FSU QB under investigation for sexual assault from 11 mos ago?

It's Florida, we could see an unveiling of the villain scooby-doo mask style tomorrow.

Could it be possible they announced a presser to give him an opportunity to turn himself in beforehand? That would obviously be assuming there are charges forthcoming. Would that be a "common courtesy" if you will in a high profile case like this where the city would have a lot to lose and perhaps the SAO would be feeling pressure in not wanting to hurt the kid's reputation or something like that..?

Unlikely. Not sure I've ever heard of anyone using a press conference as a precursor to arresting someone in a case like this. I'd think they'd want to get the "violent criminal" off the streets rather than let him watch the press conference from his comfy home confines. Meggs isn't concerned with FSU football and wouldn't give a common courtesy like that. I'm also not sure I see that as a courtesy (going public that you're going to arrest me, making more of a spectacle out of the situation rather than just arresting me). The fact that Jameis' attorney is preparing for him to make a statement after Megg's press conference is a good sign in my opinion.

Unlikely. Not sure I've ever heard of anyone using a press conference as a precursor to arresting someone in a case like this. I'd think they'd want to get the "violent criminal" off the streets rather than let him watch the press conference from his comfy home confines. Meggs isn't concerned with FSU football and wouldn't give a common courtesy like that. I'm also not sure I see that as a courtesy (going public that you're going to arrest me, making more of a spectacle out of the situation rather than just arresting me). The fact that Jameis' attorney is preparing for him to make a statement after Megg's press conference is a good sign in my opinion.

Gotcha, thanks man - appreciate you sharing everything you have. The more I think about it, your logic is more sound than mine.

I got kinda thrown off tonight by Cowherd's tweet so I think I've been sorta grasping at straws to what it could be. Prob made me overthink the whole thing with Winston.

Colin Cowherd ‏@ESPN_Colin 1h On phone last 60 minutes. Crazy rumors. Shock the sports world rumors. Need a cocktail.

I know the two potential big stories that came to mind were:

1.Saban to Texas, which I feel very strongly isn't happening

2. Winston being indicted, which I feel is a much greater likelihood, while still pretty unlikely

Couple that with Ron Burgundy getting bumped off SportsCenter tomorrow night so I got to thinking it could be about Winston and all that could go with it.. Anyway, thanks again for input. Hope you get a chance to go to Pasadena if you've never been, was one of the most memorable trips I've ever had and I truly hope every CFB fan gets a chance to see their team play for a ship out there. If you guys go and you have a chance to go, please do it!

Saban should goto Texas. Winston has made this a very profitable year for me so I'm pretty sure he's innocent.

Haha. My earlier post were guilty until proven innocent themed. A bit of sarcasm if you will. I can't believe in a rape type act one year later. But I guess we will find out tomorrow.

bird man bird man

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...IGATION?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Warrants detail accusations in Jameis Winston case
By GARY FINEOUT
Associated Press

A
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- Search warrants in the sexual assault investigation of Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston indicate the woman told police she was raped at an apartment after a night of drinking at a bar.
The search warrants were released Thursday, hours before a prosecutor was set to announce whether the Heisman Trophy contender will be charged in the case.
In the warrant, the alleged victim says she and friends had shots at Potbellys and her "memory is very broken from that point forward." She says she remembers being in a cab with a man and going into an apartment before she was raped.
After that, she remembers the suspect dressing her, putting her on a scooter and dropping her off at an intersection, but she had no idea where the alleged rape occurred.
THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

ummmm. doesn't her being drunk directly contradict the original report about her BAC being in control?

Probably arent going to charge him, but morally he had a responsibility to tell everyone about a rape that did not occur.

She said she was blackout drunk and it proved she was sober. She has been proven to have lied. He hadn't lied. Try to stop me but I'm not guilty.... What you want from me.... Not guilty.

bird man bird man

She said she was blackout drunk and it proved she was sober. She has been proven to have lied. He hadn't lied. Try to stop me but I'm not guilty.... What you want from me.... Not guilty.

bird man bird man

I thought they said here BAC was .04, but that was hours after the alleged assault. Estimated to have a BAC of .10.

Not sure if they ran train. Says 2nd set of DNA was from boyfriend. Sex earlier that day or along with Jameis?

So it needs to be said here then after all the mess. They need to go after this girl for filing a false report and the laws for filing a false rape report need to be buffed up a bit.

So it needs to be said here then after all the mess. They need to go after this girl for filing a false report and the laws for filing a false rape report need to be buffed up a bit.

I didn't get that was the case at all. The DA said she couldn't remember enough to have any evidence, doesn't mean it didn't happen right?

They don't have proof that she filed a false report. All they have is there wasn't enough evidence to convict.

They don't have proof that she filed a false report. All they have is there wasn't enough evidence to convict.
one of two things happened -

She was drunk brought him home they had sex and she couldn't remember, felt remorseful or her boyfriend found out, it was consensual.

She was drunk went home and Winston went to do the deed she said no he said yes.

I didn't get that was the case at all. The DA said she couldn't remember enough to have any evidence, doesn't mean it didn't happen right?

Come on. Even at .10 you are not blacked out. She remembers plenty, she was caught lying from the start here IMO.

I think the DA said the accuser would not be charged either. Something happened, but rape's a toughie for the prosecution.

I don't disagree with you that it could have been consensual but its still possible that she said no.

Very strange response from the "victims" attorney. Not one mention about being disappointed with the outcome?

she gets to go on living her anonymous life (to the majority of people) and he now becomes the butt of VKs jokes for the next ten years at CTG. It's clear to me she lied.

lol. I don't know what happened either, but how is it "clear"?

Come on. Even at .10 you are not blacked out. She remembers plenty, she was caught lying from the start here IMO.

Thats not true. .10 is different from person to person. Somebody couldn't certainly be blacked out at .10 from what I've read.

Thats not true. .10 is different from person to person. Somebody couldn't certainly be blacked out at .10 from what I've read.

Highly unlikely from my understanding. It's generally accepted that blackouts occur at .20 and can occur as low as .14

Also let's reiterate here that this girl and her friends were using the hashtag fsucletechasers. This girl knew that she had the next star QB bagged and thought she might get something more than a side piece treatment. When it didn't happen that way she cried rape.

Also let's reiterate here that this girl and her friends were using the hashtag fsucletechasers. This girl knew that she had the next star QB bagged and thought she might get something more than a side piece treatment. When it didn't happen that way she cried rape.

This is definitely possible.

Back