Give me your Top 5 QBs in the NFL

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
If I'm taking a QB right now as a hired gun to win a 'ship - Rodgers. If I'm taking a QB to build a team around - Luck. If I'm taking a QB to kick the shit out of in an alley - Vick.

Okay I'm done with this topic. I would prob take 10 QBs today before I would take Matt Ryan to win on a neutral field all other team mates being equal.

Give him a good 3-4 more years of experience, and Russell Wilson is going to be pretty good. He's not going to light up the stats but he just gets the job done. You need a pass play, he'll deliver. You need him to scramble and run to pick up a key first down, he'll deliver.

Brady
Breez
Manning
Wilson
Rodgers

no particular order because each is has their pros/cons...stafford comes in at a close 6th

Hmmmm... braves = Atlanta, Atlanta = Falcons.

i don''t think he is top 5 , prolly not even top 10 this year qb.

Twink just makes poor arguments because he can't stand that the falcons don't care about that little team west of atlanta

Amazing how far ELIte has fallen. 2 SB's in the last 6 years and not even mentioned in this thread...

A win is a win is a win. The defense still sucks. And my comment was wishful thinking lol. The offensive line needs continuity. And Andre brown needs to be really good when he returns. Gmen need him in a big big way. You cannot tell me you'd be surprised if the giants made a playoff run.

anyone who has Touchdown Tommy still in the top 5 hasn't watched the Pats this year

yes the weapons aren't as good, but he is missing open guys all the time, especially deep

Pro Football Focus reports that Brady is 9-for-37 (24 percent) on passes traveling 20-plus yards (with just one TD), something that ties into a multi-year problem (read this piece from the summer of 2012).

anyone who has Touchdown Tommy still in the top 5 hasn't watched the Pats this year

yes the weapons aren't as good, but he is missing open guys all the time, especially deep

Finally someone who gets it!!!!! FINALLY..

agree with Em that you need to say what it's for

if it's this year it's something like

Rodgers
Brees
Sheriff

and then a big drop off

Romo (playing unbelievable this year)
Luck

if it's going forward its

Luck
Rodgers
Wilson
Cam
1st overall in the draft

I wonder what cam would do if he had a really good WR corp. You can say he has the worst WR corp in all of football.

I wonder what cam would do if he had a really good WR corp. You can say he has the worst WR corp in all of football.

That may be Brady. Newton has Steve Smith. Smith is 10 times better than anything Brady has right now.

You people need to respect the soulless ginger in Queen City known as the red rifle....only QB in the league that could make Marvin Jones a pro bowler. Even making an average athlete like AJ Green servicable.

You people need to respect the soulless ginger in Queen City known as the red rifle....only QB in the league that could make Marvin Jones a pro bowler. Even making an average athlete like AJ Green servicable.

whenever-i-read-90-of-all-funny-text-conversations-on-the-internet-19368.gif

The Brady worship is truly insane and is close to reaching madness. He's good just simply nowhere near what his genuflectors believe.

He's clearly having a bad year, but he's "good?" Come on, the Brady haters are clearly as delirious as you're claiming the Brady genuflectors are. He's almost universally thought of as a top 5 QB of all time by anyone who's ever discussed the topic. He turned nobody WRs into pro bowlers routinely and has a few rings on top of it. It's one thing not to like him, I get that, but he's "good" is pretty humorous.

If u don't have Peyton manning as the best qb to with the next game (which is what right now means to me) then wtf??

i don''t think he is top 5 , prolly not even top 10 this year qb.

Twink just makes poor arguments because he can't stand that the falcons don't care about that little team west of atlanta

how were they this year before the injuries? Last year was a pipe dream, luck city

Falcons radio shows make dumb songs, make fun of Gleason, etc

List goes on....the fans don't care, because there are no falcon fans dude

lifeless place of a stadium and generic ass fans

question for the Brady backers .... better qb tebow or newton?

Newton. That's not even a question though, is it? One has a job in the NFL, the other doesn't because he sucked.

just trying to figure out if it is accomplishment or stats that matters to you ,,,,,,

Not sure where you're going with this exactly, are you trying to say that Brady is only seen as great because of his team's victories? Brady has both the stats and the wins to back up his status as an elite QB (prob top 5 of all time). He is definitely having an off year, even his staunchest supporters can't argue that.

Well, if we are asking who would you rather have this year .. if you are taking brady it is because of wins and past history and not current form. While Ryan clearly has better receivers around him, brady clearly has better culture and system around him. One of Brady's super bowl wins is a joke with the tuck rule game where he choked and fumbled followed by the spygate superbowl against the lambs. He choked as a huge favorite twice against eli too.

2012 broncos > 2011 broncos ..... tebow gets 1 more playoff win than Manning ...tebow in overtime = td pass to beat ben roethlisraper .. Manning in overtime = interception to lose the game.

So is it stats or results?

Well, if we are asking who would you rather have this year .. if you are taking brady it is because of wins and past history and not current form. While Ryan clearly has better receivers around him, brady clearly has better culture and system around him. One of Brady's super bowl wins is a joke with the tuck rule game where he choked and fumbled followed by the spygate superbowl against the lambs. He choked as a huge favorite twice against eli too.

You can say whatever you'd like about his "choking" away a SB or two, but the fact remains that he is one of the best QBs to ever play in the NFL. Oh, and Wes Welker dropping the sure TD might be the counterpoint to Brady choking away the SB...that and the nearly impossible catch made by the Giants in the first one. They lost the games yes, but it's a stretch to say it was Brady choking the games away.

I'm not sure if Brady would be in my top 5 for this year, but he may be. Sure he's not having the best of years (or even a good year frankly), but there probably aren't 5 other QBs I would want if I needed to win a game in the playoffs.

2012 broncos > 2011 broncos ..... tebow gets 1 more playoff win than Manning ...tebow in overtime = td pass to beat ben roethlisraper .. Manning in overtime = interception to lose the game.

So is it stats or results?

I'm not sure what I'm missing. It's probably a mix of both, especially when you're looking at an entire body of work. The implication that Tebow is somehow better in anyway, shape, or form than Peyton is hilarious. Implying that Tebow is even better than Josh Freeman would be funny.

What does the stats or results thing have to do with Brady though? He has both stats and results.

Back