I sure am glad Jason Campbell sucks

seriously though did anyone see that phillies game?

They almost blew a FUCKING 11 RUN LEAD!!!!

these guys are determined to kill me

For what its worth and as crazy as it sounds. I actually would not mind seeing Culpepper with the Bears. I still think he has something left in him, he would be back in the division he is familiar with, and I honestly think if the Bears unleash Hester in the WR role he could be a big play threat ala the old Culpepper/Moss days. Sounds crazy I'm sure but something I think could happen.

doubt he last the regular season in fact.

See, I disagree. I see this as a TB with Dilfer type thing. Where they just beg him not to f**k up and let the defense do its thing. Only it took Dilfer forever to learn to stay within himself, he had to get shipped off to Baltimore before it sunk in.

I just don't see Lovie bailing out unless the Bears start dropping games left and right and with that defense, in that conference, I don't see that happening.

I got a QB for the bears...rocket arm..experienced...and looking for one last comeback...

Brewer..you LOVE this..

1990 draft top pick..

Mr. Jeff George!

doubt he last the regular season in fact.

See, I disagree. I see this as a TB with Dilfer type thing. Where they just beg him not to f**k up and let the defense do its thing. Only it took Dilfer forever to learn to stay within himself, he had to get shipped off to Baltimore before it sunk in.

I just don't see Lovie bailing out unless the Bears start dropping games left and right and with that defense, in that conference, I don't see that happening.

Its a good point but by that point Dilfer could manage the games...

Seems Rex cannot over period of time yet. I hope for the best from the guy. He showed so many flashes in beginning b4 the injuries but is sooo inconsistent now.

actually would not mind seeing Culpepper with the Bears.

If I was an emoticon guy I'd post that one with the guy wagging his finger.

You don't want that.

His decisions before he got hurt were awful--I don't know why, maybe without Moss he lost some confidence, but he was on a highway to hell even before that knee got mangled.

Without a security blanket I wouldn't touch that guy with a 10 foot pole.

I got a QB for the bears...rocket arm..experienced...and looking for one last comeback...

Brewer..you LOVE this..

1990 draft top pick..

Mr. Jeff George!

If Jason Campbell were to get injured, it honestly would not suprise me to see the Redskins pick up Jeff George over the transaction wire

You don't want that.

His decisions before he got hurt were awful--I don't know why, maybe without Moss he lost some confidence, but he was on a highway to hell even before that knee got mangled.

The guy was damn good for a few years because he was a dual threat at his size. W/O the running threat he isn't an NFL starter anymore.

How dem Sixers looking Smoke?

Can you explain to me why they havent traded Andre Miller for something? Maybe theyre just waiting till the deadline to get max value for him? I mean if theres ever been a case of 'which one doesnt belong'

Anyways, after this year plenty of cap room and some stud free agents on the market to go with a top 5 pick hopefully we can land a rose or a mayo to go with a gilbert arenas and a power forward and its on in 2008!

Seems Rex cannot over period of time yet. I hope for the best from the guy. He showed so many flashes in beginning b4 the injuries but is sooo inconsistent now.

I say this all the time about Rex, and it's somewhat moot now, but if you ever needed an example of why you need to stay in college, he's it.

He needed to mature so badly it's not even funny. Now, I admit Spurrier hung him out to dry, but if he'd have stayed four years, he might have slipped in the draft some, but he would be much better for it.

Can you explain to me why they havent traded Andre Miller for something? Maybe theyre just waiting till the deadline to get max value for him? I mean if theres ever been a case of 'which one doesnt belong'

Anyways, after this year plenty of cap room and some stud free agents on the market to go with a top 5 pick hopefully we can land a rose or a mayo to go with a gilbert arenas and a power forward and its on in 2008!

Didn't Gilbert sign an extension with Washington? Just sticks out but I could be wrong.

Andre Miller killed your draft position last year because he runs a team so well. He'll be gone at deadline..better time for value.

