton of weight on that game.

I will say that I don't see Texas having much success in the return area...Ohio State is excellent this year in that department.

SHipley had two huge returns in big games..the kickoff return vs OU and punt return vs TTU.

I don't think he gets anything in that area tonight.

I don't think that's a good comparison though shark...that was a fucking snake pit they walked into..

ONce they got their feet under them it was a much different game..

Just woulnd't put a ton of weight on that game.
Oh, I wasnt putting ANY weight on it as I have capped it simply on stats but I can see Texas choking in a similar fashion.

texas is born to shit the bed-- this talk about national champions is rubbish--

usc beats them 45-0 on neutral field,gators also, so go home texas

Shark, your friend Joe has Texas in two nice sized teasers to 1.5, so find a way to get your head right and make sure they win this f**ker by at least a FG.

Thank you.

=)

this is the year that the bcs choke artists rise up...both buckeyes and sooners
Ohio State is 4-2 in the BCS..

icon11.gif

The line of -8 is merely a recommendation by las vegas- It really means nothing-

The line of -8 is a recommendation, the same as me recommending to a hot blonde to have sex with old sammy.

well unfortunately the only thing anyone seems to remember is the last 2 years jump
sure...

UF was a choke even though apparently the better team..

LSU can't really be a choke job as a six point dog I wouldn't think.

Losing by 14 as six point dogs seems routine?

good points about the receivers and the return game, jump...agree 100%

what the hell do you anticipate with the packages where pryor and boeckman are in? pryor split out or in the backfield?...i have no idea what to expect from that...but frankly, i'm not looking forward to it. i know tress wants his profile seniors on the field at some point, but i'm not necessarily looking forward to boeckman or wells playing time

I don't like Cordle out...I don't like Hartline basically suspended for two series....Saine is out...Williams suspended at least a half...Hines limited..

Would you write more about these things please? Cordle is the starting center? And what's up with those suspensions? What's the matter with Hines?

Thanks.

How much can a team change an offense in 40 days? That feels a little overhyped to me.
Well if you more confidence in what the QB can handle, then I'd assume you can change it a whole helluva alot, no?

They were using about 30% of the playbook in the Purdue game..I have no clue what they are going to use now.

I just hope it's the side of the playbook that isn't ISO dive on every first and second down.

It's about tendancies....You have to break them to be successful vs teams with equal talent. That's where Ohio State has struggled as of late.

Breaking tendancies and execution.

goopstar, imo the comments referred to the wrinkles that were designed to take advantage of certain strengths the buckeyes have that may be able to exploit texas. i don't think the overall make-up or focal point of the offense changes, but with the right preparation and focus on one opponent, and especially with a developing athletic qb (the type that texas has proven to struggle against) it could turn out to be a big factor

You are going to see a UTAH type of Buckeye team today-

buckeyes will play like former legends Terry Glenn, Bobby Hoying, Eddie George, and Davis Boston-

Buckeyes are gonna buck all the way to the finish line--

Buckeyes coach Jerry Tressel is gonna outduel and outcoach Mark Brown of Texas. Clint MCKOY is in big trouble--

Oh yeah i forgot to add-- OSU has a guy named TOM Pryor, he's kind of a big deal

Well if you more confidence in what the QB can handle, then I'd assume you can change it a whole helluva alot, no?

They were using about 30% of the playbook in the Purdue game..I have no clue what they are going to use now.

I just hope it's the side of the playbook that isn't ISO dive on every first and second down.

It's about tendancies....You have to break them to be successful vs teams with equal talent. That's where Ohio State has struggled as of late.

Breaking tendancies and execution.

I believe in confidence def and when it comes to that, then the idea of the offense changing/evolving makes sense.

I just remember them saying the same things last year and the year before for the NC games. With a young QB, true freshman as well, it's a totally different ballgame.

goopstar, imo the comments referred to the wrinkles that were designed to take advantage of certain strengths the buckeyes have that may be able to exploit texas. i don't think the overall make-up or focal point of the offense changes, but with the right preparation and focus on one opponent, and especially with a developing athletic qb (the type that texas has proven to struggle against) it could turn out to be a big factor

Yeah man, I hear ya. I understand they aren't going to change their offense totally. They aren't the Lions or something.

even if Jerry Tressel does the old Dungy offense of run run and pass on 3rd we are okay--

That is not a bad move, shorten the game, and Texas D is not used to being on the field for long drives at all.

Sure OSU lost to Florida and LSU, but TEXAS is a joke- IMO there are so many teams that can beat them good-

Texas beat Ok state by 4? Mizzou by only 25? allowed 31 to Chad Daniels who is by far one of the jokes as a qb in college ball--

This is gonna be a BUCKEYE BIG 10 game and not a bloody big 12 crap game-

Texas is playing a best D they face all year- they are facing a real QB, not a little panzy like Harrel or daniels or the midget reesing-

Texas is pretty much finished, they have nothing to gain here and everyting to lose here

good points about the receivers and the return game, jump...agree 100%

what the hell do you anticipate with the packages where pryor and boeckman are in? pryor split out or in the backfield?...i have no idea what to expect from that...but frankly, i'm not looking forward to it. i know tress wants his profile seniors on the field at some point, but i'm not necessarily looking forward to boeckman or wells playing time
I think the Dispatch took something from a coach and ran with it to sell newspaper copies. I think it was overhyped. Espn decides its bottom line worthy.

I think it's just to keep the defense guessign...we'll see it pretty early I'd say and judge how well it works and go from there...if they see confusion, and like the matchups it would create, then we might see more of it...I think it's just a way to maybe create a mismatch down the field vs the young secondary of Texas and more something else to give Muschamp to adjust off of..

But it certainly wasn't supposed to get out..and Fort Tressel can't like that...so there's no way to know how they plan to implement it.

Also, maybe we see TP in a jump ball scenario in the red zone? We'll see...

Remember though, defenses read keys...they don't read numbers...so it shouldn't change much of what they are doing.

Back