Give me your Top 5 QBs in the NFL

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
put brady on the falcons and they would have won a ring by now

but the arguments are just silly because football is the ultimate team sport... i dont think its really fair to look at qb stats alone and rank based off of that

Well, if we are asking who would you rather have this year .. if you are taking brady it is because of wins and past history and not current form. While Ryan clearly has better receivers around him, brady clearly has better culture and system around him. One of Brady's super bowl wins is a joke with the tuck rule game where he choked and fumbled followed by the spygate superbowl against the lambs. He choked as a huge favorite twice against eli too.

I will say this... Give Brady back Welker and throw in Demaryius and Decker and I'd bet you'd see a much different result than what we're seeing with Brady this year.

Brady > Ryan ... doubt anyone is debating otherwise ... the dbate is whether 2013 brady is better than 2013 Ryan. I would rather have 2013 Brady but it isn't clear cut.

I just think it seems winning is the big thing to everyone unless it is tebow .. then it doesn't matter.

Also, rg3 was gonna be a great qb .... nice work by the rat to end his career as he knew it my top 5 current ...

P Manning
T Brady
A Rodgers
D Brees
B Rapistscumbagberger

And lol at someone complimenting Newton. Won't make the playoffs ... again.

I don't think anyone complemented him. We just said he was better than Tebow, which was the question. :)

I think old head manning was pretty good. But the Saints at the time were horrible.

agree with Em that you need to say what it's for

if it's this year it's something like

Rodgers
Brees
Sheriff

and then a big drop off

Romo (playing unbelievable this year)
Luck

if it's going forward its

Luck
Rodgers
Wilson
Cam
1st overall in the draft

VK, is this what you're referring to?

If I'm taking a QB right now as a hired gun to win a 'ship - Rodgers. If I'm taking a QB to build a team around - Luck. If I'm taking a QB to kick the shit out of in an alley - Vick.
The sheer brilliance/truth of this post should not go unnoticed.

someone listed him as best qb in the league prior to me bringing up tim
I said it....there are stats that show that he has been lately

Stats can be distorted

I think Cam is very good though....Ive always said it

Peyton
Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Eli

It seems most of us agree on 4 but that 5th one…I picked Eli simply because he is better than what the team record suggests and is a proven winner through playoffs.
Stafford puts up stats but again when playoffs come to town does he step up or fizzle. Thus that's what make the top 4 guys different than most of the other guys is that you can depend on them.

In the end I would pick Brady to lead my team any day of the week, Rodgers a close second because these guys just seem to do crazy things with not much.

Did Brady, in one week, just vault ahead of Matt Ryan? To those of you who honestly thought Matt Ryan was better than Tom Brady?

If Romo is not top 5, he is at the lowest 6. Guy singlehandedly saved the season yesterday and his numbers are top 5 every year, but next week if he throws a pick the conversation will go back to the "clutch" crap.

How's clutch Flacco and Eli doing lately

If Romo is not top 5, he is at the lowest 6. Guy singlehandedly saved the season yesterday and his numbers are top 5 every year, but next week if he throws a pick the conversation will go back to the "clutch" crap.

How's clutch Flacco and Eli doing lately

LOL. Whats your point? Eli is having a bad season, Brees had a bad one last year. Romo needs to show up in playoff games then he will be ranked where you think.

I'm glad I was able to provide you with some humor. My point was the narrative is always about the "clutch" guy being the superior player and it gets re-enforced everywhere. Eli has barely ever been and Flacco has never been a top 5 guy. Yet they get in the conversation, while Romo who is insanely talented and puts up great numbers every year in a crazy environment gets left out because of a perceived late-game deficiency.

LOL. Whats your point? Eli is having a bad season, Brees had a bad one last year. Romo needs to show up in playoff games then he will be ranked where you think.

This, man there are so many players in many sports that just rack up the numbers in the regular season but come post season where it matters most, they disappear.

This, man there are so many players in many sports that just rack up the numbers in the regular season but come post season where it matters most, they disappear.

I agree that Romo has done himself zero favors in this department. I just think that if not for a few plays over thousands of plays, Romo would be thought of in the top tier. It isn't fair in my opinion that he is judged differently than all other QBs in this regard. And I loathe the Cowboys. Despise them. But respect Romo as a player.

I agree that Romo has done himself zero favors in this department. I just think that if not for a few plays over thousands of plays, Romo would be thought of in the top tier. It isn't fair in my opinion that he is judged differently than all other QBs in this regard. And I loathe the Cowboys. Despise them. But respect Romo as a player.

lol. Theres a difference. Eli hits manningham down the sidelines, eli makes the play to tyree. Romo on the other hand drops an extra point. He's a bum until he wins. Only fantasy dorks care about stats.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9XSgZzHSts0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Only fantasy dorks care about the stats? That is not true at all.

Romo is a great quarterback. You have to consider the dumbass coach he plays for.

Brady is back in my top 5.. I was wrong.

I really was thinking he was regressing but he got most of his weapons back and looked great. Brady was on a mission to tell everyone

"HEY BITCHES, I AM BACK"

I have him on one of my fantasy teams and sundays game was his first good performance of the season..

It might be one of the first times I was wrong and NBAFAN was right at the same time. lol

lol. Theres a difference. Eli hits manningham down the sidelines, eli makes the play to tyree. Romo on the other hand drops an extra point. He's a bum until he wins. Only fantasy dorks care about stats.

Lol. Yeah that play was all Eli. Tyree had very little to do with that. Way to mention the extra point as if that is in any way relevant to his ability as a QB. And fantasy dorks care about stats? I do almost all my capping based on statistical analysis. And I am hitting every week. So consider me a dork. This was a post to list your top 5, not get into a pissing match so I am going to end here and keep it civil as I always do. Gl to you crawdads the rest of the year.

Giving all the credit to Smith for 25 wins is like ranking Dilfer ahead of Marino. Team sport. And Romo should be nowhere near this list, can't excuse all the late picks and misfortune that seem to find the guy.

Giving all the credit to Smith for 25 wins is like ranking Dilfer ahead of Marino. Team sport. And Romo should be nowhere near this list, can't excuse all the late picks and misfortune that seem to find the guy.

Not giving him all the credit but his stats were about as good as anyone in the league when he played for San Fran last year. And KC was way better than last year's record but this is a historic turnaround. He certainly deserves some credit.

And he doesn't make my top 5 so I am a hypocrite I guess... but dayum.

Lonnie Chisenhall's team won more games than Pablo Sandoval's team. Chis clearly better 3B.

Not giving him all the credit but his stats were about as good as anyone in the league when he played for San Fran last year. And KC was way better than last year's record but this is a historic turnaround. He certainly deserves some credit.

And he doesn't make my top 5 so I am a hypocrite I guess... but dayum.

He's OK. KC also got healthier, changed coaches, soft schedule so far, keep playing back-up QBs. They've been extremely fortunate. And let's give about 70% credit to the defense.

Top 5 right now ...

Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Stafford
Luck

Leaving the Mannings off my list, yesterday's news.

Romo's late picks and poor late game play is a complete myth. Dude gets it done in the 4th quarter, look up the stats for yourself. I'm not sure why he gets such a bad rap, but it's completely not true.

Top 5 right now ...

Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Stafford
Luck

Leaving the Mannings off my list, yesterday's news.

Agree with all but Peyton obviously. You can't possibly have a Top 5 list w/o Peyton on it right now, that's just ludicrous. Take out Stafford, put in Peyton, and you probably have the right answer Tip.

Back