976 TEX RANGERS, Pitcher: M HARRISON-L -1½+170 u10½-105 -115
5:10 PM
977 LA ANGELS, Pitcher: D MOSELEY -R +1½-200 o9-110 EV
978 MIN TWINS, Pitcher: N BLACKBUR-R -1½+170 u9-110 -120
7:10 PM
979 DET TIGERS, Pitcher: VERLANDER -R +1½-205 o7½-110 +101
980 SEA MARINERS, Pitcher: F HERNANDZ-R -1½+175 u7½-110 -121

:cheers:

why not keep riding the Marlins? Nats should be full of joy after #1. Nolasco has talent. Cant see my money backing Lannan

Initial glance like a few basically in this order:

Mariners
Blue Jays
Marlins
Rangers
Twins

Seattle winners of 6 of 7 get to stay at home after winning the series against the Halos. Felix dominated this Tiger lineup last year in Seattle and expect the right handed dominated lineup to struggle w/ the King. Not ready to back Zoolander on the road at this point especially at this low price.

Toronto bats are hot right now and not getting the respect they deserve imo. A relatively young team that has a lot of confidence should get it done at home vs Oakland price seems very generous.

Florida and Over are likely to make the cut as Washington finally got the Mouse off their back but Olson is god awful. The Marlins top 3 hitters went 1 for 15 today and they still put up 6 runs. This lineup doesn't appear to be contained by Olson who should be fighting for a spot to stay in the big leagues, I mean seriously what has this guy done to deserve a starting spot.

kmacc--lannan is on the hill tomorrow for the nats, not sure if that changes much

just somethign to think about moseley went to the funeral of good friend nick adenhart, does this inspire him to pitch lights out tomorrow, or does this affect his command..minny just got their asses handed to by toronto at home..

Pretty hard not to like Baltimore first 5.
Oakland will also be a first half bet and possibly stronger.

Last edited:
Hmm...something seems fishy (no pun intended!) with the Marlins line. Their staff ace, after a 3-game sweep of an upper-eschelon team on the road, vs. the worst team in baseball. FLA is 8-1, WAS is 1-7 and this is only -120? I'm not really sure what I'm missing and I see many people have this game played, or on their radar.

I honestly thought Oswalt would be more expensive...I know the crew has changed, but 23-1 lifetime is hard to ignore.

who is this walters guy for the dirty birds?? Roy does own the reds and at a cheap price especially when houston is startin to put up runs..at home to boot..i bite on houston...cubs should win today

not a fan of totals but what u guys think of the over in the mutts and brew crew game??

definetly messing with the cubs and arizona...is roy still the same roy that we all know?? anybody have weather update in the cubs game...yanks should be seeking huge revenge at home after that debacle yesterday..lot of favorites today but a cubs yankees and arizona parlay looks good

My afternoon plays : NYY RL (-120) I know the juice sucks on this but that is what you get with public fav. bodog lines. it is nice though because they usually have the fattest underdog lines, even more than pinnacle and i mostly play those anyway. i was thinking about the over but how could i lean both fav's and both overs? the line movement also tells me it could be under.

chc ML (-190)/ over 9.5 (-135) : i slammed the over in cubs yesterday for my biggest play of the day and ill ride it again. not much of a writeup here, we know how these offenses do things. stl pitching could be in trouble imo, zambrano has been pretty damn impressive this year. im saying that just by watching him, disregarding stats. i think he has his first bad outing though. hopefully not as bad as this other chump..

Real quick :

Lesson #1 : Until further notice almost never take the Yankees in a series opener . Reason is they are 1-3 last year and while I dont have the stats in front of me they were terrible in 2008 as well. Guessing they won less 40% of the time and factor the huge odds they lay thats a gigantic moneymaker......

today think Yanks win a close game but not into laying -1.5 . Reyes has been good vs LH since coming to the AL and that is key . Joba maybe has some revenge for the attack of the flies in CLE few years back...in all seriousness a guy who definetly wants him named etched in Yankee history IMO getting the 1st win ....

played Under 9 small because of the vig ...

parlayed Yanks and Cubbies ....1.25 to 1....

Hint of the day ? Home teams RULE .....play the pricey Home teams ML @ -180.......:cheers:

Yankees in Game 1s in 2008:(always double check )

Home :12-14
Away : 11-14

Total : 23-28 (about 45% so better then I recalled but still terrible when you realize the avg price)

Home :: 2-1 in 2 game series , 9-9in 3 game series , 1-4 in 4 game series

Away:: 2-2 in 2 game series , 8-9 in 3 game series , 1-3 in 4 game series

2009 :

Home : 0-1 ( 0-1 in 4 game series)
Away : 1-2 (1-2 in 3 game series)

On paper great trend to follow so far is Yanks are 2-8 L10 opening games of 4 game series and 1-5 at home in that span.

