Friday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
May 12 Fri 2023

Last edited:
I see rain in Detroit but I’ll def look closer cause I really like tigers plus anything if they can get game in without delays. I’ll take Boyd over Gonzalez most days and I actually think tigers a tougher lineup than seattle is for lhp at the moment.

Woulda liked to see a better number for nats, I assume that price will draw Mets money but I think I agree with it, in other words don’t go jumping on Mets thinking it nice and easy, nats have a pretty decent chance to win that game. Gore was a good get in the soto trade I assume, Mets are seriously struggling and won’t have a fun time hitting him, Megil is nothing special. I’d love to see this get bet up, if I could get a little more plus on nats I’d prob bite.

Holy shit James Paxton is still alive! He pitches for Red Sox now? I have no clue when the last time this guy pitched? No clue what to expect there. Kinda wish anyone else was pitching cause I got the feeling there is very little chance waino is gonna have a good time getting outs against Red Sox lineup, wind is blowing out also? Red Sox team total over gotta be worth a look. I don’t think I have any interest guessing on Paxton but again, how waino getting thru this lineup 2+ times without damage? I don’t see it.

Kinda expect rangers to keep beating up on A’s, think I could argue the way price coming down makes rangers cheap. Waldichuk is probably a little better than the 7+ era he sporting but he not in Perez class, Perez has become one these good pitchers analytics hate so his prices usually have solid value. Even if ya wanted to call the pitchers close which I don’t agree with rangers lineup carrying a ops 80 points higher vs lhp and don’t even get me started on the Oakland pen who still sporting a collective era of damn near 7 and usually blows any game they happen to be in late. Let the analytics die hards pound the number down then play rangers I say, ml or -1.5 if you rather.

I was looking at gore k’s but Mets do have a pretty heavy lineup of lefty hitters, he fanning them at a better rate than last year but he also has a real problem walking lefty hitters, his k/bb ratio is pretty awful vs them. I might back off looking at that game for now, I hate dealing w pitchers who walk a bunch of guys, seeing how he has faced 4x as many righties on the season but has walked same number of lefties and Mets could have up to 6 lefties in lineup that worries me. He was dominant vs Mets once this year and did punch out a number of their guys hitting from left side. Maybe have to wait and see lineups on this one.

I have no clue how to judge Stros starter France? His 1st start was really good but it was against seattle who hasn’t hit much of anyone. The dude is 28 and just getting a big league look? That raises red flags to me. He walked way too many throughout his minor league career, I wouldn’t trust him to have all a sudden found his command at this level! Think he just got a fortunate matchup in his 1st start and also was kinda lucky. Does that mean the garbage white Sox can hit him? They just lost 3 of 4 in kc not hitting much against mediocre pitching so hell if I know. Im
Still not much a buyer on kopech. Cws+127 should be a decent bet but these guys are losers so probably just pass.

So far as I can tell Paxton hasn’t Exactky been ripping it up in the minors. 21 innings 26 k’s 16 walks with a 6 something era. Maybe the 1st 5 over in Boston is the way to go? I don’t exactly love putting faith in cards offense but between him and waino somebody (if not both) are gonna get knocked around.

Wish I could find something bout paxton stuff but 5 walks his last rehab start doesn’t exactly scream “I’m ready for the bigs”, pretty sure Sox had to call him up so not sure this more than wishful thinking? I dunno, I don’t think waino is making it 5 innings clean vs Sox lineup, Paxton going all 5 would kinda surprise me, it def surprise me if he was able to go 5 and not give up 2-3 runs. Seems like there gotta be a pretty good chance for some crooked numbers by both teams.

Super excited to see this kid Eury Perez pitching for fish tonight. Freakishly tall lefty who apparently has fantastic stuff and pretty good command of it for a 20 year old. One the top prospects in the game. I was curious bout this line, I guess now I know! Lol.

Never know how a 1st big league start gonna go and we talking bout a 20 year old kid, that said there might not be a lot of chances to play him over 4.5 k’s if he lives up to his potential! He fanning over 12 per 9 in the minors with less than 3 walks per 9. Cincy has a lot of swing and miss in that lineup, if the kid isn’t too amped up he should fan 5+ easy. Maybe the fact he making his debut in Miami in front of 17 ppl will be better than a packed house! Shouldn’t feel much different than the minors! Lol

Well Eury perez number shot up, hope some ppl got on it.

I also played Walker ov 3.5 k’s -150

He has a pretty good history at coors, he shouldn’t realky be lower than 4.5 imo. He has good enough stuff to fan 5+ any start, was pleasantly surprised to see he been really good at coors on numerous occasions dating back a bunch of years. I’ll roll the dice with that number any day!!

I don’t know where it at now, I can’t believe this number held while the total was shooting up but I got some Red Sox Ff tt ov 2.5 -150.

Also stl/bos Ff ov 5.5 and game over 10.5

Everyone fading the waino v Paxton matchup, lol. I think it the right move, both guys were carrying era’s above 6 during their rehab stints. I have no clue what kind of velo, spin, or pitches Paxton working w these days but he a lefty who been walking too many in the minors, cards can hit lhp some days!! I just don’t see a world where both Paxton and waino able to go 5 innings and not get smacked around.

Boom, Red Sox come thru just in time to cash the 1st 5 team total and 1st 5 game over! Both starts now waino looks ok the 1st time thru lineup but his stuff is so diminished he has to throw the kitchen sink at guys from the jump, they have seen all he has and it certainly ain’t blowing anyone away by 2nd time around and he gets smashed! HATE TO SEE IT BUT LOVE TO PROFIT OFF IT!!

Holy cow, Paxton gave up the early 2 but he has 9k’s and pretty much dominating cards lineup!! Didn’t really expect that, lol.

Rangers are really pissing me off. 1 run every inning, coulda busted a crooked number in a few and Perez keeps giving run back to Oakland the next inning.

Back