Friday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
pr 28 Fri 2023

I wouldn’t hold your breath tho, I doubt there anything all that interesting to say about a freaking -250 fav. I assume Lopez k’s are set fairly high? Kc isn’t a huge strikeout team, then and nats both actually make a lot of context for being so bad! When I get home I’ll look but I can’t imagine playing anything unless I like twins offense agaibst whowvse pitching for kc.

Man the dodgers feel cheap! I don’t love they coming back from east and no day off but I just can’t imagine cards offense is gonna hit May in this park. My perception is flaherty pitches well when he goes back home to la but sometimes my perception is way off, lol, gotta check, I have no clue wtf they gonna get from him start to start anyways so that a pain in the ass. He actually was striking guys out last start but we have seen how much seattle offense struggling! Need to look at his pitch chart for that game. 1st thought Is Ff under or cards team total under in some fashion, slight lad lean also, cards still havnt won game 1 of any freaking series all year!! Lol, sad!

Braves feel cheap also, just at a glance, i woulda thought at least -150 considering the starting pitcher edge. I thought peterson had a decent matchup his last time out and still got clobbered, tough to expect he gets better here! I don’t love that so far my 1st reaction been mostly gravitating to favs but sometimes it is what it is.

Stroman vs Luzardo in Miami monstrous park feels like some kinda under to me. Stroman finally got hit a little bit last start but he mostly been fantastic to start this year! He striking more out than you would expect from him, if he still keeping a elite ground ball rate on top of that you would think he continue to be very tough and shouldn’t have any problem going 6 innings while holding this lineup to 1-2 runs at most!! Luzardo last few starts have been shaky at best, he hasn’t made it thru 5 innings in either and we talking bout facing clevland and freaking giants, not exactly lineups that known to rough up lhp!! Cubs at even money might be better than the total.

Eduardo Rodriguez has been fantastic and he has faced some very good lhp hitting teams including these O’s last time out where he totally dominated them! The problem is of course tigers offense plus this another freaking b2b game for the pitchers vs these offenses, I despise these games! It so tough cause you mostly can’t expect a pitcher who dominated for 6-7 innings to go out and be that good again vs the same lineup. At same time it tough to be high on the lineup after seeing them totally shit on by said pitcher. Expecting gibson wouldn’t be as good yesterday was pretty easy considering what he is. I’m not sure that the case with Eduardo who has 19k’s to 1 walk his last 3! Imo he a damn good pitcher and this park should make him even better, I just don’t love a very good lefty hitting team seeing him for 2nd start in a row.

Man the dodgers feel cheap! I don’t love they coming back from east and no day off but I just can’t imagine cards offense is gonna hit May in this park. My perception is flaherty pitches well when he goes back home to la but sometimes my perception is way off, lol, gotta check, I have no clue wtf they gonna get from him start to start anyways so that a pain in the ass. He actually was striking guys out last start but we have seen how much seattle offense struggling! Need to look at his pitch chart for that game. 1st thought Is Ff under or cards team total under in some fashion, slight lad lean also, cards still havnt won game 1 of any freaking series all year!! Lol, sad!

My perception on flaherty pitching back home In dodger stadium was actually correct. He been nails pitching here, 3 starts, 18 innings, only 3 runs allowed and 29 strike outs!! The problem is I dunno if he close to that same dude he was back when he made those starts? That was a couple injuries ago! I do think this a prime spot to pitch well in a friendly park and with dodgers w no off day coming home from east, if there a good spot for him this gotta be it. Ff under making a lot of sense to me.

I see rain in minny, looks like it might be cleared out by game time? I dunno, I’m probably gonna pass on that game.