Prices :
Yanks vs TB -185 Ian Kennedy (L) ( apprx+170 or ++)
Yanks @ Cle -130 Pettitte (L)
Yanks @ TB -110 Pettitte (L)
Yanks @ Twins +100 Moose (W 6-5)
Yanks vs KC -240 Wang (L) (+220 +)
Yanks vs RSox -130 Pettitte (L) (+120+)
Yanks vs LAA -180 Pettitte (L) (+170+)
Yanks @ Texas -160 Joba (L)
Yanks vs WSox -140 Aceves (W4-2)

Yanks vs Tribe -220 CC (L) (+200 +)

so fading the Yanks at home in openers of 4 game series where they are1-5 would net somewhere close to +8 units ...

A faithful reminder to us all !:cheers:

Also --

Game 2's in 4 game sets just 3-6 entering today : Home 2-3 , Away 1-3

Game 2's in 3 game sets 22-14 , 10-8 home and away 12-6

In 2008 Yanks were 5-14 in game 1 and 2's of 4 game sets and 0-1 to date now...thats 25% on a 20 game sample......

who is this walters guy for the dirty birds?? Roy does own the reds and at a cheap price especially when houston is startin to put up runs..at home to boot..i bite on houston...cubs should win today

No idea really ...6'4 200 pounds listed so obviously tall and lanky RH...<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg4><TD>Fantasy Analysis</TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>Walters was dominant in his lone Triple-A start April 11, allowing two hits and a walk in seven shutout innings. He fanned six. Consider him a sleeper addition in NL-only leagues at this point, but the Cardinals could make this a one-and-done situation before skipping him at the start of Fantasy Week 3 (April 20-26). Take the flier now and watch his start. Any Cardinals starting pitcher could be intriguing even for mixed leagues. "It'll be a heck of an assignment," LaRussa said. "He's a composure guy. He's used to being under the gun. We'll see." <TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=left><TD colSpan=19>Minor League Pitching Stats</TD></TR><TR class=bg1 align=left><TD>Year</TD><TD>Team</TD><TD>W</TD><TD>L</TD><TD>ERA</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>GS</TD><TD>CG</TD><TD>SHO</TD><TD>SV</TD><TD>INN</TD><TD>H</TD><TD>R</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>HR</TD><TD>HBP</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>SO</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>2006</TD><TD align=left>A-St. College</TD><TD align=left>2</TD><TD align=left>1</TD><TD align=left>3.56</TD><TD align=left>26</TD><TD align=left>0</TD><TD align=left>0</TD><TD align=left>0</TD><TD align=left>8</TD><TD align=left>30.1</TD><TD align=left>29</TD><TD align=left>15</TD><TD align=left>12</TD><TD align=left>1</TD><TD align=left>2</TD><TD align=left>9</TD><TD align=left>31</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>2007</TD><TD align=left>A-Palm Beach</TD><TD align=left>3</TD><TD align=left>1</TD><TD align=left>2.67</TD><TD align=left>5</TD><TD align=left>5</TD><TD align=left>0</TD><TD align=left>0</TD><TD align=left>0</TD><TD align=left>33.2</TD><TD align=left>29</TD><TD align=left>10</TD><TD align=left>10</TD><TD align=left>2</TD><TD align=left>1</TD><TD align=left>6</TD><TD align=left>37</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>2007</TD><TD align=left>A-Quad Cities</TD><TD align=left>6</TD><TD align=left>1</TD><TD align=left>2.62</TD><TD align=left>17</TD><TD align=left>10</TD><TD align=left>0</TD><TD align=left>0</TD><TD align=left>1</TD><TD align=left>68.2</TD><TD align=left>59</TD><TD align=left>25</TD><TD align=left>20</TD><TD align=left>2</TD><TD align=left>9</TD><TD align=left>12</TD><TD align=left>73</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>2007</TD><TD align=left>AA-Springfield</TD><TD align=left>3</TD><TD align=left>4</TD><TD align=left>2.37</TD><TD align=left>8</TD><TD align=left>8</TD><TD align=left>1</TD><TD align=left>0</TD><TD align=left>0</TD><TD align=left>49.1</TD><TD align=left>42</TD><TD align=left>13</TD><TD align=left>13</TD><TD align=left>4</TD><TD align=left>4</TD><TD align=left>15</TD><TD align=left>37</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>2009</TD><TD align=left>AA-Springfield</TD><TD align=left>1</TD><TD align=left>2</TD><TD align=left>3.25</TD><TD align=left>6</TD><TD align=left>6</TD><TD align=left>0</TD><TD align=left>0</TD><TD align=left>0</TD><TD align=left>36.0</TD><TD align=left>35</TD><TD align=left>17</TD><TD align=left>13</TD><TD align=left>5</TD><TD align=left>3</TD><TD align=left>8</TD><TD align=left>34</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Seeing the LOW walks and the fact he was an 11th round draft pick assuming his stuff is nothing special . Normal velocity but good command despite the fact he hits nearly as many guys as he walks ...lol..but serious ...19HBP to 50 bbs.

