Goop's Card for 12/13

Goopster24

Pretty much a regular
Hey guys, what's up? I know I am new to this but I wanted to post my picks for today so I could get some feedback and attempt to track how I do. I had a great night last night winning big on Seattle, Denver, Golden State, and LA Lakers all covering. Let's see what I can do tonight. Thanks for all the advice and info you guys put up; it is greatly appreciated!!!!

2 Units on Nuggets +3.5
I feel as though the Nuggets might be able to go on a nice streak after last nights win against the Hawks. I know they used a lot of energy, but this is a talented team. Washington is too but they haven't been great against top tier talent-wise teams. Plus, both of the Wizards' big men will be out, not that would have added anything more. I think people might be overlooking the Nuggets a bit here.

2 Units Blazers +6.5
Portland has played decent and Memphis is not good. They won't have an answer for Randolph down low and I easily see the Blazers winning this one outright.

1 Unit on Suns -9
This is everyone's sexy pick for tonight. I had to put a little on it, especially because it will be televised on ESPN tonight. The Suns are absolutely rolling. The Heat, without Shaq and Wade (wisdom teeth just got pulled), don't have many weapons. I picked against the Suns on Monday and hopefully I will be redeemed tonight.

1 Unit on Bobcats +10.5
It looks like Brezec will be back in the starting lineup along with Knight. This means Morrison will go back to the bench where he has been more comfortable. The Bobcats play tough and they are interesting young team. I am not overly impressed by the Cavs so far this season. This could be an interesting one.

Thoughts? I'd be interested to hear about the Nuggets pick. Thanks! BOL!!!!

I like Denver, but those guys have me mentally wore out from the game tonight, I don't know if I want money on them anytime soon. But that's the side I'd take myself. Agree with you in Portland game, and lean on Bobcats myself. Suns are my big play tomorrow.

Fondybadger said:
I like Denver, but those guys have me mentally wore out from the game tonight, I don't know if I want money on them anytime soon. But that's the side I'd take myself. Agree with you in Portland game, and lean on Bobcats myself. Suns are my big play tomorrow.

I appreciate your input. I like the Suns a lot too but I don't know if I can put a huge amount of money on them. I feel like they could lay an egg against anyone, even the Wade-less Heat. That said, the Suns are awesome this year against bottom tier teams. I might add another unit to this by gametime but who knows....

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Nice card Goopster! I'm on the cats also. Good luck tonight!</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Terpman92 said:
<table id="HB_Mail_Container" unselectable="on" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%" width="100%"><tbody><tr unselectable="on" width="100%" height="100%"><td id="HB_Focus_Element" unselectable="off" background="" height="250" valign="top" width="100%">Nice card Goopster! I'm on the cats also. Good luck tonight!</td></tr><tr unselectable="on" hb_tag="1"><td style="font-size: 1pt;" unselectable="on" height="1">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Thanks Terpman!

:cheers:

I just added another unit to the Suns and also added this:

1 Unit Sonics/Bulls UNDER 202

BOL!!!!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Goopster do you have an opinion on the totals for Lakers/Mavs? also twolves/Spurs</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Terpman92 said:
<table id="HB_Mail_Container" unselectable="on" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%" width="100%"><tbody><tr unselectable="on" width="100%" height="100%"><td id="HB_Focus_Element" unselectable="off" background="" height="250" valign="top" width="100%">Goopster do you have an opinion on the totals for Lakers/Mavs? also twolves/Spurs</td></tr><tr unselectable="on" hb_tag="1"><td style="font-size: 1pt;" unselectable="on" height="1">
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Terpman,

Totals are really not my thing and I usually look to others for help on that. Just taking a quick glance at the lines and previous scores, here are my slight leans.

Lakers/Mavericks - The Mavericks can play so many different ways. They have some low scores the last two games. I feel as though they would want to slow it down against Kobe. The Lakers on the other hand are going to be playing their first game without Lamar Odom. I would imagine Kobe is going to go nuts and try to take this team on his back. I would imagine low numbers from everyone else. I am leaning towards the UNDER 195.5

Wolves/Spurs - First glance at the number (182.5) is making me think OVER. The Spurs have been on a offensive tear as of late it seems and the Wolves are starting to figure it out offensively too. I haven't seem much of the Wolves but I know the Spurs can score in bunches. If I was picking between this one and the other game, I would lean more on this game being OVER 182.5

Hope that helps and I would be interested in seeing what you have to say too! Thanks man!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">The reason I asked was I noticed both of those games have been hit heavy on the over. I don't jump and hit when I see that. However, it gets my attention! In some cases it's been hit so hard I reverse it, other times I follow it. I was interested in your analysis, after looking at your write up which I thought was good. I'm also wondering if the Nuggets aren't just flat out worn down after that Hawks game. That total seems high to me.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

I am on the side that the Nuggets will be up to par against the Wizards. I really like this team and although they tend to lay an egg here and there, I feel as though they could be starting a nice little streak. That's just my feeling though. The total? That is a crazy high total and I don't know where to start. The Wizards have no big men playing with Haywood and Thomas both out probably. It could get crazy, but that crazy? I would say under, but things could get interesting fast.

Thanks for the positive comments as I really appreciate it!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I tend to shy away from the unders because it seems like whenever I bet under it's a sure thing that OT. comes, I've gone down that road too many times. I bet on the Wiz tonight-3, the total at 221 is high if Denver's worn, that Atlanta game may have inspired them, who knows!</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">This last game was wild! They played like shit in the first half, then they destroyed the Hawks in a big way in the second. If it's a repeat or not, I can't wait for the hoops tonight.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

nuggets saved me for the day b/c i had 5 units on 1Q, 5 units on 1st half and 10 units and game...lost juice, but better than losing 20 units!

i lean towards wizards myself, have the spurs/wolves locked in for the over and will probably not play lakers vs. mavs although i lean towards the mavs covering.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">andresh- I was in the same boat! I bet 3 units on the second half-7.5 on Denver, they covered large.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

seriously man...i was close to playing the 2nd half myself but told myself to ride it out and not push my luck...i am trying to stay away from chasing when i start losing...it's tough!! time for bed....gn..BOL tomorrow.

Andresh,

I totally hear you about last night. I was going to chase it but I held back. It was a positive night and it was great! I am feeling good about tonight, BOL to all!

My final card was this:

2 Units on Nuggets +3.5
2 Units Blazers +6.5
2 Unit on Suns -9
2 Units on Suns -3 1Q
1 Unit on Bobcats +10.5
1 Unit on Sonics/Bulls UNDER 202

I went 3-1 on my 2 unit plays. Nuggets looked good early and then Arenas caught fire. I'm a little mad from that play, but you live and learn. All in all? That was the only play I lost tonight, so I went 5-1 for about a +5.5 unit gain. Very happy indeed! Thanks for all the help offered!

Back