Gotta think Lopez Ks or ours is only way to play that early game. Where’s @2daBank when you need him

Lopez got bet down to 5.5, doesn’t surprise me, asking for 7 k’s was kinda a lot as royals put the bat on the ball, it just doesn’t go very far! Lol. 18.5 outs just tough, I gotta love a guy to count on him to go passed the 6th inning. He did get 6k’s in a bad start vs nats of all teams, I think nats and kc are actually decent comps far as lineups go. Can’t pay -200 for over 5.5 tho. I just don’t see much of a play especially with some rain in the area. Much better games tonight! I do love Pablo tho, always been a fan, I thought that was a rare great trade for both since fish had pitching surplus and really needed a guy who makes contact, twins needed a ace caliber pitcher. He could certainly fan 6, he punched out 8 royals in 5 innings on opening day, the great thing bout him all his stuff seems better than previous years, velo up across board, breaking pitches sharp, he about as close to a ace you can get without being considered a ace.

Cubs sporting the 6th best ops vs lhp with a very nice .815. I believe in stroman’s start and def like him to be good in this park against this fish lineup. Cubs ml seems like the play to me

There a lot of decent k props out there tonight but kinda tough to decipher which are best and not sure I’m looking to play them all, let’s talk bout the ones I lean!

Peterson ov 5.5. I mean he has gotten killed thanks to giving up a ton of bombs, not sure Braves the lineup you want to see to fix that? But his k:bb is good, his swinging strike been a very solid 12.5% ish the last 2 seasons and we know Braves strike out a lot!! The question is can he avoid getting tan from the game? Mets have mostly let him pitch 5+ innings even when giving up games, they can’t afford to have him not eat some innings so unless it a total disaster you would think they keep running him out to save the pen, if that the case you would think he get plenty of k’s, he just might give up bunch of runs also! I wanna say he gonna get better but I trusted him against a much better matchup w giants and he sucked! He has had some solid starts vs Braves but he gotta stop serving up meatballs. I’m super tempted here since Mets seem content letting him get the innings and Braves gonna strike out most nights!!

Im looking at both manoah and Castillo at 5.5 k’s. Castillo be the easy pick except he facing the tougher lineup. Still gotta lean Castillo as even tho manoah looked to figure things out his last start in NY where he was very good he only fanned 4 against a very high strikeout yankess team. Think I rather play seattle under runs against him or just the Ff under with these 2 and look to back Castillo k’s as my dude is pretty much matchup proof imo, think we getting a little value since there rightfully respect for jays lineup but when Castillo on it don’t matter, he can mow down any lineup in baseball!! This Ff under 4.5 screaming at me along w Castillo k’s!

What am I gonna do with flaherty? His last few starts been very promising, I don’t blame him that Marmol fucked up sending him out for the 7th against zona. The problem in that game even tho he was good he had a grand total of 4 swinging strikes! That just isn’t what flaherty should be! He did come back his last start and had the punch outs cooking against a struggling seattle lineup. Dodgers have a lot of swing and miss, Jack likes pitching back at home, I have pretty decent confidence he will be good tonight, just not sure I trust the strikeouts? Think I prefer the Ff under as mentioned I don’t see cards scoring but 1-2 runs at most off May. I think flaherty can hold dodgers to 1-2 runs thru 5 also, 4.5 a pretty good under to play imo. Better than flaherty k’s I think.

Eflin ov 4.5 k’s. The plus money on this one makes it very appealing to me, I don’t love cws seeing him for 2md straight start but that offense can’t hit rhp for shit!! Park should play big with chilly air and bit of a in breeze. I expect Efflin will be able to go 5+ innings without running into much trouble vs this lineup. His k:bb ratio been fantastic, his swinging strike the best his career thus far, normally at this age I might say it early season variance but no surprise he went to one the smartest teams in baseball and they have drastically changed his pitch mix to what I assume will be optimal levels since the rays know what they doing! The one concern I have here is pretty much the opposite of why I lean peterson, rays have a history of pulling starters early much more than leaving them in too long, certainly can’t blame them with the lock down pen but it frustrating for our purposes. He was pitching great last game with only 1 run thru 5 innings and only at 67 pitches and rays still pulled him after 5, we don’t wanna see that as I feel like 6 innings the magic number, if he goes 6 I have little doubt he fans at least 5! He could certainly punch 5 in 5 innings, I actually think a 5 inning start would make it close to 50/59 which where the plus money comes in! However if he is allowed to come out for the 6th inning then I think chances he gets 5+ k’s shoots up quite a bit to the point this would be a incredible bet at the price! His 15.5 out number doesn’t inspire a ton of confidence he allowed to pitch past the 5th tho. I guess the thing is I still think at +110 it’s a long term
winning bet, it just turns into a great bet if he goes longer. I think it worth it: he was cominv off extended rest before this last start, prior to that they allowed him to throw 82 pitches in a 6 inning start. That another thing, he been very efficient as his pitch count has been very low for the points he being taken out. Adding that cutter im sure had gotten him more quick outs allowing him to throw less pitches.