Mix in the fact LaRussa calledhim a composure guy he almost certainly is a guy who just throw strikes or at least labeled that ....

Truth is he has tolook impressive to be getting the start . Why ?Not on the 40 man roster so he has to be added and someone else dropped ....

Either they stuck in a real pinch and he is the only alternative for today or they like this kid and are rewarding him some and maybe to see where he is at ..Cause they should have Micthell Boggs to make this start if they really wanted to but bypassed him ..

I parlayed Cubs and Yanks but looking at maybe taking Cards +1.5 as they have had success vs Zambrano in the past and believe Z has alot of 1 run games at home if I recall correctly.......

Would not just blindly fade the kid...:shake:

I thought he missed the 08 season looking at the stats
CHICAGO (AP) -The St. Louis Cardinals have called up right-hander P.J. Walters to help fill a hole left in the rotation when Chris Carpenter went on the disabled list.
Walters will start Friday's game against the Chicago Cubs.
Carpenter is out for up to two months with a torn oblique muscle.
The 24-year-old Walters impressed Cardinals manager Tony La Russa during spring training and pitched seven shutout innings in his one minor league start for Triple-A Memphis this season.
He began the 2008 season in Double-A before getting promoted to Memphis, where he went 9-4 with a 4.87 ERA.
The Cardinals optioned right-hander Josh Kinney to Memphis to make room on the 25-man roster for Walters ........provided but clearly just an omission...

Walters, a 2006 11th-round pick, spent most of last season in Double-A and went 9-4 with a 4.87 ERA. He was quite a bit more successful at lower levels, but because of his below average fastball, there were questions about how he'd do as he climbed the ladder. While his changeup is a really nice pitch, he might be better off in relief.....from Rotoworld

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited:
i can already tell the yank RL is a loser. w/o arod in the lineup i think yank lineup is not anything special at all.

:shake:Matsui is hurting and Tex is not 100% it seems . Yanks had called up Robertson who pitched well yesterday but sent him down for Miranda because they need another stick...Ransom hasnt done anything besides make hard outs at times , Gardner has been quiet , Matsui struggling ...mix in Tex hurting , missed a few games ...thats almost half our lineup ...and the whole of the bottom of the order ....

well, i nailed the afternoon games but got burned getting greedy with the yank RL. it's alright i'll have more winners tonight.

oak @ tor : i really like oakland here and ill be on em. not sure about the total because i would say under maybe but i expect toronto to score at least 2-3 and if i have oakland winning it could be close.

bal @ bos : im liking the value with balty here for sure. guthrie is a guy i like betting on and i think penny and boston are getting a little too much respect here. probably look at the over as well since i like balty.

chi @ tb : LOVE the under. i like chisox and would gladly take +1.5.

fla @ was : wash ML was a max play for me yesterday and it was nice and easy. i liked what i saw from their offense and ill probably be on the over here. i can't ride wash again but i would hesitate to back ricky until he looks better. could be back and forth scorefest.

atl @ pit : like the over and possibly pitt but damn i don't think i could predict this game to save my life..

sd @ phi : i bet big against cole last time out, sandy really fucked me last night because i had a couple parlays get burnt on met ML. with that said, im thinking about rolling with philly -1.5 tonight. i think cole bounces back and philly flexes some muscle tonight.

mil @ nym : livan is a big pimp again and i think he could have a big time resurgence year. i really like the mets tonight but a couple things that fry my ass.
1. mets burned me last night in a game i thought they should have won.
2. im scared how dirt cheap this line is and public looks to be pounding. is it just that cheap because they've kinda played like crap??

be back later.. GL

well suck at totals losing both but hit both sides had them pegged . Didnt think Yanks won by more then 1 run and they didnt . After jumping on the chance to parlay Yanks and Cubs once I looked into thought Cards +1.5 RL was a good play and that hit . You have to catch all the breaks for those things to happen ...

AL--

Red Sox , TB and Minnesota ML's are the ones I like ...