You guys need a draw other than Iggy--who probably doesn't sell a lot of tickets anyway.

Once AI left, well, even before, there just wasn't a lot of excitement around that team.

Your Flyers could be decent this year, though, thanks to that spending spree.

why not? I hear Mark Rypien is available as well.

And it's been a good seven years since Gus Ferrotte banged his head into a wall, he too should be good to go.

You guys need a draw other than Iggy--who probably doesn't sell a lot of tickets anyway.

Once AI left, well, even before, there just wasn't a lot of excitement around that team.

Your Flyers could be decent this year, though, thanks to that spending spree.

Philly hasn't drawn well for hoops other than the prime Iverson years...even back in Chucks days the spectrum wouldn't be totally full...

You don't want that.

Think a lot of that had to do with what he had to work with. The Vikings WR core after Moss left wasn't all that great. Don't forget he started his career there with 2 great WR's in Cris Carter and Randy Moss, then he was down to Randy Moss, then he was down to a bunch of guys that were mainly maybe decent options as 2nd receivers on some teams, but no real breakout top WR threat.

why not? I hear Mark Rypien is available as well.

And it's been a good seven years since Gus Ferrotte banged his head into a wall, he too should be good to go.

OMG, had forgotten about that.

Gus still made the best pass play I ever witnessed live at game back in 1999

That was the "greatest show on turf" debut year. Game at the Dome..4th and 27...30 seconds left and Gus completes like a 30 yard pass for Lions..and then a TD a few plays later. Most exciting finish I ever have been too.

Think a lot of that had to do with what he had to work with. The Vikings WR core after Moss left wasn't all that great. Don't forget he started his career there with 2 great WR's in Cris Carter and Randy Moss, then he was down to Randy Moss, then he was down to a bunch of guys that were mainly maybe decent options as 2nd receivers on some teams, but no real breakout top WR threat.

Randall had his best passing year of carer with those guys..they were that good for a few years

Philly hasn't drawn well for hoops other than the prime Iverson years...even back in Chucks days the spectrum wouldn't be totally full...

My feeling is because that's an Eagles' town first and foremost. Even the Flyers, I feel can out draw the Sixers if people think the Sixers are soft.

The Sixers seem to follow a pattern.

Get one superstar, that's loved by the town--Dr. J., Charles, AI, then the people flock. But one guy doesn't do it in the NBA, so they either need to get other guys to keep the team good and the people there, or the people leave even though they still love that star.

For Doc they got Moses, Cheeks, Bobby Jones, etc. They couldn't do it for Chuck and AI and now they're in need of starting the cycle over again.

Randall had his best passing year of carer with those guys..they were that good for a few years

Thank you.

Seriously, if you can't have a good passing year with Moss and Chris Carter on the outside, I'm not sure you deserve to be in the league.

Not to mention I'm pretty sure Robert Smith was still playing then.

They had a lot of balance on that team.

My feeling is because that's an Eagles' town first and foremost. Even the Flyers, I feel can out draw the Sixers if people think the Sixers are soft.

The Sixers seem to follow a pattern.

Get one superstar, that's loved by the town--Dr. J., Charles, AI, then the people flock. But one guy doesn't do it in the NBA, so they either need to get other guys to keep the team good and the people there, or the people leave even though they still love that star.

For Doc they got Moses, Cheeks, Bobby Jones, etc. They couldn't do it for Chuck and AI and now they're in need of starting the cycle over again.

totally agree. Iggy is going to be a star for years to come but doesn't have the personality to "sell"

Thank you.

Seriously, if you can't have a good passing year with Moss and Chris Carter on the outside, I'm not sure you deserve to be in the league.

Not to mention I'm pretty sure Robert Smith was still playing then.

They had a lot of balance on that team.
Yes, Robert Smith.

When I started watching NFL in late 80's I loved barry and randall...consequently those were the teams I loved...

