Friday NBA...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
29-21 +21.60 units

Detroit O200 -110 2 units

Not much history for this play. The season opener at the Palace hit for 194 points total. Detroit is 25th in the league in scoring. Again, not good at first glance. With this small line-up we saw Detroit come out and execute perfectly in first quarter at Washington and for half a quarter in the third of the same game. At the same point, the defense struggled for over half that game. They are slow on pick and rolls and are suspect to dribble penetration all too much. I wanted to play this bigger, but I also feel Detroit is going to put together a better effort tonight. They have done it a few times this year unexpectedly. Granger should be huge as usual against the 'Stons and I see this as a pretty wide-open game. Again, trends from past and Detroits performances this year don't line this up as a play. With new line-up and substandard defense I see this as a very nice spot.

New Jersey O207 -110 2 units

Of course the number is at a very hearty 204.5 this morning. Another game with limited history but these teams are much different. Toronot is trying to push the tempo a bit more under the new coach. New Jersey is quietly becoming a sleeper team in East somewhat. VC is having his best all-around year in ages shooting as good as ever. Devin Harris is getting 24 and 6 and should be the East starting PG in ASG but will lose out to fan favorite Iverson. In this game, I like the fact that Harris should be able to do whatever he wants offensively whether scoring or facilitating. The three-point shooting offense both ways is excellent and Toronto cannot defend the line well. The defenses the last 5 have been poor both ways. I expect an open game somewhat similar to the NY-NJ game the other night but not as high scoring. Both teams get into 100's which gets us a hova

LA Clippers +8.5 -110 3 units

Last nights game in Utah should have been a play. I almost went at it but backed out late. Either way, many capped that well and congrats on that. I watched the 4th qaurter with much interest though because I was hoping the main Blazer guys would be out there pushing t get back in game. That they did. I also noticed they were very tired as they would settle for many jumpshots and most of those were not close. It's been a rough stretch for the Blazers with the unbalanced schedule. They get a break after tonight rest wise but can they muster togetehr 4 qtrs here? i don't think so. They won't magically gain all this energy overnight. The Clippers have been off since blowing the big lead on Monday at home vs Orlando(thank you very much). Situational play and I think LAC can win it on the court as well.

GL everyone.

I'll be on the Clipps with ya now that we got that nasty little streak taken care of last night. BOL tonight.

Walter schooled me today

727732960.jpg

Bar,

Tail you alot so thanks for making me money. If you have time, would like your thoughts on Miami. Seems like good spot with 3 days rest, Hawks last game of roadtrip, and Miami playing well and good history against Hawks. Thanks

ras,

I intially leaned ATL with little capping fwiw.

The series history is slanted HEAVILY towards Miami.

Atlanta just got swept through the Texas Triangle. That was spread out from Saturday till Wednesday.

Lookahead perhaps to Lebron coming to the ATL on Saturday night. The Cavs are starting to turn into a traveling roadshoe ala the Jordanaire days of the late '80's.

Miami had an impresive West Coast run going 3-2. They have come back and won both home games although neither by a big margin against dwellars OKC and CHA.

I do like that Miami has played just four games in last 11 days. Definetly the fresher team.

I don't lean ATL anymore. Won't say I lean Miami but that is the better side imo.

also, a rare CBB play..tailing Tee and the guys with Iowa State +8.5 for one regluar NBA unit(thats 2 cbb units fwiw).

Love the Over in Detroit. My best choice for Total for this night. Don't have an opinion about the other two, but liked the write ups. Hope you sweep! :)

GL, im tailin on the Clipps.

I hate being on the opposite side of that Raptors total.

Dang that toronto/nj is either looking like a defensive struggle or poor shooting just by looking at scoreboard at espn.

cash money

good work as always. after a rough start, lookin to be a pretty good season. i dunno how u can predict how these thugs will play every night. i guess u can relate to them well.....

thanks for the work bar.

Back