Leaning Det and Oak ML but not sure if I want to play them. Det more because King Felix is a bit of a question mark not that Verlander isnt . Oak because Tor had a 7 game trip , played 4 in Minny which ended last night , no rest and play today vs Oak who had the day off...

NL--(havent really looked at many)

Nats and Phillies

Reds and Bravos are leans..minor leans..:cheers:

Prefer to play home teams today I guess . I really like TB here . I had Danks and the under yesterday which was a game which WSox should have blown them out but didnt so by the late innings they probably should have lost but TB couldnt get 1 key hit . WS offense with MOB was pathetic ...that game was a layup for Chi and they almost didnt win . Now Longoria should be back and they have the SP edge as Colon will give up 3+ runs IMO..

Red Sox are cheap if Penny is back to form. Balt never plays well against Boston especially at Fenway unlike they do vs the Yanks.Guthrie was okay vs the Yanks and was spotted a 5-0 lead in his next start....Orioles pen is a disaster so far and all they have done is beat bad pitching ..terrible starts from the Yankee guys and just terrible work in Texas which the wins were close....

Just think everyone seeing ATL being swept , Chipper and now Escobar out , will be racing to bet Pitt and Maholm. Pirates offense hasnt done enough to earn confidence and Matt Diaz will be key for ATL here ....

GL

Orioles 15-44 L 59 meetings and 6-23 @ Fenway ...Sox already 1-2 at home have to be looking at this series as the one to get back on track... actually like RS -1.5

i know nut, i watched every out of that chisox game. i could never lay this ridiculous juice with TB. i actually think colon could gem it up and go 7 IP 1 ER.

i dont think penny will be back to form. i'm not saying guthrie will be unscathed but i think this could be high scoring. i guess i would play +1.5 balty because i know boston needs a win and they could will one here if they are down late.

i dont like pitt really. don't have any interest in that one.

i know nut, i watched every out of that chisox game. i could never lay this ridiculous juice with TB. i actually think colon could gem it up and go 7 IP 1 ER.

i dont think penny will be back to form. i'm not saying guthrie will be unscathed but i think this could be high scoring. i guess i would play +1.5 balty because i know boston needs a win and they could will one here if they are down late.

i dont like pitt really. don't have any interest in that one.

Price is a bit high on TB now but deservedly so IMO..Colon will struggle vs TB LH bats imo...it was his achilles last year and he did decent vs Minny LHB but think TB's LH do well here..
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=yspscores height=16>18.1</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>25</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>-</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>-</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>5</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>9</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>13</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>-</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>1.85</TD><TD class=yspscores height=16>.309</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

thats 25 hits and 5hrs with 9bb 13ks in 55 outs (or 18.1 inn)..

TB with Shields was about 180 in the playoffs vs Vazquez to make it relative for me .......

:shake:

my only plays tonight are chisox +1.5 (-115) and under 8.5 (+105)
oak ML (+128)
philly ML (-163)

mil @ nym : livan is a big pimp again and i think he could have a big time resurgence year. i really like the mets tonight but a couple things that fry my ass.
1. mets burned me last night in a game i thought they should have won.
2. im scared how dirt cheap this line is and public looks to be pounding. is it just that cheap because they've kinda played like crap??

Livan was terrible last year (which isn't a memory wiped away simply by a few good pre-season games & 1 new season game), and the Brewers are a basically an unchanged playoff team that is 3-6.

Livan was terrible last year (which isn't a memory wiped away simply by a few good pre-season games & 1 new season game), and the Brewers are a basically an unchanged playoff team that is 3-6.

I didnt touch this game .

However look at Livans 1st 10 starts of 2008 he was actually excellent and in the AL as well . By no means do I think he is anything special but he may be someone who at this point of his career starts fasts and when he fades do it an accerlated pace...

I played him last week vs Fla and wrote some shit up in the discussion thread. Pretty amazing how good Livan was for a stretch in 2008 ...

:shake:

Late games :

Under 9 -105 LAD : (lean 1st 5 under)

Always like to look at unders when 2 LHs oppose eachother . Here Wolf is a streaky SP and off a good start @ Zona while Col seems to like sending its LH to the hill @ LAD .

DeLaRosa L3-1
Francis W4-3
Francis W 3-0
Francis L3-2
RedMan L11-3 but crazy start his 1st of the year , allowed 10 runs in the 1st then threw 5 shutout innings afterward....

going back to 2007 which isnt easy Morales won and the COL won in xtras when he started while Francis won in April and lost 4-3 in another when LAD scored 2 in the b8th .....

Rockies RL -160 (small plays on ML and 1st 5 inn ML )

also:

Tigers 1st to score

Tigers ML (small)

maybe Giants over and Zona ML ? :cheers:

Back