Friday Discussion Thread

Manoah called back up. Are we supposed to be optimistic toward him now because he had a good start in Double-A? Well that's better than rookie ball! Lol

Well, the Andrew Abbott plus money is gone....playing Reds series again because why not @ -105. They have now won 10 of the last 12 series they have played. DK trying to buy out my Reds division bet LOL sorry suckers...

Last edited:
Don't we think the NYY might be a little cautious with Rodon coming off the shelf today? Looking for an OUTS under...not available so far....

Don't we think the NYY might be a little cautious with Rodon coming off the shelf today? Looking for an OUTS under...not available so far....
I agree 100%. I can’t imagine he throws more than 80 pitches and may be a bit rusty. I know the Yankees lineup is depleted and Taillon pitched pretty well there as a Yankee but taking a shot at the over myself in this one.

Well, the Andrew Abbott plus money is gone....playing Reds series again because why not @ -105. They have now won 10 of the last 12 series they have played. DK trying to buy out my Reds division bet LOL sorry suckers...
Tailed you on this last series against the Nats. Thanks.

Struck out 10 but 43% of his pitches were balls, probably a lot of minor league swings at balls outside the zone.
Yeah I can't read much into one start at double A when his previous one went like this:

The outing was a significant improvement from his last minor-league start, which came for the Florida Complex League Blue Jays on June 27. Manoah was hammered for 11 runs in 2.2 innings in that start against an opposing lineup consisting mostly of teenagers.

Yeah I can't read much into one start at double A when his previous one went like this:

The outing was a significant improvement from his last minor-league start, which came for the Florida Complex League Blue Jays on June 27. Manoah was hammered for 11 runs in 2.2 innings in that start against an opposing lineup consisting mostly of teenagers.

This blurb on that performance made me laugh:

Despite his awful line in the box score, the Blue Jays felt that Manoah did what he needed to do on the mound during Tuesday's start in the Florida Complex League, Gregor Chisholm of The Toronto Star reports. "I obviously saw the line score and all that stuff, but I heard that the things we were talking about in terms of strike throwing, delivery, tempo, velo were all positive," manager John Schneider said.

Also wind tonight in SF is blowing out to CF at 20mph if you're looking for a reason to play over there

Last edited:
Back