I love iggy as much as anyone but i dont think he can carry a franchise - as a number 2 guy hed be as good as it gets, but not a flat out superstar

Also, I'm not saying Culpepper sucked, he didn't. He was great. But like BAR said, his mobility is now shot, and I've seen nothing to see that--like Steve Young--he's been able to make that transition from runner to passer.

Though, Steve Young and John Elway might be exceptions to the rule. Donovan is trying desperately to make this leap and even he's struggling. Few guys seem to be able to do it.

I mean, if Charlie Frye can't master it, some will tell you it can't be done.

you guys need to hold an intervention for me - im watching paris hiltons most shocking moments on vh1

After that loss, I will not judge what a guy's gotta do to get by.

If you follow it up with a "Best Week Ever" or even a 'Flavor of Love: Charm School,' I'm not gonna be mad at 'cha.

Also, I'm not saying Culpepper sucked, he didn't. He was great. But like BAR said, his mobility is now shot, and I've seen nothing to see that--like Steve Young--he's been able to make that transition from runner to passer.

Though, Steve Young and John Elway might be exceptions to the rule. Donovan is trying desperately to make this leap and even he's struggling. Few guys seem to be able to do it.

I mean, if Charlie Frye can't master it, some will tell you it can't be done.
Thing with Nabb is he hated being labeled a running QB since beginning and has tried to mold himself into a traditional QB forever and has done it well. Adjustment shouldn't be as hard now.

you guys need to hold an intervention for me - im watching paris hiltons most shocking moments on vh1

After that loss, I will not judge what a guy's gotta do to get by.

If you follow it up with a "Best Week Ever" or even a 'Flavor of Love: Charm School,' I'm not gonna be mad at 'cha.

Or maybe...

"Flavor of Love: PS2 Simulations"

'an_horse'

Well I did say "you might think I'm crazy" I dunno I just think he still has something in his tank. I could very well be wrong tho. I guess I'm just the opposite of CG, where he tries to find players he hates and sucks, I try to find diamonds in the rough. The world is a big rainbow to me damnit so don't ruin it ;)

Hes a perfect Pippen type...

Only cooler.

And not as ugly, but who is.

We all agree on Iggy. The problem is, who do you bring in?

I know they weren't in the running, but KG might have been interesting, though aren't they kind of stocked in the front court?

I don't know, but they need somebody--and he better not be soft.

And that's the thing about Philly that people need to understand, that city doesn't suffer p*ssies.

It's why Donovan has had a hard time.

Because, honestly, there are people who still think that guy's kind of a p*ssy and the TO thing didn't help him.

When TO came into that locker room and asked if anybody wanted to fight about it, Donovan should have got up and whooped TO's *ss, slapped the taste out of his mouth, or gone down swinging.

McNabbs not healthy. He wont be all year. I just hope it doesnt lead to a brash decision by management at the end of the year...or maybe i hope it does...i dont know...im so confused!!!

speakign of 360 ... halo 3 in 7 days. just a heads up to what i will be doing on the 25th thru much of 2008.

whats the bible verse ... give me your weak, your lame, your injured.

come home #7. i've got your favorite soup ready.

Adjustment shouldn't be as hard now.

You would think so, but I honestly think he's not getting helped by the staff.

It's not a coincidence that Garcia did so well under Marty M. last year, because Garcia's mobility is exactly what they want from Donovan--and like you said, that's not what Donovan wants to grow into being.

You know that play--Eagles fans know this well--where Donovan rolls and throws, and one foot kicks out and he ends up short-arming the ball into the ground, or lofting it out of bounds?

That's them asking him to do something he's not good at. He's tried to do it, he still tries, but he's not improving at it.

And so now when he stands in the pocket, he gets caught in that happy feet mode where he's torn between running and staying and so he does neither and either misfires or gets sacked.

Whereas a Tom Brady simply slides away from the pressure. He's done with running unless it's absolutely necessary. Don could be too, but that's not how they're calling the system. So he's fighting it, and they're fighting him on a very subtle level.

Back