Anyways that what I’m looking at. Any thoughts are welcome as I try to work out what I think the best ones might be. Whether I agree with your take or not it in no means a negative and actually helps me a great deal so don’t be shy!!

Ended up with a fairly big card I guess, maybe typical I dunno, lol:

Cubs ml
Braves ml
Sea/jays Ff un4.5
Cards/lad Ff un 4.5
Cws ff tt un 1.5

K props

Effln ov 4.5
Castillo ov 5.5
Peterson ov 5.5

I wanted to add flaherty k’s but guess just wait and see another game with him, I do think he will continue pitching well at dodger stadium as he seems to be figuring it out at right time to come here where he always seems to pitch well.

All those plays and no real dogs other than little plus on Eflin k’s and cws tt under. Unusual but I just didn’t see any dogs that jumped out to me today. I did a sgp for the hell of it in the seattle/tor game cause I got a profit boost thingy on it:,

Seattle tt un 4.5
Jays tt un 4.5
Seattle +2.5
Castillo 6+ k’s

Think it was +412, feel like odds kinda suck on these, probably why I don’t do them very often other than I take a crazy shot combining a bunch of different nba ones every day for 10 bucks cause they give you the 10 bucks back if you lose, figure one these days I’ll accidentally hit 1, hasn’t happened yet! Lol

I got a free $10 bet on a home run prop, lol, who the hell bets 10 bucks? I guess I do wken they give me these free bets for doing the sgp but only cover 10 bucks! Lol. Anyways I took

Albies +500

I actually think any of the 3 Braves righties in middle the order were all bout same, Riley, albies, Murphy, they all been smashing lhp and peterson been giving up a ton of bombs. Figure 1 or 2 of those guys probably hit 1. Just took albies cause paid a nice even 50 and he been hot this week.

I got a free $10 bet on a home run prop, lol, who the hell bets 10 bucks? I guess I do wken they give me these free bets for doing the sgp but only cover 10 bucks! Lol. Anyways I took

Albies +500

I actually think any of the 3 Braves righties in middle the order were all bout same, Riley, albies, Murphy, they all been smashing lhp and peterson been giving up a ton of bombs. Figure 1 or 2 of those guys probably hit 1. Just took albies cause paid a nice even 50 and he been hot this week.
You were just slightly off on this, Olson ended up getting one

You were just slightly off on this, Olson ended up getting one

Story of my life, lol. I’m just happy peterson got his 6th k before he was bout to get ran, Braves got those runs, and we got 5th complete. I’ll take the atl win and peterson k’s cause looks like a ton of rain just got in the area. I’d be thrilled they just called it now! Lol

Got Eflin k’s in what was prob his last better also! Castillo struggling but if I can get 2-2 thru 5 I’ll take his loss on the k’s!!

Fucking cubs manager left stroman out there entirely too long. Had he pulled him after the 1st or even 2nd hit in 7th and went to lieter cubs would still have the lead. Being a baseball manager far as in game decisions really isn’t hard, it’s perplexing to me how so many Fuxk it up!

Fuck yay. Got thru the 5th in Toronto 2-2, I was sure wasn’t gonna cash that Ff under, neither pitcher has his best stuff. They battled tho!

Will peterson k’s still count if they call the Mets game? That be bull shit if not cause he not gonna go back out if they restart it so woulda lost had he not gotten 6 and they play rest of game. I see rain all night so I assume that gane over after 5tg

Back